AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 09:43   Link #1221
Equidistant

Well this was a good episode overall. Aside from the whole rape thing, I liked Nao more than I thought I would(after hearing how unpopular she was and all), and I really thought the chemistry between her and Haruka felt natural...But...How in the hell is this a Sora episode? Sora spent most of the time being jealous that Haruka was 100% obsessing over Nao, and Haruka spent his time 100% obsessing over Nao. I mean where exactly do we go from here? Are the next two episodes Nao only episodes, or are they going share episodes the entire time? I just can't see how you can start a Sora arc based off of this episode.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 10:26   Link #1222
Dr. Casey

The next two are Nao only, yeah. Sora didn't get too much screentime in this one, though what little she did get was interesting enough and meaningful to satisfy me (Particularly the infinite loop of 'I hate Nao' at the end), and it was nice to get even this much attention to Sora since she's been completely out of the spotlight after the first episode. I'm really looking forward to the Sora arc (Starts with episode 10, December 6th) since she's easily the most interesting character to me.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 10:40   Link #1223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, thanks, and you're quite welcome! I find the presentation of this anime infinitely fascinating because of how carefully constructed it is and how many little details and references they carefully include. I feel like every time I re-watch the show I notice something I missed the first time, and that's a feeling I haven't had about a show for a very long time. So yeah, I'm glad it's useful, but it's fun for me as well.
Everyone is having fun with this series.

Quote:
ROFL Just have to say this definitely got a good laugh out of me. ("Well, there is that...")

If only we could all be young, attractive, and irresistible to "the ladies"... The ability to reset time so we could try multiple scenarios would be nice too. Seriously, this can't be too much to ask, can it? Someone get right on that!
A bishoujo flux capacitor? I'll get to it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
[SPOILER="ep7"]and here comes the Sora "Make me cum" scene again, same "twist" as the last time... damn, do I really have to wait for Sora's arc in order for that scene to have its proper meaning?
Doesn't she say "Come with me?"
Quote:
whoa, I never noticed before, but Sora is actually pretty strong... that was no normal slap...
That was pretty bad on their part. She barely touced him and there was no big sound effect. He just flew and had a slap mark on his face, lol.

Quote:
ouch, how meanie of Haru saying she's "small"... she didn't take it very well... and in the scene immediately after, we even get to see Nao's breasts... and the comparison is done.
Did he mean her stature or bust? Well, either way invokes retribution, haha.

Quote:
wow, just wow... so Nao "raped" Haru... not like he opposed any strong resistance, though. he was just... going with the flow? (well, the aftermath was quite evident, he seemed a bit out of it/shocked?)
as usual, lucky haru... getting to touch such beautiful boobs... Nao sure is blessed with a wonderful body.
He looked like he was raped with that shocked face and him just laying there with his pants down.

Quote:
and here a funny word-play with the ep's title I found on 2ch =>
Spoiler:
I am loving the creativity of the titles. It really shows that they are putting effort in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh yeah, i can't believe i forgot to mention the yandere vibes that sora was releasing. if these come to fruition, the god help us.
I was going to say something but the preview showed nothing else concerning the yandere potential, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
wrong place, wrong time? Not all the girls are so developed at 13-ish
She sure as hell was developed! They should have made her a little smaller, I mean, damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Well this was a good episode overall. Aside from the whole rape thing, I liked Nao more than I thought I would(after hearing how unpopular she was and all), and I really thought the chemistry between her and Haruka felt natural...But...How in the hell is this a Sora episode? Sora spent most of the time being jealous that Haruka was 100% obsessing over Nao, and Haruka spent his time 100% obsessing over Nao. I mean where exactly do we go from here? Are the next two episodes Nao only episodes, or are they going share episodes the entire time? I just can't see how you can start a Sora arc based off of this episode.
What's most interesting is that we'll have a Sora end with Haru having had sex (recently) with another girl. I can't think of any precedent for that.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:49   Link #1224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's the second time I see a big-breasted girl with glasses rape a boy in front of his twin sister today (well, we don't know if Sora saw it, but seeing how much she resents Nao, I think she did)

I never fullly believed Haru and Nao already did it despite the hints so I was a bit surprised. No wonder Nao always acted so awkwardly around him. About whether or not it was rape: I would also say it was only "half-rape". She forced himself on him but he didn't resist, because he already liked her and, well, she's freaking hot. It was definitely wrong though, since she didn't do it out of love: she did it to release her anger and frustration over her parents' divorce, and to find a little comfort (there are ways to do so...). I'm glad she's admitting her faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
She's always had her computer, I think, she just didn't have the internet. In fact, I think she still doesn't have it. That's why she has nothing better to do than to write hate messages... It's all Haru's fault for being too busy staring at Nao's chest instead of setting up the damn net!

And yes, more Sora is win. She's the main reason I'm going to enjoy this arc. I don't if you're small, Sora, I love you as you are~

Edit: Motoka raping Haruka again was also hilarious. I'm really enjoying her "arc", if you can call it that. By the way, what happened to the class rep? She disappeared off the surface of the earth after the first episode.
Old 2010-11-17, 12:42   Link #1225
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 7
...What? How old were Nao and Haru when she raped him? I'm more shocked at having sex in this early age than incest! The image of Haru laying down speechless with hazey eyes and pants down was sad...

I absolutely loved all the Sora's scene ("small" LOL). And I'm loving MOtoka's arc, too~ So she finally got him and it wasn't her imagination.

Off-topic:
I'm surprised that the 1st ending song is done by the same group who did "Airman ga Taosenai"! I thought they were just a fan group. Nice thing the song is included in the CD but it's sung by the woman.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:05   Link #1226
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Come on ... how can you say that Haru was raped ... he was just confused, happens a lot when your first time is with a more experienced girl, and judging from Nao's reactions, it is implied that it wasn't her first time. Also, do not forget that Haru was fairly open about liking her (in the 1st episode's flashbacks). As much as I do not like this behaviour, I still can understand it.

Moving on, if Nao thought Haru hated her, probably is because she never realized the extent of his feelings before sex. On the other hand if hating refered to Sora, I guess the implication is obvious ... they will probably play around with that in the next arc, therefore this is a common episode.

By the way, japanese (like perl) is such an interesting language because what you say is bound to the context in which it was said, without it, can be easily misinterpreted. I wish we had that in english, greek, german or french

edit:
About their age, they should have been in middle school, and it's not that young, your grandparents (for europeans) were still marrying and having children at that age, in muslim world I think they still do And in any case it is not really uncommon for teenagers to be sexually active, especially females ... anyway, illegal, but I doubt anyone cares about feministic laws oppressing women
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:41   Link #1227
Joachim
et tu, brute?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BD2dxngf9o

a quick question, anyone know which bgm is the background sound/violin during the first minute in that video? never heard it in the game OST, might be part of sabishii yoru but meh, im not really sure
Old 2010-11-17, 14:15   Link #1228
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BD2dxngf9o

a quick question, anyone know which bgm is the background sound/violin during the first minute in that video? never heard it in the game OST, might be part of sabishii yoru but meh, im not really sure
It's part of the anime soundtrack that'll be released with the first and third Blu-Rays. Some of the tracks are new, and some of them are re-arranged versions of existing songs from the game.
Old 2010-11-17, 14:23   Link #1229
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
It's part of the anime soundtrack that'll be released with the first and third Blu-Rays. Some of the tracks are new, and some of them are re-arranged versions of existing songs from the game.
thanks for the confirmation relentless, figured there is none in the game bgm that sounded like that
Old 2010-11-17, 14:39   Link #1230
Haak
F**k my life...

Wow. Rape. Didn't see that coming. Except it didn't actually turn out to be rape at it's worst. Just really confusing for the poor guy. Well it's all well and good. At least they actually used sex as something part of the plot that causes drama, rather than something added at the end like some sort of prize.

This was a decent episode. Didn't appreciate Ryohei being an asshole and forcing Nao and Haru on each other, though he did have their best interests at heart.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 15:54   Link #1231
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Come on ... how can you say that Haru was raped ... he was just confused, happens a lot when your first time is with a more experienced girl, and judging from Nao's reactions, it is implied that it wasn't her first time. Also, do not forget that Haru was fairly open about liking her (in the 1st episode's flashbacks). As much as I do not like this behaviour, I still can understand it.
More experienced? I am pretty sure that was her first time as well.
Quote:
By the way, japanese (like perl) is such an interesting language because what you say is bound to the context in which it was said, without it, can be easily misinterpreted. I wish we had that in english, greek, german or french
English is incredibly boring in that regard. I like how names have meaning.

Quote:
About their age, they should have been in middle school, and it's not that young, your grandparents (for europeans) were still marrying and having children at that age, in muslim world I think they still do And in any case it is not really uncommon for teenagers to be sexually active, especially females ... anyway, illegal, but I doubt anyone cares about feministic laws oppressing women
Doesn't mean it isn't odd and surprising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This was a decent episode. Didn't appreciate Ryohei being an asshole and forcing Nao and Haru on each other, though he did have their best interests at heart.
I didn't see him forcing anything. The typical ploy was enacted and Haru took it from there. Once he saw her come out of the water in her bathing suit, he was hooked. Can't blame him.
Old 2010-11-17, 16:11   Link #1232
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, I don't really like him being forceful like that, but that kind of behavior is kind of expected when you're the bro of a eroge male lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's the second time I see a big-breasted girl with glasses rape a boy in front of his twin sister today (well, we don't know if Sora saw it, but seeing how much she resents Nao, I think she did)
Okay, that's really specific for something to see in just under 24 hours. I wonder, should I inquire further about this? If it’s safe to do so, then, perhaps, through PM…

Quote:
I never fullly believed Haru and Nao already did it despite the hints so I was a bit surprised. No wonder Nao always acted so awkwardly around him. About whether or not it was rape: I would also say it was only "half-rape". She forced himself on him but he didn't resist, because he already liked her and, well, she's freaking hot. It was definitely wrong though, since she didn't do it out of love: she did it to release her anger and frustration over her parents' divorce, and to find a little comfort (there are ways to do so...). I'm glad she's admitting her faults.
Yeah, the fact that it’s only “half-rape” (if such term exists) coupled with the fact that Nao deeply regrets it, as well as Haru being more or less fine with it (over time) makes it a bit better for me, while still unexpected. Still, it’s because I have a calm reaction that I’m kinda annoyed with myself. Because, even though I know better, I still can’t shake off my double standard, as I know for sure that if the gender is reversed, I’ll have a much stronger reaction…Ahhh, it’s not easy, really.

Quote:
She's always had her computer, I think, she just didn't have the internet. In fact, I think she still doesn't have it. That's why she has nothing better to do than to write hate messages... It's all Haru's fault for being too busy staring at Nao's chest instead of setting up the damn net!
Um, just out of curiosity, as even without texts it’s obvious that it’s a hate message (yandere is just a hop, skip and a jump from there ), but what does the phrase she’s typing actually means anyway?

Quote:
Edit: Motoka raping Haruka again was also hilarious. I'm really enjoying her "arc", if you can call it that. By the way, what happened to the class rep? She disappeared off the surface of the earth after the first episode.
To be honest, I only realized this episode that there’s some sort of continuity between each segments, I thought it was just numerous humorous one-shots. So, because last episode was just a fantasy, this episode should be their first time together, right?

Sadly, the class rep is not getting a route, just like in the original eroge. It’s too bad, I kinda like her. I wonder if it’s possible that she’ll get something in the DVD extras? If I’m not wrong, she along with the redheaded maid friend also got a fandisk with their own route…

I think the biggest factor here is of course, the fact that this isn’t just Nao route but she shared it with Sora. So, no matter what she’ll be having her brother just having sex not just back then, but recently as well. One thing for sure, drama will ensue, as there’s no way Sora will back down quietly like she did the previous two routes this time. Hmm, let’s see how it goes then.

Btw, those yellow things from the pool locker: what is that actually, some kind of float?
Old 2010-11-17, 16:14   Link #1233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, those yellow things from the pool locker: what is that actually, some kind of float?
That is...a good question. They seem to be floats, but they are pretty useless alone aside from being a kick board or leg buoy.
Old 2010-11-17, 16:30   Link #1234
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^They're floats for those ropes so you can divide the pool into lanes.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:34   Link #1235
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^They're floats for those ropes so you can divide the pool into lanes.
But still, thats a little too much that they have to stick them in lockers
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:36   Link #1236
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Haru's terrified expression + rape = Nao being a futanari (hermaphrodite). LOL That would be rather unexpected and make a very interesting sex scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess
Sora spent most of the time being jealous that Haruka was 100% obsessing over Nao, and Haruka spent his time 100% obsessing over Nao. I mean where exactly do we go from here?
I expect to see Sora wanting to teach Nao a lesson by tossing those yellow floats at her while Nao is swimming. A fun game of dodgeball, if you will.
Old 2010-11-17, 16:37   Link #1237
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
But still, thats a little too much that they have to stick them in lockers

How the heck did they manage that anyway? THere must be an opening on top of the locker...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:51   Link #1238
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Um, just out of curiosity, as even without texts it’s obvious that it’s a hate message (yandere is just a hop, skip and a jump from there ), but what does the phrase she’s typing actually means anyway?
Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao Annoying Nao

Like that. (But unlike bored/angry/tense Sora, I used copy-paste. )
Old 2010-11-17, 16:52   Link #1239
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
The way the next episode is viewing, it seems like Sora is going to take a big step to doing something against Nao and Haru getting together. Go Sora??
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:57   Link #1240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Because, even though I know better, I still can’t shake off my double standard, as I know for sure that if the gender is reversed, I’ll have a much stronger reaction…Ahhh, it’s not easy, really.
I feel the same. I have to admit that if Nao and Haru's role in this scene had been reversed, I would have probably resented Haru a bit more than I resent Nao right now. It's not easy to remain completely objective on this matter. At least, unlike a lot of people, I acknowledge it is possible for a male to be raped by a female.

Quote:
菜緒うざい = Nao uzai = Nao's annoying/Nao's an eyesore.

Quote:
Sadly, the class rep is not getting a route, just like in the original eroge. It’s too bad, I kinda like her. I wonder if it’s possible that she’ll get something in the DVD extras? If I’m not wrong, she along with the redheaded maid friend also got a fandisk with their own route…
You're correct. I just find it weird she's completely disappeared. She can still get some screentime even if the arc doesn't focus on her. Even Ryohei has appeared more than her...

Quote:
I think the biggest factor here is of course, the fact that this isn’t just Nao route but she shared it with Sora. So, no matter what she’ll be having her brother just having sex not just back then, but recently as well. One thing for sure, drama will ensue, as there’s no way Sora will back down quietly like she did the previous two routes this time. Hmm, let’s see how it goes then.
There should be a lot more drama that in the previous arcs. I'm very curious to see how Haru and Nao will get Sora to accept their relationship. It's going to be tough but I'm sure everything will end with Nao and Sora making up (it seems like they were good friends in the past, she's holding Nao's hand instead of Haru in the OP - that means a lot)

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation