AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Resharing Requests

Notices

Old 2004-03-14, 17:07   Link #1
crazeydragon

psychic academy & kanon

hi ^^ i am new to downloading anime and psychic academy and kanon are two i really want to watch. is it possible anyone can share the first episodes out? i would appriciate it, thanks!!

CJ
crazeyjinkins@hotmail.com
crazeydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 17:24   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeydragon
hi ^^ i am new to downloading anime and psychic academy and kanon are two i really want to watch. is it possible anyone can share the first episodes out? i would appriciate it, thanks!!
Both these torrents currently have a number of seeds, so asking for more may not help you much (or more likely people won't help since there are seeds already).

Looking at your previous post, the problem may not be due to others not sharing the episodes. Have a read of the stickies in the Download Help forum. You may be behind a firewall, etc., etc. Also, you are trying to download batch torrents (i.e. multiple episodes in one torrent), so they will take some time (it depends on your connection speed along with a number of other factors). You do need to leave the torrents run for a while (5-10 minutes) as they sometimes start slow and build up speed.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 17:29   Link #3
crazeydragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Both these torrents currently have a number of seeds, so asking for more may not help you much (or more likely people won't help since there are seeds already).

Looking at your previous post, the problem may not be due to others not sharing the episodes. Have a read of the stickies in the Download Help forum. You may be behind a firewall, etc., etc. Also, you are trying to download batch torrents (i.e. multiple episodes in one torrent), so they will take some time (it depends on your connection speed along with a number of other factors). You do need to leave the torrents run for a while (5-10 minutes) as they sometimes start slow and build up speed.

ah, okay makes lots of sense, thank you very much for the reply and help ^^
crazeydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 17:43   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It might be an idea for you to try a 'new' torrent to check that your download is OK to start with. I would suggest you try one of the torrents on the AnimeSuki front page. Choose a torrent with a large number of seeds (ul) and about 12-24 hours old (I find these generally give the best results), Gokusen 8 for example.

If you have a typical ADSL connection (download of 50KBytes/sec), it would take an hour to download a typical 180Mb episode.

The torrents you mention are old and sometimes they can be very slow to download, running at only a few Kb/s.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 01:26   Link #5
crazeydragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
It might be an idea for you to try a 'new' torrent to check that your download is OK to start with. I would suggest you try one of the torrents on the AnimeSuki front page. Choose a torrent with a large number of seeds (ul) and about 12-24 hours old (I find these generally give the best results), Gokusen 8 for example.

If you have a typical ADSL connection (download of 50KBytes/sec), it would take an hour to download a typical 180Mb episode.

The torrents you mention are old and sometimes they can be very slow to download, running at only a few Kb/s.

thanks for the help xris ^^ i finally have psychic academy 1-8 dl ^^