AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-08-06, 15:09   Link #161
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
About the younger Shichibuka image; I've been wondering why Teach looks like he is depressed? Perhaps we will be seeing a BB flashback sometime in the future.
Maybe he has a solid reason for taking this "evil" route to One Piece.
His epic speech back in Jaya keeps swaying me to believe that he's not as bad as he appears.
Yeah, I addressed this too. It's as if he's frustrated about something. BB is normally exuberant, so it makes one wonder what could have been bothering him.
Old 2011-08-07, 08:01   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^He looks like someone who just got his lunch money stolen by a bunch of bullies.

How old are the shichibukai supposed to be in these drawings? Doflamingo hasn't changed one bit
Old 2011-08-08, 11:08   Link #163
marvelB

^Their age wasn't specified, but they all seem to be in their tweens to me. And yeah, Teach is lookin' pretty emo in that there pic. Looks like in addition to ol' Crocoboy (or girl?), we've got another former warlord with a complicated past.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Pandaman or something...

I'll bet that's exactly who the father turns out to be!

But really, no matter who the father is, I actually have no objections to Makino being a mommy. OP could use more hot milfs, after all.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:46   Link #164
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But really, no matter who the father is, I actually have no objections to Makino being a mommy. OP could use more hot milfs, after all.
I highly agree with this.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:56   Link #165
Undertaker

Quote:
^Their age wasn't specified, but they all seem to be in their tweens to me. And yeah, Teach is lookin' pretty emo in that there pic. Looks like in addition to ol' Crocoboy (or girl?), we've got another former warlord with a complicated past.....

I'll bet that's exactly who the father turns out to be!

All Jokes aside, Shanks is the obvious choice here with Sabo being the long shot. Unless Makino pulled a Rouge, there's no way the kid is Ace's

And yes milf rules, I would love to see a milf-ied Hancock and Robin (with Luffy's kids preferably)
Old 2011-08-08, 23:46   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
and Robin (with Luffy's kids preferably)
Mind does not connect these two together.
Old 2011-08-09, 13:08   Link #167
marvelB

The greatest milf of them all will undoubtedly be Big Mom.....

Oh, and thinking about it, Oda should totally draw kid versions of the supernovas too, while he's at it. Boy, I'd love to see how guys like Capone, Apoo, Urouge, and Kidd looked in their younger years (Urouge probably had that goofy grin of his frozen on his face even back then! ). Heck maybe we could even see Caribou and his brother when they were little brats (I can sooooo see them torturing helpless little animals as kids)......
Old 2011-08-10, 05:10   Link #168
Undertaker

I want to see chibi Killer, I'm dying to know what's under his mask...
Old 2011-11-01, 09:56   Link #169
marvelB

Well, as I'm sure some of are aware of right now, the latest volume has been released. And so, we have a new preview:

You may recall that the last preview I posted showed the Shichibukai as kids, so just what does volume 64 bring to the table.....?

Spoiler:

Very fun stuff here! Can't wait for the rest of the info to arrive!
Old 2011-11-01, 11:49   Link #170
Kallen4life

.. is Kid Law dissecting a frog ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 11:52   Link #171
marvelB

^Well, he is the "Surgeon of Death".....

BTW, I like how Oda's referencing a past SBS with chibi Killer (where he mentioned that noodles were his favorite food).
Old 2011-11-01, 12:57   Link #172
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I have the feeling that Eutass Kid will probably be able to combine with enough metal to become a giant robot next time lol, since he's interested in robot toys.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 14:09   Link #173
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hope this picture of Chibi Law clears the stupid "Sabo = Law" theory...then again the grown up Sabo picture Oda drew earlier didn't do much...

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 15:27   Link #174
Kallen4life

Kid Eustass Kid :O
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 13:26   Link #175
marvelB

'Nother small update:

Remember that whole confusion some chapters back when Hody apparently threw a water bullet that traveled 150 kilometers from the plaza? Well, that's been fixed:

Spoiler:

Note that the fixed version of the text doesn't show the distance anymore, but merely says "Mermaid Cove". I guess Oda had trouble deciding what distance to settle on himself, so he left it blank in the end....

Shall update once more info is available.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:57   Link #176
marvelB

UUUUUUPDAAATEEEE TIIIIIMMMEEEEE ~~~~

So the rest of the SBS is out now! Let's get the most interesting info out of the way first, shall we?

-The shark Megalo is based on the real-life (extinct) megalodon shark.

-We get two more supernova birthdays! It's October 24 for X Drake (comes from X representing the number 10 as well as being the 24th letter in the alphabet), and January 17 for Capone (Al Capone's birthday in real life, naturally).

-Somebody asks how VA (not RA) Strawberry's hair looks under his hat. Oda promptly responds:

Spoiler:

-Apparently, Ikaros Much is 4 times more ticklish under his armpit than a regular person....

-Someone asks how people are able to collect bounty money in the OP world. Oda replies that you'll still receive payment if the bounty head is dead, but if the person turning in a bounty is a pirate themselves, they'll obviously get arrested instead. So instead, that pirate would only gain more infamy if he/she took down a well-known bounty head.

-Somebody asks what those bubble rings that we've seen some merpeople riding around are. Oda explains that they're basically the same type of soap bubbles we've seen at Sabaody.

-Somebody points out the mermaid that resembles Luffy's drawing of Nami all those years ago (from Jinbei's flashback, in case anyone forgot).

-Now here's a really interesting one: Recall that back in ch. 498 Brooke's long-arm managers mentioned something about "TD" sales. Turns out it's referring to the Tone Dials. See, during the two years that passed, the blue seas people managed to adapt the technology themselves and even improved upon the original design. They come in pairs and work similarly to CDs.

-And now the most interesting info out of them all: Someone asks Oda what sort of justice Kizaru follows. He answers "Uncertain Justice"..... which, interestingly enough, was even written on the wall of his office during Jinbei's flashback. He also reminds us of Akainu and Aokiji's mottos ("Absolute" and "Lazy" Justice, respectively). However, around the time of Robin's flashback, Aokiji's brand of justice used to be "Blazing Justice", which obviously changed over time.

But most important of all: Oda notes that a "big incident" took place amongst the marine at some point during the timeskip, and that he's anxious to reveal it to us readers soon......

I dunno about anyone else, but this was the most kickass SBS to come along in a while! Really can't wait to hear more about this marine business.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-11-04 at 10:51.
Old 2011-11-03, 17:04   Link #177
Undertaker

Maybe it is related to the reason Marine HQ switch location with G-1? and why do I get a feeling it also have something to do with whoever ends up as the Fleet Admiral right now?

This also make me more certain that SH will encounter a Marine ambush (but probably not anything epic) once the surfaces on the NW.
Old 2011-11-03, 18:14   Link #178
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is it possible to post a pic of the volume cover?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 19:48   Link #179
Rainbowman

Quote:
-The shark Megalo is based on the real-life megalodon shark.
So what's unique about the megalodon shark?

Quote:
-We get two more supernova birthdays! It's October 24 for X Drake, and January 17 for Capone.
So that makes X Drake a Libra and Copone Bege a Capricorn.

Quote:
-Somebody asks how VA (not RA) Strawberry's hair looks under his hat. Oda promptly responds:

Spoiler:

Quote:
-Apparently, Ikaros Much is 4 times more ticklish under his armpit than a regular person....
Boring.

Quote:
-Someone asks how people are able to collect bounty money in the OP world. Oda replies that you'll still receive payment if the bounty head is dead, but if the person turning in a bounty is a pirate themselves, they'll obviously get arrested instead. So instead, that pirate would only gain more infamy if he/she took down a well-known bounty head.
If that's the case, Luffy is sure to get a bounty rise after defeating Hody.

Quote:
-Somebody asks what those bubble rings that we've seen some merpeople riding around are. Oda explains that they're basically the same type of soap bubbles we've seen at Sabaody.
Those could prove quite useful.

Quote:
-Somebody points out the mermaid that resembles Luffy's drawing of Nami all those years ago (from Jinbei's flashback, in case anyone forgot).
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Quote:
-Now here's a really interesting one: Recall that back in ch. 498 Brooke's long-arm managers mentioned something about "TD" sales. Turns out it's referring to the Tone Dials. See, during the two years that passed, the blue seas people managed to adapt the technology themselves and even improved upon the original design. They come in pairs and work similarly to CDs.
At least there's something good about progress in time.

Quote:
-And now the most interesting info out of them all: Someone asks Oda what sort of justice Kizaru follows. He answers "Uncertain Justice"..... which, interestingly enough, was even written on the wall of his office during Jinbei's flashback. He also reminds us of Akainu and Aokiji's mottos ("Absolute" and "Lazy" Justice, respectively). However, around the time of Robin's flashback, Aokiji's brand of justice used to be "Blazing Justice", which obviously changed over time.
So in simplifying them:

Kizaru- Wierdo
Akainu- Bully
Aokiji- Slacker

Quote:
But most important of all: Oda notes that a "big incident" took place amongst the marines at some point during the timeskip, and that he's anxious to reveal it to us readers soon......
I bet it has something to do with Akainu taking over as Fleet Admiral.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 23:44   Link #180
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is it possible to post a pic of the volume cover?
Have a look here: One Piece Manga #64 Gets Japan's 1st 4-Million Print Run

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote