AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 77 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 18.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 05:27   Link #181
Seitsuki
Onee!

I just remember hearing Yuri being all "the next knife is for your throat!~♪" then I though " D: noo not mah Kanade" then it went too psychological on me
Old 2010-05-24, 06:26   Link #182
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Lelouch: Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... go and comfort that little girl and kill yourself.
Oyama: Yes, your highness!
Oyama: I'm going to make you la- *STAB*
Still loving my chibi brocon Naoi.
Old 2010-05-24, 16:04   Link #183
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Yuri showed her true self again this ep.. torturing that Tenshi clone..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-24, 16:28   Link #184
KanadeYuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Well, all the other clones, who are exactly the same, killed all of her friends... you can't say she doesn't have a reason.
Old 2010-05-24, 21:21   Link #185
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanadeYuri View Post
Well, all the other clones, who are exactly the same, killed all of her friends... you can't say she doesn't have a reason.
I don't really think of Yuri as a bully, I also think that she was doing it for the sake of her friends.

But in one of the last parts in the episode where Kanade struggles as all of her clones are fusing inside her, Yuri must have known that it'll happen to her. But since there are no other options, Yuri just stood there quiet.
Old 2010-05-24, 21:42   Link #186
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEZ1n7 View Post
I don't really think of Yuri as a bully, I also think that she was doing it for the sake of her friends.

But in one of the last parts in the episode where Kanade struggles as all of her clones are fusing inside her, Yuri must have known that it'll happen to her. But since there are no other options, Yuri just stood there quiet.
She was streching after the fight. Yuri and the rest of the SSS does not even know what happen yet so far only Yuzuru knows because Evil Tenshi told him
Old 2010-05-25, 00:54   Link #187
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
I really wished that was what happened there....

Then the next time they encounter, Kanede will be blushing and call Yuri "Yuri-sama"

That's just my fantasy btw, it didn't happen in ep 8
Old 2010-05-25, 01:27   Link #188
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
That's not really it... nobody cares about death in that world. She's concerned because the Evil Tenshi Army is entirely out of her hands and impossible for the battlefront to suppress, and will eventually succeed in making them be model students and pay attention in class, and then they would disappear.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:30   Link #189
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
I think we're jumping the gun on Yuri a bit, I'm partially convinced that the Clones let Yuri do the alterations so that they accomplish what they set out to do: that was to corrupt Kanade, now to what extent, I don't know.

I'm already thinking if the kind of consolidation of data within Kanade is a type of compression, they would have to let the clones use Harmonics again to retrieve that one specific Kanade encapsuled with the many other clones.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:56   Link #190
Velsy

At first, I wasnt too sure with Yurippe playing with the system and snooping around was all that of a good idea. But! after thinking lots on it. I dont think Yurippe did anything bad... After all, her actions avoided a Skynet. They got pretty lucky the cloning process was disabled early. I personally think Yurippe did good. They were tossing up numbers from 2, 3 ,5 20. I at the time was thinking numbers reaching into the 3 digets. Give it some time maybe 4 .

I believe Yurippe did the right call, I just hope the machines wont take over Tenshi mind. now that she has a dozen personalities or so. Still not very sure how a made up AI is going to take over from a soul.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-25, 02:04   Link #191
Knightrunner

Yep, good thing Yurippe reacted right away in the situation instead of waiting. Yurippe also express that she hope it will be there final mission so she had good intentions. I think Tenshi will be alright in the end. She may feel a bit violent or maybe depress but she will get over it. I don't think 20 clones can alter the experiences that the original Tenshi had. If they would have waited and the other Tenshi started experiencing more days and emotion then Tenshi would have been damage more.
Old 2010-05-25, 03:48   Link #192
KanadeYuri

Even though Yuri is the leader of SSS, she's not really that smart to think her actions through. I really don't think she knew what it will do to Kanade, she doesn't know what the clone said to Otonashi, she doesn't know anything. But she's cute! XD

Maybe the clones wouldn't make Kanade bad, just erase her memory or something like that. it will be very hard to deal with an evil real Kanade you can't kill XD
Old 2010-05-25, 04:00   Link #193
Knightrunner

Quote:
Even though Yuri is the leader of SSS, she's not really that smart to think her actions through. I really don't think she knew what it will do to Kanade, she doesn't know what the clone said to Otonashi, she doesn't know anything. But she's cute! XD

Maybe the clones wouldn't make Kanade bad, just erase her memory or something like that. it will be very hard to deal with an evil real Kanade you can't kill XD
Out of the group she takes the initative and is one of the intelligant ones. I don't see how she would know what would happen to Kanade and I don't expect Yuri to have super hearing powers to listen to what the clone said to Otonashi.

NONE of the characteres forsee the effects on Tenshi and all of them are willing to risk there lives the help Tenshi.

Yurippe produce results and I can hardly blame her for not seeing this outcome. Maybe if she had an extra day or two that might of crossed her mind but they don't. The group had to react now and then or the evil Tenshi will increase powers and will run the school.
Old 2010-05-25, 09:26   Link #194
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Was it stated somewhere that using Harmonics was something that could only be done once per a certain time period? If not, all the talk about Yuri reacting quickly is entirely beside the point, as the clones could have amassed an army any time and the only reason they didn't was out of plot convenience. The whole way the clones were defeated could not have been meant seriously, the convenience factor was off the scale.
Old 2010-05-25, 09:55   Link #195
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The fact it wasn't stated doesn't mean there wasn't any limit.
Kanade stated "if it is once, it is alright". Which means Harmonics takes a toll on her, ressource wise.
If it takes up some ressource, by extension, there is nothing that demonstrates there isn't any cooldown.

There is no way to prove there wasn't a limit (time to advocate devil's proof I guess...?), therefore, it is sort of moot to claim this is a convenient part, when there isn't even any indication it could be done like that.
Convenient parts were the absence of Takeyama and the lack of struggle for the last clones before Yuri's showdown.
Old 2010-05-25, 11:21   Link #196
Haak
Forever Alone...

Lol, Clone Wars. I just got that. XD
Old 2010-05-25, 11:34   Link #197
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The fact it wasn't stated doesn't mean there wasn't any limit.
Kanade stated "if it is once, it is alright". Which means Harmonics takes a toll on her, ressource wise.
If it takes up some ressource, by extension, there is nothing that demonstrates there isn't any cooldown.

There is no way to prove there wasn't a limit (time to advocate devil's proof I guess...?), therefore, it is sort of moot to claim this is a convenient part, when there isn't even any indication it could be done like that.
Convenient parts were the absence of Takeyama and the lack of struggle for the last clones before Yuri's showdown.
Why can't I assume it could be done when there's no clear indication to the contrary? Kanade was hardly in top shape when she said that. When she used it to slice the fish, there didn't seem to be any obvious negative effect on her. It's pretty clear that they wanted to have just the right amount of clones, and the convenience of that was striking even if I were to assume Harmonics limits existed. And what gave you the impression that I claimed this part in particular was conveninent and omitted the (many) other aspects? I thought the words "the whole way" were pretty inclusive. Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable ride, but make sense it did not; which is also why I don't see a reason to give Yuri a huge amount of credit for simply navigating the plot that was made pretty convenient for her.
Old 2010-05-25, 11:53   Link #198
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Because there isn't any indication to sustain as well the fact there is "no limit". As much there wasn't any proper evidence that there was condition and restriction, likewise, there isn't anything that prove it was totally limitless.

"No obvious negative effect" isn't a fact. For one, we didn't clearly see Kanade right after the clone creation. Furthermore, Kanade is shown to be quite sturdy and unmovable, unless -really- damaged/exhausted. Despite being assaulted all the way in previous episodes or when she was actually shot by Yuzuru, she didn't display any "damage" despite there was.
If it was really limitless, how her condition would have any impact on creating a clone? That comment alone confirms that the process does has a certain impact on her. Therefore, if it is affecting her ressource, there is nothing that say otherwise it can be spammed.

Albeit I might try to play the devil advocate here: we do not know if there were that much of clones. Considering how big the guild vault is, there could be even like 30-40 of them. However, I won't deny that the "one by one" presentation wasn't anything coincidental, though another emphasis on the "last chapter shounen style" cliché.

I won't question how the presentation was, but I'm not convinced that the whole "clone system" was conveniently tuned, considering there isn't any evidence in that regard.
By this extension, I personally don't see how it was "convenient" for Yuri, when both points aren't exactly related (except it prevented SSS to get massively slaughtered if the process wasn't halted).
Old 2010-05-25, 13:47   Link #199
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Because there isn't any indication to sustain as well the fact there is "no limit". As much there wasn't any proper evidence that there was condition and restriction, likewise, there isn't anything that prove it was totally limitless.
If you can assume limits without definite proof, I can assume "no (significant) limits" without definite proof. Either show that my assumption is invalid or let me have it. I never claimed of intended to prove that it was the only possibility, if that's your concern. But "it takes a toll" doesn't mean it can't be repeated at a high rate when the user isn't hurt, and the clones weren't.

Quote:
"No obvious negative effect" isn't a fact.
I think "no obvious negative effect" is pretty close to fact when we weren't shown there was any. "No negative effect" isn't a fact, and I never claimed that.
Old 2010-05-25, 14:59   Link #200
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Is it possible that one of the negative results of using Harmonics with that many clones could be personality change in her. They mentioned that all the clones were pretty much blood thirsty. I dont think her core personality could be overwritten but an altered mental state could occur. Tenshi mentioned "once" was ok but did she really have an idea how many clones there were? She was already weak so the sudden joining of so many negative personality could changer her given her weakened state.