AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-01, 02:28   Link #1021
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
.............guh

this debate about this is getting silly. From the title debate to screen time debate and to usefulness in battle or just being in present on the scene.

Its second season thread right? I will just end it with Index is way better to be with Touma than Mikoto -_- its a clash with science and magic and Touma is part of the science side and Index is the magic side. The whole mess begins when Index met up with Touma and thus the 2 sides being connected. And in a grander scheme. Index is more important than Mikoto for she is the magic library of magic side and really just get it over with your shipping for Mikoto. Its been drastic with the other threads too and it didn't help my rage for Mikoto at all.

This also reminds me of why I hate Mikoto which chaoz should know or probably remember when it all roots back to this type of debate (-_- ) p
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:34   Link #1022
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Pretty sure having acqua claim he would be back is a huge point, accelerator enter the dark side od academy city.


And if you want to bring fighting power pitty pendex vs mikoto, as I would love to see how she bypass saint gregor sanctuary
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:51   Link #1023
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
.............guh

this debate about this is getting silly. From the title debate to screen time debate and to usefulness in battle or just being in present on the scene.

Its second season thread right? I will just end it with Index is way better to be with Touma than Mikoto -_- its a clash with science and magic and Touma is part of the science side and Index is the magic side. The whole mess begins when Index met up with Touma and thus the 2 sides being connected. And in a grander scheme. Index is more important than Mikoto for she is the magic library of magic side and really just get it over with your shipping for Mikoto. Its been drastic with the other threads too and it didn't help my rage for Mikoto at all.

This also reminds me of why I hate Mikoto which chaoz should know or probably remember when it all roots back to this type of debate (-_- ) p
I wouldn't classify Kamijou as a member of the Science faction. The ambiguous descriptions of Imagine Breaker have always come across to me as Kamachi trying to make him some sort of Neutral third party.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:55   Link #1024
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I wouldn't classify Kamijou as a member of the Science faction. The ambiguous descriptions of Imagine Breaker have always come across to me as Kamachi trying to make him some sort of Neutral third party.
Touma is a member of science faction even if not outright. Academy city is his home grounds and remember book of law? since this is 2nd season discussion. Orsola ask who he is and from what faction he is from. He said he is from academy city and friends with angelican church and even in the beginning of the series from season 1. He represents academy city against outside force. While Accelerator and misaka are busy with their own world and small world it is. Touma from the beginning since meeting Index. Make a grand entrance on the door to outside world. And then Gods right seat hits him. Which is the center of darkness in roman catholic church. Its just icing(did I get the right word on this one?) on a cake or a tip of an iceberg. The mess in Italy won't be compared when messing with GRS.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:55   Link #1025
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I wouldn't classify Kamijou as a member of the Science faction. The ambiguous descriptions of Imagine Breaker have always come across to me as Kamachi trying to make him some sort of Neutral third party.
Kamijou's faction is Kamijou Faction.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:58   Link #1026
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Kamijou's faction is Kamijou Faction.
Yes this ^^ Good call.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:08   Link #1027
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
but Kamijou faction is combination of different members of different group/cabals/organization.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:41   Link #1028
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Mikoto and Index are both equally important to the Index series, manga/anime/LN/ect, and Touma(He even says that Index is one that he must protect and he makes an oath to protect Mikoto and the world around her as well. Both are the most important people to him and the series). Besides, Mikoto can't help it that she's the most popular of the bunch so that's no reason to hate on her just because she isn't a Loli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Kamijou's faction is Kamijou Faction.
Yeah, that's correct. Everyone that is close to him is affliated with his Faction whether they know it exists or not. Such as when they started targeting Mikoto because she had gotten close to Touma since getting at her and all of Touma's friends would be the best way to get at Touma since all other attempts at the guy himself have failed miserably.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-01 at 03:53.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:56   Link #1029
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
ah nope, I hate mikoto is not because of she is not loli. Its because of the fans induced on it. Really -_- hate the fans

sigh.... importance of Mikoto. In the long run the clones even overtake the original and since this is second season I won't say anything but if its comparing screen time Index still has more screen time than Mikoto. And me being petty? chuckle.. really this whole debate starts even makes me laugh
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:03   Link #1030
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The clones haven't overtaken Mikoto in importance, far from it. Mikoto and Index are still the most important people in the series other than Touma and Accelerator after his heel face turn. Many plots literally wouldn't exist without those two existing and their mere existence has caused a ripple effect throughout Index and caused action out of many other characters all over the world.

You are being petty for hating a character just because you don't like the fanbase.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:03   Link #1031
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah nope, I hate mikoto is not because of she is not loli. Its because of the fans induced on it. Really -_- hate the fans

sigh.... importance of Mikoto. In the long run the clones even overtake the original and since this is second season I won't say anything but if its comparing screen time Index still has more screen time than Mikoto. And me being petty? chuckle.. really this whole debate starts even makes me laugh
You hate the fans because they like Mikoto do you? Well I tell you what mate, Accel World could easily do without Yuniko as well and yet she's there because fans like you like her.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:06   Link #1032
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
You hate the fans because they like Mikoto do you? Well I tell you what mate, Accel World could easily do without Yuniko as well and yet she's there because fans like you like her.
Don't take it too far, we don't need a war. It was just an observation on my part that it's petty to hate a character because tsunade hates the many fans that adore her which lead to her ridiculously high popularity.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:15   Link #1033
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Nope nope nope.

you guys don't understand. Well partially. I hate it when I get into rage inducing debate on the fans against bias view. It gives me high on drugs. Thus I hate it when debating about Mikoto.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:25   Link #1034
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Your post implies that it isn't just the fans and you outright say you hate Mikoto.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:58   Link #1035
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Really? because if you look from the beginning of this thread. Lets say when about Index season 1 was aired I'm a fan of Mikoto though when Railgun anime was aired. I'm often absent on different forum sites and 4chan because I hate when debating about it. And if you look at my comment on the situation where or what Mikoto is. I'm not bias at all -_-

cause really the main point of the argument is making Mikoto more important that what she really is. Though that's also my main reason that I hate debating on such manner.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:05   Link #1036
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
.............guh

this debate about this is getting silly. From the title debate to screen time debate and to usefulness in battle or just being in present on the scene.

Its second season thread right? I will just end it with Index is way better to be with Touma than Mikoto -_- its a clash with science and magic and Touma is part of the science side and Index is the magic side. The whole mess begins when Index met up with Touma and thus the 2 sides being connected. And in a grander scheme. Index is more important than Mikoto for she is the magic library of magic side and really just get it over with your shipping for Mikoto. Its been drastic with the other threads too and it didn't help my rage for Mikoto at all.

This also reminds me of why I hate Mikoto which chaoz should know or probably remember when it all roots back to this type of debate (-_- ) p
Ahem...... Care to explain how you aren't bias?

And Mikoto is just as important as Index is as far as the series and Touma is concerned. Everyone else is connected to them or something that is connected to them in some way. Without them there would be a lot less plot points and characters in the series since they require that Mikoto and Index exist.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-01 at 05:17.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:44   Link #1037
Atrum023
Eternal Silence
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Man... I've been watching this debate go on for quite a while now and it still seems like we're getting nowhere.

Screen times of the two separate heroines aside, Mikoto isn't as important as Index in a series like this as it focus mainly on the magic side affairs. Since Index lives with Touma, it's inevitable that those on the magic side will go after them. Mikoto herself is completely out of the loop regarding that so...

Anyway, since this is Season 2 discussion I'll limit it to the fact that the last episode foreshadows Touma's future conflicts with the magic side - this means that Index will eventually become more important than Mikoto (at least plot wise, relationship development is completely different).
__________________
不幸だ...
Atrum023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:55   Link #1038
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Mikoto is just as important as Index and both have many things that require that they simply exist or they wouldn't be possible. You can't just write Mikoto off, much of Index's story wouldn't exist without her just like much of the story can't exist without Index - Without either of them Index wouldn't be what it is today and would be missing a huge number of characters/story parts. Both are very important and are needed for many things, even things they don't personally have a hand in or remain ignorant about. It's a ripple effect that all starts with them which lands on Touma's lap because he's involved with both of them.

That's your interpertation. I say it's wrong, since the last episode went down because of Mikoto being so important that people are willing to kill, but I wont drag you into it.

Regardless, Index getting some love dedicated to her in the Anime sphere would be good. She has no hope of beating the more beloved Touma x Mikoto ship so they should instead focus on giving her moments where Touma isn't around. Let Anime only watchers see what she's actually a capable of and why she's so important and isn't just a damsel in distress that complains a lot.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-01 at 06:10.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:11   Link #1039
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
ah crap.... headache inducing.

what thread is this again. Ah right second season. What's so important about Mikoto? she has her own anime, her own manga and her own side stories and her own fans that is like half the series of tamniverse is. But on the main series.... I don't see what's so important of her -_- seriously and this is not the novel thread... ah I don't care anymore.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:14   Link #1040
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Are you even trying? I want to try and see your point but you're making it hard. If you've seen the series, read the Manga/LNs as well, than you would already know why Mikoto is so important just like Index and Touma are important. So many things lead to Mikoto(Rome) and without her they wouldn't be possible just like Index and Touma are important and without them certian things couldn't happen with Touma being the most important since he connects to everything and everything relies on his existence. Whether it involves Index or Mikoto doesn't matter, Touma is always a part of it eventually down the road.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.