AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-16, 17:23   Link #81
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
considering nobody can possibly touch him, he can be all grandpa chatty all he wants. seriously - "everything i touch/touches me rots and dies" is the most bad ass power ever.

wonder what would happen if barry hi fives somebody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rOaaOQHwtA
Old 2010-06-16, 19:40   Link #82
Jerseykid

nm sailing away from the death cloud like a ship, why isn't the supposed speed oriented chick flash stepping to her safety. Why isn't she using her amazing hurricane wind like inducing flash release to blow the cloud away.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 21:04   Link #83
kitten320

Because Kubo is being an ass and makes her act dumb... -_-

Actually her running looked better in manga...
Old 2010-06-16, 22:35   Link #84
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
nm sailing away from the death cloud like a ship, why isn't the supposed speed oriented chick flash stepping to her safety. Why isn't she using her amazing hurricane wind like inducing flash release to blow the cloud away.
what makes you think Barry can't control the cloud?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 23:47   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
Monir:

Perhaps pure energy or extremely fast attacks can beat him.
In physics one theory assumes that the faster things move the slower they age. Theoryticly objects moving with the speed of light age slower.
Well, if he has the ability to slow down time itself, then he should be able to adjust relatively to Soi Fon's speed as according to the Theory of Relativity the above theory about spawns from. If Kubo can tell us how Barragan is slowing down time while remaining stationary, then perhaps we can conjure up some theory of our own as to how fast Soi Fon needs to be to strike home any hit against Barragan. If Barragan is observing the limitation of SpaceTime, then Soi Fon just needs to move faster than light. If her speed is even fractionally less than C (speed of light), then she has got a problem against Barragan.

Quote:
It reminds me of an episode of Thundercats where Chitara saved Tigra from a similar situation. Tigra was in a cave where he was aging rapidly. Chitara went in, grabbed him and came out again unaffected, due to moving ultra fast.
So Kubo is ripping off Thunder Cats now? I'm nominating Gin to yell out Thunder Thunder THUNDERCATS because his sword is the only one that extends. Oh my god, I might be on to something.
Old 2010-06-17, 00:32   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Think I need to touch up my old theory of how Barry's time field works...I previously believed it worked as fast as Barry could actually react, which is still plausible...though looking into teleportation a bit...it can completely circumvent his time field because teleporting renders your body out of the physical realm and you're able to move through matter and time.
Old 2010-06-17, 00:47   Link #87
monir
cho~ kakkoii

We need more physics in this discussion. Am I right?
Old 2010-06-17, 00:48   Link #88
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Lendial, she lost her already broken arm because it was flapping around against the wind, so it was behind the rest of her body.
Quote:
His power also seem to be contradictory at the two things he does: a) at dodging attacks b) at inflicting his own attacks. When he dodges attack he seems to slow down time. When is on the offensive he speeds up time. So he is pretty much manipulating time. Right?
Yup, pretty much. Barragan said it himself, "My aspect of death is old age, and age is time."
Quote:
If that's the case, how in the world Soi Fon hopes to defeat him. Or anyone for that matter against Barragan... ?
Soifon doesn't stand much of a chance against him...but kido should work, preservation of energy theorem and everything. Now, who could have powerful enough kido to take on #2 is a totally different question :P
Quote:
If her speed is even fractionally less than C (speed of light), then she has got a problem against Barragan.
I thought that moving AT the speed of light means your body gets incinerated by the infinite friction...
Quote:
I'm nominating Gin to yell out Thunder Thunder THUNDERCATS, ΗΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟ! because his sword is the only one that extends. Oh my god, I might be on to something.
...fixed!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-06-17 at 01:00.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 00:49   Link #89
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
We need more physics in this discussion. Am I right?
indeed, it makes my head hurt @_@
Old 2010-06-17, 01:01   Link #90
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, if he has the ability to slow down time itself, then he should be able to adjust relatively to Soi Fon's speed as according to the Theory of Relativity the above theory about spawns from. If Kubo can tell us how Barragan is slowing down time while remaining stationary, then perhaps we can conjure up some theory of our own as to how fast Soi Fon needs to be to strike home any hit against Barragan. If Barragan is observing the limitation of SpaceTime, then Soi Fon just needs to move faster than light. If her speed is even fractionally less than C (speed of light), then she has got a problem against Barragan.
You're putting to much thought into this monir. You should just listen to Barragan.
"From here on, until this battle is over, not a single thing will happen that you can comprehend." Are you trying to make him a liar by comprehending his powers?
Old 2010-06-17, 01:02   Link #91
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ya damn skippy
Old 2010-06-17, 01:06   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Soifon doesn't stand much of a chance against him...but kido should work, preservation of energy theorem and everything. Now, who could have powerful enough kido to take on #2 is a totally different question :P
Wait... unless I've misunderstood something again, why should Kido work against Barragan? A kido to take effect still needs to hit him, but Barragan can easily move out of its path by slowing down time. Isn't that what he was doing to avoid Soi Fon's attack?

Quote:
I thought that moving AT the speed of light means your body gets incinerated by the infinite friction...
That's why Soi Fon will need to borrow the special suit from Seven of Nine (Voyager ) that can create an independent field around her to negate the effect of our universe guided by its own set of physics. She puts on her own bubble universe of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
You're putting to much thought into this monir. You should just listen to Barragan.
"From here on, until this battle is over, not a single thing will happen that you can comprehend." Are you trying to make him a liar by comprehending his powers?

Play along Gin!
Old 2010-06-17, 01:14   Link #93
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Flash, Superman and Goku laugh at the laws of physics, and while he's at it...Flash will steal your kinetic energy.
Old 2010-06-17, 01:22   Link #94
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Wait... unless I've misunderstood something again, why should Kido work against Barragan? A kido to take effect still needs to hit him, but Barragan can easily move out of its path by slowing down time. Isn't that what he was doing to avoid Soi Fon's attack?
Okay, what about bakudo like rikujo korou? He can't move out of the way from every direction! (and don't say he'll duck or jump >__<)
Quote:
Flash, Superman and Goku laugh at the laws of physics, and while he's at it...Flash will steal your kinetic energy.
Have any of them stated to actually move at the speed of light or faster, or are they just really really fast in general? Also, Goku teleports to the interdimensional rift and travels at the speed of thought. Gotcha
Quote:
She puts on her own bubble universe of course.
I don't think BLEACH is at THAT level....yet xD
Old 2010-06-17, 01:34   Link #95
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
You know, some of the talk about Barragan's Respira attack made me realize something, and it's something that wasn't realized when I read the manga, and didn't come to mind until the anime, mainly because my perspective on the series changes depending on what the manga scene looks like in the anime...Short of that and all things equal, I think, contrary to what Barragan himself said, I actually comprehend at least one aspect of Barragan's powers...

Spoiler:

IT KIND OF MAKES SENSE
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 01:37   Link #96
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Okay, what about bakudo like rikujo korou? He can't move out of the way from every direction! (and don't say he'll duck or jump >__<)
Now you have me really confused with the nomenclature. I don't want to brag but I know as much about Bleach as the billy-goat knows about algebra. So, uhm.. what's Rikujo Korou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
She puts on her own bubble universe of course.
I don't think BLEACH is at THAT level....yet xD
Yeap, considering Seven of Nine has Soi Fon beat by at least 3 cups. If Soi Fon wears her suit, it will be all baggy and spacey on the chest. It will be like Rukia's trying out Orihime's bra. I think it's about time for me to go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Spoiler:

IT KIND OF MAKES SENSE
LOL... It does! It all makes sense now. Yeap, I can finally call it a night. Thanks Midnight.

And happy birthday to you!
Old 2010-06-17, 01:39   Link #97
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

Have any of them stated to actually move at the speed of light or faster, or are they just really really fast in general? Also, Goku teleports to the interdimensional rift and travels at the speed of thought. Gotcha
Flash is speed incarnate, Supes can just barely keep up with him in a foot race and have been shown to move at multiple times the speed of light. Superman has been written stupidly strong/overpowered for a long time...

*tries to keep the off-topicness at a minimum, don't want to be mod smacked *
Old 2010-06-17, 04:35   Link #98
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Now you have me really confused with the nomenclature. I don't want to brag but I know as much about Bleach as the billy-goat knows about algebra. So, uhm.. what's Rikujo Korou?
Six-rod prison or whatever it's called...the thingy Byakuya used on Renji before pwning him with his bankai.
Old 2010-06-17, 08:50   Link #99
kitten320

The best way to come up with sollution about how to beat Barragan is to come up with somethoing that doesn't age... does such thing even exists? 0_o
Old 2010-06-17, 10:59   Link #100
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Honey doesn't age, there was this honey trap in Naruto back in Hidan's fight...