AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-04, 23:20   Link #801
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm rather sad with the way they doing things but I wish at least in the later part of the season and specially that part of the season. The animation won't drop. The last arc of the season. That is my only wish. If they would make a great animation from it. I would forget the crap that they had done on the previews episode.
I'm totally sure the animation will be good at the fanservice scenes andanother form of fanservice for those fans and probably the fights, but the in between parts will drop down, mind the parts where one is doing his preparations, talking via cellphone, running away, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just wish that at least they put more effort on stabilizing the animation. It's not even funny at all to see hiruma in index.
What?
Hiruma?
Old 2010-12-04, 23:25   Link #802
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What?
Hiruma?
I'm guessing that the current animation quality of Index makes tsunade666 think Tsuchimikado is Hiruma (guess which Hiruma) with sunglasses.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:27   Link #803
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'm guessing that the current animation quality of Index makes tsunade666 think Tsuchimikado is Hiruma (guess which Hiruma) with sunglasses.
Oh---!

He mean DAT Hiruma? I knew he was familiar but... him?
Yeah, he has a point, a very good one. Damn studio animation quality .
Old 2010-12-04, 23:28   Link #804
tsunade666

Quote:
What?
Hiruma?
Tsuchimikado looks like hiruma when they are chasing Oriana. And also at the part when they are in the train maintenance. The part when oriana escapes and show tsuchimikado the drawing itself looks like hiruma and pretty crap animation. Even though the attacks look decent but Touma and Tsuchimikado looks like like malnourished people.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:32   Link #805
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

my hopes are in the dvd versions since we are near the change of OP/ED and the animation is still.... well the good thing is we havent seen the feminine eyed touma since the first episodes and even fixed in the ED.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 03:36   Link #806
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, this is dissapointing.

Ranking for the shows of the season in Amazon

***,*32位 Ore no Imouto 1 【完全生産限定版】 [Blu-ray]
***,*57位 Index 2Ⅱ 第1巻〈初回限定版〉 [Blu-ray]
***,*73位 Milky Holmes 第1 [Blu-ray]

***,113位 Ika Musume1【初回限定特典(1分の1スケール触手切り落とし&缶バッジ)付き】
[Blu-ray]
***,160位 Hakuōki s2 第1 〈初回限定版〉 [DVD]
***,185位 Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt 特装版 第1巻 [Blu-ray]

***,215位 Yosuga no Sora Blu-ray 渚一葉
***,246位 Sora no Otoshimono S2 (フォルテ)第1巻 [Blu-ray]

***,327位 STAR DRIVER 輝きのタクト 1 【完全生産限定版】 [Blu-ray]
***,348位 Soredemo 1 [Blu-ray]

***,562位 World God only knows ROUTE 1.0 〈初回限定版〉 [Blu-ray]
***,593位 FORTUNE ARTERIAL フォーチュンアテリアル 赤い約束 Blu-ray 第1巻
***,844位 Arakawa under the bridge VOL.1(初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
**1,040位 MM! 第1巻 [Blu-ray]
To add onto what's already been pointed out, you also missed the number of BD/DVDs preprdered so far. Index is second in the number of pre-orders (behind Oreimo) with 1506pt so far. Over the past two weeks, Index has sold around the low 40-50's area in rankings, with around 20 copes ordered a day. Keep in mind that the rankings fluctuate quite a bit, though Index has been pretty stable for the last two weeks. Anyway, to put what that means in perspective, I've noticed that, while Amazon isn't indicative of exact total sales, you can use it to get a ballpark guestimate of how well something will sale. For instance, something in the 500 pre-ordered copy range will have total sales around the mid thousands. Somethine with order in the thousands, like Index and Oreimo (the only two there this season), will generally have total sales in the tens of thousands. FYI, Railgun BD 1 had 2658 pre orders from Amazon. Like I said, Index is at 1506 right now, and has a little less than two months left before it goes on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Oreimo was kinda primed to be the season favorite even before broadcast. With all the hype, we saw light novel sales explode (again, before broadcast already), and momentum has only increased. Furthermore, it's a new show and not a sequel, so there's serious potential for a massive hit.

Nevertheless, I like both shows a lot, so I'm happy as long as they both do well.

On another note, is anyone else bothered by the animation of Index this season? I love the image quality, and I think the show looks fabulous in general, particularly in terms of key animation and post production work. However, the motion seems to be less smooth than I normally expect from anime (first two episodes were fine), as if there's a lack of in-between frames (?).

I'm probably more sensitive to frame rates than most people though. Even with games, I'm easily distracted by lower rates (yet I'm unable to discern individual frames, such as in fighting games, and off-model in-between frames escape my notice completely).
You should probably go back and watch the first season. It's art and animation was very spotty in some episodes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And where are their sales now? They're even lower than MM!?
Huh? No it's not.
Old 2010-12-05, 03:57   Link #807
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
Huh? No it's not.
It's not in the list, so it's not bad to assume. But if there are actual values of sales for Zakuro, please post it in comparison with the list I posted.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 05:16   Link #808
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

It's not in the list because it's already went on sale. The site you were getting the rankings from removes anime that have gone on sale after a couple days and puts them in an archived section. Anyway, Zakuro had 371 pre orders, and it's DVD only btw. MM has 17 pre orders for DVD, 69 for BD. It goes on sale December 22nd.

Also, some of you are overexaggerating on the supposed decrease in quality. The only episode that really had bad art/animation was episode 4, the rest has been pretty much on par with Index S1. A lot of you should really go back and re-watch it to jog your memories, because Index has always had varying production quality from extremely good to just average. Either way, it's never been piss poor.
Old 2010-12-05, 16:31   Link #809
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's not in the list because it's already went on sale. The site you were getting the rankings from removes anime that have gone on sale after a couple days and puts them in an archived section. Anyway, Zakuro had 371 pre orders, and it's DVD only btw. MM has 17 pre orders for DVD, 69 for BD. It goes on sale December 22nd.

Also, some of you are overexaggerating on the supposed decrease in quality. The only episode that really had bad art/animation was episode 4, the rest has been pretty much on par with Index S1. A lot of you should really go back and re-watch it to jog your memories, because Index has always had varying production quality from extremely good to just average. Either way, it's never been piss poor.
Idk. I think the bad animation was from ep 9. also the ed has them all look different than they are supposed to. I really wonder how anime animation done
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 17:13   Link #810
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

The animation in episode 9 is average. "Bad" animation would be episode 8 of season one. And the ED was actually fixed to have the characters look closer to their character designs, aside from the super moe Index at the end.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:57   Link #811
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

bad at S1 ep 8? where? you can even see that even showing lot of characters on screen most of them move differen from what we have seen in this season where the nuns and daihasei spectators look more like part of the background, one of the weirdest scenes is when touma wakes after memory erase in a scene his face is so distorted he kinda looks like inspector gadget eithout the hat, but i never noticed those bulimic/terminal-cancer like designs like in episode 9 of s2.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 20:47   Link #812
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Go back and watch season one. Ep 8 and ep 18 in particular come to my mind when I think about below average quality for Index. Anyway, the upclose character designs were generally spot on with the exception of a few scenes like the one with Oriana and the very beginning with Tsuchimikado, and the animation only looked shoddy during the running scene with Stiyl and Tsuchimikado chasing Oriana. It's seriously over exaggerated.
Old 2010-12-11, 11:28   Link #813
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

With the way they have been pacing things now, I suppose there's the likelihood that we may see the remaining parts of Volume 10 animated in 2 episodes.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:56   Link #814
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
With the way they have been pacing things now, I suppose there's the likelihood that we may see the remaining parts of Volume 10 animated in 2 episodes.
Looking at the pacing for the next episode, that is a distinct possibility. If volume 10 is 3 episodes, episode 12 will end up being mostly exposition. I guess J.C. Staff wants to avoid animating episode that end up like episode 5 of season 1.
Old 2010-12-11, 20:25   Link #815
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
That's rather unlikely since episode 13 is titled "Apostle's Cross" so it's more like vol 9 - 2.5 epi while vol 10 - 3.5 epi.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 10:17   Link #816
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Oh great, more exposition...
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 12:24   Link #817
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Oh great, more exposition...
*cough* Says you *cough*

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:41   Link #818
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

So the vol 1 BD pre-orders of Index II total 16,639 copies so far, and it comes out Jan 26th. Hopefully this gets people to stop talking about how the Railgun anime was better received than Index. It's more like the entire franchise has had a boost in popularity and Railgun happened to be releasing vols as it happened.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:07   Link #819
Miraluka
18 forever

o_o;

Suzuku, you are alive glad to see (read) you around again.

Oh, yeah, the topic, well if you take in account the novels got damn epic, that is undeniable truth.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:45   Link #820
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
o_o;

Suzuku, you are alive glad to see (read) you around again.

Oh, yeah, the topic, well if you take in account the novels got damn epic, that is undeniable truth.
Hospital doramah. Had virtually no internet access for a while.

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen