AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 09:19   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I do like that "Hansel and Gretel" idea of leaving strands of your hair as guidelines but aren't strands of hair rather hard to notice? Unless her hair was very long at the time, I don't understand how Minato could have seen them running at high-speed. But then again, this is Yondaime Hokage we are talking about so why bother with the details? We know he ended up wooing the wowey wady...
Actually, yeah:

As I said before, she's like a perfect blend between Sakura and Hinata...

And, for good measure, here's Kushina "Tomato" Uzumaki:

until one day...

...the "Hot-Blooded Habanero" was born.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 09:21   Link #22
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Dem cheeks.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:24   Link #23
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
It has to be that way because Naruto lacks everything it takes to do it on his own - back in the past, now and maybe even in the future.
Kishimoto did not think about it thoroughly and did not equip Naruto with the necessary skills at the time he could do it (way before he needed them). Up to now, Naruto never developed new skills in battle. He prepared for battles and then fought them while Sasuke exceeded his limits, was saved and saved and saved by outside people but developed new skills during battle.

Well, while writing this, I got the idea that Sasuke's the same. How often has he been saved now? Must be ever since he fought Deidara...
I understand the whole thing about Naruto (or Sasuke) not being able to do things on their own and needing to often be bailed out, and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. If the main character becomes so powerful that he can handle anything on his own then the story gets dull quick. But I feel like that's exactly what has happened. Naruto has left the vast majority of ninja in his dust with sage mode. We started with a huge cast of characters all of which had unique strengths and weaknesses, and in parts like the rescue Sasuke arc you could see how each would use those to get Naruto to his goal when he couldn't possibly do it on his own. Now though most the original gennin are ignored or little more than comedy relief. They're hopeless in practically helping Naruto for the most part (lately he just tells them to stay out of his way). So instead of using a well developed line of supporting characters, Kishi has to rely on numerous gimmicks like powerful people from the past popping into his mind to save him.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 09:29   Link #24
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Not all that surprising, though I wonder what is up with the crazy hair.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:40   Link #25
Nite-Wing

ugh more exposition dump
So much for this being interesting.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:45   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, yeah:

As I said before, she's like a perfect blend between Sakura and Hinata...

And, for good measure, here's Kushina "Tomato" Uzumaki:

until one day...

...the "Hot-Blooded Habanero" was born.
-For the 1st image: Awwwwww, that's rather heart-warming. Go figure, its Kishimoto's first proper representation of romance in the entire manga. It only took him roughly 500 chapters to get there. Better late than never I guess. And no, Hinata's confession and Kurenai being pregnant do not count.

-For the 2nd image: I don't undertstand some of Konoha's nicknames. Young Kushina looks nothing like a tomato. At least not unless her head is as wide as her shoulders.

-For the 3rd image: I guess that's where some bad spoilers came out claiming Kushina was a Kyuubi jinchuuriki. Go figure; you can achieve jinchuuriki status by eating a habanero. She must have been a fierce one...

Also, this was said so much last week but it needs to be repeated: Kushina is extremely good-lookin'. Seriously, she puts most women in the current generation to shame, whether she is a teen or adult.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:51   Link #27
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
-Why do I suddenly get the very disturbing image that the 3rd Raikage or A (current Raikage) wanted to take Kushina in order to force her to bear Kumo young with that "special" chakra?...Oh dear God what have I done?! Gah, must...remove...images from my head *bashes head against the desk*.
They also tried to kidnap Hinata and turn her into a baby factory (or Axlotl tank for those who get the reference) to get the byakugan, so honestly I'm not surprised by their behaviour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I really wouldn't mind the Minato & Kushina Gaiden!
I would love to see this but the thought of Kishimoto writing... or attempting to write a serious romance... nah never going to work!
Old 2010-06-09, 09:59   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Do the spoilers say where Kushina is coming from? I thought the Minato illusion seal thing was stupid enough, why would this Kushina illusion trigger now?
Um...special chakra...? While she will undoubtedly help Naruto to quell the mighty beast, there seems to be no reason (yet) for to have actually shown up (besdies showing the audience glimpses of a more interesting story)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
They also tried to kidnap Hinata and turn her into a baby factory (or Axlotl tank for those who get the reference) to get the byakugan, so honestly I'm not surprised by their behaviour.
Yeah Kumo has been pissing me off for years now, and Kishimoto really doesn't let up on how shitty (some would say realistic, I say shitty) the village is (admittedly, if Kiri can be redeemed, so can Kumo). Thankfully the village has hot babes, else I would have started a boycott years ago...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 10:35   Link #29
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis
It does seem like people popping into Naruto's subconsciousness is being overused, especially knowing Itachi is likely to do the same think or at least leave something for him in his mind or chakra. The first time is a kind of cool gimmick, after that though it just becomes an endless way to get the protagonist out of any impossible situation without having to previously establish the possibility... kind of a cheep route to take as a writer if you ask me.
At least this type of thing has been strictly limited to when Naruto's been struggling with the Kyuubi, which isn't that bad. Resisting the Kyuubi's hatred/power isn't like simply beating up a bad guy, it makes sense that Naruto needs help to control it. But there's almost no people left capable of even understanding what Naruto's going through, much less actually being able to help him within the confines of his own mind. Still I agree two appearances from dead people are more than enough

With Itachi's crow, we'll have to wait to see how that plays out.

Quote:
You think they would've chosen someone a little older than 3 for that.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 11:03   Link #30
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
They also tried to kidnap Hinata and turn her into a baby factory to get the byakugan, so honestly I'm not surprised by their behaviour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah Kumo has been pissing me off for years now, and Kishimoto really doesn't let up on how shitty (some would say realistic, I say shitty) the village is (admittedly, if Kiri can be redeemed, so can Kumo). Thankfully the village has hot babes, else I would have started a boycott years ago...
-Why do I get the feeling that the Kumo women are not attracted to the Kumo men so they kidnap women from different villages. I kinda agree with the women though, the 3rd Raikage was as ugly as sin and Motoi's dad was nothing special anyway. I guess Konoha was their prime target as they got crowned "Miss Beautiful Village" in the last 20 years. Actually, thinking back, Konoha does produce the most attractive (though not the most useful) women. I mean what do the other villages have? Kumo only has Samui and Raikage's secretary (Karui needs just a bit of polish). Kirigakure only has their Mizukage and they lost Haku (shut up, I'm making a point). Sunagakure only has Temari and Kurotsuchi is from Iwagakure. In contrast, Konoha has Kushina (or rather "had") Anko, Kurenai, Tsunade, Hinata and Ino (I hesitate putting her here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
You think they would've chosen someone a little older than 3 for that.
-Ever heard of stockholm syndrome? None said they'd have to "sow seeds" right there and there. If they did I'd question Kishimoto's moral ethics .
Old 2010-06-09, 11:41   Link #31
Casshern

One day Naruto is gonna go to his inner mind and he'll find Minato, Kushina, Sasuke, Itachi and the kyuubi sitting at a table together and playing cards.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 11:56   Link #32
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Stay down until next week kyuubitch! We are having a family drama here.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 12:26   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Long hair is looooooong. And awww, loli Kushina looked simply adorable. This chapter looks surprisingly good, it seems to me that Kishimoto is handling this better than the meeting with Minato.

The whole "dattebayo-ne" and color explanations are a bit silly but whatever.
Old 2010-06-09, 12:29   Link #34
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Ever heard of stockholm syndrome? None said they'd have to "sow seeds" right there and there. If they did I'd question Kishimoto's moral ethics .
...and I'd question his basic understanding of human reproduction.

My point was more asking if it's realistic to think Kumokagure was really trying to kidnap a 3 year old to create a "baby factory" when that involves waiting 9-10 years before she's actually capable of even bearing children then another 10-12 years each for any offspring to actually become ninja who can serve the village.

The real reasoning behind Kumokagure's kidnappings is likely doing firsthand study on their victim's powers, not so much breeding with them.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 12:32   Link #35
cyberdemon

alright here's what I'm thinking. Kushina was the previous host of the Kyuubi. As she was giving birth maybe Madara showed up and found a way to force it out of her. Doing that would explain how she died and possibly why she showed up in the fight with the Kyuubi because her chakra is still a part of it.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 12:41   Link #36
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ Never really bought that theory. I believe Naruto was Konoha's first jin.

I agree with James. Kushina should have been named Sakuhina. She really is a an interesting blend of both characters. Although you can throw in a little Karin with that red hair and orphan living in Konoha plot.

Young Kushina in looks reminds me of Sakura.
Spoiler for Sakura:

Older Kushina in looks reminds me more of Hinata.
She has both their personalities.
Hot-Blooded Habanero seems a lot like Inner Sakura.
Was kidnapped by Kumo like Hinata.
Punches Naruto just like Sakura...and so on.

Also I thought this was cute.

Kushina : If Konoha's Yellow Flash and Red Hot-Blooded Habanero would met, you know what it would result in ?
Naruto : Konoha's Orange Hokage !

And Kumo really are scumbags. Kishi has to be going somewhere with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Ah...she punches Naruto...sounds a little unmotherly. Guess I'll have to see how she does it.
Naruto makes a joke in one of the spoiler pics that now he knows what Shikamaru and Kiba were talking about when they told him mothers were scary.
Old 2010-06-09, 12:42   Link #37
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Do the spoilers say where Kushina is coming from? I thought the Minato illusion seal thing was stupid enough, why would this Kushina illusion trigger now?
Ya, what i want to know is what does this flashback have anything to do with what's going on right now...

Kushina: So now i'm gonna tell you my life story
Naruto: Uh mom, i'm kinda in the middle of something here
kushina: oh hush it will take that long
Naruto: It's kinda important... like a literal battle for my very exsistance
kyuubi: ....
Kushina: i said hush! it's story time!

it's like some poeple have been saying... kishi's just trying to wrap things up and is going through the checklist
Naruto's mother back story... check
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 12:45   Link #38
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
...and I'd question his basic understanding of human reproduction.

My point was more asking if it's realistic to think Kumokagure was really trying to kidnap a 3 year old to create a "baby factory" when that involves waiting 9-10 years before she's actually capable of even bearing children then another 10-12 years each for any offspring to actually become ninja who can serve the village.

The real reasoning behind Kumokagure's kidnappings is likely doing firsthand study on their victim's powers, not so much breeding with them.
-I figure they would have wanted both. Children are much easier to manage and "brainwash" into another's society than an older specimen. I'd wager to think that Kumogakure would have taken in the 3-year-old Hinata, raising her into the Kumo society while at the same time documenting on her Byakugan kekkei genkai. So in those 10-13 years, they not only have a deep understanding on how the Byakugan works but they also have a specimen that has long since forgotten its roots and can be used for their combat purposes. And if she cannot be used for combat, she can still be used as a "baby factory" to produce offsprings that would be loyal to their village regardless of their mother's true connections. Even if the girl could no longer bear children, her DNA can still be experimented with (like how Orochimaru did with the 1st Hokage's DNA). In the end, taking them young adds more time for them to perfect their findings and control over their subject.

-I realise that discussing this is rather grim considering how much sick and disgusting cases pop up in the world mirroring this situation, but that's the ugly truth. A militaristic village like Kumogakure would likely do something like this in order to gain more military might and intelligence.
Old 2010-06-09, 12:52   Link #39
Slayerx

Quote:
Another thing you can add in is that fact that Kumo was gonna be satisfied with having dead hyuuga body... They were not expecting kohona to pull a switch-a-roo on them (you'd think they would have figured out they had been duped sometime later) and get a body with sealed eyes... this leads to the belief that they would be fine if they could just have the DNA, Blood, or eye's for scientific study and possible reproduction
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:05   Link #40
Ero-Senn1n

According to the spoilers this chapter will be full of win
I expect that every second female cosplayer will be Kushina in the next animecons, the pictures will be fun to watch

BTW i like how she was hotheaded and did beat the shit out of those who were harrasing here by saying she's a tomato and similar things (if the spoiler is true). As i earlier said i will call bullshit the disappearence of Dark-Naruto if Naruto does not change here, and i believe him changing towards Kushina's character would be good, that is stop being Jesus-Naruto and start telling people what's your problem with them and beat the shit out of them if it's needed for the peace of your mind. And that means that when Naruto beats Sasuke either by force or by converting him to his side, we should see a different Naruto when dealing with haters. Because Naruto will have to deal with haters, Kumo will want Sasuke dead, many people in Konoha will want Sasuke dead too, but a new Naruto will say that if they don't stop to hate then he will contiuosly beat the shit out of them not only because of their hate but also because Naruto has plenty of reason to destroy Kumo because they kidnapped both his mother and his girlfriend, as for Konoha, they hated the child Naruto so he has reason to beat the shit out of them too. That is the way to deal with old people who have this hate, while with the young generations Naruto can deal with words/speech in a peaceful way. Sure i don't believe that the world can be changed by letting yourself beat up Anyway, i think that's the way Naruto will become a real leader of the future.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion