AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-28, 08:31   Link #21
Taerus

Star Ocean EX(Good but...)

I loved Star Ocean EX, but it ended so abruptly. Giving no finish what so ever. I can't find a second season of it on the web. I was kind of disappointed.

Any one know anything? My friend said it ended about half way through the game storyline. Im asumming they want you to play the game to find out the rest?
Taerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 09:36   Link #22
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Welcome to AnimeSuki

You might want to try the search function next time, since this thread, which has the answer you seek, would have popped up, amongst others.

If you want to know how the story ends, you'll have to play the Playstation game.
Old 2004-03-28, 17:00   Link #23
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

It seems that a sequel was initially planned, but probably the first season wasn't quite the hit they expected, so any plans for a second season got shafted.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 20:24   Link #24
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

It was made into audio CD Dramas however.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 22:15   Link #25
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
It was made into audio CD Dramas however.

audio CD Dramas? LOL I've never heard of such a thing. Like audio-story books? That's great.

Yeah I was disappointed there wasn't more to this series as well (especially since there wasn't really an ending). I'm going to pick up the game this summer and hopefully find out what happens I heard its a good game too
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 22:54   Link #26
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ya it's like audio story books.

Actually a lot of anime gets side stories or added material in cd dramas.

Sometimes really interesting information appears in those cd dramas.

For example...

.hack//Legend of the Twilight drama cd spoilers

Spoiler:

The Star Ocean 2 game is great, it had the best Item/Skill System in any RPG I've played (name another RPG where 90% of the items in the game you have to actually MAKE?)
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 00:56   Link #27
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

No there isn't a second season, and yes I was quite disappointed too when I found out. I never played the game, but I did enjoy the anime.
Old 2004-03-29, 15:36   Link #28
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
If you've played the game, you'll end up with disappointment. I say that because the anime follows the events of the game at first, then trys to be different and ends up with a much worse plot. The episodes leading up to the end to Star Ocean: EX are so poor it's not funny... Why it was changed from the good version that is in the game I don't know.

Star Ocean: EX was my first anime, it's also probably the worst I've watched.
Great game, poor anime.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 00:57   Link #29
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

You might want to pick up the manga instead, it's more faithful to the game than the anime.

Though the manga also ends at the end of Disk 1
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 05:45   Link #30
NGCKE

Star Ocean Ex

Which fansub is better? Soldats or the one without any known fansub group(at least unkown to me)
NGCKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 00:32   Link #31
Laiko

Soldats is pretty good untill ep 26 or the ending, they started getting choppy...and mis spell words and replace the characters name with a different name like... Rena ---> to Lena i think it was?

BTW I have heard that the 2nd season will come out but then they lost the funds to do so, so the whole project was cancled. It wasnt b/c the first series wasnt a hit. Without money youre pretty much done for =P...sadly enuff..;[
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 06:53   Link #32
Goshzilla

I have to agree

I have to agree with most people here. The show got boring after awhile. Every episode they battled a monster, and it was always in the exact same way.

1.) Claude says his kuhazahn
2.) Ashton does his fire and ice crud
3.) Celine says firebolt or something else

They do this so much throughout the show that the fight scenes aren't special anymore. There is one other show like this, that was this much repetitious. Pokemon. But I stuck through the show because the moments with Ashton in it were entertaining to watch. Not the ones where he was fighting, those were just boring.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 23:19   Link #33
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I guess nobody really cares for this show anymore... but

This thread is as dormant as all get out.

Still, less than two weeks since the Otakon 2004 license announcement, Geneon Entertainment USA is now prepared to release Star Ocean EX Vol. 1 (+Box) on January 4th, 2005--damn that's fast compared to the other slow-poke series like Princess Tutu and D.N. Angel.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 02:36   Link #34
TrueKnight

The first 'till the third were good, but the rest of the eps just stinks, a great insult for one of the greatest game ever. Only watched it for the sake of the game 2 years ago, kinda like Ragnarok the Animation.

TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 12:05   Link #35
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Just a heads up for those that don't know. The Star Ocean: Blue Sphere manga is being translated.

(Blue Sphere is the direct sequel to Star Ocean 2, taking place 2 years later).

And it appears that Blue Sphere is actually going to be finished.

The manga is really a lot better than the game, and expands on the characters and story a whole lot more.

Leon turned into such a bishi in the manga

The only major complaint is that Chisato and Noel doesn't show up, because like the anime, SO2 manga was canned after the first disk.

Those two are like doomed to not appear outside the games or something -_-
Old 2004-08-13, 12:38   Link #36
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
This thread is as dormant as all get out.

Still, less than two weeks since the Otakon 2004 license announcement, Geneon Entertainment USA is now prepared to release Star Ocean EX Vol. 1 (+Box) on January 4th, 2005--damn that's fast compared to the other slow-poke series like Princess Tutu and D.N. Angel.
Well, they did mention Jan 2005 when they did the announcement
I'm curious as to what extras they have on the discs... A creditless opening/ending would be very nice
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:20   Link #37
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Star Ocean EX question

After watching Star Ocean EX, I'm curious of something. Someone mentioned to me that the show ended at EP 26 due to bad ratings and the 26 episode series really only covered the first 1/2 of the game story that the anime was based off of. So, taking that into account, does anyone know the entire story of star ocean EX, most especially the second half? I'm curious what happens after the end of ep26 up to the end of the game. It's really got my curiousity. Of course if you have a link to an online version of the summary, that'd be great too. Thanks in advance.
Old 2004-11-22, 01:09   Link #38
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

You could just try reading a FAQ for the game and find out the rest of the story like that. I don't remember which game it was based off of, sorry. The rest of the Star Ocean EX story was released as audio drama CD's IIRC.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 05:45   Link #39
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
After watching Star Ocean EX, I'm curious of something. Someone mentioned to me that the show ended at EP 26 due to bad ratings and the 26 episode series really only covered the first 1/2 of the game story that the anime was based off of. So, taking that into account, does anyone know the entire story of star ocean EX, most especially the second half? I'm curious what happens after the end of ep26 up to the end of the game. It's really got my curiousity. Of course if you have a link to an online version of the summary, that'd be great too. Thanks in advance.
If you have a psx or ps2, why not try to find the game? It's really good, in fact my favorite. If you still want to know:
Spoiler for very short version of disk 2:
That seems about right, If I made any major mistakes, I apoligize, but it has been a while since I've played the game.
Old 2004-11-22, 09:41   Link #40
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ah, interesting info. Thanks.

I'd love to see the second half of the story made into an anime some day. It would be rather interesting to see. Hopefully its recent licencing drives a second season to be created.