AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-15, 05:41   Link #81
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud668 View Post
Am I the only one who's excited for yet another Key-created character named Saitou that's voiced by Midorikawa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
No, me too. Now if only they could bring Yukari Tamura...
Dunno about everyone else. But he's got one of the coolest voices in the anime universe. When you hear voices like his pop up in anime, the one thought that comes to mind is "Damn, he's a man's man. A badass!" And you're hearing this from a straight dude.

Badass voice actors

1. Keiji Fujiwara - He can go from being that caring, gentle father to a psychotic yet super masculine killer.

2. Midorikawa - Already mentioned. He'd be anime version of Clint Eastwood. Gets the mission accomplished no questions asked.

3. Toshihiko Seki (Iruka sensei from Naruto) - If there's any voice type that's ideal for projecting into a crowd while also getting the ladies' attention, it's his!

4. Toru Ohkawa (Roy Mustang in FMA Brotherhood) - Similar to #3. His voice is ideal for playing the role of the calm, cool guy

Note that these are just the badass voice styles. The number of goofy, awkward protagonist voice actors are countless.
Old 2010-05-15, 05:45   Link #82
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
The biggest gripe I have is the writers have no sense of which ones to leave as 'show' which ones to leave as 'tell'. While any writer worth his salt knows to 'show, not tell', I understand that in such a condensed airing time such as this, some corners needs to be cut and so some needs to just 'told'.

And they really messed up here, where they pretty much 'told' us that Naoki joined and 'shown' us how the SSS came to terms with Kanade, when it should've been the other way around!

I mean seriously, Kanada was already working together with them in the last episode, so we can understand that her being part of the group will be the next logical step. But Naoki? THAT needed some explaining as to why he did a complete 180 (for crying out loud, a lot of people already thought he disappeared!). It boggles the mind why the writers have shown that SSS are still wary of Kanade even though they worked together already, yet completely skipped over Naoki's joining altogether when his last interaction with the SSS was of complete confrontation!
yeah, no one seems pissed off at Naoki for what he did to them in the previous episode, unless they're really THAT casual of being brutally "murdered"....

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-15, 05:56   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Regarding Naoi in this episode, it's pretty much explained with how much he admires Otanoshi after the events that taken place at the end of last weeks episode, and that he wants to work alongside him. Sure him joining the gang and everyones reaction towards that idea wasn't shown, though it's pretty obvious how it would play out, so i don't see the reason for showing it.

It's different with Kanade, because we know the history between her and everyone goes back quite a bit, after so many battles the two have had.
Old 2010-05-15, 06:00   Link #84
farios

I'd laugh so hard if Yuri decides to call the new Tenshi:"Akuma" or "Datenshi"
Old 2010-05-15, 06:07   Link #85
tsunade666

someone said that it's due to her using the cloning move. When she cuts down that huge fish. When she use that move. A clone or a replication or maybe its after image but the point is that replication had a red eyes like that evil tenshi.
Old 2010-05-15, 06:35   Link #86
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I appreciate the fact that the excess drama that could have come out in Otonashi's back story but was very well controlled and suppressed. I guess it should be obvious that it was never meant to be for emotion but for revelation, to of course make the viewer understand his situation now that he finally remembers his past but not exactly to make you all weepy over him.

I still can't for the life of me understand completely why Naoi would join them. Besides the fact that he's practically Ho Yay for Otonashi, and that of course he no longer has any reason to be violent or to fight them, the transition is kind of jarring. I'm not too sure how we're supposed to fill the gap in this case.

Fishing trip was full of lol. What I got from that wasn't the comedy but seemingly Otonashi's intentions and relationship with Kanade. Given his past with his sister, I'm seeing similarities here with his sister. Perhaps he's starting to think the same of Kanade as with her sister, as a person who feels alone and isolated?

As for a Key heroine VA guesting here, I guess we still need... uh Tomoko Kawakami, Yui Horie, Keiko Suzuki and I forget who voices Rin in LB.
Old 2010-05-15, 06:51   Link #87
Farix

Finally got to watch the sub for episode 7. So it appears that Otonashi and Kanade are each others "ticket" out of this limbo. Though I wish Kanade shows a bit more personality towards Otonashi now. I guess it will take more time to thaw out the icequeen.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:00   Link #88
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
someone said that it's due to her using the cloning move. When she cuts down that huge fish. When she use that move. A clone or a replication or maybe its after image but the point is that replication had a red eyes like that evil tenshi.
Notice in the first three frames the clones eyes were still yellow, hence my theory that Kanade's new skill has a bug and it went haywire.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-05-15, 07:03   Link #89
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Recovering your memories is dangerous business. Knowing what regret you have from your past life just makes it easier to be disappeared. Considering how everyone else's stories seem to run, wouldn't ignorance be bliss? Just kick back and enjoy your heavily-armed Otonashi x Tenshi x Yuri x Naoi (x evil!Tenshi) school life.

I was a little disappointed by how simply Otonashi's backstory was cleared up. I thought his amnesia meant something, but nope, it was just a plot device to delay revealing his past (the usual "crap happened and I regret" sob story). And now it's over, moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't bring sick people outside during the Winter or they'll die?
The Christmas lights were so pretty... (・ω・`)
Old 2010-05-15, 07:08   Link #90
tsunade666

bug? then it's one of the "god" fault or maybe he doesn't care anymore or is their even one.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:09   Link #91
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Recovering your memories is dangerous business. Knowing what regret you have from your past life just makes it easier to be disappeared. Considering how everyone else's stories seem to run, wouldn't ignorance be bliss? Just kick back and enjoy your heavily-armed Otonashi x Tenshi x Yuri x Naoi (x evil!Tenshi) school life.

I was a little disappointed by how simply Otonashi's backstory was cleared up. I thought his amnesia meant something, but nope, it was just a plot device to delay revealing his past (the usual "crap happened and I regret" sob story). And now it's over, moving on...

The Christmas lights were so pretty... (・ω・`)
If he had his memories before then he might not have join the SSS and his personality would have been different.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:13   Link #92
Ushio the Omega

Am I the only one seeing Naoi as a pisstake of Naruto's Sasuke and Pain?
Old 2010-05-15, 07:30   Link #93
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
If he had his memories before then he might not have join the SSS and his personality would have been different.
I dunno about that. He realized how unfairly his life ended for him, wouldn't that give him a lot more motivation to fight against "God" like the rest of the SSS?
Old 2010-05-15, 07:37   Link #94
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I dunno about that. He realized how unfairly his life ended for him, wouldn't that give him a lot more motivation to fight against "God" like the rest of the SSS?
If he had his memories from the start, he would have reasons to hate God. Given how SSS recruits its members, and Kanade's initial reception, he would not be sympathetic of her (Kanade route would not be opened). Thus, Kanade would remain an enemy to the SSS's eyes forever.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:49   Link #95
farios

I just realized that Angel starts doubling when she thinks "I have to save them", maybe that's(Angel helping SSS)the trigger?
Old 2010-05-15, 08:05   Link #96
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
I'd laugh so hard if Yuri decides to call the new Tenshi:"Akuma" or "Datenshi"
No no, "Makai Tenshi" Jibril/Kanade xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:18   Link #97
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
ChopChopChop
TK really is awesome
THIS.

Anyway just because I'm confused: Is it for certain that red eyes black dragon Tenshi is the harmonize clone? I always assumed that they somehow combine again after harmonizing.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:24   Link #98
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When they were fishing for the large fish, I bet Kanade was thinking, "You guys are in my way" (displaying her MASSIVE strength when she pulled all the gang up into the air along with the fish.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:41   Link #99
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
THIS.

Anyway just because I'm confused: Is it for certain that red eyes black dragon Tenshi is the harmonize clone? I always assumed that they somehow combine again after harmonizing.
Well, it is the most logical conclusion based on what we see from this ep, and there isn't anything that points to evil Tenshi not being the Harmonics clone. What it seems like right now is that Kanade screwed up while developing Harmonics and it backfired on her here, as theorized in this post. We'll just have to see what happens next week I guess; I really have no idea where this show is heading anymore.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:42   Link #100
KariOhki

I'm leaning heavily in the "Moengel's skill bugged out" theory, considering the 0s and 1s and that it makes a duplicate. Maybe she pulled a Kami and split her evil half off.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
Closed Thread