AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-10, 00:41   Link #201
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
...how are people still not getting this? There were students with guns. Did you think that Otonashi ran straight to Naoi without being shot? Kanade killed them before they could do anything, apparently she has no problem killing normal students.
Yeah I guess Kanade killing the NPCs wasn't directly shown, but we see her standing over the body of some NPCs and releasing her Hand Sonic. A reasonable conclusion can be drawn that she took them down while Naoi was hypnotizing Yuri. Of course, you can disagree since it wasn't directly shown.

Screenshot:
Old 2010-05-10, 00:42   Link #202
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
Mmm. It's obvious. There were bodies with the black jacket of usual students being shown in the same frame as Kanade withdrawing her Hand Sonic.
It's not that clear when you don't notice through. A little frame of actual body dropping to the ground as Tenshi "sheathe" her weapon will indicate well that she just used it to kill that guy
Old 2010-05-10, 00:50   Link #203
FateAnomaly

If she could "kill" the npcs who are standing at the corners, why didn't she "kill" Naoi too? To give Otonashi a chance to act cool?
Old 2010-05-10, 01:07   Link #204
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

Handsonic V4 is the mightiest weapon evar.

I was expecting the majority of the characters in the intro to disappear before Angel Links end. I guess not. It's already episode 6 and with the exception of the original Girldemo vocalist, nobody has disappeared yet.
Old 2010-05-10, 03:34   Link #205
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I wonder what implications Kanade's Hand Sonic Version 4 has. I mean, it's a lotus.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Old 2010-05-10, 03:39   Link #206
quzqazqaz

the whole episode was great just that......hand sonic version 4 was...a little over in a sense,and the part where otonashi hugs naoi.........,i can see in my mind hinata saying "are you....."to otonashi lol!
Old 2010-05-10, 03:45   Link #207
archer360360

Send a message via Yahoo to archer360360
Remember what i said b4? It work just like the door breaker of the SWAT when they attempt to operate a sudden strike )
But when i thought again, it's more like a hammer that she can use wipe out many obstacles a time with only one blow > Kawaii at first but deadly after that (may be the flower contain some kind of poison that she haven't use it yet?)
Old 2010-05-10, 04:06   Link #208
Etherdrone
The Questgiver

I wonder why most people automatically say "gayness" when Otonashi groped Naoi.

Not that it wasn't entirely out of place, but then again...

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Otonashi and Hinata are easily my favorite characters on this show.

So I'm more than just glad they have screen time. Even Kanade is getting hers now! Getting to know the Angel more is great.

I just hope we get more insight on the other members of SSS too. How come Shiina got her ninja skills? Am I the only one that's curious about this?

...And of course. TK. We need more TK.

Old 2010-05-10, 04:12   Link #209
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherdrone View Post
I wonder why most people automatically say "gayness" when Otonashi groped Naoi.

Not that it wasn't entirely out of place, but then again...

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Because of the weird pacing, everything that you just said wouldn't have sunk in fully at the time before the hug actually happened. That's why.
Old 2010-05-10, 07:45   Link #210
KanadeYuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click This View Post
Spoiler for Naoi:
but what attention he's going to get when the SSS will be gone? the NPC's aren't really charecters enough to give him what he wants. and if they will, won't he dissapear? :O
Old 2010-05-10, 07:54   Link #211
KanadeYuri

Well, it was a... confusing episode. I didn't get Naoi's story down, nothing really made sense in what he said, so if somwone can explain it to me it would be great.

Kanade&Ootonashi parts were awsome

I got really scared when I thought he's going to make Yuri disappear, and after her the whole awsome SSS. but, i had to stop and laugh when Hinata said "are you?...", talking about sweet revenge XD

I don't really get where it's going to go now. Kanade a part of the SSS? Naoi was moved by the whole scene or still going to kick their asses?...

talking about Kanade, it reminded me: Did any one else find it suspicious that Kanada didn't remember her fav food and the rules? maybe she's stating to disappear in a weird way because she was "god"...
Old 2010-05-10, 08:04   Link #212
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

It was a good episode...but I miss my laughing. This was one series that never failed to make me fall of the couch. It did have it's fun parts in the beginning, like with Yui, but yeah. It got serious too fast, not to mention confusing.
Old 2010-05-10, 08:17   Link #213
luongphanhien

This ep is very good. But comedy is too low. I think the funniest part is when TK jump out of the windows. "I'll be back". And part Yui b**p herself is funny, too.
Old 2010-05-10, 08:23   Link #214
Kazane

When Naoi was holding Yuri and started talking about Iwasawa, can anyone tell me why she started looking away? Along with Hinata looking at her too of course.

Can't seem to figure it out.
Old 2010-05-10, 08:48   Link #215
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole "contradiction" portion is pretty moot, since we know for fact in Episode 4 that someone else, namely Kanade, can create things that they couldn't while alive.
I think it is much more likely that someone can use hypnosis, whereas having cyborg type of weaponry, Guard Skills, are hardly anything one can make during their life time.

There has to be another specific element that allow a soul to bypass the limit of personal knowledge reconstruction.
Saying Kanade is "easier to swallow" is totally contradictory: no matter how mysterious she is, she was more or less confirmed as human back in Episode 4, and almost without a doubt in Episode 5.
If you cannot accept Naoi's hypnosis, I seriously can't consider your comment about Kanade's guard skills.
I would like to add also to Klashikari's comment the whole notion of the GUILD's and how they said people could make weapons they in the past life knew about or was it anyone could from the earth itself.....I find that so much into the materialization thing of Mai_HiME...anways, that alone defies hypnosis as something that Naoi could have learned in his past life. Also Tachibana's powers could have been something she wanted in her past life even if it was as a fantasies type.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:49   Link #216
Crontica

Or they could have gone to the forsaken afterlife LIBRARY PEOPLE! Yuri said you can make anything as long as you know how it works books and tools people they are all over the place.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:55   Link #217
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanadeYuri View Post
Well, it was a... confusing episode. I didn't get Naoi's story down, nothing really made sense in what he said, so if somwone can explain it to me it would be great.
He and his brother fell off a cliff. He landed on grass and lived, though battered. His brother died. However, since his brother was the only one with promise in his family's craft, they made him take on the role of his brother, blaming any lowered level of performance to the fall, and stating that "he" died.

He then had to live out his life pretending he was his brother until his father took ill. After that, he had no purpose left as he couldn't train to perfect the craft and "he" was dead.

This was all in reference to when Otonashi asked "Your life was real too, wasn't it!?" In which... it kind of was, but kind of wasn't.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:00   Link #218
Francismeunier
Banned

Smile

Just to show off what I did as GIF maker.....I made this

since I cannot put the other ones that are over 2MB and this scene was a cute one of Tenshi eating.....the rest will come on my BLOG soon enough.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:33   Link #219
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Or they could have gone to the forsaken afterlife LIBRARY PEOPLE! Yuri said you can make anything as long as you know how it works books and tools people they are all over the place.
Well the massive cannon didn't work. So i guess you need to know a little bit more than that....

Then school library sucks (mine at least). I used to spend so much time on it that i'm pretty sure that i will practice martial art instead of looking for something useful there (if i'm in AB universe)
Old 2010-05-10, 11:57   Link #220
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer360360 View Post
Remember what i said b4? It work just like the door breaker of the SWAT when they attempt to operate a sudden strike )
Did it not look more like a sudden bomb blowing up if you ignore that hand sonic version 4 the effects look like that more than anything. Just simply a bomb on the door going boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well the massive cannon didn't work. So i guess you need to know a little bit more than that....

Then school library sucks (mine at least). I used to spend so much time on it that i'm pretty sure that i will practice martial art instead of looking for something useful there (if i'm in AB universe)
Is not Matsushita who does martial arts in AB? Well.....that is exactly what I meant with materialization except the people do it out of their minds.....do wonder when will bazookas and gatling guns come out for use in AB world....
Closed Thread