AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 77 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 18.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-22, 20:58   Link #121
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
I'm kinda wondering if the guard skills are just a class under a presumably hueg program.

Also, I think that Harmonics has a logical error, that Kanade was trying to debug, but she accidentally activated an instance of the function. I'm just dumbfounded that she didn't bother to just comment out the code from Harmonics, and recompiled the program, given if she's the programmer. Also, if it is indeed a program; why should yuri make the clones go back when she should just invoked the copies to be flushed.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-05-22 at 21:22.
Old 2010-05-22, 21:13   Link #122
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
TK is the man. Need moar TK please.
I agree with this but only due to his speech and style of moves like his dance ones and when he jumped towards evil Tenshi to sacrifice himself.
Old 2010-05-22, 21:38   Link #123
klare

round 2 of "everybody died until only Yuri and Otonashi remains", the way Yui died is funny and unexpected, same with the first guy to die again

it seems now the members noticed there is something between Otonashi and Kanade

so far all my predictions about this show have failed, but i still wanna predict next eps Kanade will become the SSS enemy again (trying to think out of the box...)
Old 2010-05-22, 22:41   Link #124
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I'm still loving Naoi's hypnosis ability. Him tricking Ooyama to sacrifice himself was almost as funny as the non-reaction everyone had to his own sacrifce. I'm actually glad they kept Naoi around!
Old 2010-05-22, 23:31   Link #125
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Why do I have the feeling that the clone just put the 'absorb' function in the whole class/object? 'absorb' wasn't one of the class/object's functions when Christ hacked the terminal.

So what are the chances that Kanade is actually the anomaly, not the other way around?
Old 2010-05-23, 00:13   Link #126
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Somehow... would there be a "Disappearance of Yurippe" (with a happy/sad/crying Tenshi) or a "Disappearance of Tenshi"?

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
Old 2010-05-23, 00:29   Link #127
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The second I saw the sliding I thought of Dead Fantasy 2.

Also I looooove the starcraft jokes lol ._.

Yusa was in the episode but as usual she did not say anything. IRIE AND SEKINE STILL HAVE NOT.A.SINGLE.LINE.FOR.THE.WHOLE.EIGHT.EPISODES.

Yui was absolutely adorable.

Angel Bullies can probably add a lot of episodes after ep8 x.x
Agree there. We need a whole episode about these three, seriously.... =/

I actually found the 'suicide restraint' joke funny. Especially how they poke fun at shounen-last-chapter cliche. But damn it, Yui still ruin Hinata's moment (and Noda has no chance to show his training)
Yuri shows the fighting ability of a leader. Her knife skill is also awesome indeed + her ability to outwit the opponent. She probably can beat Kanade in hand-to-hand combat once or twice before in their history of confrontation. Then we have the cliff-hanger with Kanede. She probably will turn out OK , but hopefully within next ep
Old 2010-05-23, 01:23   Link #128
skyy54264

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But damn it, Yui still ruin Hinata's moment.
I wouldn't say that. I am rooting for Yui to be the show's tsundere. She has been tsuntsun up until this point and when she exhibited deredere over Hinata's death, I cried tears of joy. She's shown quite a bit of deredere this episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-23, 01:35   Link #129
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyy54264 View Post
I wouldn't say that. I am rooting for Yui to be the show's tsundere. She has been tsuntsun up until this point and when she exhibited deredere over Hinata's death, I cried tears of joy. She's shown quite a bit of deredere this episode:

Spoiler:
I mean: instead of letting Hinata looks all cool with his sacrifice, Yui actually kicked him into his "death"
I will give Hinata to Yui as long as Yuri get Kanade. Otherwise the deal is off. Bring your battle ships along for the next shipping war

This episode confirm the likely chance that Yui is tsundere over Hinata through
Old 2010-05-23, 01:46   Link #130
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, with all these Starcraft and Angel beats analogies, I can't help but think that I feel the same way about Starcraft II and Angel Beats! Namely, extremely worried about them being rushed given their deadlines and wondering what the hell they have been thinking yet still faithful they'll pull through at the end despite any idiocy that comes out along the way

Anyhow, the beginning was very fast paced and high energy. A brief confrontation forces Kanade to get stabbed; and they take care of her back in their infirmary. If Kanade wasn't cute enough, they had to stick her in pajamas (Wait, who changed her? And then the groans of jealous fanboys echo throughout....)

Yuri decides to hax the PC, and begins thinking of ways to patch the ability. This scene seemed to go on for a while, but at least the parts with everyone slacking off were funny.

And so everyone goes to the underground, to find mass evil Kanade! (Nerf plz) The SSS suffers terrible losses as they begin the equivalent of sending one zergling at a time attacking a +3 weapons zealot at a narrow choke point. Kanade's ability to turtle and macro is scary...The deliciously evil smile on her is amazing.

What's with all of Yui's scenes worrying about pissing herself? It's not gonna turn into that kind of anime, I hope. Also, TK is even more epic than usual.

The last fight was pretty cool with Yuri already prepared for the terrible sound. Otaonashi finds Kanade, and forces a merge. But as she must absorb all the evil hers back in, it's a bit much and she seems to have had an evilgasm, but fortunately Otonashi is there with her. Aww... how cute.

8 out of 10 for making me not realize the time that has passed (some of the worse episodes had me checking when it would end, but this had the opposite effect)

AHH CLIFFHANGER NOOOO.
I expect Kanade to mass carriers by the end...

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-23, 02:07   Link #131
FateAnomaly

Either the howling is really weak or that earplug is just that good.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:11   Link #132
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

dw gais, Otonashi's hug has got this.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:31   Link #133
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Okay, that's freaking it. This is what Blizzard put in the massive modding capabilities in Starcraft for. Someone needs to make an Angel Beats VN with it. I'm totally serious. There's enough content and gameplay possibilities for it.

By the way, if the Afterlife Battlefront is supposed to be a bunch of idiots, I wonder what Yuri is doing there. She's almost genius-level in her ability to figure the program out.

Meanwhile, Otonashi seems to have an intuition as to how Tachibana acts. I'm just rooting for the most obvious (and pretty cute for this season) couple here.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:40   Link #134
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I agree with this but only due to his speech and style of moves like his dance ones and when he jumped towards evil Tenshi to sacrifice himself.
you dont need a lot of screen time for anyone to see the awesomeness in TK, if we have more screen time for him, I don't think a half season show could capture the whole of his awesomeness
Old 2010-05-23, 02:45   Link #135
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
How is Yuri suppose to know that all the emotions and conciousness of the blood thirsty Kanade wll damage her? Nobody in the SSS expected this and Yuzu didn't exect this himself.

Even if Yurippe did know that the emotions will get into her she didn't know there will be 20 evil Kanade running around.
her evil grin after killing the clone and hearing what the other clone said. damn, it's pretty obvious she hates Kanade.

Kanade: Tensh bunshin no jutsu!
Old 2010-05-23, 02:55   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Yusa was in the episode but as usual she did not say anything. IRIE AND SEKINE STILL HAVE NOT.A.SINGLE.LINE.FOR.THE.WHOLE.EIGHT.EPISODES.
I'm sure they'll speak at some point since there are seiyuus listed for them: Asumi Kana (Poplar in Working!! ; Yuno in Hidamari Sketch) for Irie and Katou Emri (Mayoi in Bakemonogatari; Hiragi in Lucky star) for Sekine, meaning they should sound incredibly cute.

The same goes for Yusa, she's voiced by Makino Yui and she's got pretty much no lines... what a waste of talent. We need an episode/special dedicated to those three.
Old 2010-05-23, 03:18   Link #137
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm sure they'll speak at some point since there are seiyuus listed for them: Asumi Kana (Poplar in Working!! ; Yuno in Hidamari Sketch) for Irie and Katou Emri (Mayoi in Bakemonogatari; Hiragi in Lucky star) for Sekine, meaning they should sound incredibly cute.

The same goes for Yusa, she's voiced by Makino Yui and she's got pretty much no lines... what a waste of talent. We need an episode/special dedicated to those three.
Just want to add that she voiced Kagami (in case.. someone wonder about which Hiiragi)

We probably would have a full episode about them then (hopefully, hopefully)
Old 2010-05-23, 03:36   Link #138
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
round 2 of "everybody died until only Yuri and Otonashi remains", the way Yui died is funny and unexpected, same with the first guy to die again
Yui died? Eh I though she only hit that thing and stayed there......about your predictions......my best guess is the past of Tenshi next episode! That would be amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I mean: instead of letting Hinata looks all cool with his sacrifice, Yui actually kicked him into his "death"
I will give Hinata to Yui as long as Yuri get Kanade. Otherwise the deal is off. Bring your battle ships along for the next shipping war

This episode confirm the likely chance that Yui is tsundere over Hinata through
Nah I will give Yui to Hinata but Otonashi x Tenshi must happen. Yuri can stick it out as a threesome with Tenshi/Otonashi if Tenshi does not mind.....seeing how the clones hated Yuri and attacked her first.....I would think Yuri is more for some torture than anything else.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyy54264 View Post
Spoiler:
Love that heart at the end of this pic.......BTWwhat the heck is up with pee stuff again? I mean I seen a lot of it in Kiss x Sis and there was one failed joke I saw in Sora no Woto but I was just at the subs having translated it like that.....must have missed something. Anyone can confirm the translation being good whenever the pee thing appears?
Old 2010-05-23, 03:47   Link #139
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
dw gais, Otonashi's hug has got this.
I know right! Hugs solve everything!
Old 2010-05-23, 03:47   Link #140
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
Her knife skill is also awesome indeed + her ability to outwit the opponent. She probably can beat Kanade in hand-to-hand combat once or twice before in their history of confrontation. Then we have the cliff-hanger with Kanede. She probably will turn out OK , but hopefully within next ep
Can someone explain to me how she can keep up with Kanade ? Not to mention that I've found her grab and throw scene in this episode is a bit...too powerful for a human From what we've seen in episode 7, we've known tha Kanade had that power up ability for her activated by default (overdrive ?) ...so, how the heck can Yuri keep up with her ? Is she just that awesome, or I'm just being stupid ?

Quote:
Yui died? Eh I though she only hit that thing and stayed there......about your predictions......my best guess is the past of Tenshi next episode! That would be amazing!
If that will happen in the next episode, I hope episode 10++ will explain more about this world...Or perhaps,a green light for the next season of this anime ? ;_;

Closed Thread