AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 03:19   Link #1521
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
actually, Nao had a longer sex scene last ep. i'm actually going start watching amagami again with this arc. hopefully the two arcs will be excellent.
I'm staring Amagami again too, I tried and skipped the previous three arcs, but this arc seems to be interesting at least.

Anyways, nothing to say about Noa arc, I admit I skipped this last episode here and there, but Sora wearing yukata was the best part. I love when characters change their looking once in a while, like in Zakuro when they dressed with western clothes
About the preview I don't know If I got it right, usually I don't pay to much attention on previews, but
Spoiler for preview:
Arya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:20   Link #1522
Kamonichan

Really glad they're finally getting to Sora's arc. Been waiting for this one the entire series.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 05:31   Link #1523
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
is sora arc going on from the ending of Nao's?
Well apparently *everything* that happened before the upcoming Sora route was "all just a dream". Which tbh is frighteningly lol-worthy if you take that as evidence Haru is so sexed up he dreams of nailing every major chick in the place technically with the exception of the maid and the rep, but they don't really count. Oh and Sora, cos that's not gonna be a dream. Heh.

*wipes nose*
Old 2010-12-02, 05:40   Link #1524
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regarding Episode 9 in general... it occurs to me now that this episode would make a lot more sense if you switched a few roles around. It plays out exactly like Haruka is Sora's father who recently got remarried to Nao, and Sora is worried that her daddy loves her new mom more than he loves her. Haruka spent the whole episode trying to be a "father figure" to Sora (since she was acting like a child), but it's just kind of awkward. Nao spent the whole episode playing the adoptive mom role and trying to not be hated by Sora, who still has memories of her real mother (ref: the bunny). Thanks to, I guess, mostly Nao's ability to not just freeze up in an emergency situation, she manages to convince Sora that she's not a bad person after all. Sora decides it's okay for Haruka to love her, because maybe Sora doesn't hate Nao after all. Sora accepts her new adoptive mother and they all live as a happy family.

...Except not. Sora is acting childishly, but she's not actually a child -- she shouldn't reason like a child. Haruka isn't Sora's father, he's her brother, so even though he may feel he needs to play that role since they've lost their parents, how is Sora supposed to understand that? Nao's really the only one whose behaviour makes sense simply because she keeps picking the best answer in each circumstance; she doesn't have to do much other than "be there" and "be reasonable", which is more than either Sora or Haruka were doing.

So basically, even though this was the last episode of Nao's arc, it really didn't have much to do with Nao at all. The main things it accomplished were make Sora look extra childish, and make Haru look mildly incompetent/inept at dealing with her. But the takeaway is certainly "Nao's not a bad person"; she has restored her original place as the "big sister" to both of them. Except that she's dating one of them.

It seems to me that, at least as far as the anime is concerned, the main purpose of Nao's arc is to set the stage for Sora's arc. But I'm sort of hoping that the original writer will return to pen the the remaining episodes (which is likely) and that they'll be able to stick a bit more closely to the game script.

Spoiler for Nao's arc; Comparison to the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
About the preview I don't know If I got it right, usually I don't pay to much attention on previews, but
Spoiler for preview:
Nah, it's returning to the end of Episode 7. You may recall that episode ended with Haruka kissing Nao, which is what Sora is referring to as his "affair". We'll see where they go from here...
Old 2010-12-02, 05:49   Link #1525
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The setup to Nao and Sora's eventual patching of their friendship felt rather contrived, almost deux ex machina like, although you do expect lightning in such a storm. In between that and the festival it felt like a lot of stuff was skipped when things just accelerated from that rainy confrontation to them having a renewed if tenuous friendship.

I find it strange personally when the previous arcs reeled in the angst and the drama, to mostly effective use if lacking in a sense of urgency, yet this arc felt like it skipped most of it by resolving Nao's issues with her guilty conscience and focusing on Sora's resistance to their relationship that gave way and conceded with what looked like relatively little effort.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 07:51   Link #1526
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
Which is why I never bothered. I rely on reviews for this series.
Experiencing something by proxy is not the same as actually experiencing it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 08:02   Link #1527
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Gah, I'm a bit late in following this. So, that's the end of Nao's arc...I agree, it does feel rather contrived. I suppose the main theme of Nao's arc is her redemption, and how to forgive and accept her especially from Sora. To that end, I think they're rather successful, but still I can't say this is my favourite arc. I don't really hate Nao or anything anymore, but I can't say I really like her either. Although, considering Nao's arc doesn't really revolve that much around as it is the Kasugano siblings, perhaps they are the reason I'm not such a huge fan of this arc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding Episode 9 in general... it occurs to me now that this episode would make a lot more sense if you switched a few roles around. It plays out exactly like Haruka is Sora's father who recently got remarried to Nao, and Sora is worried that her daddy loves her new mom more than he loves her. Haruka spent the whole episode trying to be a "father figure" to Sora (since she was acting like a child), but it's just kind of awkward. Nao spent the whole episode playing the adoptive mom role and trying to not be hated by Sora, who still has memories of her real mother (ref: the bunny). Thanks to, I guess, mostly Nao's ability to not just freeze up in an emergency situation, she manages to convince Sora that she's not a bad person after all. Sora decides it's okay for Haruka to love her, because maybe Sora doesn't hate Nao after all. Sora accepts her new adoptive mother and they all live as a happy family.
Ah yes, thank you very much, now I know why this reminds of something, it's exactly that as you say. Which, considering the twincest thing, somehow makes it a bit more creepier for me...

Quote:
It seems to me that, at least as far as the anime is concerned, the main purpose of Nao's arc is to set the stage for Sora's arc. But I'm sort of hoping that the original writer will return to pen the the remaining episodes (which is likely) and that they'll be able to stick a bit more closely to the game script.

Wow, many thanks for the comparison to the game scenario. I really much prefer the one in the game, I'm not happy with the anime changes although I agree with you that it seems they're mainly using this arc in order to tie in into the upcoming Sora arc, which can be considered the main official route in a way.
Old 2010-12-02, 08:37   Link #1528
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Damn, I think I got addicted to the op/ed songs that I actually took the time to listen to them. xD
me too, i love those songs.... i have on my mp3..

Nao's sex scene: i'm sure that the director made it short because most of the times in that episode, Sora eats mostly of time

can't wait to see Sora in ero scene. if they do, i'm gonna die happily

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 08:55   Link #1529
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Spoiler for Episode 9 question:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:06   Link #1530
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
It's 36 degrees Celsius, not Farenheit. And that temp is normal in the morning.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:13   Link #1531
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I forgot that Japan uses Celcius, not Fahrenheit. Thanks for informing though.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:19   Link #1532
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
New Megami:

Spoiler for NSFW Akira & Kazuha:
Dammmnn... that is awesome. (Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I figured it's content deemed it worthy of revival).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Haru to Motoka: "Do you mind if I say what I've always wanted to tell you? I'm younger than you, unreliable, unemployed, and have no stable income."

Once again, the omake is the best part of the entire show. Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion to Mokota's tale next arc.
I laughed at how he waited to sleep with her to bring it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Now I know why I dislike Nao so much. Nao turns Haruka in a guy who thinks with his lower head instead of his upper. He is thoughtless, cruel, and insensitive to his only remaining family. Sora has her flaws as well, but at least she is understandable. Nao is always hesitant and running away, which in turns makes Haruka foolish as well, as he always wants more tail.
It's those breasts... those lovely, curved, and generous breasts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
That or the trees. That's what I was thinking. Also. How long did it take Nao to retrieve the bunny from the back of a shelter maybe two paces deep?
That scene made me wonder why the lightning hit the lowest object. And she really did take a long time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so yeah, i was like, they're totally going to have yukata sex. haha.
Haha, once I saw the festival scene I figured we'd have some yukata action too.

Quote:
One thing I would say is that one of the major themes of the anime's version of Nao's arc, that came through even more than the original game for me, is "she's suffered enough". Eventually, no matter how anyone feels about what happened in the past, I think we have to let her have her happiness. She essentially spent the entire arc "atoning" for her "sin" of being in love with Haruka. I don't think that necessarily makes everything she's ever done right and blameless... but I do think she's suffered enough. We should forgive her.

As for Sora... she was sick all her childhood, lost both her parents, and she felt like she was losing her only remaining family member to a girl who she once thought of as her friend. Even if her actions were unreasonable, I think we're supposed to forgive her too.

I don't think there are any villains in this anime.
There definitely are no villains. All of the characters have their reasons for doing something, and we are shown those reasons. There are no mysteries as to why act the way they do. Sure, you may not approve of it, but people act differently when it comes to stuff like this, especially when they are young teenagers. I sure do forgive them.

Quote:
Spoiler for Nao's last sex scene:
Is it wrong that I was expecting to see them sway back and forth a little?

But that scene was horribly placed. It was abrupt and had no reason. All the other scenes had some meaning behind them, this had none. "My sister approves so let's not wait and head into the forest," come on now. They could have at least shown them walking home holding hands and then doing it in the backyard, still in her yukata.

Quote:
Likely? Boy I hope you are right.
Quote:
What? Are you serious? Ugh... I mean, the changes aren't horrible and they worked but the game sounds far better. I wish we had more time, that's probably why they changed it. At least they kept many of the themes.
Quote:
You're going to kick yourself for this but that's Fahrenheit. Japan (and everyone other than the US) uses Celsius for temperature. Never mind, took me too long to write everything else and it was addressed already, lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 13:15   Link #1533
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the comparison. The anime screwed this arc up quite a bit this time. The plot and the characters' behaviors make a lot more sense in the game. I think I might even have liked Nao if they had explained all that. Oh well.

Spoiler for Just to be safe...:
Old 2010-12-02, 13:59   Link #1534
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, the anime makes Sora out to be more of a spoiled child than anything compared to the game; everyone doting on her before because of her illness and all, but now having to realize that she's not the center of the universe when Haru starts to go out and try to live his own life beyond just her, and throws a stubborn tantrum about it pretty much...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 14:44   Link #1535
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

For those expecting lots of ero scenes with Sora, I think they'll keep you all in suspense by fitting it in the final episode.
Old 2010-12-02, 16:55   Link #1536
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Running out of the hut like a headless hen, Sora forgot her rabbit in the hut, which is about to be burnt up. Nao then risk her life to save that stupid plush rabbit. The huge map on the hut falls down, blocking the exit, and what does Sora do? *Nothing*. She doesn't think something like "She's risking her life by saving my plush rabbit from the fire, let's quickly remove that map so she can get out!" which anyone who is at least still remotely sane would think. No, she more likely thinks something like "Let the witch burn, all the better for it!" and does nothing at all! If Nao wouldn't have been able to mobilise her last reserves and kick that map away, she would've burned to death - just because of Sora's unwillingness to help her out of the burning hut!

After Nao finally made it out of that hut, by her own effort alone, and collapses, Sora seems to feel ashamed of herself that she thought "Let the witch burn" just before, and decides to finally make up with Nao - that was really high noon.
At this point I half-expected Sora to pull a Hoshi on poor Nao - spit on her, kick her when she was down, and scream "Die in a fire!" at her. But it was high noon.
Quote:
- Sora not only saw what had gone on, but she told her family about what she saw, and they talked to Nao's parents. It was considered a shameful thing; they all knew about it, but never talked about it with Haruka. (Haruka didn't know that Sora and everyone else knew, and Nao didn't know that Sora knew, but their families all knew about it.)
We should know by now that these guys don't miss a trick. This is the tearful family conference from the ED:
Old 2010-12-02, 16:57   Link #1537
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I always got a sad feeling for Sora when I come to that part in the ending, I never knew why it happened though (meaning I don't know what caused Sora to be so sad)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 17:17   Link #1538
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
At this point I half-expected Sora to pull a Hoshi on poor Nao - spit on her, kick her when she was down, and scream "Die in a fire!" at her. But it was high noon.
No, and incidentally the quoted interpretation of that scene is false. The first thing she looked at when the incident happened wasn't her bunny, but Nao. And then she saw Nao was looking in the shack and she thought of her bunny, and ran towards it when Nao took her place. Sora was scared, and contrary to the "die in a fire!" insinuation, she actually started calling "Nao-cha..." before Nao managed to free herself. "Nao-chan" is what Sora called her in the past when they were friends. So I would argue that the "Sora was vindictive and still wanted Nao dead" interpretation is just plainly incorrect. They showed nothing of the sort in that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
We should know by now that these guys don't miss a trick. This is the tearful family conference from the ED
No, no. That's the relatives gathering after Sora and Haruka's parents died. (You can tell because their parents aren't there; we saw them in other pictures.) Plus that also happened in the city not in the country. Plus, as I said, Haruka didn't know that Sora or anyone else knew; he thought it was a secret between him and Nao. So no, that's not at all related to Nao.
Old 2010-12-02, 17:39   Link #1539
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
For those expecting lots of ero scenes with Sora, I think they'll keep you all in suspense by fitting it in the final episode.
i hope not!
everyone is waiting for Sora's arc., maybe the sex scene trend of each character may increase (if possibly...), just like Kazuha=1, Akira=2 and Nao=3 in the previous episodes.

EDIT: about that ED pic, maybe there's a story to tell why Sora became what she is now..
What scene will be restart in episode 10? or just continued from their shared story arc with Nao..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 17:46   Link #1540
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
i hope not!
everyone is waiting for Sora's arc., maybe the sex scene trend of each character may increase (if possibly...), just like Kazuha=1, Akira=2 and Nao=3 in the previous episodes.

EDIT: about that ED pic, maybe there's a story to tell why Sora became what she is now..
What scene will be restart in episode 10? or just continued from their shared story arc with Nao..
I think those were just depending on the character development, and just happened to be in order. Kazuha was a cautious person who mainly cared for Akira, and dint understand her feelings for Haru until the final moment. While Akira has been in the one-sided love with Haru ever since, so the possible sex scenes were a little ahead of Kazuha. While Nao was regretting all the things she ever did to Haru, but when Haru confirms that it was ok, then the rape scene becomes a supernatural explosion into alot of sex scenes...

Quote:
No, no. That's the relatives gathering after Sora and Haruka's parents died. (You can tell because their parents aren't there; we saw them in other pictures.) Plus that also happened in the city not in the country. Plus, as I said, Haruka didn't know that Sora or anyone else knew; he thought it was a secret between him and Nao. So no, that's not at all related to Nao.
Is that so? I always thought she was crying after witnessing Nao rape Haru (since they did show the scene of her watching them going all out) I suspected that she would be crying in that scene for the reason when I found out that she saw them.. But then again, I've never had a clear look on Haru and Sora's parents so I couldn't tell..
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation