AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-05-27, 02:05   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 749 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, spoiler's here! Credit goes to Aohige and Redon from AP for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Rascals Attack". Splash page features Dadan, who has a dream about the trio of brothers she looked after.

-After Pica's arm is destroyed, the other Dofla goons try to attack Luffy, but they get intercepted by the gladiator allies. As Pica is about to punch with his other arm, both Chinjao and Elizabello are both ready to counter him again, but they get stopped by Zoro. He says the giant will merely regenerate his arms if they get destroyed, so it's pointless to attack him until they discover the source of his power. The stone-man's fist then crashes upon the town, damaging it further....

-The gladiators wonder where Luffy went, and they find that his group are running on Pica's arm (with Abdullah and Jeet still in tow, heh). The giant regenerates his left arm and is ready to attack again, but Luffy is prepared this time; he counters with a Grizzly Magnum, destroying the stone giant's head! However, the battle is not over yet, as emerging from the wreckage..... is Pica's real body! It also turns out he wields a gigantic sword, which he swings at Luffy's group. The first slash is dodged, but the second one gets blocked by Zoro! The battle between two swordsmen now begins.....

-While Zoro handles Pica and the gladiators handle the fodder, Law confides to Luffy about an old friend of his. Unfortunately, this friend had his life taken by the hands of Doflamingo 13 years ago. The friend in question was Doflamingo's younger brother, Corazon...!!!

As for the break, it turns out that Oda's having a tonsillectomy, so it's nothing really serious (thank goodness!). He even left a message for the fans saying that he'll be in top-top shape soon!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-05-28 at 00:51.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 03:14   Link #2
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Has it been elaborated anywhere just what exactly Oda's condition is? It can't be something minor if he needs to spend some time at the hospital.
Old 2014-05-27, 06:58   Link #3
K. Shiruto

Well, it's really nothing serious. From what it's being told, Oda's hospialization is due to smoking, lack of good nutrition and overexertion. The additional week break is because this is the 4th One Piece chapter in a row. After 4 chapters the magazine always puts the series on break.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 07:17   Link #4
Altes
Banned

A flashback about Cora-san? I have doubts about it, we're in the middle of a fight.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 09:28   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Well, it's really nothing serious. From what it's being told, Oda's hospialization is due to smoking, lack of good nutrition and overexertion. The additional week break is because this is the 4th One Piece chapter in a row. After 4 chapters the magazine always puts the series on break.

Well, I hope that's the case, as far as his health is concerned. But this is also more proof that the guy could use a little more time off, methinks.....

Anyways, AP's Redon confirmed an extra little fact about the spoiler: Corazon is Doflamingo's younger brother. Perhaps Dofla killed him as well? I mean, the dude's already admitted to committing patricide......
Old 2014-05-27, 10:07   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

refresh my memory but when was Corazon first mention in One Piece? For some reason I don't recall this name.
Old 2014-05-27, 10:38   Link #7
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
refresh my memory but when was Corazon first mention in One Piece? For some reason I don't recall this name.
Never. But Law was thinking about a Cora-san when Doflamingo was kicking the shit out of him, and there's a popular theory that it was the missing owner of the empty Hearts Seat whose name was Corazon (following the card suit theme of other guys' names - Trebol, Pica and Diamante).
Old 2014-05-27, 11:27   Link #8
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Hope Oda make speedy recovery. Him taking long break for his health is something that I would not mind.
Old 2014-05-27, 11:29   Link #9
Rainbowman

Get well soon Oda.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 00:00   Link #10
BPD Renegade

D: He's only 39 and he's constantly in the hospital. It's a bit disconcerting.

Wasn't expecting to get any info on Corazon anytime soon, so this is a (pleasant?) surprise.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 00:19   Link #11
marvelB

Okay guys, the reason for Oda's hospitalization has been clarified now: He's having a tonsillectomy. So yeah, nothing very serious. He even left a message for the fans, apologizing for the hiatus and promising that he'll return fit as a fiddle after the surgery! So I think this makes for a nice breath of relief (though I do think he could actually use a little more vacation time).....
Old 2014-05-28, 00:24   Link #12
kakakka

^Even so, he should take care himself more.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 00:52   Link #13
marvelB

^Oh, I definitely agree. The guy needs to lay off the cigarettes, for sure.....

Anyways, summary's up, guys!
Old 2014-05-28, 01:43   Link #14
BPD Renegade

^Thanks.

Fitting that Pica's a swordsman. Everyone's getting the sword vs. sword battle they've been wanting... Just not with the expected opponent.

Aaaand looks like next chapter will be flashback time...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 02:47   Link #15
marvelB

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have to eat crow now that it seems to be proven that Pica ISN'T a logia after all (I was really hoping for a rock-type logia, too.....). I also kinda wished that the battle against him remained a team battle rather than just another sword fight, but oh well. I do at least find it amusing that Zoro made fun of the guy's soprano voice, heh.

Also, Law's cool with getting revenge on Dofla now rather than letting Kaidou take care of him. Really do wonder what kind of person Corazon was....?
Old 2014-05-28, 03:03   Link #16
Altes
Banned

So I guess flashback starts in the next chapter? Now should be a good time to stop with this teasing with Corazon aka Cora-san. If he was Doflamingo's brother, it means that he's killed not one, but two Tenryubitos. Damn.
Old 2014-05-28, 04:53   Link #17
DarkHollowIchigo

Most epic moment of the manga, ZORO: "My captain has got no business with a chunk of stone like you, suck it up and just deal with me instead!

Quote:
Really do wonder what kind of person Corazon was....?
Well a few things we do know:
- He supported Law (Benefactor)
- Family top leader (Donquixote)
- Ex-member of the Donquixote, did he leave?
- Doflamingo's real brother

I have a strong feeling that Corazon did not agree with how things were going or how their view was, and Doflamingo found out.
Old 2014-05-28, 09:13   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Has it been elaborated anywhere just what exactly Oda's condition is? It can't be something minor if he needs to spend some time at the hospital.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peritonsillar_abscess
its great news that Oda's finally getting the treatment he needs to be back in top condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have to eat crow now that it seems to be proven that Pica ISN'T a logia after all (I was really hoping for a rock-type logia, too.....). I also kinda wished that the battle against him remained a team battle rather than just another sword fight, but oh well. I do at least find it amusing that Zoro made fun of the guy's soprano voice, heh.
I agree. Not only are team up fights not seen often in this series and thus a nice change of pace, but I also found Pica pulling out a sword to be really random. Seems like he should have tried to like reshape the stones that made up his arm to attack Luffy and the others. Heck, his best advantage is that his powers kinda allowing him to keep his distance when fighting; allow him to attack while others do not know where to strike back
Old 2014-05-28, 09:38   Link #19
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, Law's cool with getting revenge on Dofla now rather than letting Kaidou take care of him. Really do wonder what kind of person Corazon was....?
BOOM! PARAMECIA BABY!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:00   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

get well soon, Oda... because you have to explain this Corazon dude to me.. I can't remember him at all

anyway.. I like how Luffy smashed Peeka's face.. and finally Zoro face his worthy opponent

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote