AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 23:17   Link #1
Kudryavka

Hide Specific Signatures

How can I hide certain users' signatures? I'm trying the option in User CP, but it keeps telling me that I'm using the wrong format. It's just one user ID, so am I doing something wrong?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:40   Link #2
seven|x_x
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノ​ヽノ \ / \

adblock plus
seven|x_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:54   Link #3
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven|x_x View Post
adblock plus
But that blocks whole domains.

In that case, I'd be better off blocking the whole user, but I don't want to have to go that far. It's not the user who's annoying, it's her/his signature.

No wait, I'll take a better look when i get time...
Old 2010-05-19, 02:23   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmm, I'd entirely forgotten we'd discussed that problem a few years ago and came up with that fix.... yeah, there's a few sigs I'd like to nix because they're annoying or "iffy for work/public display".

There is/was a way to select specific member sigs for blocking... but seven's use of Adblock Plus would also do it (you have to select the specific URL, not just the domain. As I recall Adblock has that finetune ability but I'll doublecheck tomorrow while I'm lookiing for the forum customization).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 06:57   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In Firefox, you can right-click on the image and choose "AdBlock Plus: Block Image." The default option is usually to block the directory in which the image is stored, but you can select the specific image URL as well.

Right-clicking your signature image and choosing AdBlock brings up the default option of http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/lovepocky212/ but also offers http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/u...12/YURIPPE.jpg.
Old 2010-05-19, 16:00   Link #6
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Excellent thanks, It was really getting annoying seeing some of those loli/moe sigs around here
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 19:57   Link #7
Kudryavka

Alright, I got it working with Adblock. Thanks, guys. No offense to the offender, but your signature just hit a certain Disturbance note in me.

Again, thanks.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:53   Link #8
seven|x_x
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノ​ヽノ \ / \

hehehe, soon you'll be blocking anything that annoys you... certain smileys, an avatar, banners... the possibilities are endless xD
seven|x_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:55   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The cross-browser persistent solution is...

Options > Thread Options > Hide Signatures
Old 2010-05-20, 09:02   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The OP was asking how to remove specific signatures, not turn them all off.
Old 2010-05-20, 15:47   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That does not turn all of them off only the ones you specify.
Old 2010-05-20, 16:05   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
How can I hide certain users' signatures? I'm trying the option in User CP, but it keeps telling me that I'm using the wrong format. It's just one user ID, so am I doing something wrong?
Just to make it clear.

User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > [beta] Hide Signatures
Don't want to see a user's signature? Add them to this comma separated list of user IDs. The field MUST not have any spaces between the IDs and commas. e.g. 1,2,3,4,5
Could you provide with the exact text you are typing into the box.

For example, if you wished to hide felix's sigs then first you need to find his user ID number. You can find this easy enough by looking at the users profile. The URL will contain the ID number, so in this case it would be 32887. You enter this number (32887) in the box, nothing else, just this number.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 19:09   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

To add more simply type in a comma after the last and add the ID. So if say another person for which you wish to hide the signature had the ID 12345 you would have: 32887,12345

The advantage to using this method as opposed to using ad-block is that its persistent. Meaning if you format your computer, switch browser or simply login from another computer somewhere else those signatures are still hidden when you view the forum.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:15   Link #14
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Just to make it clear.

User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > [beta] Hide Signatures
Don't want to see a user's signature? Add them to this comma separated list of user IDs. The field MUST not have any spaces between the IDs and commas. e.g. 1,2,3,4,5
Could you provide with the exact text you are typing into the box.

For example, if you wished to hide felix's sigs then first you need to find his user ID number. You can find this easy enough by looking at the users profile. The URL will contain the ID number, so in this case it would be 32887. You enter this number (32887) in the box, nothing else, just this number.
I'd prefer not to publically reveal who possesses the offending signature, just so no one gets butthurt or sheds tears or anything. I got it working your way too. At first I was typing in the user's name, not her/his ID #. Thanks to everyone, now I have two methods under my belt.