AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-21, 22:47   Link #1
Cream
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
In search of romance/drama anime.

Sorry everyone, as I know there are multiple threads open and active about romance .

Lets start off simple (: . I am currently some-what of an amatuer at knowledge of anime. I extremely enjoy it though, and hope I can continue watching it untill i get bored of it(or untill i run out haha ) . But , I do some-what know what I'm in search of. Romance , drama , comedy and maybe even action(as long as the action involves romance ) . I'm a sucker for a happily ever after, so i hope all of them end in such a way, but if it doesnt end happily please inform me(no need for spoilers) . I also enjoy a high-schoolish enviorment , that would make it easier to relate to. Oh and also, I dont only watch it, if its good enough I do read the manga. But only if the reccomendations are really good =P. So please, feel free to mention any manga or anime you want to.

I have watched/read a few.
The one i loved the most was Suzuka. So If you feel something is as good as it, please mention it (: .(25% anime 75% manga)
Clannad -Currently reading
Love hina
Ga-Rei (manga)
Ga-Rei Zero
Ichigo 100 -Didn't start, intend on reading soon
kampfer
Myself; Yourself

I don't care if its ecchi or harem . Infact, I probably prefer both haha .
Also, to be honest; Reccomend anything related to romance. Not once have I dropped an anime/manga that I've began to read/watch .

Anyways, Thank you for reading and taking the time to reply. Once again, I am sorry for making another one of 'those romance' threads :/

Good day (: .
__________________
Cream is offline  
Old 2010-06-21, 23:08   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
I guess I'll just copy paste what I wrote in the other Romance thread, as these two threads are pretty similar. Again, they're not exactly matching your tastes (and zero of them are harem or ecchi shows) but I suggest giving some of them a try.

Kare Kano - Couldn't think of a better introduction to HS anime.
Cross Game
Whisper of the Heart - my personal favourite
The aforementioned are high school-oriented (not so much the last one). The following have broader settings:
Crest/Banner of the Stars (well, this one's got some sci-fi "action", I suppose)
Nodame Cantabile - leaning towards comedy
Honey and Clover - leaning towards drama

You mentioned Love Hina, I strongly suggest watching the superior original version of the similar premise...Maison Ikkoku.
Maison Ikkoku
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2010-06-21 at 23:19.
Theowne is offline  
Old 2010-06-21, 23:39   Link #3
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
The best I've seen/read that is primarily a romance with a high school school setting:

Clannad - the anime. It is masterfully done.
Kanon
The World God Only Knows - manga
Kannagi
AIR - Not the happiest ending in the world...
To Aru Majitsu no Index
Seto no Hanayome
Kare Kano - seconded
School Rumble
Seitokai no Ichizon
Kimi no Iru Machi - from the creator of Suzuka, which you liked
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
KissxSis - walks the very fine line between ecchi and straight out hentai, lol
Mahoroba - Heartful Days
True Tears
ef ~ a tale of memories/melodies
Divini is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 00:28   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Cross Game. Honestly - just go there. If you have patience and appreciate subtlety, HS romance will never effect you more.

I also like True Tears, of course - more of a traditional romance and much shorter than CG, but nevertheless incredibly smart and emotionally riveting.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2010-06-23, 00:47   Link #5
Cream
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I guess I'll just copy paste what I wrote in the other Romance thread, as these two threads are pretty similar. Again, they're not exactly matching your tastes (and zero of them are harem or ecchi shows) but I suggest giving some of them a try.

Kare Kano - Couldn't think of a better introduction to HS anime.
Cross Game
Whisper of the Heart - my personal favourite
The aforementioned are high school-oriented (not so much the last one). The following have broader settings:
Crest/Banner of the Stars (well, this one's got some sci-fi "action", I suppose)
Nodame Cantabile - leaning towards comedy
Honey and Clover - leaning towards drama

You mentioned Love Hina, I strongly suggest watching the superior original version of the similar premise...Maison Ikkoku.
Maison Ikkoku
I'm going to try out honey_and_clover and Kare kano , sorry I have to limit the anime's I'm watching because Im really booked for the summer -_- I thought i was free lawl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
The best I've seen/read that is primarily a romance with a high school school setting:

Clannad - the anime. It is masterfully done.
Kanon
The World God Only Knows - manga
Kannagi
AIR - Not the happiest ending in the world...
To Aru Majitsu no Index
Seto no Hanayome
Kare Kano - seconded
School Rumble
Seitokai no Ichizon
Kimi no Iru Machi - from the creator of Suzuka, which you liked
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
KissxSis - walks the very fine line between ecchi and straight out hentai, lol
Mahoroba - Heartful Days
True Tears
ef ~ a tale of memories/melodies
haha ! I just stopped watching kanon because I have to wait for the video to load, but thx. It was a good suggestion. I'm also currently gonna head on to clannad After story.
I wanna trY AIR , kissxsis ,(kare kano since it was reccomended x2) and Kimi no Iru Machi .
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Cross Game. Honestly - just go there. If you have patience and appreciate subtlety, HS romance will never effect you more.

I also like True Tears, of course - more of a traditional romance and much shorter than CG, but nevertheless incredibly smart and emotionally riveting.
Seems like Cross game is a very popular anime, Im going to check it out, I've been reccomended it by a lot of people. && Since True Tears was reccomended twice , I guess i'll also try that.

Damn, I'm booked for a while haha. This is great Thanks guys and if you got more keep em' commin
__________________
Cream is offline  
Old 2010-06-23, 07:57   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Seeing as though you like Suzuka, are you reading Seo Kouji's most recent manga Kimi no Iru Machi? It's currently upto chapter 94, and it's been one hell of a ride since the start. Uses similar themes as Suzuka, so it's a must read.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-06-23, 11:24   Link #7
airstorm
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
One I haven't seen mentioned yet is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Quite a bit of drama in that. As for happy or sad ending, I've seen a lot of disagreement on that. I personally think the original ending makes most sense. Fortunately, they did two endings (the OAVs can be drop in replacements) so you get to pick.
airstorm is offline  
Old 2010-06-24, 05:57   Link #8
Animelover#1
Kouta...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Age: 19
Here's my list of animes I have watched, since I only watch romance animes you might like these, if any are the same as anyone elses post then just say I seconded you ^^

Mahoromatic
Mahoraba
Onegai Twins
Onegai Teacher
Chobits
Girls Bravo
Midori days
True Tears
Chocotto Sister
DearS
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Lamune
Akikan
Chibi Vampire Karin
Eden of the East
He is my Master
I's Pure
Ichigo 100%
Kannagi
Kemeko Deluxe
Sekerei
Shakugan No Shana
Kiss X Sis
Sora No Otoshimono
Sumo momo momomo
To Love-Ru
To Heart 2
Zero No Tsukaima
Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Final Approach
Akane Iro Ni Somoru Saka
Mamotte Shugogetten
Seto No Haneyome
Hanamaru Youchien
Chu-Bra ~ Didn't finish
Bakemonogatari
Azumanga Daioh ~ Didn't finish
Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!
Bosou Renkin
She, The Ultimate Weapon ~ Sad Ending
B Gata H Kei
__________________
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/uploads/signaturepics/sigpic481_2.gif
Animelover#1 is offline  
Old 2010-06-24, 23:49   Link #9
MamoruUsagi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bokura ga Ita
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
The Devil Does Exist
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Kare Kano
Peach Girl
High School Debut
Marmalade Boy
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Sailor Moon
Sand Chronicles
Ultra Cute
Ceres Celestial Legend
Absolute Boyfriend
Itazura na Kiss
Ultra Maniac
B.O.D.Y
Missile Happy!

These are great romance manga and anime, the couples are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in intimate relationships with kissing, sex, break ups, dating, marriages, engagements.

Mars
The Devil Does Exist
We Were There
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Paradise Kiss
Sailor Moon
Kare First Love
Kare Kano

are the most mature, serious, epic romance manga.

Wild Act
High School Debut
Happy Hustle High

are sweet, romantic romacne manga, but not as serious, sensual and mature as the precious ones.

Mars is the most mature romance manga.

Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yugi
Kare First Love
Mars
Happy Hustle High
Kare Kano
Paradise Kiss
Peach Girl
The Devil Does Exist
Ultra Cute
Mars
High School Debut
We Were There
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Sailor Moon
Marmalade Boy
Wild Act
Absolute Boyfriend
Missile Happy!

are really good romance manga choices.

Bokura ga Ita
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
The Devil Does Exist
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Kare Kano
Peach Girl
High School Debut
Marmalade Boy
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Sailor Moon
Sand Chronicles
Ultra Cute
Ceres Celestial Legend
Absolute Boyfriend
Itazura na Kiss
Ultra Maniac
B.O.D.Y
Missile Happy!

all have couples in relationships.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-06-25 at 00:11.
MamoruUsagi is offline  
Old 2010-06-25, 09:53   Link #10
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Kimi ni Todoke and Ceres are both good Romance/Drama anime I enjoyed them and I would highly recommend both series for anyone
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.