AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 07:21   Link #81
Lumir

Well uber power up out of no where with no explanation or even a mystery included with it.

Unlike this fight at least when he was fighting Kenpachi, we got to see Zangetsu. And understand a bit more. I was hoping to see a Hichigo scene, and hear him say something like "its time for me to give you the power I spoke of before, but at a cost..." or something like that... Instead ichigo hears orihime, tells his lifeless body to move... and boom, transformed... WTB an explanation or more plot involving his transformation....

Maby he just needed that hole in the chest to become a complete hollow...
Old 2010-05-19, 08:39   Link #82
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Finally got to watch the episode, quite enjoyed it. I also noticed that there were scenes added to make it longer as well. I think some people need to realize that the fights in Bleach are indeed short... the reason why the manga takes 4 weeks to do a fight is because of Kubo's inability to utilize panels properly.

Anyway, some minor things. Inoue's panicked expressions, animation, and VA was great. Also her "Kurosaki-kun's" were indeed internal dialogue.

It's annoying that Ishida still had his hand but... meh. That was the only major censorship I've really took noticed.

Well anyway, Ichigo should consider himself lucky, if Inoue wasn't there, he'd be hollow worm food by now
Old 2010-05-19, 09:36   Link #83
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Finally got to watch the episode, quite enjoyed it. I also noticed that there were scenes added to make it longer as well. I think some people need to realize that the fights in Bleach are indeed short... the reason why the manga takes 4 weeks to do a fight is because of Kubo's inability to utilize panels properly.

Anyway, some minor things. Inoue's panicked expressions, animation, and VA was great. Also her "Kurosaki-kun's" were indeed internal dialogue.

It's annoying that Ishida still had his hand but... meh. That was the only major censorship I've really took noticed.

Well anyway, Ichigo should consider himself lucky, if Inoue wasn't there, he'd be hollow worm food by now
Couldn't wait either to see this part, was pretty awsome. Some censorship, but in the end it didnt really bother me.

Ichigo is still in that body, just far far away...this is his instinct. "I will protect you", thats all he said before he want banana's.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:53   Link #84
Forever
Revealing the truth

Most probably ichigo could fully use his hollow power becuz he might have actually died. Once crossed the line, he became an arrancar instead of a vizard...
Old 2010-05-19, 10:11   Link #85
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Most probably ichigo could fully use his hollow power becuz he might have actually died. Once crossed the line, he became an arrancar instead of a vizard...
Problem is , imo...Ichigo issn't really vaizard..neither arrancar. He's like an Hybrid haxxor, he's got a littlebit of everything. Though, Seeing Ichigo now in his new form, it does resemble the Vasto Lorde example that was beeing used a while ago, also with horns and a hole in the middle.

Meaning that Ichigo has gained VL status, doessn't mean he's actually 1 since he's human in the end.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:26   Link #86
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
In what way? It would have been just repetitive since he had just beat Grimm the only other way possible. Other than that, Ulq is really just asking for it. He had beaten Ichigo but he decided to blast a hole in him. He himself caused it. While he may not have foreseen a transformation, I think it's pretty stupid. To explain let me put it this way, your enemy is using hollow powers and Shinigami, let's put a hole right where hollows have them? Dumb, always aim for the head! (Like Hollowsaki did at the end of the ep )
Simple way. Ulquiorra was completly destroyed by someone who was kissing his feet seconds ago.

That's just stupid.

Far more stupid than all other lame Ichigo wins.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:04   Link #87
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Simple way. Ulquiorra was completly destroyed by someone who was kissing his feet seconds ago.

That's just stupid.

Far more stupid than all other lame Ichigo wins.
Well you have to look at it this way, If Inoue was not there... i think Ichigo was really beaten aka meatbag+hole , since she was the key to his resurrection.

And this new form imo, looks pretty awsome. Although it seems like ichigo is not really in controle.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:07   Link #88
oompa loompa

jeebus the powerup will be explained eventually I'm sure. I actually prefer this - I see no reason why a powerup should be preceeded by some speech about how much ichigo learnt or how much he sucked. I like this, I feel it adds a bit of a mystery element to Ichigo - this episode in particular ( and the corresponding chapter in the manga) were the biggest indicators that there is a lot more going behind the scenes than has been shown - that ichigo is actually something different than a human or shinigami or hollow - and theres a lot more to his victories than all the silly shit that goes on in his head usually. I feel like a lot of these scenes are overlooked -
1) at the start of the hueco mundo arc - why did ulquiorra say that aizen was 'interested' in ichigo?
2) how on earth did the vaizards know so much about ichigo?
3) this scene
4) Isshin? - his dad's a badass shinigami? come on
5) I've always felt that kisuke was hiding something, or a lot of these characters are hiding something about ichigo

besides, he wasn't really going to die was he ( Please refer to "Laws of Shounen" pg 23)? I really liked this episode, the last 2 episodes ( don't know about the game scenes etc..), been waiting for it for a long long time, and it didn't dissapoint in my opinion.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:09   Link #89
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I see a lot of people getting pissed off about Ulquiorra's arm getting thrown back, but I didn't see the need for it. I don't read the manga so I didn't know about it until I read the posts, and I liked the rock throw distraction just fine. Using the boulder to hide his movements seemed like a logical move. throwing an arm doesn't do much does it? Seems like the anime made a better move to me. And I guess Ishida was supposed to lose his hand? His arm looked mangled enough for me. The whole arm was useless. Although there, I bet losing the hand is a bit more dramatic. Even still though, we've seen Orihime return an entire arm before, Ishida's lost hand would have been repaired anyway. Seems like the anime saved a bit of time there too. I really liked the episode, but I was hoping that Ichigo wouldn't go so far hollow. I just don't like him relying so much on a dark power I guess.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:34   Link #90
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Well you have to look at it this way, If Inoue was not there... i think Ichigo was really beaten aka meatbag+hole , since she was the key to his resurrection.

And this new form imo, looks pretty awsome. Although it seems like ichigo is not really in controle.
That's the point, someone needs to shut Orihime up.

And Kubo decided to cover the whole lameness of the fight by pretty pictures.

Well it wasn't the most horrible fight in Bleach... so I guess I can still survive it. Ichigo is a main character after all and animation did look good. I liked the colours.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:52   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuorsaki007 View Post
1) Doesn't Ulq have Grand Ray Cero? If yes why didnt he use it? ( Grand Ray Cero > Black Cero? )
It was never said that the Gran Ray Cero is more powerful than Oscuras. And looking at how badly masked Ichigo got owned by it, I'd say it's easily more powerful.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:55   Link #92
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's the point, someone needs to shut Orihime up.

And Kubo decided to cover the whole lameness of the fight by pretty pictures.

Well it wasn't the most horrible fight in Bleach... so I guess I can still survive it. Ichigo is a main character after all and animation did look good. I liked the colours.
Well, i do agree that the amount of "kurosaki kun" beeing said, is a bit over the edge

The fight itself was pretty good yeah, eventhough it was cencored.

Can't wait till next week!
Old 2010-05-19, 11:59   Link #93
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I get a hole blasted in my chest. Now I become some super hollow/human/shinigami monster. Sigh.

I find it stupid how ridiculously powerful Ichigo became compared to Ulq when masked Ichigo could not even touch the first release of Ulq, let alone the second release.

Sigh. I want good guys to die for once. Why couldn't Ulq have just shot his cero at Orihime and make that bitch shut up. Very painful 3-4 minutes to watch.

Great, now we are probably going to see mr.tree halllow fight Chad Renji and Rukia.

Sigh.... Bleach at its best...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:00   Link #94
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

sweeeeet. now all i need is a bottle of good whiskey and i got my drinking game episode ^_^
Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:07   Link #95
kitten320

That's Bleach for you. Good guys are immortal while bad guys are falling dead like rain.

Bleach is a typical fairy tale but with more violence.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:09   Link #96
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It was never said that the Gran Ray Cero is more powerful than Oscuras.
It is forbidden to use within the dome, while cero oscuras isn't. From that much I assume it is indeed more powerful. Remember that it was GJ shooting it, not Ulq - huge difference in power.
Quote:
I find it stupid how ridiculously powerful Ichigo became compared to Ulq when masked Ichigo could not even touch the first release of Ulq, let alone the second release.
Why is it SO absurd? The first time Ichigo donned a mask, he overpowered a final form bankai with ease, that's a big step away from newbie captain. Going from vizard to another level of existence also breaks the vizard wall, wherever it may have been, meaning that the current Ichigo is probably stronger than every vizard around.
What bothers me is, why didn't Ogichi appear the two times that Ichigo has perished? Strong willpower is fine and all, but the man was dead...
Old 2010-05-19, 12:12   Link #97
kitten320

Somehow all that happens only with Ichigo and no one else.

That's the main problem of whole transformation and fight. Kubo gave completly no explanation to it.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:16   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well if Ishida lost his hand it would make a lot more sense than what happened in the anime. Sure it's been a couple hundred episodes, but did Ishida forget his puppet technique? In theory he should have been able to mirror the effort against Mayuri and keep on shooting. What seems like breaking his arm shouldn't have made a big difference besides hurting.

Not sure about this random power-up. Of course it is beating up Ulq which is a good thing for now. A pretty brutal fight considering he seems to be going full hollow.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:18   Link #99
Langus
Optimus Prime

And where's Zangetsu in all of this? Nowhere to be found... (Yes, yes, I realize they are one in the same)

I'm not sure if this means that they are no longer important to Ichigo's development (ie. he's learned all he needs to know from them now that he's comfortable with his mask and bankai) or Kubo just sort of forgot about them. Either way they should make an appearance soon. They usually do a pretty good job of explaining all the random shit Kubo throws our way.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:20   Link #100
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ulqurra did say not even Aizen has seen him in this form. so who knows the diffrence between their power.
Still a HUGE difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

We still have to hear it, even if it's internal.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote