AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 23.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 11:33   Link #61
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ If that's the case then doesn't that mean that Haruna wouldn't have been able to control Shizuo even if he was stabbed, because Haruna didn't directly cut him?

It was the "Saika" in Haruna and all the others that wanted Shizuo, but she overcame hers which is why she wasn't at the park with the rest of them. They don't care who stabs him since once a Saika possesses him he'll want what they want.

Quote:
If not then doesn't that mean that despite being the original, Anri's Saika, is inferior in this aspect?
No because Anri's the one holding the original Saika back for the most part, furthermore Anri has now allowed her Saika to control over Haruna's unlike before.
Old 2010-05-09, 11:49   Link #62
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

go Anri! Shizou's power getting less human every time. O_O
and why the hell Anri thinks Celty's guy? she has boobs!
Old 2010-05-09, 11:51   Link #63
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Didn't we learn from the episode that the original Slasher was Anri's mother? If that's the case, then I think it explains why Anri herself was unable to control the people Haruna infected.

Speculation coming up

Now, the original Slasher (Anri's mother) infected Haruna at some point before going home and killing her husband and herself. Now at that point, Haruna was still inflected, and Anri gained ownership of Saika, but she wasn't able to control Haruna because she wasn't the one who stabbed her, but her mother. Now, sense the ''mother'' was dead, Haruna no longer had anyone controlling her, and became the de facto ''mother'' and was able to inflect other people and control them because she was the highest person on the chain of command.

That would explain why Anri was unable to control the people Haruna infected. Even if she had the real Saika, she wasn't the one who infected Haruna so she wasn't her ''mother'' and going by that, anyone Haruna infects Anri can't control because she didn't spread it herself. In order for her to control the slashers, she had to reclaim ownership from the de facto mother, by infecting her and then controlling Haruna's ''Saika''.

Or at leaste that's what I think.

Goes back to avoide spoilers
Old 2010-05-09, 11:54   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
haruna's been attaked by anri? when? how? to me it didn't look like anri ever attaked anyone. Because saika has no control over airi. She's just too gloomy and doesn't know how to feel or show love. It's more possible that the daugther of saika choose haruna because of her love towards her stupid teach.
As I said, we don't know when, how or even why. After seeing the katana and realizing it's Saika, Haruna says: "Then the one who attacked me that time was..." , I can't see how it could have been anyone else other than Anri. It could have been someone else (Shingen?) if it had happened more than 5 years ago, but since she stated her love for sensei is what enabled her to hold back Saika, I'm more inclined to think she was infected in the past 2-3 years (after she entered High school and met him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Remember Anri's Saika (or, at least Anri's disposition) is different from other Saika's. She probably could control Haruna, but couldn't control the other Saikas because they see Haruna as the "Mother" as she directly cut them. So what Anri really did was transfer/override the the control Haruna had over the children to herself.

As the original Saika, Anri feels that it's her responsibility, and lessen the chance for misuse.
That does make sense. But wouldn't that mean Haruna cut all those hundred or so people by herself? If it wasn't the case, then she wouldn't have a direct mother-children relationship, just like Anri. Well, I guess it's not impossible since she's been doing it for months...

Edit: Arabesque's speculation makes perfect sense. And I just remembered we were shown an article stating that Haruna was attacked when she was 12 years old, so the date fits. Forget what I said above.
Old 2010-05-09, 16:31   Link #65
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Didn't we learn from the episode that the original Slasher was Anri's mother? If that's the case, then I think it explains why Anri herself was unable to control the people Haruna infected.

Speculation coming up

Now, the original Slasher (Anri's mother) infected Haruna at some point before going home and killing her husband and herself. Now at that point, Haruna was still inflected, and Anri gained ownership of Saika, but she wasn't able to control Haruna because she wasn't the one who stabbed her, but her mother. Now, sense the ''mother'' was dead, Haruna no longer had anyone controlling her, and became the de facto ''mother'' and was able to inflect other people and control them because she was the highest person on the chain of command.

That would explain why Anri was unable to control the people Haruna infected. Even if she had the real Saika, she wasn't the one who infected Haruna so she wasn't her ''mother'' and going by that, anyone Haruna infects Anri can't control because she didn't spread it herself. In order for her to control the slashers, she had to reclaim ownership from the de facto mother, by infecting her and then controlling Haruna's ''Saika''.

Or at leaste that's what I think.

Goes back to avoide spoilers
I had forgotten about Anri's mother being the Saika before her, as Kanon said that makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
dit: Arabesque's speculation makes perfect sense. And I just remembered we were shown an article stating that Haruna was attacked when she was 12 years old, so the date fits. Forget what I said above.
Damnit, I had missed this too, it also explains how Izaya knew about her.
Old 2010-05-10, 01:00   Link #66
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

It's interesting to see who will win in the upcoming war. That is unless everyone in the non-Dollars gang is a Dollars member in secret.

Why is Namie working/hanging-around Izaya's office? Isn't she a chief of a major pharmaceutical company branch? Meh. I must have missed it during the Dollars meeting episode.
Old 2010-05-10, 02:17   Link #67
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioJC View Post
It's interesting to see who will win in the upcoming war. That is unless everyone in the non-Dollars gang is a Dollars member in secret.

Why is Namie working/hanging-around Izaya's office? Isn't she a chief of a major pharmaceutical company branch? Meh. I must have missed it during the Dollars meeting episode.
At the end of the missing-head arc, you find out that Namie's company got hostile-took-over by the American company Nebula because she was neglecting her duties wasting resources tracking down her brother. This means she just lost her power in the company entirely.

Namie took the head and fled. She needed the head because she doesn't want her brother getting it. But stealing company property means she is now on the run, and needed a place to hide. Izaya gave her a job working for him in exchange for keeping the head in his office.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:21   Link #68
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioJC View Post
I am actually assuming that this whole war will be solved when the 3 characters (Mikado, Kida, and Anri) actually stop keeping secrets from each other.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:57   Link #69
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am actually assuming that this whole war will be solved when the 3 characters (Mikado, Kida, and Anri) actually stop keeping secrets from each other.
totally agree.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:41   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Mikado: Hi I am founder of Dollars
Kida: Hi I am the founder of the Yellow Scarfs
Anri: Hi I am a parasite of a Demonic Sword and can control a Army of Red Eye Zombies.

Mikado/Kida/Anri: We wish you a happy stay at Ikebukuro but please look out for flying lamppost.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-05-10 at 16:34.
Old 2010-05-10, 15:52   Link #71
Kallen4life

Shizuo can just take out all 3 armies xD .. maybe he can team-up with Simon/Celty &
Spoiler for novel:

but it's getting better & better
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-05-10, 20:38   Link #72
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Mikado: Hi I am founder of Dollars
Kida: Hi I am the founder of the Yellow Scarfs
Anri: Hi I am a parasite of a Demonic Sword and can control a Army of Red Eye Zombies.

Mikado/Kida/Anri: We wish you a happy stay at Ikebukuro but please look out for flying lamppost.
Except this will probably never happen

Sig by nocco
Old 2010-05-11, 08:51   Link #73
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yeah, I think that trash bins and sign posts are more likely.
Old 2010-05-11, 20:05   Link #74
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

This is awesome. All three of them are the leaders, awesome. The best part is that you don't see anything of this coming from way back; only little clues are left here and there until the truth is revealed.

I am confused about a few things:
1). Did we see Anri slash Niekawa?
2). Did Izaya send the sword (or something) to Anri's family or did they accidentally come across it?
3). How did Seika know about Izaya?
Old 2010-05-11, 20:08   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

This is awesome. All three of them are the leaders, awesome. The best part is that you don't see anything of this coming from way back; only little clues are left here and there until the truth is revealed.

I am confused about a few things:
1). Did we see Anri slash Niekawa?
2). Did Izaya send the sword (or something) to Anri's family or did they accidentally come across it?
3). How did Seika know about Izaya?
1. no
2. Ep14 Shinra tol Celty Shingen sold Saika to a Antique dealer. Anri's father was a Antique dealer.
3. Saika knows everything her daughter's host knows.
Old 2010-05-11, 20:17   Link #76
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. no
2. Ep14 Shinra tol Celty Shingen sold Saika to a Antique dealer. Anri's father was a Antique dealer.
3. Saika knows everything her daughter's host knows.
1. Thought so.
2. Ah, that makes good sense. Glad Izaya didn't do anything...that would be too Aizen-hax and would suck.
3. So all of those 100+ people contributed to the conclusion that Izaya is doing some bad voodoo?
Old 2010-05-11, 22:25   Link #77
LKK

Who was the narrator for this episode?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
Old 2010-05-11, 22:48   Link #78
Sol Falling

Izaya, ain't it? I don't remember; did he do another episode before?
Sora no Method 20/5 :: Karen Senki 8/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Best adorable shoujo manga: Last Game
Old 2010-05-12, 01:06   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
1. Thought so.
2. Ah, that makes good sense. Glad Izaya didn't do anything...that would be too Aizen-hax and would suck.
3. So all of those 100+ people contributed to the conclusion that Izaya is doing some bad voodoo?
we don't know exactly what Anri learn form the d-Saika but whether she knows about Izaya or not. i think she is in the best position to find out. Just due to the fact that she knows whatever the person that d-saika infects.
Old 2010-05-12, 01:23   Link #80
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Three warring sides, multiple smaller factions in the background and one of the factions are the yellow-scarved rebels?

I should've known this show would become Romance of the Three Kingdoms...
Closed Thread