AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 60 41.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-12, 03:09   Link #81
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
And we interrupt the program with a picture.

Spoiler for Angel:

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
Old 2010-06-12, 03:17   Link #82
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Very interesting a episode, and makes me glad Yui moved on as seeing her hyper self become an NPC would be sad, and Yuri was amazing this episode with his information gathering, combat vs shadow, solo mission, and leadership most of all.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:22   Link #83
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Once again, Naoi's hypnotizing is WIN.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:41   Link #84
Raiza Sunozaki
Sorcerer of Uncertainty

I have to say, this was possibly the best way to send off Angel Beats!. There's no way they could managed am individual ascension for all the members of the SSS, so this is a great way to conclude the series.
I already have a good idea of what going to happen next episode. Yuri's going to begin her descent in Guild, find her theory was correct, and confront the culprit who's behind this whole mess. That's still an unknown to me though, but I do have some ideas. Yuri then gets attacked by an army of shadows.
Flipside, the entire SSS is preparing their final decision, and Otonashi goes around talking with all of them, recounting his experiences in the afterlife, finally arriving at a place where he is alone with Kanade, he makes his decision.
Back underground, Yuri, while managing to survive pretty bad-assedly, is almost at her end fighting the shadow army. Just as she has no hope left, the entire SSS comes charging in, guns blazing, having found her thanks to the tracker Yusa left on her last time they were have se-
Anyway, some nice quotes and tearful smiles later, the episode ends and we get the ending credits.
That's my plan-out for episode twelve, at least.
Old 2010-06-12, 04:09   Link #85
Auron Requies

Another awesome episode, I'm even glad that the action has been kicked up a notch ("Dancing in the Shadows" "I kiss you")

So now the idea of 'God' is back again. Two episodes left, I hope there's gonna be an ova/oad of some sort.

On a quick note, seeing Noda show his soft side is actually nice.
Old 2010-06-12, 04:21   Link #86
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Matsushita go-dan is supposed to be training in the mountains, so it's natural for him to be absent for now. Shadows seem like a good way to finalize the story: with Otonashi's faction being able to effectively send everyone off, this can be their last obstacle (with loads of self-sacrifice and dramatic deaths, of course).
Old 2010-06-12, 04:31   Link #87
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Man am I thinking too much about how Takamatsu is now pretty much doomed to eternal npc misery? *Tries to imagine.*

Well I suppose he is technically "dead" and shouldn't be consciously aware of the repetitive infinite routine he will live through now. Did his soul move onto the next life or is he forever a prisoner? Unless there is part of him alive and he does know what he's become but can't do anything about it. As they said it's worse than death.
R.I.P, well I suppose that isn't really possible either. *Sadness*

In other news, I hope Noda and TK get badass moving on endings. I half expect TK to do Matrix with duel guns at some point. Anyone else lol?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-06-12, 04:57   Link #88
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Matsushita go-dan is supposed to be training in the mountains, so it's natural for him to be absent for now. Shadows seem like a good way to finalize the story: with Otonashi's faction being able to effectively send everyone off, this can be their last obstacle (with loads of self-sacrifice and dramatic deaths, of course).
But something is fishy for him to be absent at this very moment. It seems pointless to the story development to have him merely training in the mountains.

Poor Takamatsu. He will no longer show off his muscular body.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:05   Link #89
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Hm... How about this: One of the rogue Tenshi's escaped absorption!
Old 2010-06-12, 05:10   Link #90
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Hm... How about this: One of the rogue Tenshi's escaped absorption!
Clone: Guard skill: Delay.

Plot solved.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:16   Link #91
Mister Random

Can anyone confirm how many episodes are left (1 or 2) as in someplaces it says there are 12 episodes and others 13.

On the topic of the "final boss" , assuming that it is someone we know then "Call me Christ" is the most logical suspect given his knowledge of computers, the suspicious message on his computer at the end of the episode and his regular prescence in the series. I can barely remember some of the other people suggested as the boss.

As for this episode my favourite moment had to be Naoi trying to cover for Otonashi which just kept on getting more ridiculous as the scene progressed.

Like other people I too found it hard to believe that Otonashi had not worked out that Kanade was human as he seemed to be one of the first people to pick up that she may not be an angel afterall.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:22   Link #92
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Matushita 5th dan does not seem like the type to betray his comrades.
Except that he'd sell his soul for a bowl of meat udon

Seriously though, I felt it was extremely strange and therefore probably highly significant that we didn't see him at all in this ep (mountain training notwithstanding). I'm not tipping him for final boss though.

Anyway, so Otonashi really is as dumb as he seems sometimes. If he truly didn't realise Kanade was human then maybe that explains why he didn't show much of a reaction when he woke up in ep 9 to find her stroking his head and again when she touched his cheek.

One final thought, which is related to the poll results. I suppose it's early days yet, but so far it's a "twin peaks" shape, which is an indication that it's divided its audience. That's not a smart move this late on in a series, but it's probably the frenetic pacing that's leaving some of the audience behind.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:10   Link #93
Auron Requies

Now that people are taking about Matsushita, I can imagine him being the backup reinforcement for the end game during the series.

And is it possible to save Takamatsu from NPCment? (Gonna miss his random workouts) Though he doesn't look bad without glasses. But with what happened to him, does that mean that, all the NPC's there were originally human?

And why the hell did that computer repairman NPC seem liked being threatened by a machine gun is so normal? Bloody weird, his business must suck.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:18   Link #94
totalnet

Yuri's idea of 2 person team was a good idea to have each person watch over each other. But what if your teammate turn out to be the culprit? Now you got no one to protect you. He could easily wait until no other groups is around and turn the shadow on you.

We haven't really seen Ōyama doing any non-SSS activities. He had plenty free time to steal those computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
And why the hell did that computer repairman NPC seem liked being threatened by a machine gun is so normal? Bloody weird, his business must suck.
That's the whole point being NPC. Like in a JRPG, where you just went thru NPC's house and stole every valuable things in it. But when you speak to him, he totally ignore that and say his canned speech. Well the computer repairman NPC canned speech was that someone being stealing high end computers, which is ironic.

Last edited by totalnet; 2010-06-12 at 06:26. Reason: add reply
Old 2010-06-12, 06:20   Link #95
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
That's part of being NPC's, they don't have true emotions or sentience at all.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:29   Link #96
Raiza Sunozaki
Sorcerer of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
Yuri's idea of 2 person team was a good idea to have each person watch over each other. But what if your teammate turn out to be the culprit? Now you got no one to protect you. He could easily wait until no other groups is around and turn the shadow on you.

We haven't really seen Ōyama doing any non-SSS activities. He had plenty free time to steal those computers.
Seems like someone's thinking along my wavelengths. I'm in the same boat. If we drop the obvious culprits/red herrings like Christ, Oyama is high on my list of suspicious people.
Surprisingly, I found Yusa was as well. She seems technologically proficient, and is... well, underdeveloped.
On the list was also Takamatsu, who I considered might only be faking being an NPC.

The problem is, the SSS is a delinquent group, and they spend a lot of their time goofing off. And since we rarely see them all together, there's plenty of chances for one of the SSS to go on a computer stealing-spree, and play God.
But while the fact that the culprit uses Guild basically confirms that the culprit is one of the SSS, I would find it amusing if Maeda threw in a random new character as the culprit. Maybe not beneficial to the plot in any way, but amusing.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:34   Link #97
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
That's the whole point being NPC. Like in a JRPG, where you just went thru NPC's house and stole every valuable things in it.
Lol, that just reminded me of the RPG heroes are jerks video.

As obvious as the answer is, I just still find it hard to that the anyone would talk calmly with no clue while a gun is being pointed. But I guess that's a first shown in the anime where they shove a gun in the face of an NPC, unless its been done already in the Track Zero novels, which I still need to read.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:40   Link #98
eiyuu99

Opening cupboards and drawers for antidotes and herbs...
even if there is an NPC right in front of them. The good guys, yeah.

3-person group might be better, unless two are betrayers.
Old 2010-06-12, 07:01   Link #99
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

I really liked this episode so I gave it 10. I thought the pacing of this ep was great.

When the ed song played, I started to get teary-eyed, especially with the scene of Shiina and her wind-up cats. The ed song is so beautiful, especially when you sit and read the lyrics what the lyrics are saying. I really like the ed montages that they've been doing the past couple eps.

Favorite Animes of 2010: Baka to Test to Shoukanju, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Old 2010-06-12, 07:08   Link #100
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

If the afterlife is the Matrix, I guess it makes sense that even Otonashi can leap down if he feels like it.

TK continues to be as awesome as ever.

I thought Otonashi was just joking to himself...

...and then I thought he was just surprised that Yuri knew ...but no, he really didn't know. That this came as a shock was a surprise to me, too.

Dawwwwwww...

Funny how everyone seems to go into quiet solitary introspection right after Yuri told everyone to move as a group...

TK is exempt, of course. He's clearly challenging the shadows to an epic dance off. Shadows don't stand a chance.

I'm a little irritated that Yuri is still keeping so much to herself and acting on her own. She'd be a lot more effective if she brought backup. If she doesn't even tell anyone about her very sound suspicions, no one else will have a clue if something happens to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I wonder if the shadows are the product of a certain someone messing with Angel Player (or similar). "The Second Coming of Call-Me-Christ", anyone?
The Second Coming of Christ is surely upon us! Repent your sins regrets, or he damned to high school for all eternity!