AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 131 64.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 20.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 10.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-28, 22:11   Link #41
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
That's why I said "most", but the thing is, even if your parents don't care, it's considered to be unfilial if you have your parents ending up in the situation (same for your offsprings having you ending up in the situation of being donated), so either way, with both common practice and social pressure, the cycle continues and hence it becomes a rare thing to become an "after-death" donator. Now, if you donate your organs while you're alive, that's a different story.
If my parent's don't care, I don't care. If I don't care, my off springs shouldn't either. You're dead, instead of have it go to waste as compost might as well make use of it. Donating while you are still alive is a very different thing that actually do take altruism since you still need the thing. The only after-death donation I might hesitate are full body ones for med school. The sight of some female med student admiring my 10" wang is a little embarrassing
Hypernova is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:13   Link #42
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
...

10 inch = scary.

Anyway.

Fulfilling episode. Really enlightened the situation...

however...

THE KANADE x YUZURU IS OOZING LIKE OH MY GOD CAN IT GET ANY SAPPIER

(actually it could, if they actually ki----)
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:22   Link #43
NeruNeru
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fantastic episode! Haven't cried that much for a long time. When I first got my health insurance card here in Japan, I didn't know how to fill it out, but after seeing this episode, I got it out and did it like in the show. Thanks, Otonashi!

This episode straightened out a lot of things, but now I'm curious as to why Otonashi ended up there in the first place. He wanted to save people, and he did that by becoming an organ donor. So wouldn't he be without regrets at that point? Now it's different because he wants to save Yurippe and the rest, but back then, it seems like he would have been able to skip that purgatory.
NeruNeru is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:27   Link #44
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
If my parent's don't care, I don't care. If I don't care, my off springs shouldn't either. You're dead, instead of have it go to waste as compost might as well make use of it. Donating while you are still alive is a very different thing that actually do take altruism since you still need the thing. The only after-death donation I might hesitate are full body ones for med school. The sight of some female med student admiring my 10" wang is a little embarrassing
Heh.

While time is moving forward, things change. Comparatively speaking people care less these days, but cultural thing is in your blood. My point is, people seem to discredit the scene because of reason like "oh, you should have signed that to begin with like you should brush your teeth in the morning". Even in western countries it's not quite the case (I work a job of which I get to see plenty of IDs everyday, and I can tell you I see more non-donors than the other way round), so let alone the more conservative countries like Japan.
__________________
guuchan is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:35   Link #45
BloodyKitty
Wanna try dying once...?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
This episode was the best of Angel Beats! so far. Well done, Maeda Jun. Another one of your stories made me cry again.

Judging from the face Yuri made in the end of the episode, I doubt if she's already known Kanade's intention...
__________________
BloodyKitty is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:39   Link #46
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Actually, this episode still doesn't answer the question regarding why he lost his memories in the first place.

But this episode SHOULD dispel any thoughts of Yuri doing this for the fun of it.
She's clearly blaming herself for whatever happened to Kanade.

Kudos, Maeda Jun-san, for that. And everything else. (owo)b
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:39   Link #47
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tokyo, Japan
I don't think I'm the only one who felt some LOST vibes in that episode. :3

I found the emergency rescuers taking so long to be pretty strange. This is Japan, earthquake country...rescuers would be on a tunnel collapse in a second flat. Responses in "Tokyo Magnitude 8.0" were immediate and continuous. It shouldn't have taken them a whole week to get through to the victims. It must have been one hell of an accident.

For the sake of an emotional story though, I'll take it.
__________________

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:46   Link #48
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeruNeru View Post
This episode straightened out a lot of things, but now I'm curious as to why Otonashi ended up there in the first place. He wanted to save people, and he did that by becoming an organ donor. So wouldn't he be without regrets at that point? Now it's different because he wants to save Yurippe and the rest, but back then, it seems like he would have been able to skip that purgatory.
I'd say, due to nutrient deprivation, he wasn't able to keep his mind together that well. Especially since such a death led to amnesia, which Yuri stated only happened (to her knowledge) to those who had bad head injuries at death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
I don't think I'm the only one who felt some LOST vibes in that episode. :3
I actually started fearing a Lord of the Flies effect, especially when the guy stole the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
I found the emergency rescuers taking so long to be pretty strange. This is Japan, earthquake country...rescuers would be on a tunnel collapse in a second flat. Responses in "Tokyo Magnitude 8.0" were immediate and continuous. It shouldn't have taken them a whole week to get through to the victims. It must have been one hell of an accident.

For the sake of an emotional story though, I'll take it.
Well, since it was collapsed on both ends of the tunnel, I'd assume there were a lot of areas that collapsed. They just got unlucky in being one of the ones that took longer the get to.
GDB is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:50   Link #49
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Besides, we never got told WHY the train crashed. For all we know, the delay could have been because the crash resulted from an earthquake, which happens in Japan every now and then. That would explain why the rescue team took so long: they had more things to deal with than a collapsed tunnel.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 22:56   Link #50
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waianae, HI
This was just...Beautiful! This episode was truly AMAZING!
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Yuzuru x Kanade? DEFINITELY!

Spoiler for Episode 9 Beginning:
__________________
Archangel Roy is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 23:15   Link #51
Fandal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Doesn't this basically mean Otonashi is going to be betraying Yuri? Will Yuri figure out why things happened the way they do?
Fandal is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 23:27   Link #52
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say, due to nutrient deprivation, he wasn't able to keep his mind together that well. Especially since such a death led to amnesia, which Yuri stated only happened (to her knowledge) to those who had bad head injuries at death.



I actually started fearing a Lord of the Flies effect, especially when the guy stole the water.



Well, since it was collapsed on both ends of the tunnel, I'd assume there were a lot of areas that collapsed. They just got unlucky in being one of the ones that took longer the get to.
You got a fair point there. For some reason, I just figured it was only that train that had an accident but it could be that the whole train line ran into a big problem.
__________________

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline  
Old 2010-05-28, 23:35   Link #53
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
oh man 10/10 episode! loved the drama! though i would loved to see yuzuru hug kanade when she woke up, damn it didn't happened.

wow next episode/s the SSS brigade will be loosing some men... to think Yuri, Yuzuru and Kanade will be the last standing
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 00:11   Link #54
jinnous
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Really a satisfying episode for me, especially after the events of episode 8. There seem to be a discussion going on about the whole rescue team thing. But I guess here's my take at it:

Some point during episode 7 you could see the train Otonashi was on, and from my recollections train routes who use that type of train model are usually ones that go from major city --> rural country side areas. So i suppose the accident occurred in a fairly non-populated location and that the train schedule is not entirely tight, thus explaining why it might of taken them a while to get there. But then again this is just my wild guess...

Apart from that I really liked the episode, especially with the whole OtonashixKanade scene. And I think for as dense as Kanade may look, she must have at least felt SOMETHING if a guy stays by her side for that whole time she's unconscious.

Spoiler for ending:
jinnous is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 00:21   Link #55
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnous View Post
Really a satisfying episode for me, especially after the events of episode 8. There seem to be a discussion going on about the whole rescue team thing. But I guess here's my take at it:

Some point during episode 7 you could see the train Otonashi was on, and from my recollections train routes who use that type of train model are usually ones that go from major city --> rural country side areas. So i suppose the accident occurred in a fairly non-populated location and that the train schedule is not entirely tight, thus explaining why it might of taken them a while to get there. But then again this is just my wild guess...

Apart from that I really liked the episode, especially with the whole OtonashixKanade scene. And I think for as dense as Kanade may look, she must have at least felt SOMETHING if a guy stays by her side for that whole time she's unconscious.

Spoiler for ending:
The thing is, most universities in Japan are in big cities. Often the case is that a kid from the countryside takes the train into Tokyo for some prestigious school.

A lot of trains run by the JR company still use a lot of older model trains. It's the private subway companies that have newer looking ones actually. With that said, considering Yuzuru and company is in a tunnel collapse, they have to be in Tokyo.

I lived in Tokyo so that's my educated guess. It's not like Angel Beats is in the most realistic setting anyways. :P So a whole week for a rescue still sounds a little suspect to me unless it's the worst train accident since the Sarin Gas Incident.
__________________

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 00:30   Link #56
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
At least we know the way to erase Hinata. Make him catch a ball in a baseball game.

One last good bye kiss from Kanade before you disappear Otanoshi.

This story is so sad.... ToT
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 00:52   Link #57
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though when kanade wakes up I was sure yuzuru would hug her .....well that's a bid of minus for me but it's all great.
That is exactly what I wanted and felt a little bit that it did not happen but I was still that Kanade past the hand on Yuzuru's cheek at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Otonashi reminds me of Shirou from Fate Stay Night

he has a severe saviour complex

he wants to save everyone.. no, he obssesses about it

but he's put in a situation where the goal is not to kill each other to survive, so his morality does not clash with the setting like Shirou

still, I wonder if this will make him truly happy in the end? because to me this path can only lead to one thing: he will become the new Tenshi of that purgatory
I agree with you about Shirou since I just Fate/Night Stay. Second I would much rather see the new love couple Tenshi x Otonashi than just Otonashi becoming the new Tenshi.....after all the love concept may be applied in this series just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Still, its hard to get moved by the scene when you realise that these guys didn't sign when they first got their cards and had to be inspired to do so. They make it as if there is some sort of stigma with agreeing to organ donation and it take will to do so.
Well it worked on me.....filled out mines today in France. Had to ask some information first but it all worked out.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-05-29 at 01:05.
Francismeunier is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 01:06   Link #58
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Impressive episode, Yuzuru is truly an amazing character, rest of his past was pretty moving though didn't quite get me to cry. Also I find his "alliance" with Kaede to be interesting I really wonder how things will go with Yuri especially since she'll be blaming herself for what happened to Tenshi making it even hard to erase her regret. Though I'm really interested in getting past of Yui, Shiina, Yusa, and the girls of GirlsDeMo.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 01:08   Link #59
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 27
Man.. i always like how maeda jun/key design the archetype for the male lead. They are far from typical anime male lead, in a good way.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?u=67374&type=sigpic&dateline=1223597681
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?u=67374&type=sigpic&dateline=1223597681 target=_blank>http://forums.animesuki.com/image.ph...ine=1223597681</a>
Joachim is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 01:20   Link #60
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
From Kanade's words, I wonder if it was actually her that received Otonashi's organs. But that would be a GREAT twist.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.