AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-18, 01:55   Link #81
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
well... in the country I lived in, I never felt like I ever get the luxury of really focusing on what I like.
This is because something call *law* exist in this world you dope Everyone feel this way.

This brings me to one of the Random Quote in my Sig system:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Unknown
Old 2004-03-18, 03:52   Link #82
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Unknown
Thomas Jefferson?
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 05:50   Link #83
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
It says you live Paris. Ive heard great things about Paris (although never been there). Why dont you like it? Its supposed to be all beautiful and french-y there...
Yep, the center is beautiful, but once you get out of it.... it isn't any more, there's lots of buildings in paris that aren't maintained very well.
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 18:05   Link #84
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
It says you live Paris. Ive heard great things about Paris (although never been there). Why dont you like it? Its supposed to be all beautiful and french-y there...
that's the point ,it's way too "frenchy" for me.Of course there are some pretty nice places but there are beautiful places everywhere ,the thing is that i just don't like this country ,i'm not saying it's not a good country or anything,it's just that it doesn't fit my taste.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 18:24   Link #85
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
I'll be in....

Hmm.....most people tend to choose Naruto....but nija stuff is not my style....

I'd like to be in Slayers, Maho Senshi Louie, Those Who Hunt Elfs kinda setting. Being an Magician Adventurer...that is what I'll be...somewhat like Lina Inverse. Tehehe...looking for treasures and fighting monsters..,..dealing with those kinds of stuff. Anyone sharing the same fantasy??
Aoi Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 02:36   Link #86
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Wow, after reading this thread, it sort of makes me feel lucky that I live in Canada. Wait, isn't it suppose to be the other way around? Anyways, the place (anime) that I would want to live in must meet the following requirements:
1. A languid atmosphere.
2. I must be able to see the stars well at night (I star gaze with telescope and binoculars).
3. A female companion of the same age. (ONLY ONE, I have my reasons).
4. Has a computer, that has access to the internet.
5. No burdens of real life (no school, no work, etc...).
6. Has a guitar.

I'd spend the rest of my life having fun with my female companion, or playing on the computer during the day. Then I'd star gaze away my nights (with or without my female companion) before I sleep. Guitar everywhere in between. Sounds like a good life to me. Really, that's what I plan to do in real life. I'm actually quite satisfied in real life, except #5. I'm hoping be an Astronomer and study the stars. And my "work" would be scoping the night skies. It's like getting paid for a hobby, so it wouldn't be "work" for me, since I enjoy it, and #5 would be somewhat satisfied. Now, I haven't watched an anime that fits these descriptions. Maybe someone can figure that out for me. I guess the anime that I watched that would fit the my description the closest is...To Heart. But #5 is violated.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 03:50   Link #87
vio5555

I wouldn't mind spending ten years in Hack Sign; I guess its cause I can only spend 10-15 hours max at a time in MMORPGs, so to actually live in one would be interesting (life of a true gamer ).
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 04:13   Link #88
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Thelastguardian: in what way ? I mean, in a context where like studying things like philosophy or history and spend the rest of life having personal researches (not like being rushed to get something every year or else fired) wouldn't really earn enough to live unless having a strong funding behind to leech from.
Not like in breaking the rules or slacking after starting something.
or maybe I got wrong perception on your words ;D
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 04:42   Link #89
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I suppose where I want to live would depend on what role I would have in that world.

If I had to be completely realistic, then I'd pick Da Capo. I mean, it's perpetually spring there. Seems relatively peaceful, and I'd get to meet some interesting people. Plus there's that sakura tree... actually, Da Capo is my second choice, but it snows too much in the world of Kanon. I hate snow. Actually, maybe Chobits would be cool as well. It'd be nice to have someone I can talk to who wouldn't judge me.

If I could interact with the main characters, then I'd pick Card Captor Sakura. Just because I like the characters. (Presumably I would also be aged down by a decade or so.) Mahou Tsukai Tai would also be a possibility.

If I had Special Powers, then I'd pick Read Or Die or Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Because I love books, and the adventures the characters go on seem pretty cool. (The political landscape post-ROD TV would also be interesting to check out.)

If I could go all Overpowered Self-Insertion Gary Stu, I'd go for Slayers. Simply for the Cool factor.

Yeah, I'm pretty shallow. ^^
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 10:56   Link #90
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Hmm... to live in an anime world... That would be interesting and fun, although 10 years might be a bit too much.

My first impulse would be to choose the Scrapped Princess world because I'm an ultra sucker for sword and sorcery although i wouldn't want to BE the Scrapped Princess. Just some character going about, maybe Obstinate Arrow member or something. (Raquel's psycho magical powers would be cool though)

But since 10 years is a reeeeeeaaally long time, I wouldn't want to live in perpetual countryside and seeing Soopy-kun all the time, I guess I'd go Cardcaptor Sakura because the characters are all soooooo cute and it looks like a normal world, especially since Sakura has already completed capturing the Clow cards so no more threats to my existence . Or even Azumanga Daioh only because everybody is so normal and if I were able to meet the Azumanga gang, i think they'd be a lot of fun.
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 11:05   Link #91
Zigma

hellsing, i would be alucard

or the mail character in golden boy
Zigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 11:36   Link #92
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigma
hellsing, i would be alucard

or the mail character in golden boy
So, you'd like to be Kintaro Oe? Well then, you'd better start
practicing one important phrase...

"Life is STUDY!!"
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 11:48   Link #93
Zigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
So, you'd like to be Kintaro Oe? Well then, you'd better start
practicing one important phrase...

"Life is STUDY!!"

very educational

I'd also would of learned C in one week instead of the whole 2 years + :P
Zigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 11:52   Link #94
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Initial D world- for the racing
And maybe naruto, for the ninja life.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 12:13   Link #95
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigma
very educational

I'd also would of learned C in one week instead of the whole 2 years + :P
It's scary how he actually learned and mastered programming, in C even,
in under one week on a cardboard computer.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 15:06   Link #96
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

he also beat a motorcycle in a race riding a pink bicycle!
and produced an anime in about 2 weeks!
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 18:23   Link #97
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i chose maburaho because i like the setting, not just the overabundance of attractive young women ^_^
i DO have a girlfriend -_-
*taps foot with aggitated look on face* T_T YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE!!! Just kidding *glomps Kyuven*
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 23:55   Link #98
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
Correction I would rather be in Azumanga Daioh!!! CRAZINESS IS EVERLASTING!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
*looks left then right* NO I AM NOT INSANE!!!!
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:13   Link #99
mitszuki
nOOb

i don't really know because there's many worlds...i really want to be in these at least 3 years:

rurouni kenshin- i would want to be able to learn the way of the sword and get
to the people in the world better

Magic knight rayearth- i want to be able to defend and fight for myself..it'll be so cool that i can use magic!!

and least but not last..: um...weiss kruez...- i really don't know why..it's probably
that i want to get near the guys but mainly to feel what they have to go through haha
mitszuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:03   Link #100
Nooj
Disabled By Request

I'd probably choose Gundam SEED but only if I get to pilot a Gundam! I'd also like to be in Full Metal Alchemist and hang out with the crew.
Nooj is offline   Reply With Quote