AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 06:33   Link #41
Wolley

Oh MAN I LOVEEEE Dubstep!!!!
Here are some MUST listen tracks that I would swear by!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCcaizeVwho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtigwUu8Ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNAVns_7S0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=023fBXEu7JM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jhnxgJOrnM

Wolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 10:14   Link #42
Taufiq91

This is pre-Dubstep stuff yo!

Old 2010-11-17, 14:22   Link #43
Gin
*Artist

Check out the new El Diablo track. http://soundcloud.com/eldiablosf/hel...r-feat-prizm-1

My friends are playing a show with him on Jan 14.
Old 2010-11-21, 23:08   Link #44
Taufiq91

Cool, i love some El Diablo stuff.

Check this mix i made which is a mixture of Dubstep remixes of Top 40 songs and Future Garage music:

http://www.mixcloud.com/mohdtaufiq/c...re-garage-mix/

Tracklist:
Paramore - Crushcrushcrush (Slof Man Dubstep Remix)
Goldie - Timeless (Sbtrkt Remix)
Far East Movement - Like A G6 (Mutants Dubstep Remix)
Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Maybe D Dubstep Remix)
Ke$Ha - Tik Tok (Chrispy Remix)
Usher Ft Will.I.Am - Omg (Prime Dubstep Remix)
Katy Perry - Firework (Callum Bailey & Reality Check Dubstep Remix)
Childish Gambino - Spring(Taufiq's Dubstep Remix)
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Jakwob Remix)
Glee Cast - I Dreamed A Dream
La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Remix)
Magnetic Man Feat. Katy B - Perfect Stranger
Pendulum - Set Me On Fire
Fbom - Each Day
Skream - Midnight Request Line
Dfrnt - Surface
Moonchild - The Glass Lake
Roof Light - Kamino
Goldie - Believe (Mj Cole Vocal Remix)
Furesshu - The Leopard
Joy Orbison - Brkln Clln
Foals - Total Life Forever
Old 2010-11-30, 20:23   Link #45
Gin
*Artist

Quote:

Vital SC Presents: Wobbleland 2011 ft. Nero, Skrillex, 12th Planet + more!

Dancing by the lovely Vital Girls! http://facebook.com/VitalGirls

-----------------------------------------------------
FEATURING:

Nero (London, MTA)

??? - Huge mystery headliner to be announced!

Skrillex (Los Angeles, mau5trap, Atlantic Records)

12th Planet (Los Angeles, Smog)

??? - Another mystery DJ to be announced!

Kastle (Pittsburgh)

Luke Nukem (Vital SC)

Minnesota (Vital SC, MalLabel, GruntWorthy)

Getter (Vital SC, MalLabel, Ultragore)

Filthy Beaver (Vital SC, Libra Rising, Skills)
A full Dubstep set by John Beaver!

Skriptah (Vital SC, Mass Execu7ion) vs. Rate P (Vital SC)

Kryph (Vital SC)

In January 2010, we threw a rave called Alice in Wobbleland, one of the most defining events in our company's history. An event that laid the framework for all the future success of Vital SC. Due to the overwhelming support following the original Wobbleland, we became inspired, driven... we knew that for better or worse, this was our dream: to share the music we love with as many people as possible. One year later, we've gone from showcasing only local talent, to bringing in some of the biggest DJs in the world. Wobbleland 2011 marks the anniversary of when Vital SC became truly became Vital SC. Come join us in celebrating with our biggest event to date. Here's to 2011.

Brought to you in part by: FM Events
Covered by: The Filth: http://thefilth.us/blog/
http://thefilth.us/blog/2010/11/17/s...nero-skrillex/

Ages 18+

Questions? Contact us at contact@vitalsc.com.
Woo hoo! Skrillex! I can't wait for this show, its going to wobble so much ass! So stoked to see Skrillex finally, and then there's also a bunch of the Mal Label crew playing. Plus I heard that NastyNasty is one of the secret headliners!!!

http://soundcloud.com/minnesota/dune-1

womp womp womp
Old 2010-12-01, 00:33   Link #46
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Woo hoo! Skrillex! I can't wait for this show, its going to wobble so much ass! So stoked to see Skrillex finally, and then there's also a bunch of the Mal Label crew playing. Plus I heard that NastyNasty is one of the secret headliners!!!

http://soundcloud.com/minnesota/dune-1

womp womp womp
Nah, nero is where it's all at.

Nero puts a great performance for his sets. you should go for Nero. Skrillex is fun, but Nero takes the cake and balances between UK underground raving with an anthemic performance.
Old 2010-12-01, 12:49   Link #47
JRendell
Manga Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Skrillex doesn't work for me in my opinion. I need something heavier;

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-

JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:29   Link #48
Gin
*Artist

Skrillex's remix of In for the Kill is so many thousands of times better than Skream's nbd, js.
Old 2010-12-01, 18:22   Link #49
Taufiq91

Quote:
Skrillex's remix of In for the Kill is so many thousands of times better than Skream's nbd, js.
Nah, Skrillex's remix is too pop-ish for me.

As much as i enjoy Skrillex's remix, I prefer the Skream remix more because it feels like a different song. It's dark, melodic and the adding of Breakbeat at the end makes it feel like like Goldie's Timeless. And also, most of Skream's tracks seems to be based on the surroundings of London, which is very dark & grimy.

And speaking of Grime, here's a good Dubstep track by Plastician featuring Skepta:

Last edited by Taufiq91; 2010-12-02 at 20:29.
Taufiq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 23:14   Link #50
Taufiq91

Nero played a gig and when the bass drops in, here's how my friend reacts:

Old 2011-01-01, 07:51   Link #51
Taufiq91

If you want the best experience of a Dubstep rave, get a ticket to London and go to a club night called FWD . it was the home of the first Dubstep raves, and it's a Mecca for Dubstep heads.

Every Thursday, they have awesome Dubstep gigs.

Here's their current listing for the next 2 weeks:

My friend and fellow DJ Submerse will be playing for gigs on February at FWD.

http://www.ilovefwd.com/index.html
Old 2011-01-04, 17:45   Link #52
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Definitely don't have to waste time going to London, just to hear inferior music. If I was going anywhere, it would be Denver.

EDIT:
Oh, and my crew is putting on bi-weekly shows in Oakland now.

Check out Bleep Bloop's ep when it comes out in February on Prime Dub Records
Really? Denver has a good dubstep scene? Thats pretty close to where I am so that would be SWEET!
RandySyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:18   Link #53
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
Really? Denver has a good dubstep scene? Thats pretty close to where I am so that would be SWEET!
Yeah, Denver has a really decent Dubstep scene.

But the highlight of this year is the Austin scene. I'm going to check out SXSW 2011 at Austin, and i heard the Dubstep scene is growing thanks to last year's performance by Plastician and Rusko.

http://sxsw.com

PS: gin, that's just awful. You just disrespected the birthplace of Dubstep. How dare you!
Old 2011-01-06, 01:07   Link #54
Gin
*Artist

I'll respect London when it starts producing good music again. I don't have a problem with UK dubstep, I don't like it as much as the vastly superior American Dupstep, but I don't go out of my way to put UK 'steppers down, but all I ever hear from UK fanboys is whining about how much better their plain ass music is than American Dubstep. You guys fell off, your music isn't as good as ours, get over it and quit living in the past. You guys are being 313373575 about something that we are more 1337 at.

And yes, there is a huge dubstep scene in Denver right now, I would definitely rather go there than Austin. Texas is lame, its not as cool as Colorado (literally or figuratively) Plus Denver has Ben Samples
Old 2011-01-06, 01:40   Link #55
Taufiq91

Quote:
I'll respect London when it starts producing good music again. I don't have a problem with UK dubstep, I don't like it as much as the vastly superior American Dupstep, but I don't go out of my way to put UK 'steppers down, but all I ever hear from UK fanboys is whining about how much better their plain ass music is than American Dubstep. You guys fell off, your music isn't as good as ours, get over it and quit living in the past. You guys are being 313373575 about something that we are more 1337 at.

[/URL]

Well, Dubstep is a British invention. It's the pride of Great Britain next to Indian Curry and Italian-made Ascaris, and the British are really proud at what they've done.

You may not like it, but they have the right to feel proud and arrogant of Dubstep since it's their invention. And another reason why they diss American Dubstep is because they hate "filthy bass". They think of that filthy drop stuff as a shameful and lowest-common denominator-appealing music, just like how Japanese society looks down on Otakus.

They prefer the Grimey, sub-bass Dubstep with more emphasis on 2-step and jamaican Dub roots instead of too much wobble sounds. British Dubstep producers all came from the House/UK Garage, DnB & Grime scenes, unlike American dubstep producers who originated from the Heavy Metal, Hipster and Hip-Hop scenes.

And even if British Dubstep music is not as great as before, they've done lots of developments over there. The UK Funky House, Crack house and Future Garage are really great Dubstep sub-genres. I've covered the UK scene for years even when i'm not in Britain, and the amount of experimentation there is amazing.

For example, this MJ Cole remix of Shy FX's raver that mixes UK Funky with bass (check out the drop at 1:28):

My fellow DJ submerse create a K-On sampling Future Garage/UK Funky track:
http://soundcloud.com/submerse/one-for-you

So yeah, to each his own. I like American Dubstep, and i like British Dubstep. But you have to admit, the british Dubstep scene is experimenting alot.
Old 2011-01-06, 02:11   Link #56
Gin
*Artist

They certainly have a right to be proud of inventing dubstep, but they don't have a right to look down on American dubstep. They would have to be making better music to be able to look down on us. And lolololololololololololololololololololol at developments UK dubstep is stale as a whale. Everyone is experimenting, its not just in London, how do you think American dubstep came to be?
Old 2011-01-06, 02:22   Link #57
Taufiq91

Quote:
They certainly have a right to be proud of inventing dubstep, but they don't have a right to look down on American dubstep. They would have to be making better music to be able to look down on us. And lolololololololololololololololololololol at developments UK dubstep is stale as a whale. Everyone is experimenting, its not just in London, how do you think American dubstep came to be?
Dude, the british are also proud at the English Football (not soccer)team, and they suck every 4 years at the World Cup.

that says something about pride and nationalism, especially when pride also sucked.

And give me an American besides Flying Lotus who's doing better experimental music than Brits like MJ Cole, DJ Zinc, Ramadanman, Plastician, Elijah & Skilliam, Whistla, Submerse, Zed Bias, James Blake and the Chemical Brothers. Almost 70% of my experimental music playlist comes from Britain itself.
Old 2011-01-06, 02:38   Link #58
Gin
*Artist

Since when are we talking about experimental music? (And soccer?)I thought we were talking about experimentation in dubstep? Which is something Brits seem to have forgotten about. I could list practically any American dubstep producer, since they are actually doing new things and not just recycling the same old shit.

ps
telling me that most of your music comes from the uk is not a great way to get me to respect your opinions. There's nothing happening there that I'm even remotely impressed with.
Old 2011-01-06, 04:35   Link #59
Taufiq91

Quote:
I could list practically any American dubstep producer, since they are actually doing new things and not just recycling the same old shit.
Like i've said, give me an example.

Quote:

ps
telling me that most of your music comes from the uk is not a great way to get me to respect your opinions. There's nothing happening there that I'm even remotely impressed with.
I'm sorry, but i just heard that you're not impressed with anything that's coming out of Britain?

Are you even serious? I just listed MJ Cole, DJ Zinc, Ramadanman, Plastician, Elijah & Skilliam, Whistla, Submerse, Zed Bias, James Blake and the Chemical Brothers. And you're not impressed with any of them?

Even Warp Records is still bringing new experimental Dubstep artists into the world. Look at Four Tet and Hudson Mohawke for crying out loud!
Old 2011-01-12, 04:31   Link #60
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Love Dub Step! Gets some subs in your car, and get ready Jam!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubstep