AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Old 2011-01-07, 08:49   Link #561
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just went to ANN Winter anime preview and most of the reviewers who reviewed IS hated the show and calling it "stupid, cliche, crap and not worth the time".

I was like "What the" when they said that. Considering IS manage to impress a very cynical anime blogger that i know, i'm surprise it was very opposite with the guys at ANN.

Hopefully the other ANN reviewers who haven't seen the show yet will be much better.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:06   Link #562
Belgaesh

I quite liked the first episode, the art is awesome. I quite liked the idea since I've first read it.

Thankfully the protag, Ichika was not as bad as I think it would. He is the only man in the whole world that can pilot "IS", can't be half-assed.

mikoo

Goona use this one. Thanks!
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:09   Link #563
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just went to ANN Winter anime preview and most of the reviewers who reviewed IS hated the show and calling it "stupid, cliche, crap and not worth the time".

I was like "What the" when they said that. Considering IS manage to impress a very cynical anime blogger that i know, i'm surprise it was very opposite with the guys at ANN.

Hopefully the other ANN reviewers who haven't seen the show yet will be much better.
For some reasons, all of ANN's current review are the opposite of what I feel about the shows I've watched, so I kinda avoid them at all cost to save me some sanity. Even some sound like they have to write it because it's their job, not because they watched it and want to write a review about it.

People who shout "cliche" in this one, I categorize them the same as those that shout "moeblob" when they see cute girls as the main characters in one show, or "mindless ecchi" when there is a sign of boobs/ass/whatever it is. It has cliche doesn't mean it's automatically bad.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:09   Link #564
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

i don't mind cliche so long it's properly executed or properly done

Well as the saying " Beauty is with in the eyes of the beholder" as each individuals has there on opinion and preferences.

As for me i'll continue to watch and make my own opinion on the show (manga/LN)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:10   Link #565
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Well that's because it's the voice actress who played Mio herself! And she's Houki in this anime.
I noticed that Houki also looks a lot like Shiino from Seitokai Yakuindomo at certain angles . Surprise surprise its Yoko Hikasa also voices her

Otherwise it was a decent first episode. Nothing too special . Oh well , more harem-ish animes are fine by me
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:12   Link #566
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
There is only one thing that I can't understand him, and that's how he can't consider he was blessed with that situation. I mean, it's not like all those girls treat him badly or anything.
Having an entire class/school of girls giggling, whispering and gossiping behind your back can be rather stressful for any guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If that means you think of me as a noble, then i'm all cool with that . I do sit with my legs crossed drinking tea while i watch my anime.
Dude, that's awesome!

Please tell me you have a Monocle! You gotta have a Monocle!

Quote:
Pretty sure Cecilia wasn't even on my radar (sorry for not liking anything that's bigger than a C ), but her talk with Ichika made me tremble in excitement. She doesn't look down on people as if they are worse than trash even with all that pride and "I'm standing at the top" attitude, but still maintain the distant and superior presence toward him. I just have a thing or two for girl like that.
Quote:
That's far from being "extremely weird". Beside, without those characteristics, I can't see I will be attracted by her.
Base on past experiences, haughty ojou-sama turns shy and girly makes the best deredere cream

So before the other people realize this, I'm calling dibs on Cecilia heh!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:15   Link #567
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:

It's ok, when i go read the review of anime haters in ANN i know what to do, more a show get low rating more this show is very interesting and worth watching. Infact as i expected i like IS.

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Berserk | Aku no Ana
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:17   Link #568
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

im wondering this nao....

WHY. ARE. RICH. OJOU-SAMAS. SPORTING. CURLS\DRILLS?!?!?!?!

ima waiting to see her 'fall' for ichika nao....

LvB reference....
Old 2011-01-07, 09:18   Link #569
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Thankfully the protag, Ichika was not as bad as I think it would. He is the only man in the whole world that can pilot "IS", can't be half-assed.
Except that he knows virtually nothing about this piece of equipment that he's apparently so good at operating. I can't fathom how this could be the case. He's the only male in the world who can even make the thing move, much less actually be good with it. Why hasn't he bothered to learn anything about it? I'm willing to believe someone is lazy and apathetic, but asking me to accept that is absurd. It'd be like discovering I can conceive a child and not bothering to go to a doctor and ask why.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:22   Link #570
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Having an entire class/school of girls giggling, whispering and gossiping behind your back can be rather stressful for any guy.

Dude, that's awesome!

Please tell me you have a Monocle! You gotta have a Monocle!

Base on past experiences, haughty ojou-sama turns shy and girly makes the best deredere cream

So before the other people realize this, I'm calling dibs on Cecilia heh!

If she(cecilla) is like a certain scientific railgun her dere dere factor is over 9000 and raising
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:32   Link #571
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
im wondering this nao....

WHY. ARE. RICH. OJOU-SAMAS. SPORTING. CURLS\DRILLS?!?!?!?!
Only the blond ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Except that he knows virtually nothing about this piece of equipment that he's apparently so good at operating. I can't fathom how this could be the case. He's the only male in the world who can even make the thing move, much less actually be good with it. Why hasn't he bothered to learn anything about it? I'm willing to believe someone is lazy and apathetic, but asking me to accept that is absurd. It'd be like discovering I can conceive a child and not bothering to go to a doctor and ask why.
If it works, who cares how it works ?! Real men don't read the Instruction Manuel!

You just wing it and see what happens !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:32   Link #572
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

You want ?
Will they be making girl figures with their respective IS's ? I hope^
Old 2011-01-07, 09:39   Link #573
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thx for info.

Btw , if this show didn't have a male lead , this would be an Yuri anime ^^ Strike Witches?
Dunno if with only 1 male , we'll be able to see some random Yuri couple.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:42   Link #574
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If it works, who cares how it works ?! Real men don't read the Instruction Manuel!
Reading Instruction Manual prevents you from being looked like a loser, though .

And I learned it the hard way.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:48   Link #575
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Episode 01 freebies:

Claiming this one. Thanks for the sig and avatar. Men waves their flag in that fashion

Nice episode 1. With pretty busy schedule. I can only watch it while I'm on the bus. nevertheless it's plenty enjoyable. Though the next episode would probably doubled it. I can't wait to see the fight.

Tsundere are always win on my book and by the looks of the battle in the beginning. It looks like the fight scene wouldn't let me down.

I wonder how will he beat up Cecilia. With him having near to zero experience and his opponent is an elite representative.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 10:24   Link #576
magnuskn

Good artwork, mecha fights ( even if the design is a bit strange ), sympathic characters. Finally a new anime to watch after Regios was over.
Old 2011-01-07, 10:33   Link #577
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Need fabulous background, too.
Of course. I'll also wear a cape and be buttering myself a scone.
Old 2011-01-07, 10:44   Link #578
Soviet

Damn, I didn't know anything about this show, so this episode trolled me pretty hard with its opening mecha-battle sequence. "w00t! Mecha-action! I missed you!"

And then the rest of the episode happened
The IS can only be piloted my females (*groan*). The protag is of course the only male exception (*groooaaaan*). Whacky harem-hijinks ensues. It's like they don't even fuckin' try anymore.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 11:13   Link #579
Funkatron
Nyow I get it

Send a message via AIM to Funkatron
So far so good. They weren't throwing fanservice everywhere, the main guy isn't a pushover where it counts and he even has a sense of honor. I can at least get why Houki was tsundere and she only attacked when she thought Ichika was a perv and she was embarrassed. I can forgive that though if it does go on for too long it may get annoying. Other than that the main thing that'll keep me are the battles and it looks like they will look sweet
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 11:33   Link #580
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
The IS can only be piloted my females (*groan*). The protag is of course the only male exception (*groooaaaan*). Whacky harem-hijinks ensues. It's like they don't even fuckin' try anymore.
You should try harder, too.

Obviously you know nothing about this show if you think it's "whacky harem-hijinks".

Tags
comedy, ecchi, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen