AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 22:36   Link #81
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

It's a pity none of the girls are like Kushina. Of the main ship interests, one is too shy, one is too blind.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:38   Link #82
james0246

So...why is Kushina wearing an apron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
She's dead, Jim...
Until I see her soul floating in the River Styx, I will hold out hope that Ku-chan is still alive...

Quote:
True. It's not outright stated, but I think we know where it's going. Kushina dies with Minato. Having Kushina alive would mean that Naruto's basically faced with a tacked on sidequest to find where she is and save her. On the verge of the 4th shinobi war, that would be difficult to mesh in with the rest of the story.
Haven't you ever played an RPG? You can always put aside the final boss while you go off and finish all the side quests that only open up right near the end of the game...

Quote:
Then again, wouldn't it be freaky if Kushina is who Kabuto had in his mystery coffin?
If only. We can't very well have the Uchiha storyline superseded by some silly story featuring the titular character now can we?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:41   Link #83
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Looks like a full body outfit to me.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:41   Link #84
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Because she died while baking a cake for Minato.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:44   Link #85
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And now i can picture that girl and guy pair that were Bee's students in team rocket outfits... all they need is some kind of small summoned ninja cat to say "moewth that's right"
well they do act like musashi and kojiro...
Old 2010-06-09, 22:46   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Looks like a full body outfit to me.
Looks like an apron to me...but whatever, it's bad clothing no matter what...Naruto must get his fashion sense from his mother...
Old 2010-06-09, 22:49   Link #87
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Looks like an apron to me...but whatever, it's bad clothing no matter what...Naruto must get his fashion sense from his mother...
She was baking cookies when the Kyuubi attacked.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:49   Link #88
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Actually I think there are Japanese outfits that have those big tie things in the back (non-aprons, forget the actual name).
Old 2010-06-09, 22:50   Link #89
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Actually I think there are Japanese outfits that have those big tie things in the back (non-aprons, forget the actual name).
A kimono? Looks nothing like a kimono.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:51   Link #90
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Not that...but who knows...maybe Kishi just made it up (like 'special chakra').
Old 2010-06-09, 22:55   Link #91
Ulquiorra
Espada

The Kyuubi. Arguably the most fearsome entity in the manga. Reduced to minor annoyance. Like a dog that crapped on the rug and was just punished.

At this point I can't take the poor fox seriously. Just let Naruto smack it around and we can move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
No, beat the shit out of people who cannot change and deliberately work against peace and hurt Naruto and his friends. There are people who are attached to some world order either because selfish reason like Danzou had (to become hokage) or they are just too old to change and fear the new era where things will be done different. Now, Naruto can either continue to play Jesus and have himself beat up by a shitty (compared to Naruto, not to others) kumo ninja or force his way on such people. The peaceful reasoning does not work, if you have noticed it from Nagato's life, and also destroying enemies does not work as Nagato and many other did and the kages still do. The way of peace is between these two extremes, and i think that is similar to Naruto's two extreme behaviours, pre-timeskip was the agressive Naruto who wanted to beat everyone, now we have seen the love&peace-naruto, but a good leader who changes the world is between these two.

And notice that when i said "beat the shit out of enemies" what i really meant is "do not kill them, just defeat them". That is a fundamental difference, to become someone like Goku from DB, the one who gives even the most evil people a second chance to change, and that way most of those who had even 1% of good in them will eventually join him. It has already happened with Naruto, but Kishimoto never made such changes to be Naruto's will, last time when Chiyo changed Kishimoto simply said that it's a misterious power that Naruto has, but Naruto never did this willingly, and if he will become a true leader he will have to do such things because believes this is the answer to Jiraiya's and Nagato's question. In DragonBall that Kishimoto liked so much the answer to peace was always the good will and generosity of the main character combined with his will to become stronger than everyone and beat every evil guy.

What do you expect will raikage and most of the ninja world say when Naruto brings back Sasuke? They will want to kill him, and Naruto has to deal with that hate. Sure he can't just let them do as they wish, and sure they won't just peacefully accept the will of a mere genin. Naruto will have to make a speech and if that does not work he will have to fight them. It's a shonen manga for a good reason, the ultimate solution in these mangas is always some cool fighting, that's why we read these
That's just not going to happen. Kishi all but shoved down our throats that Naruto is going to be a different shonen hero. Get use to Jesus Naruto. Look at the past 100 chapters with Kish's emphasis on an enlightened Naruto. Or just look at the past few chapters. Naruto had to defeat his dark side by accepting his hate and conquering it. Not by force. But by an almost zen like understanding. And hugs! Don't forget the Naruto Hug-no-Jutsu.

Naruto is not going to go around crushing heads of those that dare have a different viewpoint. That's why there are villains in the manga for him to fight. He is not going to stomp on the Raikage for Sasuke's benefit. Or get back at Kumo for Kushina. He is not going to smack around anyone in Konoha because they were mean to him. He already dealt with that. It's over and done with.

Besides, any obstacle to Naruto will be removed by Kishimoto. There could have been some great storylines with a Danzou led Konoha against Naruto. But now he is gone. The kids aren't going after Sasuke and listen to Naruto. Naruto head cheerleader Tsunade is back and the elders are all but finished. Konoha is 100% behind Naruto. Kumo will see things his way. Kishi is not going to make them villains now, and Kirabi and Naruto are tight. And Gaara will realize he was wrong for wanting him kept out of the war.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:57   Link #92
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
A kimono? Looks nothing like a kimono.
I wouldn't mind seeing her in a Fundoshi...
Old 2010-06-09, 22:57   Link #93
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Not that...but who knows...maybe Kishi just made it up (like 'special chakra').
It's just a long one-piece with a back ribbon.
Old 2010-06-09, 23:00   Link #94
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra
stuff
Welcome to Shounen. I do however have to say that the Kyuubi being tossed aside was lol inducing.
Old 2010-06-09, 23:04   Link #95
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The Kyuubi. Arguably the most fearsome entity in the manga. Reduced to minor annoyance. Like a dog that crapped on the rug and was just punished.

At this point I can't take the poor fox seriously. Just let Naruto smack it around and we can move on.
Let's face it, the Kyuubi's already almost been Tentacle raped by the Hachibi, and now Kushina is breaking out the chains (with whips to follow):

Either Kyuubi's about to get its temperature taken, or…?
Old 2010-06-09, 23:14   Link #96
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
such a heartwarming chapter, i loved it.
Old 2010-06-09, 23:15   Link #97
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Either Kyuubi's about to get its temperature taken, or…?
I will take option "B"... he's about to get shaved
Old 2010-06-09, 23:16   Link #98
Lunarskylar

kushina and minato's sex life seems very disappointing because of the hints in this chapter
i meant i guess its cuz he was such a flash, that she had to learn how to spice things up with her habaneroness
and tada special chakra chains

i feel bad for kumo, they're like the scapegoats of the series
"hey someone needs to be kidnapped, and orochimaru's dead. I know, kumo should do it!"
it doesn't help that it's the city of black ninjas either -__-
Old 2010-06-09, 23:20   Link #99
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I knew it the moment I read the summaries that this chapter was going to be awesome. Yes it's a little too convenient for Naruto to be saved in the same manner but if Tite Kubo can pull out a Hyperbolic Time chamber out of his ass when he deems it necessary, then this should be excused. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a character as much as I have enjoyed seeing Kushina's story unveil. Not much to say I guess except that its nice that this chapter wasn't rushed. It is moving at a nice pace and it is very touching, in part to Kushina's wonderfully executed lines to Naruto's own very natural reaction to seeing his mother. It was just that good.

Quote:
Until I see her soul floating in the River Styx, I will hold out hope that Ku-chan is still alive...
-Indeed. Until Kishimoto himself states that Kushina is buried 6-feet under (either in the chapters to come or the databook), I will hold on to the slightest bit of hope that she's still alive somewhere. If she's dead, so be it. But if she's alive...
Old 2010-06-09, 23:57   Link #100
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Kushina's hair is really long.

I really liked the chapter, it explained a bunch of stuffs.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion