AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 21:12   Link #61
Gin
*Artist

I like that Gin succeded at mindfucking Ichigo when even Ai-chan failed to do it. (Even if Gin was using Ai-chan to scare Ichigo) It seemed like Ai-chan stopped Gin from killing Ichigo and was even a little mad that Gin was going to kill him.
I'm a little dissapointed that there was no GinRan this chapter, but I have faith in Kubo, and I believe that he will either show us the reunion via flashback at some point in the next couple of chapters, or Rangiku will have a monologue about her and Gin's relationship.

Also, it was total lulz when Ai-chan said he was going to eat Ichigo.
Old 2010-06-02, 21:17   Link #62
Nite-Wing

Was that the real translation?
He said he would eat ichigo.........really so this would suggest that Ichigo is more hollow then shinigami at this point if Aizen wants to eat him.
Old 2010-06-02, 21:24   Link #63
orangejuicetang

Or perhaps Aizen wants to 'eat' Ichigo... in another sense?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 21:56   Link #64
Gin
*Artist

Maybe its like when a lion becomes the pack leader he kills all the old leaders kids? Ai-chan just beat Isshin and became the lion king (with a glorious mane) and now he has to eat Isshin's kids to asert his dominance over the pack. Except I think maybe lion packs are called prides I'm not really sure.
Old 2010-06-02, 22:25   Link #65
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So basically the Matsumoto scene was just to fuck with us -__- like how Hisagi and Kensei little eye contact
Old 2010-06-02, 22:44   Link #66
kamyu

i'm surprised no one caught on to (or at least mentioned anyway) the key point of this chapter.
isshin went out of his way to have a little speech specifically talking about how he (and by extension urahara and yoruichi) couldn't sense aizen. how aizen is on such a higher level that they couldn't even perceive how outclassed they were.
ichigo COULD sense aizen's power. he DID know he was doomed. that's why he has been pissing his pants these past few chapters.

but of course the fact that ichigo is the only one able to fathom aizen's powers automatically means he is the only one that will be able to defeat aizen (big surprise there).
Old 2010-06-02, 22:44   Link #67
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
So basically the Matsumoto scene was just to fuck with us -__- like how Hisagi and Kensei little eye contact
prob not, she might go with Isshin and ichigo .
Old 2010-06-02, 22:54   Link #68
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
i'm surprised no one caught on to (or at least mentioned anyway) the key point of this chapter.
isshin went out of his way to have a little speech specifically talking about how he (and by extension urahara and yoruichi) couldn't sense aizen. how aizen is on such a higher level that they couldn't even perceive how outclassed they were.
ichigo COULD sense aizen's power. he DID know he was doomed. that's why he has been pissing his pants these past few chapters.

but of course the fact that ichigo is the only one able to fathom aizen's powers automatically means he is the only one that will be able to defeat aizen (big surprise there).
OR Gin made him scared with his little speech + after seeing Urahara and company got beat and plus Ichigo sucks at sensing spiritual pressure
Old 2010-06-02, 22:54   Link #69
velocd
/facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Didn't think of it that way. It's all coming together now..

Spoiler:
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 23:02   Link #70
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post

Didn't think of it that way. It's all coming together now..

Spoiler:

Maybe he is
Is gay marriage legal in SS ?
Old 2010-06-02, 23:10   Link #71
Lendial

he wants to make an army of hybrid mullet/hollow babies obviously.
Old 2010-06-02, 23:11   Link #72
kamyu

Quote:
OR Gin made him scared with his little speech + after seeing Urahara and company got beat and plus Ichigo sucks at sensing spiritual pressure
maybe, if you discount all the obvious talk about "understanding" power throughout the entire chapter.

also, the whole ichigo sucks at sensing spiritual pressure bit kinda went out the window a long time ago. the same window that spirit threads went out (that supposedly high level sensing technique that even 'sucky sensor' ichigo could do).
Old 2010-06-02, 23:40   Link #73
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I like that Gin succeded at mindfucking Ichigo when even Ai-chan failed to do it.
And thus Gin continues to prove he's a better Villain than Aizen...
Quote:
I'm so glad we get yet another chapter of "oh look Aizen is not really hurt, he's just so OMFG powerful" as opposed to a chance at getting somekind of intriguing character development

Quote:
also, the whole ichigo sucks at sensing spiritual pressure bit kinda went out the window a long time ago. the same window that spirit threads went out (that supposedly high level sensing technique that even 'sucky sensor' ichigo could do).
Y'know i don't recall them mentioning him having bad sensing ability... i recall he was bad at controlling his power, but don't recall him being particularly bad at senescing
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 23:48   Link #74
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:

Maybe he is
Is gay marriage legal in SS ?
It's the most likely reason Aizen wanted to leave S.S. This whole ascending to God status is all a cover.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 23:54   Link #75
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know i don't recall them mentioning him having bad sensing ability... i recall he was bad at controlling his power, but don't recall him being particularly bad at senescing
It was mentioned back in the SS arc but a lot has happened since then and I'm guessing the assumption is that his skills have improved.

I think kamyu brought up a really great point. I noticed it too - Kubo made a point to show that Ichigo is the only one who knows how powerful Aizen truly is. That's why he's shitting his pants.

Still, this chapter makes me annoyed in ways I don't want to be annoyed on a Thursday afternoon.

F*ck you Kubo for writing such a shitty manga.
Old 2010-06-03, 00:02   Link #76
King Lycan
*IT Support

Nobody seems to think that Gin is probably the one who is making Ichigo so scared or the fact that he KO'ed Urahara, Soi Fon And Isshin ? I doubt Ichigo got some kinda of spirtual pressure reading power boost(yet) and also Ichigo understanding before urahara ? Plus only Isshin said he couldn't read Aizen's reiatsu didn't hear Urahara of Soi Fon saying anything about that . And who said they weren't scared too lol .
Old 2010-06-03, 00:13   Link #77
kamyu

Quote:
Nobody seems to think that Gin is probably the one who is making Ichigo so scared or the fact that he KO'ed Urahara, Soi Fon And Isshin ? I doubt Ichigo got some kinda of spirtual pressure reading power boost(yet) and also Ichigo understanding before urahara ? Plus only Isshin said he couldn't read Aizen's reiatsu didn't hear Urahara of Soi Fon saying anything about that . And who said they weren't scared too lol .
*yoruichi XD

so ichigo is so scared of gin and yet he repeatedly turns his back on him? nah

urahara had to ask isshin how it went and both were surprised when aizen stepped out. it isn't that big of a leap to say urahara couldn't sense him either.
Old 2010-06-03, 00:21   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After reading the synopsis, it makes perfect sense why Isshin could use GT....NOT!
Old 2010-06-03, 00:26   Link #79
bozan

Quote:

I was surprised too - I thought this was obvious since Kubo clearly had to be alluding to someone when he had Isshin say that the only people who could sense Aizen are those on his level - and then a couple panels later Gin points out that Ichigo can "understand" his power. Throw in the fact that Ichigo had that transformation with long hair against ulquiorra, and you can start to understand why Ichigo would be the only on that could realize how powerful he was. I don't think it has anything to do with skill at sensing reiatsu; isshin's point was that it goes beyond sensing
bozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 01:02   Link #80
SeanQ

Geez another skipped battle scene ...really?
Boom!!! Yoruichi-Uruhara-Ishin down...nice work...

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread