AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-05, 07:49   Link #241
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
My eyebrows have risen a level after noticing... that the wincest was actually win.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love twincest and wincest when it happens just as much as any other anime fan out there, but their are some times when it's not convincingly pulled off or it's just extremely disturbing and/or irritating.

Props to them for pulling it off in a good way. (I have no idea how UTW managed to sub this, even jointly, so fast considering they're still getting around to 1080p encoding of UBW)
__________________

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:07   Link #242
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Based on some scenes I saw of the game it looks like it was eroge.
You're wrong. Clannad was made for all ages. If you've seen hentai pictures of it, doesn't mean they're from the game. There is spin-off however, called Tomoyo After but that has nothing to do with the original story.

-------

I knew nothing of Yosuga no Sora, but got attracted by the pretty picture that was on chartfags .. Seriously?! Twincest .. Never would have expected that. Dunno yet what to make of the series.. Gotta watch few more episodes at least.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:18   Link #243
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 24
Interesting how all the heroines fall in love with the protagonist meeting him for the first time.

Twincest was a surprise. I was expecting a more platonic "Care for my sister" sort of relationship. But then again, I also wasn't expecting tits and masturbation.
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:23   Link #244
Ichiban Hayai
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece
Age: 35
I hadn't read any previews prior to watching so my expectations changed through ep 1.

Twins arrive at village. Ok, typical slice of life.
Girls bump on protagonist, blushing. Looks like harrem after all.
Girl naked in bath, nipples and all. EH?!? Fanservice ala Queen Blade etc
Final scene. Sora strips in front of Haru. Chotto mate! This is erogame adaption O_O

Apart from good animation, it wasn't very interesting (considering the genre of course)
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:24   Link #245
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
You should thank me more for the avatars....you should also change sometimes of avatar...it's pretty fun you know. Nice GIFs on your side too. The one of Sora masturbating and undressing is rather well done.
I also have to say that the one where she gets jealous over Kozue being too close to Haruka is funny....nicely done. Do wonder whatever they meant with I want to come at the end still. Makes me at it still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
But then again, I also wasn't expecting tits and masturbation.
ROFL! That was the best one yet! Good laugh there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
I hadn't read any previews prior to watching so my expectations changed through ep 1.

Twins arrive at village. Ok, typical slice of life.
Girls bump on protagonist, blushing. Looks like harrem after all.
Girl naked in bath, nipples and all. EH?!? Fanservice ala Queen Blade etc
Apart from good animation, it wasn't very interesting (considering the genre of course)
You missed out the maid masturbates after the episode....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
Final scene. Sora strips in front of Haru. Chotto mate! This is erogame adaption O_O
Also missed out Sora saying "Make me come!"
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:55   Link #246
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
What an awkward 1st episode, particularly the ending. Felt like I was playing a VN and stopped just before a H-scene started...

Also wasn't expecting tits, masturbation and the "Make me come" bit at the end.

To me, it felt like Myself;Yourself/H20 Footprints in the Sand but with "explicit" material. That's not a good thing, because it's not what I expected. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for P.A. Work's Hanasaku Iroha to have a chance of what I was looking for...

Will give it 1 more episode.
__________________

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2010-10-05 at 09:05.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:56   Link #247
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Show has a serious split personality going on...The bounces between heart wrenching slow paced drama with the twins and the standard Harem bunk is pretty jarring.

Still even with the occasional non-sense the parts that the show got right were oooooh so good (The melancholy, longing, and loneliness seeping through some scenes was just incredible). So I guess the question going forward is which of the two faces the show presented will become the predominate one...
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:59   Link #248
Yuno
Balanced Diet
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: !ouY htiW
Send a message via Skype™ to Yuno
Pray that it is the latter and not the harem junk. I am somewhat disappointed with this, but I will stick with it simply out of honor of the game and the story. I hope to god that this first episode was simply a "hook" to get various interests... well interested (Need to sleep). The storyline is quite good and not one to be mucked up by fanservice overload... I worry, I watch, but worry.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 09:33   Link #249
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
I'm really not sure about this. I like the art but...this is one of those shows that can be either bad or good.

Never watch an anime that involved incest/twincest(I'm not a fan of it at all) but I think I may need to see a little more of this show before I rule it out.

[spoiler removed by angry bunnies](they bite)

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-10-05 at 10:19. Reason: Lets leave game spoilers where they belong
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 10:39   Link #250
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Spoiler for Episode 1 with comparisons to game:


A few quick freebies:
__________________

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-10-05 at 11:00. Reason: adding spoiler tags for comparison
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 10:52   Link #251
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Okay, that was an awkward first episode to say the least. Behind the shades of all the flag events non-stop, the underlying atmosphere surrounding Sora is tense, to say the least. It feels that there's more to Sora's possessiveness than just the family's death.

Based on what the ED shows, I speculate that... er... not even sure if this is that 'kind' of eroge, but it feels as if Haru is not a virgin. The credits silhouette with Sora seeing something shocking is typically associated with the sight of sex ( or abuse/rape/etc ), and it would make perfect sense if Sora saw Haru having sex with someone. It's kind of a traumatic reminder of how 'fragile' their relationship potentially is, which would be a natural extension to how clingy and 'afraid' Sora is. As for the candidates, I think it's either be their mother ( was the death actually an accident? ) or the glasses girl that Sora seems to single out. ( and one which Haru seems to have another awkward and close history with )
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 10:56   Link #252
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Re: Harem, I think there are two points in the anime that might be missed at first glance:

1. Half of the characters have a pre-existing relationship with Haruka (which you can note by their calling him by name).

2. This is a small town basically in the "middle of nowhere" (note Sora's disgust that they don't have a convenience store), so the arrival of a new, attractive boy in town can be big news and definitely get the girls talking. (In a small town, everyone knows everyone else, so any comings-and-goings are big news.)

So in that sense, I don't think it's quite as surprising as it seems at first.

I also want to remind people to put comparisons to current events in the game behind spoiler tags, and that future events cannot be discussed in this thread. Please go to the Game thread for that instead (where we already have some conversations going).

Edit: And also, if an anime-only viewer makes speculation based on where they think the anime is going, game players are NOT under any circumstance, under penalty of infractions and bans, to provide ANY sort hint one way or the other that either supports or discounts their theories. This should be common sense, but as a number of us mods have played the game, we will punish this sort of thing most severely when encountered. Please don't try to be "smart" about it. (And also, if you have played the game, please don't pretend that you haven't... I've seen people try to do that, and it's not like we won't know...)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:00   Link #253
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's not strange how a viewer could feel it not being expressed well though. The anime gives an impression that he doesn't remember the girls, despite them knowing/remembering him due to how withdrawn he is even with those casual with him. It's only quite near the end of the episode with the bicycle scene that we know there's no amnesia or lost memories involved.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:22   Link #254
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Loved the first episode. I didn't expect it to have such a good atmosphere (the fantastic OP song certainly helps). Sora is just as lovely as I had imagined, if not more. The other girls seem rather nice too but Sora's already got all my attention and it shall remain that way. As for Haru, the lucky main character, I was also a bit bothered by his amazing ablitity to attract any females within a 10 miles radius but I'll let it slide for now.

I'm a bit puzzled about one thing: Akria seemed to know Haru, however, he clearly doesn't remember her at all since he didn't even know her name. I guess she secretly loved him (like every other girls in the show) but never managed to approach him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Haha, I thought exactly the same thing. Sora's cuteness is on a whole other level, the way she clung to Haru's shirt was so damn adorable. I find her way prettier, too. I'm totally in love with her already~ This season is a very good one for an imouto lover like me (the Mikan x Sora combo will kill me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
This was...surprisingly good. Nice OP, two EDs, good music, attractive character design, atmosphere, great (but not too excessive) fanservice, and the main attraction: real twincest.
Twincest by definition can't be fake since it involves twins. Thus, twincest is always wincest.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:25   Link #255
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Ok... yeah... I guess aside from the characters and the setting, there is close to nothing similar I've seen from the first manga volume that came out, and based on player reaction, no similarities with the VN as well. Might as well be prudent to treat this as a completely different entity.

But where to start...

From the get go Haru's already working the magic with every female he's encountered so far, a quality any harem lead must posses. Much to Sora's irritation of course. The similarities people have pointed out to Myself; Yourself does sort of exist, and this is a bit of a bad thing for me, because I hated that series. It seems like every girl has the hots for him already.

The obvious sexual tension between the siblings, or at least from Sora's side is already readily apparent even if we aren't too sure why. She's pretty much downright lusting for him as her fantasies suggest. It obviously stems a lot from losing their parents and probably her own feelings of emotional isolation and abandonment, which makes the potential dynamic and expected strains in their relationship an interesting thing to watch.

But this is where my problem with the first episode starts. I have mixed feelings with the episode, it isn't bad but it isn't great either, because I have a very mixed impression with what the episode, and the show by extension, is trying to be. The last 5 minutes of fanservice, masturbation etc. further muddles this idea of mine.

What exactly is this episode, and the rest of the series by extension, trying to be?

You've got potential for a incestuous drama in there, as well as the starting points for a potential harem comedic drama and an ecchi to borderline hentai fare. The first episode really didn't mesh it all together very well, at all. The differences between them felt jarring and segmented, like I was watching 2 or 3 shows stapled together in a single episode. I don't feel a focus anywhere because Sora's story felt so "outside" the realm of everything else, and while I assume her story is supposed to take center stage, the school sections are also greatly focused on, yet the episode doesn't put them together into a more seamless and integrated approach. It feels like Haru instead is switching between a harem-ish school life and an incestuous home life, with everything else in between.

I honestly can't feel a sense of identity in this episode. I don't feel a sense of focus. Most series' pilots already tell you what the show is and what to expect from it, but frankly I have no idea right now what this show is or wants to be. Like the manga I can feel something deep from the potential relationship between the two, but in the episode it's neither here or there because of everything else that makes it like everything is always shifting focus and stuff. It's a vague feeling I know, but honestly I can't put my foot down because I simply can't make a conclusion of what this is.

If indeed it's trying to put all of those elements together, then it didn't do a good job at it. The best simile I can make is that it felt more like having two jigsaw puzzles, and trying to mix them up and make one bigger puzzle from all the pieces. It feels like the pieces don't feel like they go together, and that you're forcing pieces to fit. If the episode decided to focus on just one then it would be fine, heck I would prefer the incest parts because they were actually handled pretty well, but the disjunction is glaring to me, and if this is the approach for every episode from here on in, it's just going to feel awkward and disjointed.

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's just because of the inherent difficulties a pilot episode has to face, and give it at least 2 more episodes. Thing is, if it's really going to feel very segmented and compartmentalized, especially with whatever the hell those last 5 minutes of near pointless fanservice was, watching this will simply not be fun at all, no matter how interested I am at the incestuous dynamic.

Which is sad because I find it intriguing, and I haven't seen one I liked since Koi Kaze.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:47   Link #256
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
This may be just me, but I think the rather jarring juxtaposition of elements is actually probably what the director/writer was intending in this episode. There's a bit contrast being set out between the life that Haruka is trying to live and Sora's rather insular world. This is all being presented to us, as viewers, at a mile-a-minute pace and the net effect is, I think, supposed to be one of being maybe "intrigued but overwhelmed". They may choose to keep this pace, but I can also imagine them taking a big step back next week and almost restarting from square one to re-set the foundation.

In any case, all that to say that I think the points you've raised seem more deliberate than accidental. For better or worse, of course, time will tell...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:13   Link #257
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This may be just me, but I think the rather jarring juxtaposition of elements is actually probably what the director/writer was intending in this episode. There's a bit contrast being set out between the life that Haruka is trying to live and Sora's rather insular world. This is all being presented to us, as viewers, at a mile-a-minute pace and the net effect is, I think, supposed to be one of being maybe "intrigued but overwhelmed". They may choose to keep this pace, but I can also imagine them taking a big step back next week and almost restarting from square one to re-set the foundation.

In any case, all that to say that I think the points you've raised seem more deliberate than accidental. For better or worse, of course, time will tell...
Well yes it probably has more to do with the lightning fast of the series, when you have Akira acting silly in the hallway, Nao's boobs floating in the bathtub and Sora fantasizing some french tongue action with Haru in quick succession. The contrasting would work well if you actually have time to make the comparison between his school life and his home life, but the shuffling throws me off a lot of the time. Maybe it's because the 6 chapters of the manga, and I presume the VN, managed to integrate is better than the anime that I end up making comparisons.

If the segregation is deliberate then it's fine because it can work, and it's been made to work before. However at the pace it's going, it makes the divisions far too obvious, forced and at times too distinct, like Haru is shuffling between two dimensions. There's really not enough time to delve into him, his sister, and everyone else caught in the crossfire of this potentially incestuous relationship.

If I HAVE to make a comparison, even if the series' are only linked by the incest theme, Koi Kaze managed to segregate Koshiro's professional life with his troubled personal emotions in his home life very well. Same thing can be said perhaps of Nanoka's school life and her growing affection for her brother. At the same time however, they mixed together to make the opposition apparent, the end result being their shared emotional turmoils made manifest by a society unaccepting of the relationship.

I can tell Yosuga no Sora is trying to make the distinction between the normalcy of school and the taboo of Sora's feelings, but they need to mix and meld in some places to make their differences more apparent. Having two worlds almost completely independent and unaffected of each other would ultimately fail to let us see how both worlds clash.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:51   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
This seemed deliberate to me as well and I'm fine with it for now. However, this won't work if they can keep that up too long. They will need to focus on a single heroine at some point (obviously Sora), I just hope it won't be too late before it happens.

Allow me to add this to the list of freebies:

__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:06   Link #259
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
What the F? Was she touching herself in the extras? I know she is a maid and all where the propriety is observed at all times, but I think it would have been perfectly understandable if she took her shorts off in those moments of private times. The episode made me say WtF more than one such occasion.

I didn't envision this show to be so over the top. I guess its a good thing considering the material. It can't be bad because if the script can keep it up, the hero will be banging everything with two legs that look like a chick, starting with his sister. It actually might be more entertaining than White Album. Oh gosh! The little bit of playing time that I put in for the game made me realize how boring this script was, so I wasn't expecting much from this show. After watching this episode, I'm very excited to say these spin to the plot near the end of each episode should give us plenty to talk about every week. Of course, I'm speaking for myself, so please don't take any offense if you played the game and liked it.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:28   Link #260
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
It's hard to compare one episode of anime with several chapters of manga and a whole game. Of course we haven't got near the fullness of those yet.

Unlike a game (I think), an anime has to hook the viewer at the beginning. So rather than a slow build-up, they have chosen to hit us hard with fanservice, characters, and relationships. Episode one was a quick way to give us the whole setting, and introduce us briefly to the range of characters, and now the anime will work with that.

In the preview and OP, etc., we see Sora at school, I believe. So the integration of the two realms is about to begin. Hopefully we will get more of the depth and atmosphere game-players seem to be missing. By keeping Sora separate at first, we got a good sense of her feeling of longing and isolation.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.