AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-11, 16:34   Link #121
spaced
マギ

Thanks for the translation.
spaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 18:58   Link #122
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Sure.

To the south of Japan, there lies a lush green island called Southern Cross Isle. One night, a boy by the name of Takuto Tsunashi washes up on the shore of the island alone. Having swum from the mainland alone and without any possessions, this boy enrolls in the senior high level in the school on the island - Southern Cross High School.

With his bright and positive personality, he starts to mix with various students in the school and builds relationships with many of them, including Wako Agemaki and Sugata Shindou. But this school hides a deep secret. There are sleeping giants hidden under the ground called "Cybuddies".

There are about 20 of these giants, and they are just some of the various secrets kept by everyone on the island: The secret movements of the mysterious organization known as "Kirahoshi Juujidan". The songs of the shrine maidens. And even Takuto himself will soon come to embrace a great secret...

This island in the southern territories surrounded by the blue sea and the blue skies is the stage where the "Eulogy of Youth" filled with love, dreams and friendships, will begin.
Interesting story, can't say I like the name "Cybuddies" though. Though the main characterdoes sound interesting, swimming to an island all by himself sounds strange and raise my interest in this character.
Old 2010-08-12, 04:40   Link #123
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer

We'll wait that the opening theme will be sung by a popular J-rock group.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 01:52   Link #124
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.star-driver.net/wosd/

The World of Star Driver is now available for download as pdf, or you can read it using the browser reader.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:23   Link #125
_gallo_

First time I see a pdf file to show some world view of an anime. Has Bones ever done it before for another anime?

But wow, the few art designs I see are gorgeous.

Come on Enokido, I believe!

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:38   Link #126
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Okay, I haven't really read all of it, and I'm definitely not translating everything this time because it's a shitload of text. I'll just post a few details which are new in this pamphlet:

- There are male and female Saibuddies (I'm using the term the engrish in the pamphlet uses now). All the mechs we've seen so far are male, because they're combat type Saibuddies.

- The female types are shine maiden type Saibuddies. There are four of them, created to seal the powers of the combat types. They are human shaped and female. Wako is one of them, another is a Sakana-chan, who has already been captured to lift the first seal. There are four actual shrine maidens who possess the power to bond with the female Saibuddies. Wako is one of them. Sakana-chan is another, who bonded with the Saibuddy Nunna. She was captured and forced to lift the first seal.

- There are 6 divisions within the Kirahoshi Juujidan: 1st = Emperor, 2nd = Banishing Age, 3rd = Bougainvilleae, 4th = Adult Bank, 5th = Filament, 6th = Science Guild. The first division does not actually exist, and there are no members in it. The second to fifth divisions are identified by the trump icons, and they are the active field divisions. The sixth division stays underground to research and study the Saibuddies.

- The head of Banishing Age is called... Head. He is voiced by Akira Ishida! Yay! Setsuna vs Lelouche vs Athrun! Fighto!

- There is a massive Colosseum under the island. The base of the Kirahoshi Juujidan is also underground. Actually it seems like there's an entire world underground in the island.

- There is an alternate dimension of sorts known as Zero Time that exists for combat between the Saibuddies. In fact, as long as the seals remain in place, they can only move while inside this dimension. If all the 4 seals are removed, then they will be able to operate in the real world, which could be very destructive.

- The King's Saibuddy is said to be a huge machine. Interestingly enough, the "seat of the king" is currently empty. Sugata is in line to succeed that position, but he might not be the only one it seems...

- The Science Guild is run by Professor Green and Professor Silver. The leader is Professor Green, aka Midori Okamoto, who doubles as a teacher at the school.

Yeah, basically, if anyone was expecting Utena with mechs (who wouldn't be?), this is basically it.

Last edited by duckroll; 2010-08-13 at 07:38.
Old 2010-08-13, 06:57   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks a lot for the translations, duckroll.

This does sound very promising. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
First time I see a pdf file to show some world view of an anime. Has Bones ever done it before for another anime?
That's also my first time seeing something like this. No idea if it's been done before, whether by BONES or other studios. Still downloading it, it's pretty slow...
Old 2010-08-13, 06:59   Link #128
duckroll
綺羅星★!

For those who don't want to download the entire thing, here's a look at the character Head, voiced by Akira Ishida. He's the leader of the second division, and also the overall leader of the organization. He also happens to be the managing director of the Southern Cross High School.

Spoiler for Head:
Old 2010-08-13, 07:04   Link #129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Such a typical character design that Akira Ishida would voice. I'm loving it.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:06   Link #130
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I dunno, personally I really think the character designs are garbage. They're the worse character designs in any BONES anime ever imo. I'm really looking forward to the show though, everything other than the characters look fantastic. The costumes, the backgrounds, the mechs, the story, etc all sound really interesting and it's great to see another original mecha anime from BONES.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:22   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's a guy who looks almost exactly like Mashiro from Bakuman. I'm fine with the chara design overall, even if it's nothing amazing. Some characters (mostly the females) look good, others look like crap.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:23   Link #132
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmm, I think I made a mistake. Reading the details on the page about the shrine maidens, it seems that Wako and Sakana-chan are humans. They're human shrine maidens, who have the ability to bond with the shrine maiden type Saibuddies. It was confusing because no designs are shown of the shine maiden type Saibuddies.

Sakana-chan is bonded with the shrine maiden type Saibuddy called Nunna, and she was captured and forced to unlock the first seal. I don't think Wako has bonded with any particular mech yet, but it's not specified either way.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:26   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I dunno, personally I really think the character designs are garbage.
I wouldn't go as far as to say they're garbage, but yeah nothing that great. As long as they remind me of Utena, then i'm pleased.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:58   Link #134
_gallo_

Character designs are on average imho, but still a lot better that the generic moe design that modern anime are oversaturated with. It was a surprise because I thought that Yoshiyuki Ito was a great designer since he was able to improve the character designs both in Fma and in Soul Eater with respect to their original manga counterparts.
Here instead most of the character designs are not really distinctive. The only one I like is the blonde girl whose name is, I guess, Simone, probably because there's something about her that reminds me of FSS.

Anyway, I don't want to hope too much otherwise I'll be utterly disappointed with the show in case it turns out to be a failure story-wise, but at the same time I am more positive with this than with any other bones shows of the last year.

At least I expect to see some great animation.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy

Last edited by _gallo_; 2010-08-13 at 15:36.
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:14   Link #135
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
For those who don't want to download the entire thing, here's a look at the character Head, voiced by Akira Ishida. He's the leader of the second division, and also the overall leader of the organization. He also happens to be the managing director of the Southern Cross High School.
Oh, Enokido.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:32   Link #136
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just realized that you can tell which grade the characters are in by the uniform design. Pink tie = first year, yellow tie = second year, blue tie = third year. That makes Maaya's character the oldest of the revealed student characters (which makes sense since she moved to the island 3 years ago, if we assume that she started in the first year when she arrived).
Old 2010-08-13, 08:44   Link #137
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:

Yeah, basically, if anyone was expecting Utena with mechs (who wouldn't be?), this is basically it.
So how much gay and lesbian overtones are we expecting?

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:18   Link #138
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Let's play a guessing game. Here are two female characters who do not have announced voices yet. Who do you think will be voicing them?

Spoiler for Sakana-chan:

Spoiler for Professor Green:
Old 2010-08-13, 10:34   Link #139
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer

Sakana will be voiced by Ayano Niina, the Lisette voice on 11eyes while Midori will be voiced by Sayaka Ohara, the Urara voice on [I]Seikon no Qwaser[/I.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:45   Link #140
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Errrr... Ayano Niina is already in the show. :P

http://www.star-driver.net/character/kanako.html

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen