AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-29, 18:51   Link #2021
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Bastos will likely have a tough time against Robben but I don't see anyone on the Netherlands that can test Maicon for most of the game.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 18:58   Link #2022
Bri
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Yeah, but why do you think Elia wouldn't be able to put away that winning goal? Anyone can put in a tap in.
Not really, being at the right place at the right time is a rare skill. Kuyt is a player who excels at those moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Brazil's weakness is in those wingbacks and neither Kuyt or VDV has the speed or skill to exploit that weakness.
Doubt those two backs will be allowed to go on offense much. Having wingers is enough to keep them in defense. Don't see much use in getting passed them when if your main striker will be man marked by the two of the best CBs in the tournament. Nor do I expect Brazil to have many people in front of the ball at any given time. Goals will more likely come from set pieces or from shots outside of the 16 rather then counter attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
We don't need possession up front that's exactly what RvP is doing wrong he's dropping too deep and being useless.
Think your mixing up cause and effect. Van Bommel and De Jong play too far towards the defense. Forcing Sneijder to cover too much of the field. Van Persie drops back as he isn't getting supplied enough. VDV actually adds more creativity and passing options on midfield, which I consider of greater value then having a pure left side winger against Brazil.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Do you think it's a coincidence we play better without VDV and Kuyt on the field? Not to mention in the less time Huntelaar is on the field he has done as much as RvP and he has a better Goal per Game ratio then Van Persie as well.
Don't care about the stats, only the score at the end of the game matters. RVP and Huntelaar, and Elia/VDV/Kuyt all have some advantages over the others under certain conditions. Hunterlaar and Elia will be vital later on when dealing with the Uruaguay defense for which they are better suited then VDV and Kuyt.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 19:26   Link #2023
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Not really, being at the right place at the right time is a rare skill. Kuyt is a player who excels at those moments.
So you ignore the rest, because? You could play Huntelaar and put RvP on Kuyt's place if you want that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Doubt those two backs will be allowed to go on offense much. Having wingers is enough to keep them in defense. Don't see much use in getting passed them when if your main striker will be man marked by the two of the best CBs in the tournament. Nor do I expect Brazil to have many people in front of the ball at any given time. Goals will more likely come from set pieces or from shots outside of the 16 rather then counter attacks.
Till now they have always gone up. Even if they wouldn't Elia and Robben both have the quality to beat them 1v1 and get shot on goal. Neither Kuyt or VDV can create that chance. If your going for set pieces you might as well remove Kuyt and VDV and bring on another defender and another DM's. No reason to be be half assed about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Think your mixing up cause and effect. Van Bommel and De Jong play too far towards the defense. Forcing Sneijder to cover too much of the field. Van Persie drops back as he isn't getting supplied enough. VDV actually adds more creativity and passing options on midfield, which I consider of greater value then having a pure left side winger against Brazil.
The only time when RvP holds possession is when he drops deep. He needs to stay up there and score or bounce the ball to another player and keep the CB's busy. That's it. VDV actually gets in the way Sneijder. He doesn't do his job. RvP connects a lot better with Affelay and Elia based on this tournament and the friendlies. VDV is a waste of space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Don't care about the stats, only the score at the end of the game matters. RVP and Huntelaar, and Elia/VDV/Kuyt all have some advantages over the others under certain conditions. Hunterlaar and Elia will be vital later on when dealing with the Uruaguay defense for which they are better suited then VDV and Kuyt.
If you don't care about stats, why don't you just look at the match that the only time that we looked threatening is when we played with wingers and all the goals without wingers where by individual skill. The result of all those matches where from the attacking players. The thing is with wingers they create space with the ball. The pitch is way too small with Kuyt and VDV.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:10   Link #2024
Hage-bai
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 29
Whats with all the damn flopping? Bunch of pu$$y footballers eh.

Can't say I am sad to see the Portugese lose though. Buncha pansy floppers too aka Pretty boy Ronaldo.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:20   Link #2025
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
A penalty shoot out - yike. That's a harsh way to lose for Japan. But Paraguay have been a solid side this campaign. They stand some chance versus Spain. Whoever wins that Netherlands-Brazil game is going to be pleased to avoid the half of the remaining draw with Argentina, Germant and Spain.

Also glad the next matches are on the weekend. Can finally watch some again without having to jeopardise being up for work in time.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:24   Link #2026
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Much has been made about how so and so team is highly ranked yet did poorly and vice versa, I believe those are FIFA rankings.

Someone on here said those were crap and that the Elo system is better, why is that (main differences between them)?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 00:50   Link #2027
Kameruka
Hen-Tie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hen-Tie pen
It looks like Paul the Octopus said Germany will win against Argentina. I hope that mollusk is wrong this time.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:06   Link #2028
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
It looks like Paul the Octopus said Germany will win against Argentina. I hope that mollusk is wrong this time.
He may make for tasty eating if he gets it wrong.

Everything and anything goes well with lots of beer. Besides, if he's turned into a sausage, no one would notice.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:43   Link #2029
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Japan lost in the worst possible way that sucks lol

but anyway LETS GO USA EVEN THOUGH WHERE OUT! Maybe well get them in the next 4 years

*Chat*
Quote:
U.S.A! U.S.A!! U.S.A!!!
: D
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 05:52   Link #2030
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.K. London
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Much has been made about how so and so team is highly ranked yet did poorly and vice versa, I believe those are FIFA rankings.
Rankings pretty much go out the window once the competition starts. They can help you determine the favourites and underdogs, but once that first whistle is blown, it's anyone's game.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 06:25   Link #2031
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Well, who do I have left to cheer for?
US... out.
England... out.
South Korea... out.

I guess that leaves Japan, Slovakia, and Ghana (might as well hope that the team the US lost to goes a long way). I figure I can throw my support behind Portugal if all else fails...
*Shortened to include only relevant content

Wow... I am bad luck! I guess I am gonna have to secretly cheer for Ghana or else they risk losing based on my track record over the last several days... if you reference my comment above from a while back.

Good grief!
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 06:26   Link #2032
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
The referees have been pretty douche lately, simple things like dribbling or sliding for the ball have become yellow cards now.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 08:06   Link #2033
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
The referees have been pretty douche lately, simple things like dribbling or sliding for the ball have become yellow cards now.
Actually I think that's a wrong assumption. From my point of view referees should /always/ be like that, giving yellow cards early and not tolerating reclamations of players at all. You mustn't overdo it but if you make it clear that as a referee that you are the boss on the field the game will go so much smoother.

The main problem lies more in the fact that some referees are being very strict while others let pass a lot of fouls without giving a card. Of course players are confused when you don't have a line.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 09:17   Link #2034
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
http://kotaku.com/5576126/square-eni...iew-deplorable

Japanese media hating Komano and making his mother apologize. >_> They aren't really knowledgeable bunch are they. <_< Hope Komano can ignore the media.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:26   Link #2035
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
What happened to that advert someone post a few pages back with the huge goalkeeper in the Japanese goal post? Did Japan unwittingly predict the method of their own demise!? Da-da-dum!
__________________
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:34   Link #2036
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Read up on stories a while ago on the Nigerian gov't being furious at the team for their poor performance.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 11:20   Link #2037
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
http://kotaku.com/5576126/square-eni...iew-deplorable

Japanese media hating Komano and making his mother apologize. >_> They aren't really knowledgeable bunch are they. <_< Hope Komano can ignore the media.
That is so sad. People don't know what it's like to be put on the spot and to have to take that kick with the world watching. You can do it a million times in practice. There are plenty of big names that have had disaster befall them in penalty shootouts. Perhaps no greater than Roberto Baggio when his penalty sailed over the crossbar, leaving Italy to lose to Brazil in the '96 final. It was really cruel to see the guy who carried Italy that campaign end up being blamed for the defeat...

I'm going to say one thing - Honda had a MUCH BETTER chance in regular time. And he blew that. I don't see people hating on him for missing that. Penalty shootouts are almsot pure luck - if you don't want to rely on that deciding the result, score in regular or extra time. Blaming one person for that defeat is too cruel. And making his mother apologise....that's even worse.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 11:58   Link #2038
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Wow... I am bad luck! I guess I am gonna have to secretly cheer for Ghana or else they risk losing based on my track record over the last several days... if you reference my comment above from a while back.

Good grief!
Like that is going to help. You basically root for the Underdogs². I mean the outcome is predictable.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:11   Link #2039
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.K. London
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...5739?ver=globa

Cruyff playing mind games before the big showdown?
Quote:
"Where is the Brazilian magic? I could understand why Dunga has picked some players but where is the playmaker or skill in midfield? I don't think any spectator would pay to watch them. I would never pay for a ticket.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:25   Link #2040
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath View Post
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...5739?ver=globa

Cruyff playing mind games before the big showdown?
Nah he's just as critical on the Dutch squad. He like good looking football. Honestly both Oranje and Brazil are denying their roots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That is so sad. People don't know what it's like to be put on the spot and to have to take that kick with the world watching. You can do it a million times in practice. There are plenty of big names that have had disaster befall them in penalty shootouts. Perhaps no greater than Roberto Baggio when his penalty sailed over the crossbar, leaving Italy to lose to Brazil in the '96 final. It was really cruel to see the guy who carried Italy that campaign end up being blamed for the defeat...

I'm going to say one thing - Honda had a MUCH BETTER chance in regular time. And he blew that. I don't see people hating on him for missing that. Penalty shootouts are almsot pure luck - if you don't want to rely on that deciding the result, score in regular or extra time. Blaming one person for that defeat is too cruel. And making his mother apologise....that's even worse.
It's sad the media doesn't understand that, I'm sure he gets enough support from the team and I doubt the whole Japanese media is that stupid.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.