AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 77 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 18.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-22, 12:53   Link #101
skyy54264

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMaximilianMaximus View Post
I take it Tenshi will be able to show some expressions now after this episode.

That's it, if she's OK. Knowing this is by Key however, she may not.
Clannad and Kanon both has happy endings... unless they go and pull an AIR again. So far, Angel Beats has been mostly a dramatic comedy, unlike Clannad which is a comedic drama.
Old 2010-05-22, 12:54   Link #102
maplehurry

How do they manage to pin Tenshi down ? I thought she got monster strength.
Old 2010-05-22, 12:55   Link #103
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I can't believe I only realised Takeyama was missing after reading the comments. So thats why I thought it felt odd when Yuri was messing with Kanade's program. takeyama needing to walk back after being sent flying last week makes perfect sense too. Poor Kanade, being forced to assimilate with her evil clones. Yuri should have took time to go through the manual, or at least on the parts involving the skills she was messing around with. Maybe she did and just didn't care about Kanade's well being. I'll go with that.
Actually, after making my initial statement, somebody pointed out that Takeyama was helping serve fish. So why didn't he help out this episode, besides the fact that he's annoying and I don't want to see him?
Old 2010-05-22, 12:58   Link #104
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Yuri being *** again not caring about Kanade getting hurt. she may acknowledged Kanade as a human like them, but it doesn't mean she can't make her punch bag again.
How is Yuri suppose to know that all the emotions and conciousness of the blood thirsty Kanade wll damage her? Nobody in the SSS expected this and Yuzu didn't exect this himself.

Even if Yurippe did know that the emotions will get into her she didn't know there will be 20 evil Kanade running around.
Old 2010-05-22, 13:19   Link #105
Antiscian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
But the frequencies is too often, its almost hard to believe its unintentional if you ask me
I'd actually have to say the way they treat deaths as slapstick comic relief is very intentional and very clever; an innovative form of morbid black humour to reinforce the show's themes.

Remember, the message of the show (As said by Maeda in an interview) is that 'life is precious'.
So while they're laying on the drama and hugging in the rain in fields of corpses and yelling about why you should treasure life, you've got an interesting contrast in how we're being made to laugh at the characters' deaths until we stop taking them seriously.
It makes us stop and think 'Wait, is it really right that I'm laughing at people dying?', and makes the recurrent theme that much more interesting. We, as the audience, slowly become conditioned to think 'It's no big deal' when someone dies, and if Maeda plays his cards right, that will make it hit all the more hard if said characters really do go away for good.
Old 2010-05-22, 13:36   Link #106
Uchiha Soul

Perfect ep .. so funny
poor Noda, always the first victim
TK is the best

Kanade skills and power maybe increase because of the merging if we consider she will be evil again and can use Harmonics, Howling, etc anytime .. it will be disaster and Otonashi will make it harder for his team to fight her .. but the worst is if she really become an evil but pretend the opposite.
Old 2010-05-22, 14:19   Link #107
rstrafford

Just a possibility to consider: when Kanade uses Harmonics at the end of the episode, the clone that came out seemed just a little amused about the backlash for Kanade. If the bloodthirsty clones that came from Kanade are just a little violent, isn't it possible that it was in Kanade all along? Kanade is dangerous for a reason, and it's not unreasonable that just because she looks cute, that she's all that innocent.
Old 2010-05-22, 14:34   Link #108
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrafford View Post
Just a possibility to consider: when Kanade uses Harmonics at the end of the episode, the clone that came out seemed just a little amused about the backlash for Kanade. If the bloodthirsty clones that came from Kanade are just a little violent, isn't it possible that it was in Kanade all along? Kanade is dangerous for a reason, and it's not unreasonable that just because she looks cute, that she's all that innocent.
it is always the quiet ones
Old 2010-05-22, 18:19   Link #109
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Actually i think that's Angel's not Yuri's room, why would she have the Angel Player software on her computer? And if that really is her room she wouldn't be surprised to see the manual on her room
It is? How did Yuri get so easy access to it? Guess things changed around that. Doh >_< I really was expecting Yuri's room finally.
Old 2010-05-22, 18:30   Link #110
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
It is? How did Yuri get so easy access to it? Guess things changed around that. Doh >_< I really was expecting Yuri's room finally.
Kanade was in the hospital and the other Angels were in the Guild.

I thought of the possibility of the evil angel retaining dominance of the body when the harmonics skill was over before it even happened how is it none of them came to that prediction. But then again I am human and they are anime characters

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-05-22, 18:48   Link #111
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Probably busying walking back from wherever he landed after Kanade accidentally launched him.
I don't think Yuri needed Takeyama for hacking anyways since Tenshi never changed her settings from the first time they went since nothing seemed abnormal with her computer.....thing is they might do something incredible with Takeyama......since he looks to be the first person to be projected like that.....hoping for something like I found GOD's place or I know where all actually go when they disappear kind of thing but that's just hoping for some amazing development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Kanade was in the hospital and the other Angels were in the Guild.

I thought of the possibility of the evil angel retaining dominance of the body when the harmonics skill was over before it even happened how is it none of them came to that prediction. But then again I am human and they are anime characters
First thanks for heads up on the easy access...guess that proves how all went good. Second the evil clones most likely did not figure out the angel player nor of how to change its program other than inventing howling itself.
Old 2010-05-22, 18:50   Link #112
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The second I saw the sliding I thought of Dead Fantasy 2.

Also I looooove the starcraft jokes lol ._.

Yusa was in the episode but as usual she did not say anything. IRIE AND SEKINE STILL HAVE NOT.A.SINGLE.LINE.FOR.THE.WHOLE.EIGHT.EPISODES.

Yui was absolutely adorable.

Angel Bullies can probably add a lot of episodes after ep8 x.x
Old 2010-05-22, 18:57   Link #113
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
hoping for something like I found GOD's place or I know where all actually go when they disappear kind of thing[/b] but that's just hoping for some amazing development.
I really hope there doesn't turn out to be a Panoptichron Wall randomly strewn about in this story.
Old 2010-05-22, 19:01   Link #114
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Yusa was in the episode but as usual she did not say anything. IRIE AND SEKINE STILL HAVE NOT.A.SINGLE.LINE.FOR.THE.WHOLE.EIGHT.EPISODES.
I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by this. >__>;

Old 2010-05-22, 19:03   Link #115
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

I am going to bet that Kanade will now become a Tsundere.
Old 2010-05-22, 19:04   Link #116
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I really hope there doesn't turn out to be a Panoptichron Wall randomly strewn about in this story.
Anything is possible with this series since it's original and there is nothing to predict its course too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by this. >__>;
Count me in on this. There is yet a lot in the development for this. The way things are going I am predicting either major information crunch for the next episode or a second season.....would like better a second season of this.
Old 2010-05-22, 20:20   Link #117
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

moon walk -> head spin
Old 2010-05-22, 20:25   Link #118
OkamiNoKaze

Wow great epsisode, this show has killer cliffhangers ,this one is no exception. Yuri with glasses is quite cute. Also poor Yui and her epic slide fail. Naoi's "But not you" running gag is pretty funny.
Old 2010-05-22, 20:28   Link #119
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I am going to bet that Kanade will now become a Tsundere.
more likely bursts of Yandere when Otonashi isn't looking.

and i am nominating Yuri to the Anime Knife fighter Hall of Fame. The girl got skillz with a knife.
Old 2010-05-22, 20:42   Link #120
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
TK is the man. Need moar TK please.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Closed Thread