AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-18, 09:12   Link #1821
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
So the purification is made to fix up the barrier...?
Well seems like it but I'd say more like reinforce it rather the fixing.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 11:25   Link #1822
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for I need someone to translate this for me. Warning: Yaoi suggestive.:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 13:28   Link #1823
mysh

A horrible thought has just crossed my mind. From what we have been shown in the series it seems most probable that Marino is a creation of Mizuno’s imagination/witch powers/idk. And yet, it is also 100% certain that she has got some physical representation and form on the island, eg baseball match etc. Thus we can assume that all that has something to do with Mizuno’s magic (imo, = maiden powers). So, what will happen to Marino when Mizuno’s seal is broken? I guess, this time she will truly disappear once and for all for Mizuno will have no maiden powers. Therefore, the new OP.
=( I sympathize with the twins so much and hope that that’s just another crackpot theory.
mysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 13:35   Link #1824
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

So do all the Maidens have duties like Wako, and if so should the island already have gone to hades since Wako is the only one that performs her duties?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 13:50   Link #1825
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
So do all the Maidens have duties like Wako, and if so should the island already have gone to hades since Wako is the only one that performs her duties?
The is a possibility that not all the traditions are relevant. Religions and cultures tend to become bloated over time with extraneous things. There is meaning in Wako performing her duties, but likely it isn't as essential as it could be.
Old 2011-01-18, 19:43   Link #1826
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
If the duties were that serious then the whole island would have gone into a maiden-hunt already but seeing how they just take it in stride and only react when one just shows up it's not much of a big deal.
Old 2011-01-18, 20:40   Link #1827
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quick question, I remember that someone on here ripped Monochrome from various episodes and then stitched them together, has anyone done something similar for Wako or Mizuno's songs?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:11   Link #1828
Guido

The Maidens of the Seals

Mizuno was specially mo-é in the fifteenth episode, but my heart broke as she unexpectedly came in contact with three truths.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Marino's illusion world for her little sister's sake is about to crumble...
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:30   Link #1829
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysh View Post
A horrible thought has just crossed my mind. From what we have been shown in the series it seems most probable that Marino is a creation of Mizuno’s imagination/witch powers/idk. And yet, it is also 100% certain that she has got some physical representation and form on the island, eg baseball match etc. Thus we can assume that all that has something to do with Mizuno’s magic (imo, = maiden powers). So, what will happen to Marino when Mizuno’s seal is broken? I guess, this time she will truly disappear once and for all for Mizuno will have no maiden powers. Therefore, the new OP.
=( I sympathize with the twins so much and hope that that’s just another crackpot theory.
Now that you bring that up...I wonder if the last part of fish girl's story was foreshadowing this.(Sam had to kill the one he loved to explore the galaxy) Didn't seem like this part of the story was necessarily connected to anything we've seen yet. If that really is the case, I think we're going to have a very dark final arc ahead.
Old 2011-01-18, 22:25   Link #1830
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Okay, so once a character we like dies, send a maiden on a boat. Check!
Old 2011-01-19, 04:26   Link #1831
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Okay, so once a character we like dies, send a maiden on a boat. Check!
lol nice observation, so this might be the reason why the director and script writer said that their will be no death casualties on this anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 21:07   Link #1832
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

no one dies in this anime. If killing was allowed then the Crux would have done it to Takuto long time ago.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 10:59   Link #1833
molitar

Ok a few ideas.

1. Takuto is a physical presence in his Cybody maybe able to be killed in a Zero Time battle
2. The Cyber Casket is more of an avatar or soul in the Cybody hence normal means could not kill them, but an evil Cybody could possess or eat the soul.

This could be why Takuto has the advantage he is physically controlling it with his own being while the others are almost like a virtual remote control, but Takuto at the risk of maybe being able to be killed. Now Marino should of just lied and stated Ayingott gave her no time to start looking for the Maidens before it started to consume her.. now that would have been a believable lie since they saw it go berserk.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 13:32   Link #1834
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
lol nice observation, so this might be the reason why the director and script writer said that their will be no death casualties on this anime
Wow. They really said that!? I hope they were lying cause characters need to die. I know, I know.. but it's gotta happen.
Old 2011-01-20, 13:45   Link #1835
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Wow. They really said that!? I hope they were lying cause characters need to die. I know, I know.. but it's gotta happen.
It was in an interview way before the series started, and having seen half of the series, personally i believe it. Can't see anyone dying here.
Old 2011-01-20, 20:07   Link #1836
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok a few ideas.

1. Takuto is a physical presence in his Cybody maybe able to be killed in a Zero Time battle
2. The Cyber Casket is more of an avatar or soul in the Cybody hence normal means could not kill them, but an evil Cybody could possess or eat the soul.

This could be why Takuto has the advantage he is physically controlling it with his own being while the others are almost like a virtual remote control, but Takuto at the risk of maybe being able to be killed. Now Marino should of just lied and stated Ayingott gave her no time to start looking for the Maidens before it started to consume her.. now that would have been a believable lie since they saw it go berserk.
Takuto can control his cybody because he is in phase 3. The ones in cybercasket is still in phase 2.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:07   Link #1837
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was in an interview way before the series started, and having seen half of the series, personally i believe it. Can't see anyone dying here.
Yeah, I have to agree. Man... I would have killed off quite a few characters already. I'm no Tomino, but part of a heroes journey is death.
Old 2011-01-20, 22:20   Link #1838
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Hell, imagine these scene could be more like this:-

*Same scene begins 5 times*
Haha , i was thinking this .
I was surprised it took her soo long to find out -_-
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 09:02   Link #1839
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Marino will die for sure. Since she never existed in the first place, it won't count as a real death (although it will in my heart ;_.
Old 2011-01-21, 20:00   Link #1840
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
part of a heroes journey is death.
Perhaps, buts it's not an essential part of it. I don't really see the point in anyone dying at this point in the series, perhaps once the Crux comes very close to achieving their goal, but not before then.
Quote:
To be more exact they said they didn't want to kill anyone so they wouldn't destroy the school setting of the show (as class mates dying every night or so = gloomy mood all around) but maybe now that we are entering the second half of the show, school might play a smaller part and more people might end up being injured badly.

Not that I think this show needs anyone to die, as I don't see how it could help it.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen