AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-12, 14:28   Link #261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I wish she'd keep that hat on all the time. <3
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:30   Link #262
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
She is supposed to be lewd and slutty even as a normal student, though.
I didn't know you came back from the future after watching the show. Can you tell us about the rest of the cast too?

Also, in regards to the scans, isn't Wako engaged to Sugata (I remember reading it on the PDF of the magazine with the Star Driver info). If that's so, do I sense some heavy love triangles?
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:35   Link #263
7Th
Mixtape
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I didn't know you came back from the future after watching the show. Can you tell us about the rest of the cast too?
It says that she is voluptuous and teases the main character in class with dirty talking and moans in the World of Star Driver web-magazine: http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...star-driver%2F
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:25   Link #264
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Ah, I stand corrected. Well, hopefully it at least won't get a lot of screen time.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:10   Link #265
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Starting to get used to the fabulous designs but I still think the disguses are pretty ridiculous. Everyone has the exact same hairstyle and with all the skin showing you'd think one or two people would have a distinctive birthmark/mole that people would use to identify them. Although, forget super powered (and evil) student council, it seems like the entire school is made up of that glittering cross brigade.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:25   Link #266
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
I disagree, they all have pretty unique hairstyles. The only one's who have similar styles are Speed Kid and Raging Bull.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:29   Link #267
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
No, I think he means that all their unique features are present even when they're masked. It would take an idiot not to know it's the same person basically. But this is not a serious show, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. It's funny and wacky, and there isn't supposed to be a lot of realistic logic to it. The director just wants to make a fun and silly magical robot show.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:30   Link #268
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I don't think everyone looks the same, especially the guy with purple hair, he has a star shaped hair style when he's in disguise. Along with the star hairstyle he says 'kirei boshi'(beautiful star) while doing a modified 'kira☆'.

And that's not the only Ranka reference, there's a group of people in the show called 'Yakan Hikou', 'Nighttime Flight'.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:40   Link #269
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I don't think everyone looks the same, especially the guy with purple hair, he has a star shaped hair style when he's in disguise. Along with the star hairstyle he says 'kirei boshi'(beautiful star) while doing a modified 'kira☆'.

And that's not the only Ranka reference, there's a group of people in the show called 'Yakan Hikou', 'Nighttime Flight'.
No, he definitely looks exactly the same:

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:46   Link #270
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No, I think he means that all their unique features are present even when they're masked. It would take an idiot not to know it's the same person basically. But this is not a serious show, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. It's funny and wacky, and there isn't supposed to be a lot of realistic logic to it. The director just wants to make a fun and silly magical robot show.
Well, it depends on what you're referring is "not serious". I do think that the plot is meant to be serious, or at least that's what it looks like, but I do agree that the antics such as the transformations and such aren't meant to be taken seriously.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:08   Link #271
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Starting to get used to the fabulous designs but I still think the disguses are pretty ridiculous. Everyone has the exact same hairstyle and with all the skin showing you'd think one or two people would have a distinctive birthmark/mole that people would use to identify them. Although, forget super powered (and evil) student council, it seems like the entire school is made up of that glittering cross brigade.
Blame Superman.

It is accepted in fiction now that you are allowed to make yourself unrecognisable by putting on/taking off eyewear. Fact of the matter is if the disguise is too effective, the audience would have trouble knowing who is who. So the masks are more symbolic more than anything.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 09:02   Link #272
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Well at least they have the masks, could be worse, could be like Sailor Moon
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 10:45   Link #273
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-after-airing

Niconico is going to stream Star Driver after it airs. Yay!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:28   Link #274
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No, I think she means that all their unique features are present even when they're masked. It would take an idiot not to know it's the same person basically. But this is not a serious show, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. It's funny and wacky, and there isn't supposed to be a lot of realistic logic to it. The director just wants to make a fun and silly magical robot show.
That's what I meant and yes I'll go blame superman for the fact that "disguise" apparently means "clothing I haven't seen them wear before."
I agree that the clothing designs there, and the general plot of idea of super robots fighting under a school, makes it sound like a sillier show but this is BONES after all, I'm betting it's going to be at least a little bit serious.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:31   Link #275
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm betting it's going to be at least a little bit serious.
Eh i doubt it'll have any serious moments. I hope not anyway.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:32   Link #276
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
The only way Star Driver can be considered "serious" is if we also consider Ouran, Soul Eater, and Melody of Oblivion to be serious shows.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:35   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The only way Star Driver can be considered "serious" is if we also consider Ouran, Soul Eater, and Melody of Oblivion to be serious shows.
Couldn't have summed it up better myself.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:37   Link #278
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Spoiler for potential spoilers based on a director interview...:

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-16 at 09:18.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 05:02   Link #279
Lenneth4
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dakar
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The only way Star Driver can be considered "serious" is if we also consider Ouran, Soul Eater, and Melody of Oblivion to be serious shows.
Lol what???
Are you a bones hater or what xd

Okay i didnt saw all the episodes of soul eater but already the beginning was kinda serious , i mean okay there was a lot of funny thing but i never considered this like a comedy xd

I hope star driver will have some serious episodes, not just fun stuff all the time
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 05:20   Link #280
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
Are you a bones hater or what xd
Quoting this to preserve this glorious moment where I was called a BONES hater.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.