AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 18:33   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Thumbs up LOST - TV Series (2004-2010)

Official Website
/ Wiki

-----

Well, this series has just ended and I have found quite a few members are fans, so I decided to make a topic. I did do a quick search and did not find a thread for the entire series, so yeah.

Also, let's use spoiler tags so this great, great, great show isn't ruined for those who have yet to seen it or finish it.

And for those of you who have to watch it, do so now. Just remember: it's about the characters, all of the other stuff comes after it.

I have already pre-ordered the complete series BD box set.

-----
Spoiler for Entire Series:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:41   Link #2
Nosauz

Ending was for me a disappointment especially with the revelation about the sideflash. I mean it just felt like season six could have been used a lot better and it ended in some very weak storytelling in my opinion.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:50   Link #3
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Spoiler for The End:
Old 2010-05-25, 19:04   Link #4
Nosauz

Spoiler for The End/Season 6:
Old 2010-05-25, 20:21   Link #5
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I cried like a lil baby.. .. I cried because of all the time I wasted watching this mesmerizing show... and because the numbers, the polar bear and several other things went unexplained just like how everyone supposedly died?

I am now waiting for the sequel "FOUND"
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 20:33   Link #6
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm glad that it ended with the characters and their connections/redemption and their finding purpose in their lives. Thats what this show has always truly been about. Now plenty of people will be upset about answers, but honestly they have left so much groundwork over the years to answer many questions through ones own opinion/research that it would be a shame to have them all answered. It's more fun to try and piece your own theories together with the loads of clues sprawled throughout the show. Granted there were some that were just ignored, but hey they've promised to address the questions they didn't get around to answering in the show (with actual production footage it seems) on the season 6 boxset extras.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/109/1092287p1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I cried like a lil baby.. .. I cried because of all the time I wasted watching this mesmerizing show... and because the numbers, the polar bear and several other things went unexplained just like how everyone supposedly died?

I am now waiting for the sequel "FOUND"
The Polar Bear is simple, it was brought to the island by DHARMA used in animal testing done by them on the hydra island. As for everyone being dead that was just showing them in the afterlife, all of them meeting up in it. Everything that happened on the island actually happened, yet many people have been thinking it meant they died in the crash.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-05-25 at 20:58.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 21:52   Link #7
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

*ahem* Here I go...

Spoiler for The End:

I know some of this is a stretch and some reasons were probably production related (ie: actor availability), but much can be explained.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:53   Link #8
Nosauz

Spoiler for The End/Response:
Old 2010-05-25, 23:08   Link #9
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-26, 01:01   Link #10
james0246

So Lost is over...twas a good solid series. The 1st three seasons had some great character developments and the last 3 had some great action sequences. The 3rd and 4th season were probably the best overall seasons (despite some of the bumps in the 3rd season due to the writer's strike) mostly due to some superb emotional episodes (and because the seasons were about actually leaving the island).

The 6th season had some great moments (best episode was probably Ben's solo moment in which his flash sideways character struggles between his desire for power/prestige (by gaining the position of principle in the Sideways School Ben works at) and his desire to help his prized pupil (his daughter in the "real" world) get into college; there was something fundamentally beautiful about this episode that really encapsulated not only the experience any decent parent must go though (choosing their child over themselves), but also the main struggle of Season 6...another fun episode was Un-Locke going into the unexplained Temple and murdering everyone), mixed with some silly moments (I'm sorry, but Sideways Jin and Sun were stupid (though their episode did make that great sig for GuidoHunter (it was Guido's sig right?), and Sayid wasn't much better (plus his Sideways awakening was just silly)).

Overall good season, definitely B material. And, overall, the entire series is probably a solid B/B+ (and the more emotional moments a definite A-).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-26 at 01:20.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 10:56   Link #11
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(I'm sorry, but Sideways Jin and Sun were stupid (though their episode did make that great sig for GuidoHunter (it was Guido's sig right?), and Sayid wasn't much better (plus his Sideways awakening was just silly)).
The season 6 Ben episode I agree was fantastic.

As for that goofy sig, yes it was mine.

Old 2010-05-26, 12:25   Link #12
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Spoiler for The End/Response:
I believe the rules are made by whoever is the protector.
Old 2010-05-26, 14:12   Link #13
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I liked the finale, but I didn't love it. I don't know if you guys have seen this college humor bit.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

They chose the character resolution route instead of answering every question every brought route. So I want them to make sense of everything sometimes because it is their tale to spin.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:48   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I liked the finale, but I didn't love it. I don't know if you guys have seen this college humor bit.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

They chose the character resolution route instead of answering every question every brought route. So I want them to make sense of everything sometimes because it is their tale to spin.
That was...awesome. Some of those are answered, others can be derived, some are expected to be on the BD/DVD release (such as Walt) and others well...can never and will never.
Old 2010-05-26, 15:17   Link #15
james0246

Whichever ABC executive thought this up either hired or directly worked on the V countdown during one of earlier Season 6 episodes...

'Lost' Finale: ABC Added End...Images, Not Producers

Spoiler for ending...:

Spoiler for my initial ending interpretations...:

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-26 at 15:35.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 17:48   Link #16
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

The ending scenes during the credits was just the stage and stuff, I knew that from the start. They should have shown settings from all over the island though, lol.
Old 2010-05-26, 17:53   Link #17
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The ending scenes during the credits was just the stage and stuff, I knew that from the start. They should have shown settings from all over the island though, lol.
Spoiler for Spoiler? :):

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-05-26 at 18:46.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 18:39   Link #18
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
The settings/backgrounds are one of the things that made this series so good, Hawaii (and the surrounding islands are awesome!)...
Spoiler for The End:
Spoiler for The End:

And I added spoiler tags for you there.
Old 2010-05-26, 18:48   Link #19
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for The End:

And I added spoiler tags for you there.
Thanks m8 .... So: