AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 01:19   Link #81
Vanish
Science Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Nice graphics, funny moments and also for the most part realistic situations. Good stuff.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 10:59   Link #82
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
OMG.... so WIN.... TEH ANIME!!!
Old 2010-11-19, 11:04   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

One thing that makes this great is that it's a guilty pleasure because she is so young.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 12:16   Link #84
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol wow i was laughing my ass off the whole time xD
Old 2010-11-19, 13:51   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Actually, I think the censor for Kanna is "Iyan(Noo!)", which sort of fits with Fumika's "Dame".

BTW, is a release date set for the next volume?
You're correct. These censors are so much more fun than simple *bleep*.

The next volume comes out in March.

Hmm, watching this got me wondering: do real-life seiyuu really use the finger fellatio technique for the chupa sounds? I never really thought about how they did it until now... I assumed they used sound effects.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:08   Link #86
Vanish
Science Member

I knew seiyuus didn't use sound effects for the sucking sounds, but up to KdO! I didn't really think about it either... my self-experiment tells me the finger technique really helps though...lol
Old 2010-11-19, 14:10   Link #87
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Sound effects are generally not used for that. They use their mouths to make slurping sounds and actually create spit as they record as its the most natural and accurate method to simulate the act. Some do it with their own finger or object or without depending on the seiyuu. The act itself is easy as anyone can do it. However, to faithfully portray the character's personality and tone while doing so is the art of it. Yes, I actually asked this to a voice actress once.

A lot of people may be shocked due to Kanna's age while she is employed as an eroge seijuu. I believe this unique role was perfect to illustrate how today's youth are becoming more aware of their sexuality and topics of sex in general at earlier ages compared to those of us who are older. Granted, Kanna's clueless nature is quite exaggerated, but that's the aspect of her personality which is responsible for many of the funny moments in the manga and OVA adaptation with her co-workers there to set her up.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-11-19 at 14:21.
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 14:22   Link #88
Vanish
Science Member

That just reminded me that I once read an interview where a female seiyuu was asked what if the character was picking in her own nose. She answered that she'd actually do it (since the way you speak for that instance is altered).
Old 2010-11-19, 14:25   Link #89
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Yep. And the initial embarrassment that is felt is also a focal point in this manga/OVA as well. The amazing things seijuu do to act a convincing role
Old 2010-11-19, 14:40   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Sound effects are generally not used for that. They use their mouths to make slurping sounds and actually create spit as they record as its the most natural and accurate method to simulate the act. Some do it with their own finger or object or without depending on the seiyuu. The act itself is easy as anyone can do it. However, to faithfully portray the character's personality and tone while doing so is the art of it. Yes, I actually asked this to a voice actress once.

A lot of people may be shocked due to Kanna's age while she is employed as an eroge seijuu. I believe this unique role was perfect to illustrate how today's youth are becoming more aware of their sexuality and topics of sex in general at earlier ages compared to those of us who are older. Granted, Kanna's clueless nature is quite exaggerated, but that's the aspect of her personality which is responsible for many of the funny moments in the manga and OVA adaptation with her co-workers there to set her up.
It does make perfect sense to do it this way. I never really stopped to ponder how they did it until now. My brain's usually turned off when watching that kind of stuff

It's very interesting to learn about seiyuu work, even that kind of work (especially that kind of work?).
Old 2010-11-19, 15:57   Link #91
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's very interesting to learn about seiyuu work, even that kind of work (especially that kind of work?).
Need some behind the scenes footage or something.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:30   Link #92
Peanutbutter

This was....really interesting, in a perverse way that appeals to me.

A proper series ought to be made, but I don't think they may have the budget for that.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 21:19   Link #93
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow so awesome is there going to be anther episode
Old 2010-11-20, 03:19   Link #94
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When I think MAKO, I think Yurie from Kamichu!! and usually not someone who gets off while doing her work as a voice actress.

Very surprisingly funny though, and all the sex stuff is used more as catalysts rather than the central focus.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 05:13   Link #95
Soraya21

Just watched the OVA and it was a great first episode. Something about the art animation appeals to me, and they found some good seiyuus to voice the main characters. Since the series' plot revolves around voice acting and its industry, I definitely feel the anime makes for a better medium in exploring these aspects and it really shows in the some of the segments.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 06:46   Link #96
Seiryuu

Mako is surprisingly good here. Would be amusing if it turned out that she was REALLY into character, if you know what I mean. Actually I sort of wonder whether some eroge/hentai seiyuu prefer not to "fake" it. I think I remember hearing somewhere that that's actually not preferred because it doesn't sound as good recorded, maybe because they have less control of their voice. And of course, in the real world that would mean that the seiyuu would have to m*****bate in the studio in front of everyone.

March, eh? Quite a wait then. Looking forward to it though.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 07:55   Link #97
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinator View Post
Apparently, My anime taste is out of touch with what anime fans actually like, and I wanted to rectify that, so today, I decided to download the most seeded anime without even knowing what the hell it was all about. So basically, a teenage girl sucking on a finger, and then she started drooling all over it. Okay, I think I'll go back to my outdated anime for grumpy old men.

Have fun with your sexual shenanigans.
Sometimes the point of enjoying a fictional story is not taking it seriously in order to avoid making your head explode.

The very premise of this anime series is stupid; a 16-year-old is more or less coerced into eroge voice acting by her sister because she is a very good onee-chan and wants the best for her little sister. Would she reject the job, Kanna would be assailed by excruciating feelings of guilt, because she's a good girl.

A good part of the episode is spent trying to force the pure, formal and disciplined Kanna into saying "cock" and "pussy". Those eroge makers sure know how to screw with a girl's mind and turn her into a lust machine, goal they partially achieve on the very first episode; result of this being Kanna pleasing herself with her cell phone's vibrator. Humongous.

Not only that, the writer of the eroge in question is an older man she seems to have (or have had) a crush with. He makes her say all those dirty words and expressions with such a lusty voice! And he keeps making that smiling face, like saying "I have you in my clutches now, little girl"!

If this wasn't enough to scar this girl already, she is also told to suck that man's finger like if it were a penis. But by that moment Kanna is already turned into the development team's slave and does as she is told to. She seems to love it, but it's more a matter of blackmail than her being on full sexual flourishing as a teenager. No, she wasn't like that to begin with. It's those bad people's fault for showing her things she wasn't supposed to see and deforming her pure love feelings towards her Onii-chan into something else, better not to be spoken about here.

The moment when she ejaculates while voice acting is actually her mind breaking, seeing the very foundation of her love being modified into whatever the evil adults want.

And Onii-chan kept smiling even then. That freaks me out already.

After the recording, her ever so cynical sister praises her, trying to make her see such a scarring happening as 'talent'.

I... I don't really know if I want to watch the next episode, seeing the heights this one reached.

tl;dr, yes, it's kinda stupid in some ways, but as long as it's fun it's fine. I actually liked it. That said, I do share your feelings of wanting to watch something from the 80's-90's to compensate.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 11:43   Link #98
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Seen the first OVA.

Got really angry for the censoring, but the episode was amazing.
Aroused me like hell, though I didn't come.
Gotta wait for the next one for that.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 13:07   Link #99
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I guess I'm a victim of having read the manga. The anime seemed to go too quickly, so that the psychology -- especially of the lead -- felt much too rushed. I'm happy that so many people enjoyed the show, though -- and I enjoyed it, too.

MAKO doing this role is an interesting leap. But I think people in Japan know her best now as the host of her own anime interview TV show, so that they do think of her as an adult, rather than as the star of Kamichu. Here is an interview she did with Tamura Mutsumi (who played the male lead in Asobi ni Iku yo, and is Arashitama's little brother in Soremachi).
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-11-24 at 13:38.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 14:53   Link #100
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal Send a message via Skype™ to _eternal
I'm surprised at how good this show looks. I was half expecting it to be really low budget but it's quite pretty, and I enjoy the little manga-style panels used in some scenes (even if it's an excuse to draw less backgrounds). The whole thing with Kanna imagining the ero scenes caught me off guard but I'm not complaining~

Tags
comedy, not for children, seinen