AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 131 64.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 20.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 10.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-29, 04:14   Link #81
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
One question remains is, Otonashi's cause of death doesn't appear to be sufficient to induce that degree of memory loss upon arrival in the afterlife.
Already brought up check here
Old 2010-05-29, 04:39   Link #82
Thoguht

So, do we now know all the important things there are to know about the Tenshiverse, or will we keep on being hit with new revelations? I don't know why Otonashi didn't take Kanade's hand when she put it to his face, though. Maybe there was just no need because it's clear they now both know how the other feels. It's been a long time since I've seen that kind of tenderness so well portrayed.

Anyway, as for the crash and the rescue, it's clear it was an earthquake caused it. In episode 7, you could see the initial tremor affecting the train before the main shock hit. Tunnels (well, most structures) in Japan are built to withstand earthquakes, so this must have been a very severe one. Which means that rescue services would be hard pressed to deal with it, and would have to prioritize. Do we rescue the people that we know are still alive in the collapsed buildings around us, or do we throw everything into digging out a train that was probably completely crushed anyway? It's not a difficult decision to make.
Old 2010-05-29, 04:45   Link #83
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
So, do we now know all the important things there are to know about the Tenshiverse, or will we keep on being hit with new revelations? I don't know why Otonashi didn't take Kanade's hand when she put it to his face, though. Maybe there was just no need because it's clear they now both know how the other feels. It's been a long time since I've seen that kind of tenderness so well portrayed.
Is it just me who thinks that there isn't any romance involved between them? If Otonashi held her hand back, that scene wouldn't have been so beautiful. Just quietly feel the gentleness of Tenshi (and the pure, beautiful voice of Hanazawa Kana ) would be the best thing to do in that situation.
Old 2010-05-29, 04:54   Link #84
hai_san

Amazing ep 10/10.
Old 2010-05-29, 05:08   Link #85
satomianzaki

so the mission of otonashi and kanade now is to let all the SSS members graduate from that place...

yuzuru is really a nice guy...helping people from the train wreck...

and he should have already disappeared (since he no longer has regrets) but since he wanted to help yuri, that stopped him from crossing over...

i really can't imagine how otonashi and kanade will deal with yuri...i think they will have a very difficult time persuading her to not hate God anymore...and what will happen if yuri and the others discover otonashi's plan? otonashi better be prepared...

the story is really getting more interesting...can't wait for the next episodes...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2010-05-29 at 05:14. Reason: ...
Old 2010-05-29, 05:24   Link #86
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The main problem though is the age gap, she looks at least 6~8 years olders than she did when her siblings were killed, so I mean what would have caused her to live until then commit suicide only to then gain such resolve, I think her death must have some cruel twist of fate rather than a suicide, to give her such resolve to fight now. Though only way I see it possible if something even worse had happened to her that drove her to do it while she was alive.
I am thinking she found out who the people were who did her family and tried to kill them somehow. Anyone else might think so?
Old 2010-05-29, 05:58   Link #87
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I am thinking she found out who the people were who did her family and tried to kill them somehow. Anyone else might think so?
Since Yuri appear to be skilled in close combat and weapon, It's possible that when she grew up she trained herself to get her revenge. One day she found the group who killed her family. She tried to kill them ,but get killed instead.
Old 2010-05-29, 06:15   Link #88
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
Since Yuri appear to be skilled in close combat and weapon, It's possible that when she grew up she trained herself to get her revenge. One day she found the group who killed her family. She tried to kill them ,but get killed instead.
....This is actually pretty logical speculation for me... o.o
We don't know about her deaths yet, so perhaps this one might be the case ..

Otonashi's death is a bit saddening. I wonder if the people who got caught up in the train accident will still be a donor after they're saved... but then, Otonashi's death might perhaps be memorable for them, which makes them still ends up being a donor >_>

Old 2010-05-29, 06:20   Link #89
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
or she might have attained those skills during her time in the afterlife. if you read the novels (which is about hinata's first time in the afterlife and the establishment of the SSS).

Spoiler for angel beats track zero:

oh and, this deserves a season 2, we cant end this in 4 more episodes. justice demands a season 2.
Old 2010-05-29, 06:22   Link #90
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
oh and, this deserves a season 2, we cant end this in 4 more episodes. justice demands a season 2.
I agree this show is way too short but that is up to Key if they wanna do it...
Old 2010-05-29, 07:42   Link #91
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Is it just me who thinks that there isn't any romance involved between them?
i think so too...i still cannot see any romantic development between yuzuru and kanade...it's more like they're just friends...or like brother and sister...otonashi is really caring and protective of kanade in a brotherly way...imo...

and i think there will be more potential for yuri and otonashi to get closer now...i mean, since otonashi is really determined in saving her, he has to know her better and get closer since he has to earn yuri's trust...to make her believe that its alright to give up on her bitter memories...and to move on...

well now that i think of it, that applies to other SSS' members as well...hehehe...

with few episodes left, i can't wait what future/new lives are waiting for SSS members especially for otonashi and yuri...and of course for kanade as well...after the cross over...

i hope if Key will not make a season 2, at least they'll give us a decent ending...
Old 2010-05-29, 07:42   Link #92
Mister Random

I am wondering if Otonashi rather than having a flashback actually went back into the real world for a time, as the scene when he awakens after the train crash was very similar to how he wakes up at the school in episode 1. Added to this the style of the flashback is also completely different to how we saw Otonashi remember events up to the train crash.

If it is a flashback rather than a temporary visit to the real world then I have to wonder why did Otonashi end up at the school if the defining criteria is "couldn't live out their youth properly" since while he had a sad youth it does not seem on the level of the others we know about. Especially given that he had managed to turn things around and apparantly died with few regrets. However, I do think there is still a slim chance he is in a deep coma rather than being dead (before this ep would give him a 50% chance of being in a coma after this more like 5%).

Am looking forward to the final episodes though I am anticipating a massive twist in how things turn out.
Old 2010-05-29, 07:54   Link #93
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for ep 9:
Otonashi: Guard Skill: Accelerate.

oooOOH im getting awesome chills just thinking about it.
Old 2010-05-29, 07:56   Link #94
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Actually, Otonashi's Guard Skill should be Haremize.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Old 2010-05-29, 08:24   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Random View Post
I am wondering if Otonashi rather than having a flashback actually went back into the real world for a time, as the scene when he awakens after the train crash was very similar to how he wakes up at the school in episode 1. Added to this the style of the flashback is also completely different to how we saw Otonashi remember events up to the train crash.

If it is a flashback rather than a temporary visit to the real world then I have to wonder why did Otonashi end up at the school if the defining criteria is "couldn't live out their youth properly" since while he had a sad youth it does not seem on the level of the others we know about. Especially given that he had managed to turn things around and apparantly died with few regrets. However, I do think there is still a slim chance he is in a deep coma rather than being dead (before this ep would give him a 50% chance of being in a coma after this more like 5%).

Am looking forward to the final episodes though I am anticipating a massive twist in how things turn out.
I've been thinking the same and I do think that it would give Otonashi a happy ending if he is to wake up after sending all his friends off. But then I wonder what happens to Kanade.

Anyway a really emotional episode this week. Can't possibly get any more tragic to what Otonashi has been through even though he wanted to make a change with his life. I find that more respectable than someone giving up hope and then dying tragically (suicide or whatnot).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-05-29, 09:26   Link #96
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

great episode. Otonashi finally understand the situation, and we gonna hear the past of the other SSS members. next time is Yui?

but WTF, Yuri was actually worried about Kanade?!

OtoKanade=<3
Old 2010-05-29, 10:08   Link #97
Lily
Hina-chan~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan
Is it just me who thinks that there isn't any romance involved between them? If Otonashi held her hand back, that scene wouldn't have been so beautiful. Just quietly feel the gentleness of Tenshi (and the pure, beautiful voice of Hanazawa Kana) would be the best thing to do in that situation.
I see it this way as well. As cute as YuzuruxKanade is, I unfortunately don't see anything happening with it since this isn't a romance anime. The way Yuzuru acts towards Kanade reminds me much more of the relationship with his sister Hatsune.

I really do hope they remain together at the end though, even if it's in the real world with no memories of the afterlife.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:09   Link #98
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, Otonashi's Guard Skill should be Haremize.
Lol. Why should they remain guard skills? For guys, it should be:

Killing move part I: Target lock on.

Otanashi marks the co-ordinates of all his enemies.

Killing move part II: Omnislash

A refinement of an instantaneuous mutiple harmonics, followed by delay and handsonic and finally absorb at the end.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:23   Link #99
dark998

Otonashi's flashback...12 minutes again. It may seem a lot, but the time flies while watching the actual episode. He is/was an awesome guy, I cracked up a bit when the other guy was talking to him and he was already...dead. Right when the rescue team arrived ;_;

And after remembering the sad past, nothing better than being comforted by a cute angel. That entire scene was too good, I swear Kanade was more beautiful than the usual after waking up.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:29   Link #100
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
And after remembering the sad past, nothing better than being comforted by a cute angel. That entire scene was too good, I swear Kanade was more beautiful than the usual after waking up.
Yes she was but also I got bothered a little with her eyes.....it looked she just came out of a heavy operation and the struggle was there but it was more like she did not sleep a lot. I know it was more the first one than anything.
Closed Thread