AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-09, 13:13   Link #41
Harumi-chan
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I love how Kushina was so chubby when she was little and because of that and her red her was called "Tomato" That is so cute.

Also, she's so gorgeous wow, I didn't know her hair was that long. But I'm Naruto finally got to see her, I knew it was going to happen one day. This chapter is going to be beautiful I just know it.
__________________
Harumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:13   Link #42
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
alright here's what I'm thinking. Kushina was the previous host of the Kyuubi. As she was giving birth maybe Madara showed up and found a way to force it out of her. Doing that would explain how she died and possibly why she showed up in the fight with the Kyuubi because her chakra is still a part of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
^ Never really bought that theory. I believe Naruto was Konoha's first jin.
I wouldn't be shocked if cyber is right. I mean didn't Konoha control all the biijus and distribute them out to other nations thanks to the 1st's ability to control them (I at least think I remember reading this at one point, but I don't know where)? They kept the strongest one, the kyuubi, and used it as a means of evenly distributing power around the world. It's hard to believe it was just sitting in a cage until Madara came along to use it. Also that death god sealing technique was something that was passed down from older generations. Seems a bit odd that no one would have told Naruto about this by now if it were the case, but then again no one told him about his father or the Kyuubi itself until he figured it out on his own.... well I guess Mizuki told him about the Kyuubi, but still not until he was 12.

If I'm wrong about the 1st controlling the Biijus though, then Dede's probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
BTW i like how she was hotheaded and did beat the shit out of those who were harrasing here by saying she's a tomato and similar things (if the spoiler is true). As i earlier said i will call bullshit the disappearence of Dark-Naruto if Naruto does not change here, and i believe him changing towards Kushina's character would be good, that is stop being Jesus-Naruto and start telling people what's your problem with them and beat the shit out of them if it's needed for the peace of your mind. And that means that when Naruto beats Sasuke either by force or by converting him to his side, we should see a different Naruto when dealing with haters. Because Naruto will have to deal with haters, Kumo will want Sasuke dead, many people in Konoha will want Sasuke dead too, but a new Naruto will say that if they don't stop to hate then he will contiuosly beat the shit out of them not only because of their hate but also because Naruto has plenty of reason to destroy Kumo because they kidnapped both his mother and his girlfriend, as for Konoha, they hated the child Naruto so he has reason to beat the shit out of them too. That is the way to deal with old people who have this hate, while with the young generations Naruto can deal with words/speech in a peaceful way. Sure i don't believe that the world can be changed by letting yourself beat up Anyway, i think that's the way Naruto will become a real leader of the future.
sure, we can hope huh?
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:19   Link #43
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
I understand the whole thing about Naruto (or Sasuke) not being able to do things on their own and needing to often be bailed out, and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. If the main character becomes so powerful that he can handle anything on his own then the story gets dull quick. But I feel like that's exactly what has happened. Naruto has left the vast majority of ninja in his dust with sage mode. We started with a huge cast of characters all of which had unique strengths and weaknesses, and in parts like the rescue Sasuke arc you could see how each would use those to get Naruto to his goal when he couldn't possibly do it on his own. Now though most the original gennin are ignored or little more than comedy relief. They're hopeless in practically helping Naruto for the most part (lately he just tells them to stay out of his way). So instead of using a well developed line of supporting characters, Kishi has to rely on numerous gimmicks like powerful people from the past popping into his mind to save him.
I kind of did not find the right words, but I simply wanted to point out that Sasuke has real people helping him while Naruto just has all these souls or whatever freaky chakras inside himself that keep helping him.

I think Naruto has no real people to help him because Kishimoto missed his chance to create them - by making some of the Rookies stronger in order to be able to help Naruto or giving Naruto some helpers by introducing new characters... like he did it with Sasuke's team "Hebi"/"Taka".

We definitely agree on the "bold" part.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:21   Link #44
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
So Naruto is the son of one the strongest characters in the manga and now his mother has "special chakra". He was bred to be great. He went from an underdog and loser to a Gary Stu. Now listen, we all knew this a long time ago. But I just like pointing it out.

And yes it will always bear repeating. NEJI WAS RIGHT!

Kushina's special chakra probably has to do with subduing the Kyuubi. I doubt it is a bloodline limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Also, this was said so much last week but it needs to be repeated: Kushina is extremely good-lookin'. Seriously, she puts most women in the current generation to shame, whether she is a teen or adult.
I actually found Kushina plain and boring looking from these pics. Too Sakuraish. There are a number of girls in the manga today that areway prettier. Even Tenten. Maybe that was Kishimoto's point? Minato looked beyond her plain looks and liked the person. You can argue that is what Naruto did with Sakura and Hinata did with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
BTW i like how she was hotheaded and did beat the shit out of those who were harrasing here by saying she's a tomato and similar things (if the spoiler is true). As i earlier said i will call bullshit the disappearence of Dark-Naruto if Naruto does not change here, and i believe him changing towards Kushina's character would be good, that is stop being Jesus-Naruto and start telling people what's your problem with them and beat the shit out of them if it's needed for the peace of your mind. And that means that when Naruto beats Sasuke either by force or by converting him to his side, we should see a different Naruto when dealing with haters.

Because Naruto will have to deal with haters, Kumo will want Sasuke dead, many people in Konoha will want Sasuke dead too, but a new Naruto will say that if they don't stop to hate then he will contiuosly beat the shit out of them not only because of their hate but also because Naruto has plenty of reason to destroy Kumo because they kidnapped both his mother and his girlfriend, as for Konoha, they hated the child Naruto so he has reason to beat the shit out of them too. That is the way to deal with old people who have this hate, while with the young generations Naruto can deal with words/speech in a peaceful way. Sure i don't believe that the world can be changed by letting yourself beat up Anyway, i think that's the way Naruto will become a real leader of the future.
So basically you want Naruto to turn into a huge jerk that beats the shit out of people that don't see everything his way. You want him to use violence to solve everything even though the manga has all but screamed that is not how Naruto will bring about the end of the ninja system. It seems like you totally missed what Kishi has been writing about. Kushina acted that way because she was immature. She grew up. Naruto acted like a brat when he was young. Now he is also maturing.

Naruto wants to be like Kirabi who never shows any hate to anyone. Even the people that hated him Kirabi doesn't go around beating people up who want to kill his boyfriend. Kirabi forgave a guy who tried to kill him. And yet you want Naruto to go beat up Kumo and Konoha for past wrongs? Even though he was shown to get over that a couple chapters ago? The guy you want could never beat the Kyuubi. You have to let your hate and bitterness go. You are just enforcing the cycle of hate since everyone has the right to be pissed at someone in this manga. Geez.

P.S. Hinata is not Naruto's girlfriend.
__________________

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2010-06-09 at 13:31.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:24   Link #45
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, what i want to know is what does this flashback have anything to do with what's going on right now...
Not just that, I want to know why Naruto's dead mother is able to communicate with him.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:27   Link #46
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
P.S. Hinata is not Naruto's girlfriend.
-Shhhhhhh Ulquiorra, or the NarutoxHinata fans are going to hunt you down and make you watch the twins from Ouran High School Host Club for hours on end until you change your mind. Or just kill you. I'd personally choose death if given the option.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:31   Link #47
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Not just that, I want to know why Naruto's dead mother is able to communicate with him.
Special chakra. That's going to be Kishimoto's go-to answer from now on. In fact, it always has been. Why is Madara still alive? Special Chakra. How could Hashirama control the Bijuu? Special Chakra. How can Naruto resist the Kyuubi so well? Special Chakra. Why is an Uchiha better with a Sharingan? Special...wait, that was blood. Um, what's the deal with Tenten? Special Chakra?...Well, you get my point. The new macguffin will be special chakra.

Let's face it, the likelihood of Kishimoto giving us an adequate answer is fast approaching nil...

Kushina is here because Kishimoto couldn't come up with any other way of making her relevant. Stupid, but probably true...
james0246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:32   Link #48
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Kyuubi put ON HOLD!? Ew, if it wasn't for some Kushina flashbacking, it would have been bad :P At least now we know something more about the whole matter...I wonder when Kishi is going to touch the "special chakras" aspect that we've noticed on a few occasions so far.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:41   Link #49
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Special chakra. That's going to be Kishimoto's go-to answer from now on. In fact, it always has been. Why is Madara still alive? Special Chakra. How could Hashirama control the Bijuu? Special Chakra. How can Naruto resist the Kyuubi so well?
I don't see how this special chakra has anything to do with the matter. If she infused her special chakra in him and that's how they're able to communicate (which doesn't make sense anyway), why did she wait so long to talk with him?
I should just wait for the chapter and see what kind of answer Kishi gives us, because none of this makes sense to me right now.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:52   Link #50
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I don't see how this special chakra has anything to do with the matter. If she infused her special chakra in him and that's how they're able to communicate (which doesn't make sense anyway), why did she wait so long to talk with him?
I should just wait for the chapter and see what kind of answer Kishi gives us, because none of this makes sense to me right now.
I will answer this one with a quote.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I think this seal involved both Kushina and Minato in order to create a perfect seal that protects their son from any risks - and it cost both their lives - Minato protecting the seal and Kushina protecting Naruto's soul.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:55   Link #51
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kushina is here because Kishimoto couldn't come up with any other way of making her relevant. Stupid, but probably true...
Actually, I am sure he had another way, but gave up on it.

It turns out the only background element of Kushina (she comes from a former village) plays no role and there is absolutely no reason why we weren't told she died alongside Minato by Jiraiya and Tsunade.

So obviously, this is not what Kishi planned initially.
He is giving her one or two irrelevant chapters because Naruto's background has to be revealed, yet he decided it was not worth expanding upon.

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-06-09 at 16:49.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:07   Link #52
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
I not sure which sounds worse: Kishimoto failing (to create a relevant storyline), or Kishimoto trying, but then giving up half way through. Either way, the fans are the ones screwed...
james0246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:14   Link #53
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Shhhhhhh Ulquiorra, or the NarutoxHinata fans are going to hunt you down and make you watch the twins from Ouran High School Host Club for hours on end until you change your mind. Or just kill you. I'd personally choose death if given the option.

of course not...he has Sasuke
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:28   Link #54
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I not sure which sounds worse: Kishimoto failing (to create a relevant storyline), or Kishimoto trying, but then giving up half way through. Either way, the fans are the ones screwed...
In the end, all we depend on is Kishimoto doing it.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:55   Link #55
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Ohh man. Talking about no-privacy at all.

All the nasty henges.... all the jerking off...all the chicks Naruto will play...are all done with his parents on the FRONT ROW!! How can a son do his thing like that knowing it? Unless you are a pornstar that really should feel embarrasing and totally messed up!

Just who else is inside Naruto anyways?
The Kyuubi. Mom and dad... maybe Itachi and Jiraiya aswell.... perhaps also the frigging master legend frog that we've never seen before who fought against the Kyuubi with a small (young) Gamabunta?
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:17   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So basically you want Naruto to turn into a huge jerk that beats the shit out of people that don't see everything his way.
No, beat the shit out of people who cannot change and deliberately work against peace and hurt Naruto and his friends. There are people who are attached to some world order either because selfish reason like Danzou had (to become hokage) or they are just too old to change and fear the new era where things will be done different. Now, Naruto can either continue to play Jesus and have himself beat up by a shitty (compared to Naruto, not to others) kumo ninja or force his way on such people. The peaceful reasoning does not work, if you have noticed it from Nagato's life, and also destroying enemies does not work as Nagato and many other did and the kages still do. The way of peace is between these two extremes, and i think that is similar to Naruto's two extreme behaviours, pre-timeskip was the agressive Naruto who wanted to beat everyone, now we have seen the love&peace-naruto, but a good leader who changes the world is between these two.

And notice that when i said "beat the shit out of enemies" what i really meant is "do not kill them, just defeat them". That is a fundamental difference, to become someone like Goku from DB, the one who gives even the most evil people a second chance to change, and that way most of those who had even 1% of good in them will eventually join him. It has already happened with Naruto, but Kishimoto never made such changes to be Naruto's will, last time when Chiyo changed Kishimoto simply said that it's a misterious power that Naruto has, but Naruto never did this willingly, and if he will become a true leader he will have to do such things because believes this is the answer to Jiraiya's and Nagato's question. In DragonBall that Kishimoto liked so much the answer to peace was always the good will and generosity of the main character combined with his will to become stronger than everyone and beat every evil guy.

What do you expect will raikage and most of the ninja world say when Naruto brings back Sasuke? They will want to kill him, and Naruto has to deal with that hate. Sure he can't just let them do as they wish, and sure they won't just peacefully accept the will of a mere genin. Naruto will have to make a speech and if that does not work he will have to fight them. It's a shonen manga for a good reason, the ultimate solution in these mangas is always some cool fighting, that's why we read these

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-06-09 at 15:36.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:22   Link #57
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Ohh man. Talking about no-privacy at all.

All the nasty henges.... all the jerking off...all the chicks Naruto will play...are all done with his parents on the FRONT ROW!! How can a son do his thing like that knowing it? Unless you are a pornstar that really should feel embarrasing and totally messed up!

Just who else is inside Naruto anyways?
The Kyuubi. Mom and dad... maybe Itachi and Jiraiya aswell.... perhaps also the frigging master legend frog that we've never seen before who fought against the Kyuubi with a small (young) Gamabunta?
THAT IS IT! YOU ARE BRILLIANT!

Back in the first chapters/episodes, Naruto actually captured Sasuke and used henge to transform himself into Sasuke and steal a kiss from Sakura.
I do well remember him having problems with his stomach back then. It was said that came from the bad milk, but I actually think it was a sign. Minato or Kushina or even both did not want him to do that because it's not right or because Sakura is the wrong girl!


By the way, the chapter was overwhelming and brilliant. Kushina brings something with her... I don't know... maybe just what I have recently been missing about the story.
__________________

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2010-06-09 at 15:35.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:34   Link #58
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
So why aren't all the girls going crazy over Naruto? Did he not inherit any of Kushina and Minato's genes?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:37   Link #59
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So why aren't all the girls going crazy over Naruto? Did he not inherit any of Kushina and Minato's genes?
I think they will go crazy about him. It's just that he was the clown for 10 years and being the clown is not attractive. What girls liked about Sasuke was his cool atitude, although he was a pychotic freak they thought silent waters were deep...

...other proverbs say "pay most attention to the silent one, he's the most dangerous."

...and we all know that Kishimoto is very jealous. All the girls he draws belong to him and only him. He won't ever allow them to two-time him...
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 16:18   Link #60
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So why aren't all the girls going crazy over Naruto? Did he not inherit any of Kushina and Minato's genes?
-Because he takes after his mother in personality but with some of his father's looks. Unfortunately, not many women appreciate the whole "hot-headed and stubborn" aspects of his personality. Of course, if he is following in mommy's footsteps, then chances are he'll grow up to be so..."bishonen" that women will faint at the sight of him.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.