AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 18:09   Link #1981
Ketro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Was really tempted to use it myself~

I loved this scene. I hope someone will vector that lovely shot.
Thanks! Claiming isn't Sora just the cutest
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:21   Link #1982
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I decided to go through the game CG and realized that the class pres wasn't even a "choice"... i was wondering why they didn't make an arc for her
Old 2010-12-21, 18:29   Link #1983
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I decided to go through the game CG and realized that the class pres wasn't even a "choice"... i was wondering why they didn't make an arc for her
Her route is in the fandisk Haruka na Sora (check the CGs for that game instead ) as well as Yahiro's route.
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:39   Link #1984
calib

After rewatching the series and playing the VN.. I have came to 2 conclusions for the ending..

Some below are gathered from other users, so I don't take credits for everything.

Reasons why they lived:
According to VN, Sora saved Haru.. they went to Europe for vacation, sent a text to Kazura.
According to VN, Sora can swim.
Akira noticed someone was outside her house.. and when she was shown in the anime, it was the same scene as Akira's arc, and this day she just performed the ritual dance.
The bunny might be very popular and can be bought elsewhere.
According to Omake ED, Nao might have found them and saved them, and she does seem like one who would leave them alone after making sure they are fine.
According to the anime OP, Sora and Haru were in water (where they were drowning) but a sudden light from above brought them upwards, this might be of the goddess (Sayuri Hime) of the lake which saved them.
Since they planned on leaving, they wouldn't bother fixing up the broken rooms, making the bed and such.
Kazura was the only person with a cell phone, besides the twins and her dad, that's why she got the text. Nao only talks through local phone.
I personally believe that this anime is made for a happy ending, just my thought though. We just might be over thinking too much

Reasons why they died:
When Sora and Haru were running into the lake, Sora clearly showed signs of drowning before Haru got to her, and Haru definitely thought maybe it was a good idea for them to die together.
In the VN, Haru and Sora had the same idea when they were drowning (to die together)
In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone. Death is their only solitude, if they want to be together forever with an incest relationship. To a place where nobody else can get between them, to somewhere they can be least alone.
Nobody would be able to find Sora and Haru if they drowned into the lake, there was no way for anyone to tell someone drowned in the lake by looking from outside the lake.
The dead trees below the lake resembles death.
After the drowning scene, when Haru wakes up, he saw the Milky Way, it represents road to heaven in some myth. (But again, there was also a Milky Way when Haru and Nao were looking for Sora)
The broken doll is the biggest evidence they died, since the doll in the train scene is completely perfect, and that the doll is Sora's mom memento, it would lose its meaning if they just get a new one.
All the characters looked somewhat unhappy after the incident, as if they knew about something Prez didn't know about.. especially Akira, if the characters goes the way they did in the other arcs, she is most likely the one who created the mail, to prevent others from being unhappy. (She would be like in her own Arc, trying to prevent others from being unhappy and being all lonely herself.. etc)
Also, since Prez is the one who led to all this.. and despite her personality, others might keep this truth from Prez to prevent her from doing anything reckless..
The train scene is a metaphor of road to heaven.. there was nobody on the train (and again there was nobody on the train when they came), no person announcing stations, and Sora was wearing a white ribbon which she never had before.. Also the scene outside changed from dark to bright all of a sudden, as if Earth reached heaven.
Remember Haru received a text from Sora? and Haru had the phone with him when he was looking for Sora, which means they both ran into the lake with their phones, thus they cannot send text to Kazura unless they buy another one, but the village is not a modern city and doesn't have cell phones, I doubt they had time to buy a new one before reaching their destination..
The text Kazura received had no date on it.
In the Anime, Haru clearly stated they had no money left.. how would they be able to travel? And Sora clearly will not accept that they get separated.
Sora never answered when Haru asked if they are alive.

Feel free to add more
calib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:53   Link #1985
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, my first impression was happy end, so even if I can feel both ends now, I do have the happy one to fall back on. I think the anime has two endings: one dead one as they sink into the weeds/trees; and everything after that is the living one.
That's a beautifully succinct way of putting it, and I am forced to agree with you wholeheartedly. The death of their fear and lonesomeness is the birth of their true happiness and acceptance of each other.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:09   Link #1986
Arya

Nice ending. As foreseen this is the best arc.

Talking about the dual dead/alive ending what looks strange is, talking about the lake scene, the platform were sora and haru lie down. If you look at the torii it stands out of the water less after the drowning than before. Before the drowning there was no platform ... As the tide was turned. (I know lakes don't have tides, but anime usually don't follow closely the laws of physic ). If we accept the tide theory the torii could be not the same. And the lake saves the twins.
From the other hand, if they are really dead and someone knows about it, the phone message'd be the evidence, it'd look more strange that she kept it for herself hiding any evidence of it. Why would she do something like that? I couldn't find any good reason.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:24   Link #1987
taichi-kun

Great post calib

I didn't understand haruka's scene... haruka went to her house but he didn't call her..

She noticed someone was there.. but I'm sure she didn't save them in the lake.Because they were alone,haruka wasn't there.

So why did they make that scene?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:44   Link #1988
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Lots of people bashed this show right now because lack of bloodbath, unlike School Days. Instead they are served with "nice train" that actually really nice.

By the way I also expecting bad reviews from Nihon Reviews, considered on how they discussed it in their forums. No offense intended to all Nihon Reviews members out there.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:50   Link #1989
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, my first impression was happy end, so even if I can feel both ends now, I do have the happy one to fall back on. I think the anime has two endings: one dead one as they sink into the weeds/trees; and everything after that is the living one.
I totally agree, and, if you don't mind, I'll make this opinion mine.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:59   Link #1990
type-R!

I like this ending, I can't really compain about it, the only thing might be that the scene in the lake is the most dramatic moment in the visual novel, but in the anime it was shortened a lot which somehow reduced the drama and impact that it has in the novel.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:42   Link #1991
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

its seems it left me behind strange in the ending...
i cannot say i'm happy or sad for the twins, since it has 2 endings which is they dead and alive...
from OP theme, Omake ED theme, and the episode 12 have all connections...

episode 12 title :"To the Distant Sky"
"Haruka na Sora e"
(ハルカナソラヘ)

my explanation to this title:
- Distant sky which is refers to Heaven, where Haruka and Sora goes there after they died in the lake. its obviously seen on the "nice train" scene, where the only place outside the train was the sky.

anyone can spot the difference of the nice train in episode 1 and 12?

EDIT: watch the 2nd half at 7:10-7:14, look at the left side at the windows, i saw some gravels there! :

HALA MADRID!

Last edited by Essa Maneira; 2010-12-21 at 20:57.
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 21:03   Link #1992
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, whether we believe that twincest is right or wrong, in anime world, it doesn't stop you from going to heaven, if they died that is. Also, for the iinchou girl, she was all like, IT'S WRONG! SIBLING LOVE LIKE THAT IS WRONG! when you know you wanna tell her, yeah right Iinchou you're just pissed that the series didn't give you a story with Haruka where he'd eventually plant you too with his bishonen stick. The series as a whole, I enjoyed it myself, and not for the obvious reasons. You kinda feel bad for Haruka, not once but twice getting caught making love to a girl. I went like, OUCH! C**KBLOCK! And the order the anime gave the girls. Big, middle, HUGE, flat, GIGUNDOUS! you can pretty much figure out which girl's which^^;;. I wonder how the DVDs will add to the content? Will Iinchou's cherry finally get popped in the DVD/BD episodes? FIND OUT TOMORROW, AND LIKE A MONTH FROM NOW FROM TOMORROW! Also, I'm Max, I'm new here, nice to meet you all^^.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 21:09   Link #1993
PzIVf3

Doesn't matter to me if they are dead or alive the good part thing for me is the happy ending after.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 22:30   Link #1994
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

speaking of trees under water, they actually exist in real world and the trees are found at the bottom of deep lakes where there is little to no oxygen in the water, not to mention high pressure and low temperature at that depth, there is no way they could of survived at that condition, and you need special gears to get to that depth, btw, the trees are well preserved and could be be sold for a premium
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 22:55   Link #1995
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyone else sad that they didnt do an arc for the class prez?
Yes, I really wanted a Kozue arc, moreso than that Nao arc that was really unentertaining (well, maybe the part when Haru was just a locamotive when his sister walked in on him and Nao). Nao was a hundred times better in the Sora arc, and coincidently, she was practically the protagonist in that arc, since they focused on her so much.

Another thing I noticed but forgot to mention. When Sora and Haru were sinking in the lake, Haru was responsive and hugging her. Sora was like a lifeless body, with no reaction, and just moved however he held her. It looked like she drowned at that point.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:08   Link #1996
justavisitor

just when I think they get a happy ending after watching the show, I come here to find out some ppl think they are dead....

perhaps I need to rewatch the last episode...but I would definitely think they are alive...the reason is because..I don't think heaven has train (I don't think heaven needs modernization) XD

And perhaps they sell the house so they have money to travel...or that uncle is finally willing to sponsor those two
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-12-21 at 23:19.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 23:09   Link #1997
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Where We Are Least Alone.

The thing that really struck me the most about the arc, with Haru in particular, is the amount of level-headed maturity he struggles to keep regarding his incestuous relationship throughout the story. As I had mentioned before, itís so easy to just let yourself be lost in lust and desire while forgetting about the consequences of oneís actions. Here from the moment his feelings resurfaced heís been struggling with both the emotional and moral choices he has to make on a daily basis, and he considers them very seriously. Itís refreshing to see a lead who thinks with his mind and not his penis, a pothole the everyday series easily falls into. He tries to struggle with it for both of them, knowing they have both engaged in something where there is no turning back. He tries to carry it on his shoulders until he begins to crack.

It is also very easy to conclude that Sora, who doesnít really care what others think, is lost in her love and lust. That is really not the case. Itís because sheís made her decision long ago regardless of what other people think. Sheís decided to go along with her erotic love for her brother and has decided that she will nurture it even against the wills of society. The only thing important to her is their love for each other, even if it is taboo and rejected by everyone else. She does have a point: love is only between the lover and the loved, and in all honesty no one else really has a say in it. With this she will continue to what she thinks is best for both of them.

In reality she has also thought this through as much as Haru has, only in a different way. Haru is more concerned with the social aspect while Sora more on the emotional, private aspect.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 23:49   Link #1998
calib

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Great post calib

I didn't understand haruka's scene... haruka went to her house but he didn't call her..

She noticed someone was there.. but I'm sure she didn't save them in the lake.Because they were alone,haruka wasn't there.

So why did they make that scene?
To arrive at the lake Haru must pass through Akira's house, since the lake is on top of the mountain. When Haru arrived at Akira's house, he was happy to see someone there, he wanted to ask for her help to find Sora, but as he get closer to her house, he started thinking about how Prez freaked out when she found out about him and Sora. That's why he didn't ask for her help.
Also, remember that this is Sora's arc, Haru had no memories about what happened in the past about himself and Akira. I guess they made Haru remember about it somehow in the last episode for Akira fans. But in the midway thinking about the past he realized the most important thing to do right now is to find Sora.
That's why there were flashbacks of Haru and Akira outside Akira's house.
calib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 00:03   Link #1999
Divini
Senpai!

A question: if they did survived that, how exactly were they able to get back to shore? From the scene itself, it seemed like Sora snapped out of it and saved them. But it's possible that Akira or Nao saved them also...

Surprised Iincho was still pretty mad at the end. Seemed like she was mad that she's the only one that didn't get some. :O
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 00:36   Link #2000
Kuusou Naku
Sky of Connection

Now ...
I saw a little factor of the plushie which sora hold on the train
The first bunny have Button eyes....
The second bunny doesnt have button eyes...
Kuusou Naku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation