AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-25, 20:42   Link #2261
klare

Kanade the angel suppose to win the tournament, something evil is going on here...

will the Mio incident happen again?
Old 2010-08-25, 20:44   Link #2262
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Kanade the angel suppose to win the tournament, something evil is going on here...

will the Mio incident happen again?
Kanade wasn't forced down people's throats as the Moe Queen like Mio was; I can't imagine AB girls having nearly as many haters as Mio did (does?).
Old 2010-08-25, 20:45   Link #2263
Wanderer
Goat

1st, 254 votes, Index @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
2nd, 230 votes, Tachibana Kanade (Tenshi) @ Angel Beats!
3rd, 23 votes, Hanasaki Tsubomi (Cure Blossom) @ HeartCatch Pretty Cure!
4th, 20 votes, Suou Pavlichenko @ Darker than Black - Ryuusei no Gemini

527 total

1st, 244 votes, Inami Mahiru @ Working!!
2nd, 215 votes, Yui @ Angel Beats!
3rd, 23 votes, Lily Shiraishi @ Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
4th, 20 votes, Kamyu @ Utawarerumono OVA

502 total

I just got code number 615. Guestimate the number of (yet) unused codes that have been reserved at about 100-200 and the number of fake votes looks to be pretty minimal. We're looking at the real deal folks. F-block being close isn't a big surprise, but Index putting up such strong numbers suggests to me that tactical voting is going on here. Yuki fans obviously have a stake in Tenshi's demise, but I think Yamada@Working!! fans might also have something to gain here too if they can engineer a Haruhi-Yuki-Yamada split match favoring Yamada for the top of E-block. Lets not forget that a lot of Working!! voters are active today because of Mahiru and may choose Index for this reason.

I can't wait to see how this plays out

Incidentally I'm voting Index and Yui, for non-tactical reasons.
Old 2010-08-25, 20:54   Link #2264
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
1st, 254 votes, Index @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
2nd, 230 votes, Tachibana Kanade (Tenshi) @ Angel Beats!
3rd, 23 votes, Hanasaki Tsubomi (Cure Blossom) @ HeartCatch Pretty Cure!
4th, 20 votes, Suou Pavlichenko @ Darker than Black - Ryuusei no Gemini

527 total

1st, 244 votes, Inami Mahiru @ Working!!
2nd, 215 votes, Yui @ Angel Beats!
3rd, 23 votes, Lily Shiraishi @ Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
4th, 20 votes, Kamyu @ Utawarerumono OVA

502 total

I just got code number 615. Guestimate the number of (yet) unused codes that have been reserved at about 100-200 and the number of fake votes looks to be pretty minimal. We're looking at the real deal folks. F-block being close isn't a big surprise, but Index putting up such strong numbers suggests to me that tactical voting is going on here. Yuki fans obviously have a stake in Tenshi's demise, but I think Yamada@Working!! fans might also have something to gain here too if they can engineer a Haruhi-Yuki-Yamada split match favoring Yamada for the top of E-block. Lets not forget that a lot of Working!! voters are active today because of Mahiru and may choose Index for this reason.

I can't wait to see how this plays out

Incidentally I'm voting Index and Yui, for non-tactical reasons.
But there's a close margin between Index and Kanade, so clearing away the few fake votes may be enough to give the win to Kanade. Hopefully.

Update: Kanade's catching up. Index at 256 like before, Kanade at 242, now only a margin of 14. Inami's at 250, Yui at 225.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:13   Link #2265
OverFunk
2014 is the year

You see, the minute the slope of Index's curve decreases, the slope of Tenshi's curve increases. Both getting fakes is a classical technique to mask even further what's going on.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 21:17   Link #2266
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
You see, the minute the slope of Index's curve decreases, the slope of Tenshi's curve increases. Both getting fakes is a classical technique to mask even further what's going on.
Heh, and now Kanade is right on top of Index. I won't be able to guess what's going on until I get my code and compare it to Wanderer's.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:23   Link #2267
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut

My vote just gave Tenshi the lead. At this moment, it's 259-258.

Also, Yui is slightly gaining on Mahiru... Oh noes!
Old 2010-08-25, 21:24   Link #2268
OverFunk
2014 is the year

To elaborate, if the fake voter is in Index side, then fakes votes were being used to mask an actual Index comeback and now used to make it seem the same for Tenshi, when it may not be happening in fact, (i.e. low volume of fakes for Index, then a high volume of fakes for Tenshi).

This is speculation, it might be the exact opposite way around (in fact, I think it's more possible it's that way), so the best thing to do now is go do something else and wait for 12 hours to pass.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 21:31   Link #2269
Kudryavka

Quote:
To elaborate, if the fake voter is in Index side, then fakes votes were being used to mask an actual Index comeback and now used to make it seem the same for Tenshi, when it may not be happening in fact, (i.e. low volume of fakes for Index, then a high volume of fakes for Tenshi).

This is speculation, it might be the exact opposite way around (in fact, I think it's more possible it's that way), so the best thing to do now is go do something else and wait for 12 hours to pass.
No offense to you, but would someone seriously put that much work in just to throw off the ones trying to follow the tournament, knowing that their efforts wouldn't at all influence the final outcome? Gosh
Old 2010-08-25, 21:39   Link #2270
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Oh but it works.

See Suiseiseki-Yuki, Suigintou-Fate, and every match when Louise was set to lose badly and won. Shana opponents get it usually, latest of them Yui.

It is actually a working strategy (no Inami related pun here, I swear).

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 21:41   Link #2271
enxel
>_<

Great results for the cute alien and Shimada, but enough of that (even when it was only 8 words) because it's time for me to join the war:

E 1-2: <<インデックス@とある科学の超電磁砲>> (Index @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)

F 1-2: <<ユイ@Angel Beats!>> (Yui @ Angel Beats!)

Go Index, defeat any guard skills with your "library"! and Go Yui-nyan, my second favorite guitarrist named Yui!

It's not that I don't like Tenshi but IMHO I think Index is cuter, and on the other side, I was never able to like Inami, I don't dislike her either, I guess it's just normal level or something like that.

~Fuwa Fuwa Time~
Old 2010-08-25, 21:42   Link #2272
Kudryavka

Quote:
Oh but it works.

See Suiseiseki-Yuki, Suigintou-Fate, and every match when Louise was set to lose badly and won. Shana opponents get it usually, latest of them Yui.

How does it succeed?
Old 2010-08-25, 21:47   Link #2273
OverFunk
2014 is the year

You see your character is winning. Then you relax and think "I may sit out this one", as it is pretty fucking hard to cast a vote.

Now other 20 fans of your character do the same. You lost 20 votes that easily. It is pretty hard however, to campaign and gather 20 votes from other people.

Oh you can see your character is catching up, then you can probably sigh and say, maybe my vote won't be needed after all...

And you only need to have one guy spamming fakes to accomplish that.

It is pretty amazing, I think.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 21:48   Link #2274
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Quote:
Oh but it works.

I can see that happening. Does it happen with enough frequency that it significantly alters the outcome of a match... I really don't know.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:50   Link #2275
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
Discussion time! I'm actually curious about these examples. Please explain.
Explained here.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:51   Link #2276
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Explained here.
Yeah, as soon as I posted, I saw that post and changed mine...
Old 2010-08-25, 21:54   Link #2277
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Thanks for assisting to Fake Vote Mechanics 101.

Fake vote reversal was actually a common phrase back in 2007. We actually coined the term here, not sure who it was.

Do note that the scenario pictured above is possible thanks to having a diverse pool of voters every day, so not all might be aware of the politics going on behind...

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 22:01   Link #2278
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

*looks at graph*

God knows whats happening right now. best to wait it out.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:05   Link #2279
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Quote:
Thanks for assisting to Fake Vote Mechanics 101.

Fake vote reversal was actually a common phrase back in 2007. We actually coined the term here, not sure who it was.

Do note that the scenario pictured above is possible thanks to having a diverse pool of voters every day, so not all might be aware of the politics going on behind...
2007... I might be mixing up years, but wasn't that the year of the Mad Dog. I remember abandoning the Saimoe thread here, because of that. I'm sorry for bringing up old, unwanted/unnecessary things from the past. It took me halfway until the next tournament to start posting again on Moe tournament threads here.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:13   Link #2280
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Yep, Mad Dog that year, and the following ISML had a lot of him too (which despite him, was pretty damned fun).

2007 was the golden year on Saimoe activity here. Seishi will agree to that.

Never forget
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, saimoe