AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-24, 05:11   Link #81
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Boa can have any guy she wants but she still wants goofy as hell Luffy She fell for his actual PERSONALITY! She almost passes out when Luffy does or says something heroic or selfless. So... yeah... not really lust.

He's not the strongest man in the world. He's kind of goofy looking. He has bad manners. He eats like a pig. Boa has been involved with Luffy during the most difficult span of his life. It's kind of odd that none of Luffy's regular crew was involved in this very personal event. This traumatic event was shared with former enemies turned close friends like Bon Kurei, Buggy, and Mister 3. Boa was very instrumental in the whole arc.


I think Sabo will fill the niche of a Protoman or Kururugi Suzaku. I think we'll see him as an adult and a member of the world government.

I can easily see him as an emo bishounen Gorousei agent with remarkable fighting powers. A former friend turned rival to become an ally again.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-05-24 at 05:30.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 08:21   Link #82
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
I don’t think Sabo is dead. Seen it this way, the lost of Ace was of big impact to Luffy, and the author never gave clue Luffy have had such tragic event before the marinford incident, and based on what Oda is telling us here, Sabo is as close to Luffy as Ace was. So the flashback seems to be done to bring Sabo back to present storyline.

But, with what happened now, if Sabo is still alive, then he is aware of the current situation and should be on his way to look for Luffy.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:08   Link #83
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
So does anyone have any theories as to why Luffy doesn't consider Sabo his brother any more?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:31   Link #84
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
He never said he didn't consider him a brother, but Sabo might be dead. We still have more flashback to go, it seems.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:51   Link #85
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What does this mean?*

Uhh..maybe shes actually IN LOVE with the guy?

Are you serious?**
@paradox13: *Jinbei probably saw how cruel Boa Hancock is despite faced with cruelty herself.
**She's in love for the wrong reason. Other than that, I would have to be serious if there are connections being involved such as love sickness as a side effect of a devil fruit with love-based powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Boa's powers affect anyone that has uncontrollable lust for her. Species, size, shape, colour, creed, etc, nothing else seems to matter besides the feeling of lust and the inability to control said lust.
@james0246: I bet Jinbei has been able to control his lust. Besides that, Boa Hancock only used Haki (instead of her own powers) against Smoker at Marineford. Yet come to think of it, the only Devil Fruit user to be influenced by her powers (so far) was Magellan the warden of Impel Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
1. Doubt it. That would be about the most gimped power ever, even if thus far it is internally consistent. She never tried with Law, and people have shown the ability to remain composed even if they are attracted to her.

2. They haven't even spoken as far as I know, that'd be rather weird.

3. Not internally consistent. It's endemic of Amazon Lily as a whole, not Hancock herself, as indicated by Nyon.
@morbofist:

1. You may be right, but we'll have to see.

2. They may have spoken off the scenes before their introductions. Wether or not Jnibei mentioned to Boa Hancock that he is a descendant of Fisher Tiger (the fishman who freed her and her sisters) depends on how long they've known each other especially as Shichibukai.

3. But Boa Hancock is not an original native to Amazon Lily, is she? And I bet her sisters became a part of Amazon Lily because of their Snake model Devil Fruits. In fact none of the natives of Amazon Lily even know what devil fruits are (perhaps not even elder Nyon).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:58   Link #86
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He never said he didn't consider him a brother, but Sabo might be dead. We still have more flashback to go, it seems.
He did state that Ace was his one and only brother, so I don't think he considers Sabo his brother any longer. And I believe that Sabo is indeed dead, thats the most likely answer, but its hard to say considering Oda's propensity to spring up surprises. =/
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 00:25   Link #87
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Boa can have any guy she wants but she still wants goofy as hell Luffy She fell for his actual PERSONALITY! She almost passes out when Luffy does or says something heroic or selfless. So... yeah... not really lust.

He's not the strongest man in the world. He's kind of goofy looking. He has bad manners. He eats like a pig. Boa has been involved with Luffy during the most difficult span of his life. It's kind of odd that none of Luffy's regular crew was involved in this very personal event. This traumatic event was shared with former enemies turned close friends like Bon Kurei, Buggy, and Mister 3. Boa was very instrumental in the whole arc.


I think Sabo will fill the niche of a Protoman or Kururugi Suzaku. I think we'll see him as an adult and a member of the world government.

I can easily see him as an emo bishounen Gorousei agent with remarkable fighting powers. A former friend turned rival to become an ally again.
maybe she just want's him for the offspring. You forgot that luffy has this major genes advantage. His ancesters that we know off are all great and powerful people (Garp, dragon) + maybe his ability attract friends and allies will be inherited

For those saying Sabo is dead because Luffy said Ace is his only brother in the world, it's likely you are wrong. You don't write off your other brother and take it that he doesn't exist ("only brother in the world", not my only living brother) just because his is dead. It's more likely he got expelled of expelled himself from brotherhood, assuming there was really a brotherhood and not just a manner of calling between friends
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 00:31   Link #88
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
2. They may have spoken off the scenes before their introductions. Wether or not Jnibei mentioned to Boa Hancock that he is a descendant of Fisher Tiger (the fishman who freed her and her sisters) depends on how long they've known each other especially as Shichibukai.
Uh, where'd you get this from? Jinbei is not descended from Fisher Tiger (that we know of). He's captain of the Sunny Pirates, a very big difference. This idea has no basis in reality, I'm sorry to say. If she were taking his advice, she wouldn't be half the jerkass she is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
3. But Boa Hancock is not an original native to Amazon Lily, is she? And I bet her sisters became a part of Amazon Lily because of their Snake model Devil Fruits. In fact none of the natives of Amazon Lily even know what devil fruits are (perhaps not even elder Nyon).
Completely misinformed. They are natives. It's fairly explicit that Nyon took them back, not that she made them citizens. Second, Nyon clearly does know about Devil Fruits, because she knows Hancock's fake background is bull. Incidentally you still failed to address the original point, which is that the love sickness has been a problem of all the rulers, even Nyon herself. Even if we were to assume you were right, you haven't countered my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
He did state that Ace was his one and only brother, so I don't think he considers Sabo his brother any longer. And I believe that Sabo is indeed dead, thats the most likely answer, but its hard to say considering Oda's propensity to spring up surprises. =/
At the very least, Sabo's position might have taken them so far apart, relatively speaking, that they can't really be considered brothers anymore. Hard to tell. I still say death is the most likely, but Oda might indeed pull a fast one and reveal some other reason to forsake that bond.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 01:31   Link #89
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
At the very least, Sabo's position might have taken them so far apart, relatively speaking, that they can't really be considered brothers anymore. Hard to tell. I still say death is the most likely, but Oda might indeed pull a fast one and reveal some other reason to forsake that bond.
Knowing Luffy's personality though, I don't think he'd ever let someone he was close to go, especially a brother.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 02:17   Link #90
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm betting on Sabo dying
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 02:27   Link #91
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
@paradox13: *Jinbei probably saw how cruel Boa Hancock is despite faced with cruelty herself.
**She's in love for the wrong reason. Other than that, I would have to be serious if there are connections being involved such as love sickness as a side effect of a devil fruit with love-based powers.

@james0246: I bet Jinbei has been able to control his lust. Besides that, Boa Hancock only used Haki (instead of her own powers) against Smoker at Marineford. Yet come to think of it, the only Devil Fruit user to be influenced by her powers (so far) was Magellan the warden of Impel Down.

@morbofist:

1. You may be right, but we'll have to see.

2. They may have spoken off the scenes before their introductions. Wether or not Jnibei mentioned to Boa Hancock that he is a descendant of Fisher Tiger (the fishman who freed her and her sisters) depends on how long they've known each other especially as Shichibukai.

3. But Boa Hancock is not an original native to Amazon Lily, is she? And I bet her sisters became a part of Amazon Lily because of their Snake model Devil Fruits. In fact none of the natives of Amazon Lily even know what devil fruits are (perhaps not even elder Nyon).
Boa didn't fall in love with Luffy over the wrong reasons. She fell for him for all of the right ones. She's a traumatized girl. She was enslaved by nobles and saw many atrocities and was victim of many, too.

She has come across men and has come to hate them for personal reasons. The only man she every admired was an honorable outlaw fishman who freed her sisters and tons of other slaves.

Luffy comes along and shares many of his traits. She doesn't fall for him for his status, fame, wealth, or looks. He's not the most powerful guy in the ocean. He's not the best looking. He's not the wealthiest. She owes him nothing. He owes her nothing. He hasn't rescued her from anything. Unlike other girls he's met, she has come to rescue him instead and even helped him when she didn't have to. She's probably a stronger fighter than he is at this point.

Oda wrote Luffy a girl that likes him solely for his personality.

Boa is a native Amazon. In both the anime and manga, flashbacks place her on Amazon Lily as a child.

Boa is not cruel. she's mean. She's a misanthrope and cynical. She thinks she has to be jerk to keep herself and her people safe from evil.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 03:09   Link #92
Jaieni
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Physics Lab
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
He did state that Ace was his one and only brother, so I don't think he considers Sabo his brother any longer. And I believe that Sabo is indeed dead, thats the most likely answer, but its hard to say considering Oda's propensity to spring up surprises. =/
What chapter/page does he say Ace was his one and only brother?

I remember him just saying that Ace is his older brother but never mentioning if he had any other siblings (older/younger/brother/sister) or not.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 04:58   Link #93
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13


Here.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 08:47   Link #94
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Here.
What Chapter was that?
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 08:53   Link #95
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^The Chapter where Luffy is bleeding whilst yelling at someone...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:55   Link #96
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
i think there is a possible reason why luffy dun consider sabo as a brother if sabo is currently still alive. sabo may have done something tt appear to be like a betrayal to luffy and thus breaking the brotherly bond between them. this maybe also the sabo incident tt ace is talking abt.
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:46   Link #97
Jaieni
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Physics Lab
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post


Here.
Since the source is in Japanese and we're reading fansubs, you wouldn't happen to have the original panel of that scene? It may have been translated a little off to go with the flow of context the translator may have visualized.

I'm picky on these little details because Oda is very precise in his work about these kinds of things.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:58   Link #98
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
i think there is a possible reason why luffy dun consider sabo as a brother if sabo is currently still alive. sabo may have done something tt appear to be like a betrayal to luffy and thus breaking the brotherly bond between them. this maybe also the sabo incident tt ace is talking abt.
I don't think Luffy could ever abandon somebody like that...his crewmates and especially not someone he once considered a brother, no matter what the betrayal.

Quote:
I'm picky on these little details because Oda is very precise in his work about these kinds of things.
Yeah, I know, I'll try find it for you, but no guarantees. I think its probably a pretty accurate translation tho, there aren't many ways to translate 'only'.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:39   Link #99
Jaieni
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Physics Lab
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I don't think Luffy could ever abandon somebody like that...his crewmates and especially not someone he once considered a brother, no matter what the betrayal.



Yeah, I know, I'll try find it for you, but no guarantees. I think its probably a pretty accurate translation tho, there aren't many ways to translate 'only'.
It might have said something like "Ace is my brother, there's only one of him!" Which would instead mean, there's only one Ace and that he's Luffy's brother.

It just seems out of character for him to not acknowledge Sabo if he's his brother; even if Sabo did die. And the way Ace talked about him before he died, it didn't seem like Sabo betrayed the brothers.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 13:57   Link #100
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
if Sabo died then Ace is the only brother by default ...
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.