AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-05, 13:49   Link #1
Dyils

Question Please recommend a romance anime!

Hello!Ive asked before and many of you helped a lot.But i finished the anime some of you recommended and now i whant to watch a romance/ecchi anime.You can check out my anime list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/dyils
Dont look at the scores.Everything that i have completed or i am currently watching works.Also please dont look at the Dropped and Planing to watch lists.Please recommend an anime that atleast has a good edning or doesnt develop slowly.Ive seen anime where they just kiss in the last minute of the last episode and thats it..but im not looking for something like that.So as i said ,please dont look at the scores just look at my Watching/Completed lists since i dont watch anything that i wouldnt like.You will help out a lot since recently the weather is awful and all i can do is watch anime
Old 2010-06-05, 15:34   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think True Tears meets all your stated criteria. Excellent production values and music too.
Old 2010-06-05, 15:38   Link #3
Patch&Quilt

Bokura Ga Ita
NANA
Paradise Kiss
Clannad
Voices of A Distant Star (1 ep OVA)
Old 2010-06-05, 16:40   Link #4
JRendell
Manga Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Yeah I'm going to have to second True Tears also. Excellent.

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-

Old 2010-06-05, 17:39   Link #5
Dyils

Thanks a lot ,ill check 'em out.I havent seen any of those(exept clannad i just forgot to put it in my list) and they seem interesting.Keep them comming
Old 2010-06-06, 03:08   Link #6
Divini
Senpai!

Lamune is a really good one. Pretty slice of life'ish, and not too ecchi, but it's incredibly sweet.

Read/seen Love Hina yet? It's a classic ecchi romantic comedy.

School Rumble is another classic. Romantic comedy that will get you laughing for hours.

Seitokai no Ichizon has quite possibly the most devoted, hard-working harem lead ever.

Others that I didn't see on your list that I don't feel like describing:
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Da Capo
Kanon (2006 ver)
Today in Class 5-2
Comic Party
Hatsukoi Limited
Mahou Sensei Negima (manga)
History's Strongest Disciple Keiichi (
Hayate no Gotoku!
The World God Only Knows (manga, but getting an anime soon)
GTO
Sumomomo momomo

... from the top of my head.
Old 2010-06-06, 09:58   Link #7
Dyils

Thanks for all those recommendations.I liked a few and im gonna watch them.If u can recommend something with some ecchi ,would also be nice.

P.S Too bad..i droped Lamune ..nothing actually happens in the anime.

Last edited by Dyils; 2010-06-06 at 12:52.
Old 2010-06-06, 13:46   Link #8
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I'll second Clannad, and Seitokai no Ichizon, and for more ecchi I'll say Hatsukoi Limited, Bakemonogatari, or B gata H kei again if you haven't gotten around to any of them, since I think I mentioned before xD.
Old 2010-06-06, 20:11   Link #9
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I'll have to add Lovely Complex to wahts already been mentioned, it's a very good romance story.
Old 2010-06-07, 10:54   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'll have to add Lovely Complex to wahts already been mentioned, it's a very good romance story.
This man speaketh wisdom.
Old 2010-06-07, 10:55   Link #11
haiz123321
Obey me world!

I was gonna make a thread of my own for the same thing so I thought I'd rather ask here.
I'm looking for any romance anime that has a plot like this:
The main character has a crush on a girl but the girl has a crush on the main character's friend/best friend. So instead of confessing he actually tries to help her with him and the story continues from there...

So, is there something like that? I'm not looking for a development or anything similar to Toradora.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2010-06-07, 14:07   Link #12
shoujoloverguy
The Romance Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I was gonna make a thread of my own for the same thing so I thought I'd rather ask here.
I'm looking for any romance anime that has a plot like this:
The main character has a crush on a girl but the girl has a crush on the main character's friend/best friend. So instead of confessing he actually tries to help her with him and the story continues from there...

So, is there something like that? I'm not looking for a development or anything similar to Toradora.
Well... in school days one of the 3 main characters is a girl. she has a crush on the boy main character, but the boy has a crush on the other girl main character, so she helps him with that. I figure thats pretty much the same thing. Oh by the way, this anime gets REEEEALLLY fucked up towards the end, so um, yeah, don't watch it if you don't like fucked up anime.

Anyyyyywayyyssss.... for what this thread is for, good anime series' are da capo (if you want ecchi download the visual novel for it) and school days
Old 2010-06-07, 15:38   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Kare Kano
Ayashi no Ceres
The Devil Does Exist
Marmalade Boy
High School Debut
Wild Act
Sailor Moon
Kare First Love
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Happy Hustle High
Ultra Cute
Ceres Celestial Legend
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Missile Happy!
Sand Chronicles

are the best romance manga and anime. They have couples that are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating in relationships. The manga are much better and longer than the anime, most of these are manga, some are anime, too.

The couples in these series are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating in relationships, have sex, have lots of kissing, have break ups and you see them dating and in mature relationships.

Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Paradise Kiss
Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love

are very mature romance manga.

Mars is a mature romance manga. Kira and Rei are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a deep, mature relationship. They move in together, get engaged and deal with events from their pasts, rape, mental illness, suicide, marriage, secrets, sex and serious realistic drama.

The Devil Does Exist is a great romance manga. Kayano ans Takeru are in a deep, mature relationship.

Fushigi Yugi is a sweet romance/fantasy manga. Miaka and Tamahome are deeply in love, dating and have a fantasy romance.

Ceres Celestial Legend has a couple in a mature, sexual relationship. Romance/fantasy/horror/sex/tragedy.

Bokura ga Ita Mature romance.

Paradise Kiss Mature romance.
Old 2010-06-07, 15:52   Link #14
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Clannad ~After Story~. If you don't know the story line or the characters, you should probably watch the first season.
School Days is another good one.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who mentioned School Rumble
Old 2010-06-07, 23:04   Link #15
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoujoloverguy View Post
Well... in school days one of the 3 main characters is a girl. she has a crush on the boy main character, but the boy has a crush on the other girl main character, so she helps him with that. I figure thats pretty much the same thing. Oh by the way, this anime gets REEEEALLLY fucked up towards the end, so um, yeah, don't watch it if you don't like fucked up anime.

Anyyyyywayyyssss.... for what this thread is for, good anime series' are da capo (if you want ecchi download the visual novel for it) and school days
Yeah I know, I pretty much skimmed through the entire anime. I'm looking for a development similar to that without the cheating etc. and an ending that is not even close to it, a happy ending basically.

NICE BOAT ftw? lol

Old 2010-06-07, 23:22   Link #16
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
and for more ecchi I'll say Hatsukoi Limited, Bakemonogatari, or B gata H kei again if you haven't gotten around to any of them, since I think I mentioned before xD.
Seconded, all of these shows are great if you want an excellent anime with some fanservice in it.

School Rumble is among my favourite romantic comedies. On the drama side, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned EF: A Tale of Memories. Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is also a great romantic drama, as is Hanbun no Tsuki.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-06-08, 01:03   Link #17
Dyils

Wow i didnt expect so many answers and recommendations And i havent watched most of them.Thanks a lot.Im currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka and i have 13 episodes left to see when im finished ill check them out.
Old 2010-06-08, 04:24   Link #18
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyils View Post
Wow i didnt expect so many answers and recommendations And i havent watched most of them.Thanks a lot.Im currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka and i have 13 episodes left to see when im finished ill check them out.
About GTO, if you even somewhat liked the anime you should REALLY check out the manga. It is far better by leaps and bounds, and has the entire complete story too. (the anime just kind of ends in the middle of it abruptly)
Old 2010-06-08, 11:48   Link #19
Dyils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
About GTO, if you even somewhat liked the anime you should REALLY check out the manga. It is far better by leaps and bounds, and has the entire complete story too. (the anime just kind of ends in the middle of it abruptly)
By bonds you mean what exactly?Like love relationships or friendship?One more thing..at wich chapter of the manga does the anime end?
Old 2010-06-09, 05:12   Link #20
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Seconded, all of these shows are great if you want an excellent anime with some fanservice in it.

School Rumble is among my favourite romantic comedies. On the drama side, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned EF: A Tale of Memories. Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is also a great romantic drama, as is Hanbun no Tsuki.
Agreed, Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora is pretty awesome considering the fact that it is just a 6 episode anime. Another one I would recommend is Final Approach.

Closed Thread