AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-12, 05:45   Link #61
Randumo24
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: mayfield, ohio
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Mayuri is Batman minus the martial arts. Just because he lacks "battle skills" doesn't mean you underestimate him when he has many toys in his arsenal to screw you over. Also, lets keep in mind that he was able to replace all his vital organs before fighting Szayel...I would consider Mayuri to be the most dangerous Captain just due to how he can counter you just by observing your fight in a short amount of time.
By that logic, Urahara is the most dangerous. Anyways, Mayuri didn't get prep time before the battle against Uryuu like he did against 8.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 05:51   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
By that logic, Urahara is the most dangerous.
and your point is???

Urahara always had that "aura" eminating from him since his character was introduced.

Quote:
Anyways, Mayuri didn't get prep time before the battle against Uryuu like he did against 8.
Mayuri didn't need prep time because he already (at least he thought at the time) had all the data on Quincy's. Uyruu won because he had a power that was basically unknown because it was so dangerous to use, also seeing a picture of what happened to his grandfather at Mayuri's hands didn't help either

The trick to beating Mayuri is hoping you have something up your sleeve that can over power him that he doesn't already know about.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 06:07   Link #63
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Yes, but Aizen also one shotted Toshiro & pwnd Ichigo. I know that he can absorb energy around him, but it's not enough to make up that much difference. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but still. Mayuri lacks battle skills to the level of an average captain.
well of course the main villian got a few more strength displays. doesn't change the fact that one such display was to one shot a weak captain just like uruyu.
__________________
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:32   Link #64
Ichiban Hayai
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece
Age: 35
A good episode.
It did not have that much impact on me because a) It felt too much of a remake from Ichigo-Grimmjaw fight, b) I find Ulqiorra lame

Still very solid episode. The drawings and animation were very nice despite the limited colour palette. The music tracks were also well placed.

What I really enjoyed is [ don't attack please ] Orihime. I don't remember when I last saw her so well animated. Her facial expressions along with the voice acting and general animation, were golden.
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 09:53   Link #65
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Well I guess that was the best episode in the whole Ulquiorra VS Ichigo fight... at least no stupid Rukia VS Raping Tree and Chad's and Renji's useless fights...

So the most horrible part of the fight is coming, huh?
[REMOVED]
Mostly liked how Ulquiorra screamed and smashed Ichigo's face... and I guess hitting walls with your body really does no damage... I mean after flying along whole pillar and leaving holes in it, Ichigo looked quiet well...
__________________

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-05-13 at 15:06. Reason: No future event hints here!
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:29   Link #66
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48° 28' 43.50", +16° 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
What I really enjoyed is [ don't attack please ] Orihime. I don't remember when I last saw her so well animated. Her facial expressions along with the voice acting and general animation, were golden.
haha, and here I thought that all people can see in her is the kurosaki-kun spamming to me the whole ichi-ulqi situation would be pointless and without any sort of drama without her, I wouldn't even be able to care about Ichigo's execution, she's my absolute highlight in this part of the arc and I can't wait for the next episode(fingers crossed for no censoring)
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:38   Link #67
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I seriously can't imagine how they can censor it... unless they plan to make a nightmare x_x
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:41   Link #68
Demon God
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Episode 270..,was good after all.
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:14   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Ulquiorra: "Use getsuga, Kurosaki Ichigo...it is your strongest attack!"
Ichigo:"Orly, what other attacks have you seen me use? "
Ulquiorra:"Just use it anyway, ima show you how leet I've become!!"
Ichigo:"Whatever..."
Quote:
It felt too much of a remake from Ichigo-Grimmjaw fight
Ichigo VS GJ was at the very least a battle between equals. Ichigo VS Ulq has been one-sided owning ever since the fight began. Ichigo has landed a single hit that literally scratched Ulquiorra, while the latter has brought Ichigo to the brink of death even without using his 2nd release, which he used only to break his fighting spirit. How is this a remake of the Grimmjaw fight in any way?
Quote:
Mayuri lacks battle skills to the level of an average captain.
His shikai can paralyze the body with a single hit, plus he always fights with Nemu at hand (basically another one of his tools). One good strike is all it takes to kill his enemies, and because of that his battle power is immense. That is without mentioning his escape mechanisms and trapping gadgets, which are used in battle.
Quote:
Uyruu won because he had a power that was basically unknown because it was so dangerous to use
Breaking the spirit glove gave him infinite power, enough to destroy the world by preparing an attack (not even shooting). At that time he was practically invincible.
Under normal circumstances, Uryuu's power lies in his weak AoE bow that couldn't even pierce Yammy, and his Seele schneiders, which use the enemy's reiatsu against them. Today he gained high mobility through his spirit circle-thingy, and he's got brains for tactics. As long as he doesn't get fatally wounded from the beginning, he can fare well against all lieutenants and most captains, slowly sapping their strength while avoiding hits.
EDIT: Oh, he also possesses some weird Quincy magic spelled in german...
__________________

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-05-12 at 11:34.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:18   Link #70
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon God View Post
That's a different story....,which I can't help you with..
aaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!



Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:46   Link #71
Ilija
Blah
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 19
Wow... I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a bleach episode this much. Maybe 166? Damn, that's over 100 eps. Kinda pathetic.

Oh well, let's focus on the positives! Orihime's VA is good when she's not going 'Kurosaki-kun', Ulqui's reiatsu thing was cool - his VA was really good actually - and it's always good watching an Ichigo beatdown. Next ep looks great!
__________________
Ilija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:54   Link #72
Demon God
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ulquiorra really did entertain us...
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:51   Link #73
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He wasn't successful in crushing his spirit, instilled more fear perhaps, but by no means did Ichi actually give up.
Yeah, his spirit wasn't crushed.... altho a cero obscuras through the chest is bound to do something to anyone's spirit..... right?

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-05-12 at 15:04.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:42   Link #74
Demon God
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
So, Mayuri is probably the weakest captain there is is the SS. If it had been, say Byakuya, he wouldn't have even hit him with that arrow.
Uryuu couldn't beat Ichigo in his bankai, let alone hollowfied. Ichigo, regularly hollowfied, is at a mid-level espada power.



Mayuri is not weak.....,but the Quincy Final Form is overpowering to all Captains.. Also Espadas.
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 16:47   Link #75
Randumo24
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: mayfield, ohio
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon God View Post
Mayuri is not weak.....,but the Quincy Final Form is overpowering to all Captains.. Also Espadas.
No, just no.

Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 16:54   Link #76
Nemu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 19
Yay, so much Ulquiorra in this episode. I really enjoyed it. I liked the scenes with Orihime as well. ^^

I knew this episode was going to be wonderful. ^^
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 16:56   Link #77
Demon God
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
@ Randumo24....! Wrong it's more like this-
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 16:59   Link #78
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Oh wow, Ichigo got brutally pierced.
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 17:03   Link #79
Demon God
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Oh wow, Ichigo got brutally pierced.



Well...,he can be quite Brainless sometimes. After all his Inner Holllow once told him that... He don't analyze the situation very well.
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 17:07   Link #80
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Yeah, his spirit wasn't crushed.... altho a cero obscuras through the chest is bound to do something to anyone's spirit..... right?
Yea

1) Die
2) Shounen hax

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
haha, and here I thought that all people can see in her is the kurosaki-kun spamming to me the whole ichi-ulqi situation would be pointless and without any sort of drama without her, I wouldn't even be able to care about Ichigo's execution, she's my absolute highlight in this part of the arc and I can't wait for the next episode(fingers crossed for no censoring)
Well they've shown hollows with their chest holes, don't see why they can't show a human body with one (though count on lack of blood).
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.