AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2010-11-07, 12:59   Link #921
Jarmel

So what, he now has to protect Sugata too in these fights? God this becoming more and more of a mess for him. I also wonder if Sugata is going to stay in that coma(probably not) but I could see an argument for letting him stay knocked out as he would be too powerful to make the fights interesting. So was the OP and ED a troll into thinking that Sugata would actually be an important character?

I also wonder if Takuto's first phase was his personality shift? Kanako made a point that it didn't have to be supernatural. That would be interesting to see then if he lost his first phase and reverts back to his previous self.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:05   Link #922
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How come is Takuto the protagonist if Sugata has all girls (Wako, maids, Benio, etc...) and the strongest cybody? This anime should be called Star driver - Sugata of radiance
Sugata's Cybody makes the owner forever asleep. So if Sugata would the main protagonist we would be seeing his dreams almost through the whole show.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:06   Link #923
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Sugata's Cybody makes the owner internally sleep. So if Sugata would the main protagonist we would be seeing his dreams almost through the whole show.
The first Inception anime!
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:07   Link #924
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
yea, Sakana-chan was so lovely and cute this time =>
The links aren't working for me.
Old 2010-11-07, 13:21   Link #925
Dahak86
Occasional Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The links aren't working for me.
how come? working fine here... oh well, let's just change host. =>
Spoiler for Fish-Girl teasing:
and here's the updated symbols-list (sugata's in there) =>
Spoiler for Phoenician alphabet names:

The Bible?
It's the story of a flesh'n'bones-being who gets off on the smell of burning meat.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:28   Link #926
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for rehosting them.

Oh my, you've just totally destroyed my evening. I'll be watching this gif all night now.
Old 2010-11-07, 13:36   Link #927
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2010-11-07, 13:42   Link #928
Chad

Quote:
Sugata's Cybody makes the owner forever asleep. So if Sugata would the main protagonist we would be seeing his dreams almost through the whole show.
Ok, but Takuto's harem count to 0 after 6 episodes. This is an anime and the protagonist doesn't have even a girl (maybe Wako but after this episode I'm not sure), while Sugata seems to have an harem formed by all island girls (at least they don't try to kill him, unlike with Takuto)
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:50   Link #929
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I won't be surprised if Sugata ends up the one person to wake up...except he is crippled, like Nagato from Naruto having the strongest power but the cost is you are crippled forever or maybe he will wake up at the end when Tauburn is against some great calamity and he uses his cybody.

Can we have a Fish Girl novel, audiobook and soundtrack that consists of The Tales of Sam the Squid Killer then her singing for the soundtrack

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:57   Link #930
musicalcroc

Quote:
Sorry to butt in, but now it makes sense why back in Episode 2, Wako kind of freaked out when Sarina suggested that Sugata should pilot his Cybody. Because it is harmful for him (in a way).

What is interesting now is the reason Wako has two powerful Cybody users around her, while the defense around Fish-girl seems to have been broken rather easily. Takuto arrives at the island exactly when the Brigade began to target her, and I don't buy that it's just a coincidence.

I also don't get why in first episode, Sugata suggested rather nonchalantly that Wako should go to Tokyo (to fulfill her dream) while episode 4 states clearly that as the South Maiden, she cannot leave the island, and Sugata should know that better than anyone.
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 14:21   Link #931
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 6:
Old 2010-11-07, 14:48   Link #932
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
So what, he now has to protect Sugata too in these fights? God this becoming more and more of a mess for him. I also wonder if Sugata is going to stay in that coma(probably not) but I could see an argument for letting him stay knocked out as he would be too powerful to make the fights interesting. So was the OP and ED a troll into thinking that Sugata would actually be an important character?

I also wonder if Takuto's first phase was his personality shift? Kanako made a point that it didn't have to be supernatural. That would be interesting to see then if he lost his first phase and reverts back to his previous self.
Certainly could be interesting if his first phase was the personality change. Kind of tough to tell with more normal first phases since they could be coincidence or related to something else rather than a first phase. I'm sure Sugata will wake up eventually though the question is when and how close Wako and Takuto get before that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcroc View Post
I also don't get why in first episode, Sugata suggested rather nonchalantly that Wako should go to Tokyo (to fulfill her dream) while episode 4 states clearly that as the South Maiden, she cannot leave the island, and Sugata should know that better than anyone.
Maybe he is just frustrated and on some level thinks it's better to just have the seals broken then have people being trapped on that island forever. Could be having Wako chase her dream is just something he wishes could happen. Or maybe while it didn't seem possible he still didn't want her to give up on her dreams.
Old 2010-11-07, 14:55   Link #933
TurquoiseThyme

Spoiler for Episode 6:
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 14:56   Link #934
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcroc View Post
Sugata's words in the 1s ep.: "But, I believe that in the 21st century we should be free to follow our love"
Sugata just said her to be happy even it means leaving the island, because in that way at least one them can be happy and safe.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 16:02   Link #935
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep6:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 16:10   Link #936
_gallo_

Ok, it's not the most relevant thing of the episode. Actually it's a dumb question but anyway...

In the first episode there was a painting drawn by Takuto's father which was really similar to the one Ayato drew in Rahxephon.

During another past episode, one of the Ouran's family was mentioned.

In the sixth episode the two maidens at Sugata's house showed some fighting skills wearing cat suits. Do you think it could be an omage to Escaflowne?
I'm referring to these two below.
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6...emastered2.jpg

How far-fetched is this idea? It looks a bit unlikely but at the same time I can't help but think that there are some occasional citations to past Bones' works.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 16:12   Link #937
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
In the sixth episode the two maidens at Sugata's house showed some fighting skills wearing cat suits. Do you think it could be an omage to Escaflowne?
I'm referring to these two below.
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6...emastered2.jpg
Personally i can see why you'd make such a connection, though i think that's looking too much into it. The painting from RahXephon is a pretty obvious reference, though not Sugata's maids.
Old 2010-11-07, 16:56   Link #938
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 6:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 16:59   Link #939
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
and i think I heard an instrumental version of Monochrome during part of it too.
Yeah you did, and it's also not the first time it's been used in the series.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:24   Link #940
Triker

Can anyone explain why wako change to "anohito" when talking about sugata? I don't really understand what is the different between calling sugata "sugatakun" and "anohito".
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen