AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-25, 22:18   Link #2281
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
2007 was the golden year on Saimoe activity here. Seishi will agree to that.
Bans left-right-and-center, trolling all day every day, and on top of that my very first experience with a moe contest. It's like an inescapable black hole of craziness, awesomeness, and despair all in one. Oh how times change.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:19   Link #2282
enxel
>_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
2007... I might be mixing up years, but wasn't that the year of the Mad Dog. I remember abandoning the Saimoe thread here, because of that. I'm sorry for bringing up old, unwanted/unnecessary things from the past. It took me halfway until the next tournament to start posting again on Moe tournament threads here.
Wow, it really sounds like those were very interesting/rough/fun? years.

~Fuwa Fuwa Time~
Old 2010-08-25, 22:23   Link #2283
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

>Mad Dog

anyway, lots of epic "told" in 2007. ah the memories. when the dust has settled, the thread had like 12000 posts
Old 2010-08-25, 22:43   Link #2284
Kudryavka

Mad Dog did the thing?
Old 2010-08-25, 22:56   Link #2285
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Oh boy we're talking about 2007? The most vivid memories include the hilarity that went down after Kagami's lost, and it was really touching how people were campaingning for Rika.

As of the current match, both Tenshi and Index's lines look incredibly unnatural, yet the vote count isn't exactly off-the-charts either. At most there would only be around 50 fakes, though that could easily change the standings. I guess the best course of action now is to just wait it out. Personally, I'll try to join the last minute rush tomorrow, it's gonna be fun~

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-08-25, 23:06   Link #2286
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
No offense to you, but would someone seriously put that much work in just to throw off the ones trying to follow the tournament, knowing that their efforts wouldn't at all influence the final outcome? Gosh
Unfortunately, Saimoe is an event where JP voters are the one that make the difference, and foreigners do less. They treat Saimoe seriously, and will go to great length just to ensure that their girl wins the match. So trick like fake voting does work... coz it affect the Japanese more than the foreigners, thus affecting the final outcome of the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post

anyway, lots of epic "told" in 2007. ah the memories. when the dust has settled, the thread had like 12000 posts
Heh that was the moment when a single day could generate over 20 pages of discussion trolls thanks to him. He's a legend in both AS and 4ch at that time
Old 2010-08-25, 23:18   Link #2287
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Yup, Rena-Kagami, Hina-Luna, Suigintou-Fate, Maria-Kagami, Suigintou-Louise.

It was a hell of a ride.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-25, 23:35   Link #2288
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Unfortunately, Saimoe is an event where JP voters are the one that make the difference, and foreigners do less. They treat Saimoe seriously, and will go to great length just to ensure that their girl wins the match. So trick like fake voting does work... coz it affect the Japanese more than the foreigners, thus affecting the final outcome of the match.

Heh that was the moment when a single day could generate over 20 pages of discussion trolls thanks to him. He's a legend in both AS and 4ch at that time
Um, I'm sure that if I did the same "tactic" for the trolleriffic lulz, it wouldn't be any different than a Jap person doing it. The point is to screw with people's will to vote and keep everyone guessing. It doesn't affect Japanese people any more than it affects the few non-Japanese who care about Saimoe.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:19   Link #2289
OverFunk
2014 is the year

You would need the tools to do that, or you'd be promptly banned. As you need something to not have the same 2ch ID per post to actually fool the vote tracker.

What do they use? Only god knows.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-26, 00:27   Link #2290
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
You would need the tools to do that, or you'd be promptly banned. As you need something to not have the same 2ch ID per post to actually fool the vote tracker.

What do they use? Only god knows.
It probably involves giving 2chan money; why anyone would pay a chan is true utter unknowingnessity.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:39   Link #2291
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
It probably involves giving 2chan money; why anyone would pay a chan is true utter unknowingnessity.
More like, proxies.

Old 2010-08-26, 00:40   Link #2292
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
More like, proxies.
What kind of proxy gets into Saimoe?
Old 2010-08-26, 01:47   Link #2293
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
What kind of proxy gets into Saimoe?
Anything that can post in 2ch or the axillary thread would do.

Old 2010-08-26, 01:50   Link #2294
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Anything that can post in 2ch or the axillary thread would do.
As much as I've tried using proxies to vote (because I'm, you know, banned for no reason), they've never worked for me. Maybe someone knows something I don't.
Old 2010-08-26, 03:03   Link #2295
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
It's easier in Linux than Windows in my experience - if you have access to various computers in different locations (so different IPs), you can just SSH into htem and start webbrowsers in them. Of course, there's a dire limit to the number of fakes you can generate like this and actually if you can do this then you may as well generate real codes and make your votes real. But then... is Linux even popular in Japan?

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-08-26, 05:21   Link #2296
Ithekro
Warning

I wonder if 2ch still has a dislike for Key products despite how well Clannad did. Angel Beats is still generally considered a Key product, or near-Key production.
Old 2010-08-26, 06:23   Link #2297
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

can anyone give me code. my ip is been block
Old 2010-08-26, 06:34   Link #2298
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
can you post on 2ch or the aux thread?
Old 2010-08-26, 06:36   Link #2299
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

aux thread?

sorry i am new but what that?
Old 2010-08-26, 06:42   Link #2300
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...15#post3074215 I have a vote code for a Tenshi voter that can post the vote. Please PM me

Tags
2010, saimoe