AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-06, 04:16   Link #301
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Haru and Sora are the same voice actors as Hirono and Miyako from ef respectively. Other than though, I don't find much similarities between the two shows. For one, ef was a lot less "erotic" and does not focus on fanservice no where near as much as Yosuga no Sora. At least from the first episode that is...
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 04:32   Link #302
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, I watched the first episode and is left a bit confused. Not as confused as Star Driver's first episode, but like Meo said I can't judge where the series direction is going to be from the first episode. It's not bad or anything though, and I think I'll give it a few more episodes before my final judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This seemed deliberate to me as well and I'm fine with it for now. However, this won't work if they can keep that up too long. They will need to focus on a single heroine at some point (obviously Sora), I just hope it won't be too late before it happens.

Allow me to add this to the list of freebies:

Can I take the last one? The third one is already taken and although I loved the first one, it loses a certain charm without the munyu munyu.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:23   Link #303
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, I watched the first episode and is left a bit confused. Not as confused as Star Driver's first episode, but like Meo said I can't judge where the series direction is going to be from the first episode. It's not bad or anything though, and I think I'll give it a few more episodes before my final judgment.



Can I take the last one? The third one is already taken and although I loved the first one, it loses a certain charm without the munyu munyu.
You should check mines in case you missed them here=>
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=93948&page=12
but second one is taken of the first row.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 06:25   Link #304
Dop
Mmmm....
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
the production values were excellent
I have to agree with that, I loved the start of the show, the detail in the train, the scenery, the lighting, and the music. So i was a bit surprised by what came (no pun intended) later.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 06:55   Link #305
Dahak86
Classics never age
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
So i was a bit surprised by what came (no pun intended) later.
Surprised, yeah... but in a very good way! What came later was awesome!
That "Make me come" scene was beautiful! and the "Sora-Masturbating" scene was glorious, to say the least. This is how fanservice should be done!
"Most Erotic this season" as Sankaku puts it.
now, question is, are the coming episodes gonna keep up the amazing fanservice work?
__________________
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 09:07   Link #306
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
the "Sora-Masturbating" scene was glorious, to say the least. This is how fanservice should be done!
That was what!?! I didn't even catch that until I was reading this and rewatched that part again. That was very nicely done, so much my dense head didn't catch it.

Caught on to this after seeing some screens "somewhere", I must say this has left me intrigued. Will this go School Days or Aki Sora? The multiple flashbacks and three OPs/EDs does left me in a twirl as to how they are going to proceed with this.

I'm aboard the train.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:11   Link #307
serenade_beta
Spring '16 Quality
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Surprised, yeah... but in a very good way! What came later was awesome!
That "Make me come" scene was beautiful! and the "Sora-Masturbating" scene was glorious, to say the least. This is how fanservice should be done!
"Most Erotic this season" as Sankaku puts it.
now, question is, are the coming episodes gonna keep up the amazing fanservice work?
Your signature...
It doesn't look so... provocative in the actual episode, but when you repeat it like that...


And speaking of Sora, it seems in the... ranking for Blu-Rays? on Amazon.jp, Yosuga no Sora beat OreImouto. Sora is lovelier, so it can't be helped, right~?
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:40   Link #308
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Surprised, yeah... but in a very good way! What came later was awesome!
That "Make me come" scene was beautiful! and the "Sora-Masturbating" scene was glorious, to say the least. This is how fanservice should be done!
"Most Erotic this season" as Sankaku puts it.
now, question is, are the coming episodes gonna keep up the amazing fanservice work?
Yeah, the level of risque content really surprised me. I knew the source material, but I thought they were going to 'play it safe' so to speak. I'm actually glad that they're not being paranoid about it (I'm looking at you, Motto TLR!).
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:49   Link #309
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I'm actually glad that they're not being paranoid about it (I'm looking at you, Motto TLR!).
Well, this is the difference when you air exclusively on Pay TV/Satellite, as opposed to regular TV channels that are subject to more censorship concerns. The drawback is less potential viewers, but benefit is that you can typically show almost whatever you want.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:04   Link #310
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 27
well, it wasn't really depicted as masturbating. it was implied though. either that or i watched it wrong.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:10   Link #311
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

And speaking of Sora, it seems in the... ranking for Blu-Rays? on Amazon.jp, Yosuga no Sora beat OreImouto. Sora is lovelier, so it can't be helped, right~?
I'm not surprised a bit, yeah, you're right.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:12   Link #312
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, this is the difference when you air exclusively on Pay TV/Satellite, as opposed to regular TV channels that are subject to more censorship concerns. The drawback is less potential viewers, but benefit is that you can typically show almost whatever you want.
Oh, that explains everything. I didn't know it was airing on a Pay TV channel (I'm almost completely ignorant about Japanese channels). Yeah, you have free reign on channels like that.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:17   Link #313
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Waaaaaaaait a minute.

-Quirky cast in a slice-of-life setting?
-Highly Detailed vistas?
-Piano music?

Uh oh.

Better get my tissue box.


Been a while since I crossed a potential heartwrencher. Little weird though; I mean, right off the bat, the guy already got a 5 (6?) girl harem. And he just got there.
World Record holder for fastest harem?

Plus their is blatantly uncensored nudity too; PG-13 this is not. I can tell this is going to keep that heavy, tangent atmosphere, but I hope they do some light-hearted moments too, just like their....second ending? After the uh.......moment of solitude?

I watched it fresh, without context or even previews, so I had no idea what to expect. And I still don't.
What a weird start.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-06 at 11:39.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:18   Link #314
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Interesting start... I won't be rushing off to play the game anytime soon though.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:55   Link #315
ShiraYukiHime
Samurai Girls <3
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 23


Has this been claimed yet ? I totally love this part
__________________


♥Nodoka ♥Saki
Thanks Mr. Wang For the Signature ! ~
ShiraYukiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:12   Link #316
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 57
What the bloody pond is this?

I did not really expect this to be family-friendly, although I have seen some pretty decent anime based on ero-games. I did expect it to be coherent though. Not jumping randomly from tragic drama to clownish comedy to drama again to pure masturbatory aid, without any rhyme or reason to the changes.

It reminded more than anything of a teenager's first attempt to write a novel. When the teenager is emo, drama ensues in the novel. When the teenager gets horny, so do the characters, plot be damned. Those were the days, but at least we did not get published, thank the Light.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:39   Link #317
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
That was what!?! I didn't even catch that until I was reading this and rewatched that part again. That was very nicely done, so much my dense head didn't catch it.
I didn't see it either, I thought the maid is already more than enough, turns out there's two, huh...I agree with serenade_beta that your sig really further that implication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Waaaaaaaait a minute.

-Quirky cast in a slice-of-life setting?
-Highly Detailed vistas?
-Piano music?

Uh oh.

Better get my tissue box.


Been a while since I crossed a potential heartwrencher. Little weird though; I mean, right off the bat, the guy already got a 5 (6?) girl harem. And he just got there.
World Record holder for fastest harem?

Plus their is blatantly uncensored nudity too; PG-13 this is not. I can tell this is going to keep that heavy, tangent atmosphere, but I hope they do some light-hearted moments too, just like their....second ending? After the uh.......moment of solitude?

I watched it fresh, without context or even previews, so I had no idea what to expect. And I still don't.
What a weird start.
I won't say he hits the world record, he used to live there and some of the girls seems to know him already so it's very possible that some of those are rekindled lingering feelings from the past.

And I agree with you on the last point, it's quite a weird start that still leaves me wonder on what to expect. I guess like Itlandm, it can be pretty jarring how they shift from emotional stuff to instant harem to lighthearted comedy and things that are borderline H. I'm willing to give this a chance because it's just a pilot episode, so I'm thinking that they gave all those stuff in short succession to show that, in the limited time constraints, what will the series will be about. Perhaps with more episodes the shifts between them can be managed better, like other similar works that can tell a great story by using these elements properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiraYukiHime View Post


Has this been claimed yet ? I totally love this part
I was going to claim it, but I changed my mind and ended up picked this one. I also loved that part, but as I said, as an avatar it loses a certain charm without the "munyu munyu" sound effect.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:17   Link #318
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
You know, I didn't realize that Hospital scene was just a fantasy.

Or is it real? I don't know. GARGH!

now I'm a little more worried for things going down THAT path.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-06 at 13:47.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:47   Link #319
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 26
I hope we'll have a nice boat ending where the maid will go mad and murder everyone!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:49   Link #320
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 35
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
If it turns that in the last scene Sora was refering to school ... well, that scene will enter the trolling hall of fame
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.