AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-11, 11:01   Link #61
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

He didn't know how fast she could strike?
Old 2010-06-11, 11:40   Link #62
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
I just have a question for Anime watchers-- does it bother you that the opening credits always show what's to come?
As far as I recall, Bleach has never done cold openings...The last filler arc, yeah, they attempted to do so with those repetitive openings that attempted to drill less in your mind than what a "Previously on..." opening could do, but with this recent arc, it kind of caught me off guard, even made me question if I downloaded the right video at first...Then when I realized this was Bleach's excuse of a cold opening, it didn't bother me, but it seemed very redundant, like "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the point of this?"

Probably has to do with an attention deficit thing...Maybe the Bleach animators thought that the majority of it's viewers have that problem, and wanted to do something to keep the audience's attention instead of falling asleep by the end of the opening credits...

...and then there are people like me who, with anime, have attention deficit hyperactivity, and can't and won't bother to watch the opening theme, so it gives me more to have to skip through...And it's not even a proper cold opening, like Naruto, which actually has a continuity with the rest of the episode; Bleach's opening is now like, "OK, lets give you a bunch of random-ass scene clips from throughout this episode and you try to guess what the hell will happen based on clues of the obvious"...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 18:12   Link #63
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi_Shuuhei View Post
I just cam to think about this:

in episode 273, right after Haribel turned into her ressureccion form.

She cuts Hitsugaya's ice illusion in half, without so much a hint of her "La Gota" or something.

She just swang her sword and Poor hitsu is split in half.

Someone care to explain how this could happen ?
like Hitsugaya said "I'm glad I tread cautiously." He basically used his illusion to gauge her speed (at least in my honest opinion)
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 02:41   Link #64
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Resurrecion offers a good stat boost, and since Toushiro doesn't have Scan or Libra at his disposal, he used his leet ice defensive maneuvers to watch it in action. Bear in mind that, although she cut through ice, her strike was still strong.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:07   Link #65
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Actually Hitsugaya strats usually evolve from his previous battles. He took unnecessary damage with Luppi due to rushing in and having to draw out his abilities.

This time he used an ice illusion to "take the hit"...and see what she was all about.

Dont know if that was intentional by Kubo...but it makes sense.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 09:55   Link #66
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Actually Hitsugaya strats usually evolve from his previous battles. He took unnecessary damage with Luppi due to rushing in and having to draw out his abilities.

This time he used an ice illusion to "take the hit"...and see what she was all about.

Dont know if that was intentional by Kubo...but it makes sense.
Yeah, Hitsugaya used to be somewhat of a reckless fighter, his vast strength for someone of a young age probably warranting some arrogance, so taking some precautions managed to help this time around...

His emotions are better kept in check lately too, since he went into a fury against Gin and Aizen for their alleged and actual, respectively, harm done to Hinamori...A far cry to now, where he took a calculated stance when he realized his friends would be in harm's way...But not only just for the safety of his friends, but for his own safety...When he first went berserk against Aizen, he almost got iced...

HAHAHAHA Get it? Hitsugaya almost got iced...Thanks to precautions, only his ice clone got iced...

...OK, I've had my fun now...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:55   Link #67
kitten320

I bet that if Halibel would lay a finger on Momo, he would be raging again.

Momo is his weak point.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:25   Link #68
Gin
*Artist

Well, in this ep you can see he's fighting to protect Momo. That could be why he is so focused for once.

By the way kitten, it totally looks like you have a Hitsugaya avatar now.
Old 2010-06-12, 18:53   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Halibel's nipple-displacement is starting to be very distracting...You can't help but WTF at those things at every stop...But that aside, her special power being water was a HUGE letdown...Jesus Kubo lets get creative here..People turning into bats, freeze-swords and going Super-Soaker 3 is rather plain...Hitsagaya is rather plain aswell with his glass wings that somehow can fly......Can't wait til this fight ends cause I wanna see Stark kick some a$$...He appears to be the only cool one left...
Old 2010-06-12, 22:23   Link #70
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Halibel's nipple-displacement is starting to be very distracting...You can't help but WTF at those things at every stop...But that aside, her special power being water was a HUGE letdown...Jesus Kubo lets get creative here..People turning into bats, freeze-swords and going Super-Soaker 3 is rather plain...Hitsagaya is rather plain aswell with his glass wings that somehow can fly......Can't wait til this fight ends cause I wanna see Stark kick some a$$...He appears to be the only cool one left...
Stark is number 1 but Shunsui is one of the top captains. I'm expecting an awesome battle between the two, if they ever get serious.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 22:46   Link #71
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post

By the way kitten, it totally looks like you have a Hitsugaya avatar now.
Eh? No way! Tenshi Kanade and Chibi Hitsu have nothing similar
Old 2010-06-13, 15:57   Link #72
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

arggg... the bra is in the way
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 00:08   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Go to the scene where Hitsugaya is about to attack her and he realizes that Kira and Co are too close.

H-chan knows that Hallibel will reciprocate with an attack meaning that by being where he is he's putting those injured people, including Momo, in direct danger. So he has two choices -

1.) Sacrifice Kira, Momo, et. al. to defeat Hallibel or

2.) Sacrifice himself to save them from her attack.

That's what she means about sacrifice. She goes into it a little further saying that her underlings sacrificed themselves to win and that she wouldn't let their sacrifices be in vain.
A rewatch of that portion clears things up a lot and it's exactly as you say. I don't know why I couldn't pay attention to what she was saying. Well, now I can forgive her cockiness a little bit. Nothing is worse than a cocky villain, especially when she is well endowed and keeping things under control barely thanks to extra support provided by the animators who worries about the children.
Old 2010-06-14, 00:11   Link #74
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I don't know why I couldn't pay attention to what she was saying.
I can think of two reasons, and they're both on her chest
Old 2010-06-14, 00:12   Link #75
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
arggg... the bra is in the way
The everyday mans' dilemma.
Old 2010-06-14, 03:01   Link #76
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't think water is that much of a let down, if anything it's a very destructive power when used *glares at Kubo* properly.

you're trying too hard to add physics ;p
Old 2010-06-14, 03:39   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Physics = compression. Widely used in many anime, water whips or just straight-out water beams that slice through steel...guess Kubo wanted to be different, which isn't a bad thing. It just doesn't turn out that good because he doesn't care to expand much on the topic of powers.
Old 2010-06-14, 05:19   Link #78
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

was referring to the whole glass wings things ;p
Old 2010-06-14, 05:22   Link #79
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just as simple, he's using ice of different density at the joints of his "wings" so he can freely move them around. MY question is, why does he need wings to fly when everyone seems able to do it with reiatsu? xD
Old 2010-06-14, 05:59   Link #80
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

cause he wants to be cool