AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 12:58   Link #21
Crimson Reaper

When I first saw this in the manga I couldn't believe Kubo did that to Soifon although I have to admit I was impressed by Barragan's release(He actually looks like Death) and powers. Nice use of some music we haven't heard in a while too. Makes you wonder though if he has the power to age anything then why isn't he A) The First Espada and B) Why is he taking orders from Aizen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ah, Soi Fon had joined the one handed division as well now.
Yeah seriously, Kubo must have a fetish for people losing an arm or something even if only temporary. Kukaku, Jidambou(Only in manga), Mayuri, Ulquiorra, Uryuu and now poor Soifon.
Kubo you're twisted man.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:12   Link #22
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
When I first saw this in the manga I couldn't believe Kubo did that to Soifon although I have to admit I was impressed by Barragan's release(He actually looks like Death) and powers. Nice use of some music we haven't heard in a while too. Makes you wonder though if he has the power to age anything then why isn't he A) The First Espada and B) Why is he taking orders from Aizen?
Yea I was wondering the same thing about his rank. Either there is a trick to his powers or if you have super regen powers you can combat his "aging" powers. Makes me REALLY want to see what the #1 has got in store. And even more so Aizen and his 2 buddies as they are above the ranked i think.

As a side note, someone with some kind of rebirth powers would be the hard counter to Barragan. Something like a phoenix or something. I wonder how soifong's "bee" powers are going to work out against him!
Old 2010-06-15, 15:28   Link #23
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, this episode. I don't know why you can't find it... just to be clear: you are talking about Hitsugaya asking Harribel her name, right?
I guess it is cut off in the version I saw, need to check different one. Thanks for the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Yeah seriously, Kubo must have a fetish for people losing an arm or something even if only temporary. Kukaku, Jidambou(Only in manga), Mayuri, Ulquiorra, Uryuu and now poor Soifon.
Kubo you're twisted man.
Don't forget Grimmjow
Though he did get his hand back but still... and I think Nnoitra also got his hands handed to him at one point.

I call it, Kubo had broken his arm in the past! More than once... is several different places...

EDIT: Though I think Soi Fon had the most epic way of losing it, even if animation looks weird. I still like manga panels with that moments

And about Barragan, duno about others but I keep him as my number 1
Don't care about Aizen's weird ranking which mostly doesn't make sence...

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-06-15 at 15:39.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:31   Link #24
Lendial

i wonder if his little amulet has any significance, or perhaps kt just likes the bling.
Old 2010-06-15, 15:41   Link #25
Ichiban Hayai

I will add my voice to the chorus
Barragans' power exceeds that of all previous espada put together.
After this episode the whole thing about Yami being the strongest, makes me laugh.

By the way the latest release is not some kind of huge explosion or typhoon etc. The ability itself is what matters
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:15   Link #26
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I loved watching Soi-Fon getting owned so very much Squeal baby squeal!

But this was particularly hilarious:

Spoiler for Dam You Hitsugaya! LOL:

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-15 at 16:29.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:23   Link #27
kitten320

^You sure love her
But then again I myself loled for the biggest part.

Ah, saw subbed preview. Lol at Soi fon's request. I seriously wouldn't mind if they really had made that deal

And yay! Go Yamamoto, put little Toshie back on place and make it all warm and cozy^^
Old 2010-06-15, 16:31   Link #28
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Oh but I do! lol That was a very enjoyable scene altho the level of enjoyment would have been improved by adding some blood after the amputation or making her squeal a lil ... a combination of the 2 would have been an exquisite touch .....
Old 2010-06-15, 16:42   Link #29
kitten320

Yeh, lack of blood was a minus.

Though having Soi freak out and scream so much sure was a plus. I had played the scene where she is falling and screaming way too many times
As well as the one before her arm got cut off.
Old 2010-06-15, 17:06   Link #30
medigo

there was no blood in the manga either anyway
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:26   Link #31
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ yeah, just comes to show how weird Kubo's noodle really is, he thinks some Shinigami have gallons of blood while others have none... weird life forms KT has imagined...
Old 2010-06-15, 17:27   Link #32
kitten320

Well being all tiny, small and thin I guess he really thought that Soi lacks in blood doze
Old 2010-06-15, 18:42   Link #33
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Omaeda tests Soi Fon's patience every month; She looses blood in other ways
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 18:59   Link #34
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not a bad conclusion to the fight. Wonder if the rationale was that having used up so much energy there was less of a chance for that last move to go out of control. Thought it was nice to bring up that old weather ability to combine with the finishing attack.
Yea, I think thats whats implied. I wonder if they'll ever be a fight where he can use it straight off the bat...whith 12 petals....would he rival Captain Commanders elemetal powers...at least in his shikai?

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 19:06   Link #35
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Loved the episode And barragans release and the added bonus was the music used it made the scene more somehow
Old 2010-06-15, 19:23   Link #36
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I can't wait to see Barragan in action this episode, he must be pretty special if Starrk is willing to follow his orders in this battle.
we all know Starrk is a lazy bastige ;p
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 19:47   Link #37
kitten320

The problem with Hitsugaya's power is that it is that powerful... he is one of the weakest captains and with unfinished bankai yet some one teachnique was able to kill off espada number 3?

Byakuya and Zaraki should have murdered Nnoitra and Zommari with closed eyes then.
Old 2010-06-15, 19:56   Link #38
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

far as I'm concerned, Hallibel is currently Han Solo in Carbonite, i.e. not dead

also...I didn't care for the official coloring for Barry's cloak...I like the fan rendition better

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 19:58   Link #39
kitten320

I always thought that it was suppoused to be black.
Old 2010-06-15, 20:13   Link #40
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The problem with Hitsugaya's power is that it is that powerful... he is one of the weakest captains and with unfinished bankai yet some one teachnique was able to kill off espada number 3?

Byakuya and Zaraki should have murdered Nnoitra and Zommari with closed eyes then.
Toushiro's win happened only because they couldn't make him look bad, the same would have happened if it was Byakuya.... altho in Bya's case he would have been justified a bit better cause he has more of a repertoire .

Zaraki almost got killed when fighting Noitra (5), Ichigo got killed Twice by Ulqui (4)... Soifon is squealing after facing Barragan.....if anything Toshiro should gotten sliced and diced by Halibel (not say r*pd) but that is something KT didn't have the cojones to do (lol) ...nah but seriously...thats how things are...