AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-07-20, 09:15   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 833 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, a spoiler summary (or at least partial one) is out! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "Vinsmoke Judge". splash is another color page related to Film Gold.

-Continuing from last chapter, Sanji faces off against his father, Judge. Before the fight begins, we see Yonji, who received a Parage Shot from his older brother (and is still in the middle of fixing his face, lol). We learn that Judge, who also has the nickname of "Garuda", trained Sanji to fight with a sword. He also mentions how science evolves through war. In fact, his lightning spear weapon seems to be a result of that advanced science...

-Sanji has a brief flashback of his childhood. He and his brothers Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji are quadruplets. Back at that time, Sanji was always bullied by his brothers and his father. It seems that he liked to cook for the "rats" (may or may not be Judge's way of referring to commoners), an action that Judge does not take kindly. Furthermore, when he was bullied by his brothers, he was refused help from his father, who considered him useless. Even Reiju merely stepped back to laugh at him. Thus ends the flashback...

-Back to the fight, Judge proves to hold an advantage with his lightning spear. Nonetheless, Sanji puts up a fairly good fight, which impresses Reiju and some of the watching Germa soldiers. Even Judge is surprised by his son's strength when one of his blows gets blocked with what seems to be CoA haki (original summary wasn't clear on this part). The king then explains his goal is to re-conquer North Blue with the added power of his alliance with Big Mom. He considers the impress to be a "crazy hag" and didn't want to marry off his beloved sons to one of her daughters. That is... until he recalled Sanji's existence. He intends to make his estranged third son a sacrifice for the sake of his ambition, and just as Sanji doesn't consider him a father, Judge does not consider Sanji to be a son, either....

-As the battle intensifies, Judge summons a literal wall of soldiers to block his son's attack. He then penetrates through the wall of bodies with his spear, defeating Sanji! After his loss, Sanji is forced to wear handcuffs, which Judge explains are the same as the collars the world nobles make their slaves wear. Should Sanji attempt to escape the island, the cuffs will explode! The cuffs were lent to Judge by Big Mom, and only she has the keys to them. Judge then tells Sanji that he must get married, even if it's against his will....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-07-21 at 03:05.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 13:58   Link #2
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Boy, early spoilers. When Oda said it'd be the year of Sanji he wasn't kidding.

I hope we get early spoilers of other series.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 03:04   Link #3
marvelB

Updated the summary! Boy, Sanji really does have a lousy relationship with his family. No wonder he ditched them for East Blue (even if it nearly resulted in him starving to death)....
Old 2016-07-21, 05:30   Link #4
mickbis

Hmm... both Sanji and Pudding are so alike that their situation sound basically the same
expendable son/daugther to further their parent ambition
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:17   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

One of the best OP chapters in many, many months...worth every single week taken for data gathering.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 08:10   Link #6
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
One of the best OP chapters in many, many months...worth every single week taken for data gathering.
I agree. The Germa storyline keeps exceeding my expectations. Sanji's backstory was great and after so long of waiting for it, it completely lives up to the hype. I didn't expect his father to be a complete villain though. I wonder if he'll even make it out this arc alive. Big Mom will probably end up eating him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 08:20   Link #7
Ultragunner

um...are u about this Sanji's daddy? I think you haven't been around the New World long enough to see how much of a scrub you are compared to the Yonko
Old 2016-07-21, 09:08   Link #8
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Hmm... both Sanji and Pudding are so alike that their situation sound basically the same
expendable son/daugther to further their parent ambition
Except Pudding is actually on her mother's side.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 10:13   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Except Pudding is actually on her mother's side.
Meh, she is neutral anyway and she appreciate if Sanji refuses it.

I wonder what happened if Sanji evolves to a demon (On Thriller Bark he was narrowly turned into a Flame Demon because of Absalom) and defeat his own father once he saw Nami and she was being threatened.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 10:48   Link #10
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Jajji didn't look impressive to me. Honestly I can see Sanji taking him down. He was holding back against his father's dirty tactics, because he didn't want to attack those soldiers. If that hadn't happened, this fight might have turned out differently. Jajji used all those crazy movements to get his hits in and yet Sanji looked almost unscathed.
Old 2016-07-21, 11:09   Link #11
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Jajji didn't look impressive to me. Honestly I can see Sanji taking him down. He was holding back against his father's dirty tactics, because he didn't want to attack those soldiers. If that hadn't happened, this fight might have turned out differently. Jajji used all those crazy movements to get his hits in and yet Sanji looked almost unscathed.
Honestly, I feel as if that match was just for show for Jaji. The father seems like a pragmatic person to me. Sanji is only fine because of the wedding coming up, why beat up and give a broken guy as a groom?

That's not to say Sanji isn't good but not trying to be biased.

I'm more interested in Raiju tbh. She may have laughed at Sanji but specifically she was not part of the brothers that physically abused him. Interesting that part imo.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 11:34   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Honestly, I feel as if that match was just for show for Jaji. The father seems like a pragmatic person to me. Sanji is only fine because of the wedding coming up, why beat up and give a broken guy as a groom?

That's not to say Sanji isn't good but not trying to be biased.

I'm more interested in Raiju tbh. She may have laughed at Sanji but specifically she was not part of the brothers that physically abused him. Interesting that part imo.
Honestly I'm not sure that is a big distinction. It might just have reflected her position. That it wouldn't be proper for a daughter to be doing that kind of thing.

I still think Sanji could stomp this guy if he really was determined to do that. Just didn't get a feel from the fight that this guy would be that tough for Sanji to deal with. More slowed down by the cheap tactics and in his gut wishing that he could find something in his family that wasn't detestable.
Old 2016-07-21, 11:58   Link #13
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I'm not sure that is a big distinction. It might just have reflected her position. That it wouldn't be proper for a daughter to be doing that kind of thing.

I still think Sanji could stomp this guy if he really was determined to do that. Just didn't get a feel from the fight that this guy would be that tough for Sanji to deal with. More slowed down by the cheap tactics and in his gut wishing that he could find something in his family that wasn't detestable.
Don't get me wrong, I think Raiju is just like her brothers as of the past and this moment in the manga. I think it means she'll be more of a mental abuser for Sanji.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:03   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

This arc might turned out longer than I expected
Sanji got a quite messed-up situation
I wonder if Luffy and friends might to reach Sanji first before meeting Big Mom
I expected a crashed-wedding chapters soon
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:11   Link #15
Rainbowman

There's some shady business going on in this chapter. Jajji only cares about what he wants and considers Charlotte Linlin to be a tool. I feel that Jajji is to Big Mom like Shredder is to Krang from TMNT Out of the Shadows. At any rate Jajji is among the worst parents in One Piece. Seeing as I don't see Sanji's mother I could only assume she was killed off by Jajji for power reasons.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:42   Link #16
Wandering Soul

Jaji doesn't seem very strong. I'm pretty sure that once something is done about the handcuffs., Sanji can beat him.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:03   Link #17
marvelB

Hmm, personally I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate Judge. Yes, I also wouldn't doubt that Sanji could beat him, but the guy clearly isn't a pushover, either (he even acknowledged Sanji's use of haki, after all). In a way, Judge sorta feels to me like a NW version of Don Krieg.... he may rely on weapons and dirty tactics, but that doesn't make him any less of a tough customer in his own right. And upon further consideration, the comparison is even more apt, considering that Krieg was the villain of Sanji's debut arc....
Old 2016-07-21, 13:25   Link #18
The Small One

I wonder if those handcuffs even work. Shouldn't CoA Haki help against a point blank explosion? (Even the bird guy did survive an explosion without Haki, so with Haki it shouldn't even hurt)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 13:38   Link #19
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Sure, it was pretty cute when she put the explosive wristlets without Sanji noticing, what a good sister
And like you said, yea, possibily a mental abuser.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:41   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder if those handcuffs even work. Shouldn't CoA Haki help against a point blank explosion? (Even the bird guy did survive an explosion without Haki, so with Haki it shouldn't even hurt)
It should, although to what extent remains to be seen; Sanji needs his hands in top condition in order to exercise his cooking skills.

That aside, Sanji said he would use his hands if his enemy was an ingredient to be cooked...knife and fork vs zoans, anyone?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote