AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 77 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 18.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-25, 21:33   Link #201
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Is it possible that one of the negative results of using Harmonics with that many clones could be personality change in her. They mentioned that all the clones were pretty much blood thirsty. I dont think her core personality could be overwritten but an altered mental state could occur. Tenshi mentioned "once" was ok but did she really have an idea how many clones there were? She was already weak so the sudden joining of so many negative personality could changer her given her weakened state.
When she said once was ok, she was referring to the number of times she could use Harmonics, so that doesn't really relate to the number of clones, since she didn't know how many clones there were, if she even knew that the clones were clones.

I do agree with you about the sudden rejoining of so much negative emotion having an impact on how we will next see Kanade. I think she will return and be much more in touch with her emotions.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 00:41   Link #202
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Got done watching it, and Wow, what a cliffhanger. I hope Kanade doesn't change. I loved the death's, too. TK's was the funniest. Shiina's was funny, too. Overall this was a solid episode. I give it an 8/10.
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 10:50   Link #203
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Tachibana Kanade: the only girl that comes with a friggin instruction manual
It was a fun episode, somehow I'm very little interested in what appears to be the "main plot" and more just watching for the laughs (which are plenty, hypno-suicide was hilarious). For the sake of drama, I expect Kanade to kill Otonashi and regret it later (he won't really die anyway). As for the next episodes, it would be good to explore her as a character, and why she has so much bloodlust crammed in her, previous life and the whole package.
__________________
Kafriel is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 12:45   Link #204
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Kanade x Otonashi in the end is all that matters for me. Hopefully things can get resolved with all that bloodlust inside her now.
__________________
Freya is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 14:02   Link #205
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Got done watching it, and Wow, what a cliffhanger. I hope Kanade doesn't change. I loved the death's, too. TK's was the funniest. Shiina's was funny, too. Overall this was a solid episode. I give it an 8/10.
That's NOT going to happen. Kanade is going to change, how much we dont know.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 16:21   Link #206
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
That's NOT going to happen. Kanade is going to change, how much we dont know.
True, but by "change", I meant in a major sense. Like Kanade becoming a foe to the SSS again. I know she's going to change somewhat.
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 16:27   Link #207
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Tachibana Kanade: the only girl that comes with a friggin instruction manual
It was a fun episode, somehow I'm very little interested in what appears to be the "main plot" and more just watching for the laughs (which are plenty, hypno-suicide was hilarious). For the sake of drama, I expect Kanade to kill Otonashi and regret it later (he won't really die anyway). As for the next episodes, it would be good to explore her as a character, and why she has so much bloodlust crammed in her, previous life and the whole package.
i wish every girl dies

anyway, after thinking about it, I think Otanashi blew it. He should have lure away all the clones with a Mapo tofu feast first then go under the guild.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 21:51   Link #208
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanadeYuri View Post
Even though Yuri is the leader of SSS, she's not really that smart to think her actions through. I really don't think she knew what it will do to Kanade, she doesn't know what the clone said to Otonashi, she doesn't know anything. But she's cute! XD

Maybe the clones wouldn't make Kanade bad, just erase her memory or something like that. it will be very hard to deal with an evil real Kanade you can't kill XD
You missed what I said.... If Yurippe didnt do anything and waited. The clones would of massed an army. You are talking about 100's, 1000's. Who knows. Thats why I refered to them as a Skynet. They then would seize control of the world and the only resistance to stop them would have to be the SSS. If the SSS fall, specualting this happens. God himself you'd think would have to declare Matial Law. Maybe have real arch angels deployed to combat the threat or even worsest, noone comes to help O_o. This is just worse case scenario speculation.

The clones were breeding an army! Yurippe actions prevented it from being what I just said. That inititive saved them all. But they still had to fight the ones in the guild (as watching the episode). Think about if there were maybe 20 more. How much harder would that of been.

Honestly ? the fault what happens to Tenshi lies within herself. When she created Harmonics, she didn't have the foresight to see how her skill would go renagrade. To know it would split off and trying creating a Skynet. Its not Karma, but a simple mistake or oversight on her behalf. Yurippe was the one who added a rule for the clones to return to its original body. Plus in the end, the SSS actually cleaned the mess up.

You can merly say, it's the price Tenshi will have to pay for her mistake. Creating a clone ability (Harmonics) might turn out to be costly mistake. We will get to see next episode how costly it really will be.
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2010-05-26 at 22:12.
Velsy is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 22:02   Link #209
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
True, but by "change", I meant in a major sense. Like Kanade becoming a foe to the SSS again. I know she's going to change somewhat.
Kanade was never really a foe to the SSS. The only reason she's getting cozy with them now is due to the SSS's views of her changing, thanks to Otonashi. As of now, Kanade hasn't changed in the slightest; like Otonashi said, she never attacked the SSS, and she only used her defense skills to deflect the SSS's bullets. The only time that Kanade directly challenged the SSS was when she challenged them to a baseball game; it was a challenge, but a friendly one.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-05-26 at 22:19.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 22:18   Link #210
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Kanade was never really a foe to the SSS. The only reason she's getting cozy with them now is due to the SSS's vies of her changing, thanks to Otonashi. As of now, Kanade hasn't changed in the slightest; like Otonashi said, she never attacked the SSS, and she only used her defense skills to deflect the SSS's bullets. The only time that Kanade directly challenged the SSS was when she challenged them to a baseball game; it was a challenge, but a friendly one.
Oh, duh, my mistake, it's been one of those days for me . But what if she gets some of the aggressiveness from the clones? That is what I was alluding to. If she does become more aggressive due to her clones, then I think she'll attack the SSS. I guess we'll wait and see...
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 22:20   Link #211
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Oh, duh, my mistake, it's been one of those days for me . But what if she gets some of the aggressiveness from the clones? That is what I was alluding to. If she does become more aggressive due to her clones, then I think she'll attack the SSS. I guess we'll wait and see...
In that case, yes, we will wait and see.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 22:21   Link #212
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Oh, duh, my mistake, it's been one of those days for me . But what if she gets some of the aggressiveness from the clones? That is what I was alluding to. If she does become more aggressive due to her clones, then I think she'll attack the SSS. I guess we'll wait and see...
But she still follows the protocol if "attacking" them if they break the rules?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline  
Old 2010-05-26, 22:27   Link #213
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But she still follows the protocol if "attacking" them if they break the rules?
I think that could change, though. The clones attacked the SSS unprovoked. Kanade is merging with all of the clones that didn't follow that protocal. I would say there's a chance of her not following that protocal after this is all done with. You said yourself that there's no way she's going to get through this unchanged.
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 03:26   Link #214
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waianae, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Kanade x Otonashi in the end is all that matters for me. Hopefully things can get resolved with all that bloodlust inside her now.
I agree. It would be an interesting love story between those two, especially with that absorption with the evil Tenshi Clones
__________________
Archangel Roy is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 07:52   Link #215
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I think that could change, though. The clones attacked the SSS unprovoked. Kanade is merging with all of the clones that didn't follow that protocal. I would say there's a chance of her not following that protocal after this is all done with. You said yourself that there's no way she's going to get through this unchanged.

ACtually, the clones were following that protocol. (or at least that's what Yuri said) and going by Tenshi's "Playing outside at night. This calls for punishment." so going outside at night is against school rules.

Well, Kanade was following the protocol ONLY if necessary. But the clones are fully following it, otherwise wouldn't the clones attack SSS while they are in the classrooms?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 13:24   Link #216
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
ACtually, the clones were following that protocol. (or at least that's what Yuri said) and going by Tenshi's "Playing outside at night. This calls for punishment." so going outside at night is against school rules.

Well, Kanade was following the protocol ONLY if necessary. But the clones are fully following it, otherwise wouldn't the clones attack SSS while they are in the classrooms?
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up . I think that Kanade will pick up some of the clones' Nazi-strict interpretation of the protocal. Meaning she's going to be more, for lack of a better word, anal about the protocal, but not as strict as the clones.

I personally think there's no way we're going to see a passive Kanade anymore.
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 13:26   Link #217
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up . I think that Kanade will pick up some of the clones' Nazi-strict interpretation of the protocal. Meaning she's going to be more, for lack of a better word, anal about the protocal, but not as strict as the clones.

I personally think there's no way we're going to see a passive Kanade anymore.
i hoping for a bi-polar Kanade

one minute she is the same quiet little girl next she is ranting and scream and telling SSS to step on cat-shit
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 23:07   Link #218
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i hoping for a bi-polar Kanade

one minute she is the same quiet little girl next she is ranting and scream and telling SSS to step on cat-shit
Like Akane from Kampfer?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline  
Old 2010-05-27, 23:30   Link #219
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
a reoccurring theme i find on this forum is people neg repping for alternate points of view. grow a pair and explain why you disagree. until there's clear evidence showing otherwise, i'll continue to think and speak based on Yuri is manipulating everyone there because of her inability to face what happened to her.

also, i don't think it'll be a swapping personality type thing, but rather a fight inside her to see which will be the dominant personality.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 00:51   Link #220
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
a reoccurring theme i find on this forum is people neg repping for alternate points of view. grow a pair and explain why you disagree. until there's clear evidence showing otherwise, i'll continue to think and speak based on Yuri is manipulating everyone there because of her inability to face what happened to her.

also, i don't think it'll be a swapping personality type thing, but rather a fight inside her to see which will be the dominant personality.
What evidences or hunches are you going by Yuri manipulating everyone there? And what is she manipulating them for?

All I see is a person that is uniting them towards a goal or a purpose. It does not show anybody wanting to disappear or leave her SSS group and majority of the group members seem find to have Yuri as the leader.

Yuri even states to Yuzuru that she hopes that this will be there final mission so I do not see any manipulation in her action and words. She honestly wanted to help Kanade since she does really have a grudge against her.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.