AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-15, 23:49   Link #1
Jump

Removing sound from video files

Something I downloaded recently was a huge file, about 300 megabytes, because they did something fancy with the sound, I guess. I was told that if people re-encoded the audio to some other format, they could remove ~80 megs from the file.

And seeing as how I don't need audio, I would really like to save space and be able to put more files on a DVD, I'd like to know if there's any way to remove sound?

If it's a complicated and time consuming process, I won't bother, I don't have the time, but if it's something I can do fast and effeciently, I'd really like to be able to do this.

Thanks a lot.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 05:06   Link #2
Lambda

It's not too difficult in Windows. You'll need a program called Virtualdub if it's avi, or Virtualdubmod if it's ogm. Just open the video file, set video to "direct stream copy" and sound to "no sound" in the case of avi, or remove the sound stream for ogm, and then save the file.

If it's mpg, TMPGEnc will do. Go to MPEG tools and demultiplex.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 09:36   Link #3
Jump

Thanks a lot, picked up all of them, they were super fast and easy (took less than a minute per file).

Cut down a lot of memory too.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote