AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 11:17   Link #461
supei_02
Potatoes = world peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
dont forget Alter 's Strike witches figurines they just released sanya & had miyafuji too. at the rate of GSC nendroids im hopping for Sanya,eila nendroids~ ;D well maybe getting the figma too of sanya/eila if there is
Thanks for the info, SuperKnuckles and SanyaChan
since the 2nd season started, I was hoping for announcements about new figurines but doesn't seem like its happening.. took a look at kotobukiya but those are really amazing. A little pricey to "collect 'em all"... I'd rather get figmas of a pairing and nendoroids of the 501 team to save money and space

I don't get why no one makes a figurine of Mio tho... isn't she a pretty good source of all that action in the anime?
Old 2010-08-07, 11:33   Link #462
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

what im w8ing for are the figmas

i hope they come out soon
Old 2010-08-07, 17:33   Link #463
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
I thought this was really interesting and cool so I thought I'd post it here, but I was surprised how many of the Strike Witches were based off of actual (and in fact some of the best) pilots of World War 2:

(In order of confirmed kills / combat victories if you prefer)

Erica Hartmann
Based off of: Erich Hartmann (Aka: The Black Devil, Ace of Aces) (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 352
Special Note: Dubbed the "Ace of Aces", Hartmann was and is the best and highest ranking pilot in the history of aerial combat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Hartmann

"In March 1944, Erich Hartmann, Gerhard Barkhorn, Walter Krupinski and Johannes Wiese were summoned to Adolf Hitler's Berghof in Berchtesgaden. Barkhorn was to be honoured with the Swords, while Hartmann, Krupinski and Wiese were to receive the Oak Leaves to the Knight's Cross. On the train, all four of them got drunk on cognac and champagne. Supporting each other and unable to stand, they arrived at Berchtesgaden. Major Nicolaus von Below, Hitler's Luftwaffe adjutant, was shocked. After some sobering up, Hartmann was still intoxicated. Hartmann took a German officer hat from a stand and put it on, but it was too large. Von Below became upset, told Hartmann it was Hitler's and ordered him to put it back."
(Remind anyone of Season 1 Episode 7?)

Gertrud Barkhorn
Based off of: Gerhard Barkhorn (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 301
Special Note: Erich Hartmann's best friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Barkhorn

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
Based off of: Wolf-Dietrich Wilcke (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 162
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf-Dietrich_Wilcke

Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
Based off of: Eino Ilmari Juutilainen (FINLAND)
Combat Victories: 94.17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilmari_Juutilainen

Mio Sakamoto
Based off of: Saburo Sakai (JAPAN)
Combat Victories: 64
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saburo_Sakai

Yoshika Miyafuji
Based off of: Kaneyoshi Mutoh (JAPAN)
Combat Victories: 26

Perrine H. Closterman
Based off of: Pierre H. Closterman (FRANCE)
Combat Victories: 26
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Clostermann

Franchesca Luchinni
Based off of: Franco Lucchini (ITALY)
Combat Victories: 21

Charlotte E. Yeager
Based off of: Charles E. Yeager (USA)
Combat Victories: 11.5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_E._Yeager

Sanya V. Litvyak
Based off of: Lidia Litvyak (USSR)
Combat Victories: No data found *Cries* (She didnt make the Aces list)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
Special Note: Disappeared on August 1, 1943 after only her 4th sortie. Believed to have been shot down near Stalingrad.

Combat victory data found at: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/aces/aces.htm#wwii

Makes me wonder what half of them would think of this series...LoL

Hartmann & Barkhorn ftw!
wow thats some neaty information and I knew about the 4 drunk officers that went to hitler and that someone took a hat but I never realised it was Hartmann who did that, that's some awesome reference to RL events... makes me wonder how Hitler would look like as a Strike Witch........

And YES I knew there where some actuall aerial fighters from the Netherlands in the WWII but never knew who those where woohooo now there is a excuse for me to speculate about some of them as strike witches. Does anybody know by the way what kind of fighter planes the The Netherlands used in WWII or if we even had plane designs of our own?

What I've also been wondering about is what about the Airborn paratroopers in Strike Witches Universe where they airborn witches carry about 1 to 3 or mayby 4 Tank Strikers. But of course those strikers would have to be based on The planes that carried them and does anybody know the types of planes they used for those airborn drops.

Cuzz hell If I'm not too lazy I actuall would love to draw one of those heavy duty strikers carrying some TankStrikers, but I do need to have some actuall WWII refference cuz that's some of the main reasons I love this show so much...
and the fanservice.....
and the aerial combat, altough AIC really effed up this part in my regard cuz if I wanted to see 3d rendered anime folks I would have played Valkyria Chronicles or a Tales game or Watched Final Fantasy and Ex machina.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 01:55   Link #464
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by supei_02 View Post
Thanks for the info, SuperKnuckles and SanyaChan
since the 2nd season started, I was hoping for announcements about new figurines but doesn't seem like its happening.. took a look at kotobukiya but those are really amazing. A little pricey to "collect 'em all"... I'd rather get figmas of a pairing and nendoroids of the 501 team to save money and space

I don't get why no one makes a figurine of Mio tho... isn't she a pretty good source of all that action in the anime?
Yeah, sadly it's a trickle right now. I hope the show is popular enough for a third season and by then, hopefully we might even have Figmas of ALL the girls. Longshot hope but I'll stay optimistic.

One thing for sure right now is that Lynette Bishop Nendoroid is in preproduction.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 03:01   Link #465
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sanya is the only one with out any combat victories (Cries)

o well maybe in the past he did not now he was reincarnated and became a she so that she can use MOE powers to save the world!

hows that for reincarnation
Old 2010-08-08, 08:21   Link #466
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
sanya is the only one with out any combat victories (Cries)

o well maybe in the past he did not now he was reincarnated and became a she so that she can use MOE powers to save the world!

hows that for reincarnation
Lydia Litvyak is a SHE
and one of the few female aces in WWII. She had a victory according to historic accounts (at least in that wiki anyway..) that made a Luftwaffe ace shocked finding out he was shot down by a woman..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post

Sanya V. Litvyak
Based off of: Lidia Litvyak (USSR)
Combat Victories: No data found *Cries* (She didnt make the Aces list)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
Special Note: Disappeared on August 1, 1943 after only her 4th sortie. Believed to have been shot down near Stalingrad.

Combat victory data found at: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/aces/aces.htm#wwii
I must have overlooked this post but... Lydia Litvyak has kills
It's just that in the list, her name was spelled incorrectly..

Lily Litvak (f) 12 WWII USSR
Katya Budanova (f) 11(6?) WWII USSR

The other female ace was Yekaterina "Katya" Budanova. Maybe they got confused with Lydia's nickname "White Lily of Stalingrad" or something..

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-08 at 08:38.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 10:41   Link #467
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Lydia Litvyak is a SHE
and one of the few female aces in WWII. She had a victory according to historic accounts (at least in that wiki anyway..) that made a Luftwaffe ace shocked finding out he was shot down by a woman..

I must have overlooked this post but... Lydia Litvyak has kills
It's just that in the list, her name was spelled incorrectly..

Lily Litvak (f) 12 WWII USSR
Katya Budanova (f) 11(6?) WWII USSR

The other female ace was Yekaterina "Katya" Budanova. Maybe they got confused with Lydia's nickname "White Lily of Stalingrad" or something..
oh well we will never know...........unless someone here has an ample of time and knowladge and resources coughcoughinternetcoughcough to reserch it
Old 2010-08-08, 11:04   Link #468
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
oh well we will never know...........unless someone here has an ample of time and knowladge and resources coughcoughinternetcoughcough to reserch it
I'm just trying to help out in the information part anyway.

I think the most of the people who watch Strike Witches wouldn't care that much about the historical references and the like.. so yeah... ^
(or maybe it was a bad generalization of mine..)

Sorry if i sounded like an imposing arm chair dork..

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-08 at 11:19.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 11:20   Link #469
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
I'm just trying to help out in the information part anyway.

I think the most of the people who watch Strike Witches wouldn't care that much about the historical references and the like.. so yeah... ^
(or maybe it was a bad generalization of mine..)

Sorry if i sounded like an imposing arm chair dork..
not at all

actually you may have created a new debate to debate over >_<

anyway here a cookie for ya
Old 2010-08-08, 13:58   Link #470
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Well now that we are talking about historical references I thought since season 1 was about the battle of britain which in real life took place in 1940 and was a turning point in the war.

I was wondeing how season 2 wil deal with the battle for Italy since in RL it took place in 1943 I believe and unlike the battle of britain it wasn't just an all aerial combat but was rather somewhat of a joint operation with both air and gound units where they even got support coming in from the africa content.

I know I'm in it for some historical refferences but I think people who haven't watched season 1, I think they don't really care that much for it actually and are more in for it for the fanservice, which isn't bad per sť but still, it is pretty saddening to know really.

Because I still hope for an appearence from major miles somehow, since there should be also some ground combat going in in the battle for Italy. And hell I'm more curious about the tank strikers appearence in the anime right now then the fighterplane strikers... <,< .... >,> I know I'm not in the majority on this one so I guess I better watch my back fom now on.

Last edited by Blue-Ultimate; 2010-08-08 at 14:23.
Old 2010-08-09, 01:47   Link #471
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Speaking of historical figures and aces and their correlation to Strike Witches, I wonder who the heck said the United States didn't have enough aces.

Also, it'd be cool if more lesser known nations' pilots gets represented. It'd be a total trip to have Canadian and Norwegian pilots.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:48   Link #472
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Speaking of historical figures and aces and their correlation to Strike Witches, I wonder who the heck said the United States didn't have enough aces.

Also, it'd be cool if more lesser known nations' pilots gets represented. It'd be a total trip to have Canadian and Norwegian pilots.
Lynette's essentially the Canadian ace.

Spoiler for :

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:05   Link #473
Dahak86
Occasional Member

Spoiler for ep6 preview pics - I didn't know light could do that:
looks like ep6 will be very interesting! too bad it'll be massacred by censors.. well, there's always dvds..
anyway, it will be an awesome ep! can't wait for it
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:27   Link #474
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
What I've also been wondering about is what about the Airborn paratroopers in Strike Witches Universe where they airborn witches carry about 1 to 3 or mayby 4 Tank Strikers. But of course those strikers would have to be based on The planes that carried them and does anybody know the types of planes they used for those airborn drops.
The Allies mainly used the C-47 ("Dakota" in British and Commonwealth service) for paratroop drops. The Luftwaffe used the Ju 52. The Japanese seem to have used a wider variety of aircraft, but US reports seem to indicate that the Ki-57 was most commonly encountered.

(None could airdrop tanks, of course.)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 11:34   Link #475
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ooooooh bath scene is awesome
Old 2010-08-09, 13:17   Link #476
MartianMage

Episode 5 was nice. Loved the part about gertrud's request and erica's request too. Was a bit surprised about the bit with Perrine donating all her money.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:33   Link #478
SanyaChan

somehow some of the links i cant see the picture in it ~_~ and lets hope for eila's infamous stare with shout of dont look @ sanya with such eyes!
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:42   Link #479
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
The Allies mainly used the C-47 ("Dakota" in British and Commonwealth service) for paratroop drops. The Luftwaffe used the Ju 52. The Japanese seem to have used a wider variety of aircraft, but US reports seem to indicate that the Ki-57 was most commonly encountered.

(None could airdrop tanks, of course.)
Sweat that really helped alot hmmmm let's seee. Let's start of with the C-47

I know it ain't perfect and yeah I got to admit I spend more time on the Tank-Strikers (Matilda II by the way) then the C-47. But I really want to see this in the anime, and I don't know if there where any paratroopers dropping in the RL Battle for Italy. But This is what I want to see in season 2 since shimada fumikane did a offical drawing of Major Miles (she is Mine rawrrrggggg) I guess since this isn't actually that impossible to happen in the Strike Witches Universe.

Time to DROP Girls, gonna be a tough RIDE, we're goin in HOT... you can see where' I'm going with this.

Cuz hell I really want to see this happen hellz yeah!!, and not only the Matilda II but some other famous tanks like that russian one, don't know the name, which destroyed the nazi's eastern front.

also link to C-47 sketch I made
http://blue-ultimate.deviantart.com/...etch-174693723
but stil it does have flaws.
I am not a real expert in on these planes but if there are any details I'm missing or important stuff let me know. Because I couldn't find any real trade marks for the plane besides the motors on the wings of course. I also don't know how to put a grapple hook on the striker without it having effect on the wind resistence, so anybody any ideas.

Just some thought but what do you guys want to see happining in Season 2?

1. What I want to see is a paratrooper drop hellz YEAH
second 2. I want to see NEUROI-GIRL damnit why did she have to die(again) right in the beginning of the second season I want to see some more of neuroi girl come on AIC give my some Neuroi-Chan :3
and Third 3. I want to see someone DIE.... yeah I know, but still it would be really emotional if someone died in front of everybody with blood everywhere you know.
Old 2010-08-09, 21:40   Link #480
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
whats so popular about this anime? the 90% girl cast? its the cast isnt it.. yea its the cast..

My friend said this anime is sexist >_> is it?

oh and whats the fastest they can go?

Tags
light novel adaptation, mecha musume