AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 19:49   Link #861
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Ew...

I'm guessing it probably has to do with a specific factor in female neurological activity, something that males lack or cannot use effectively.
Old 2011-01-12, 19:52   Link #862
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
No it would POSSIBLE mean that someone (Not saying who) had an IS made for him and only him...
If that's the case it would be very odd that the same hadn't been done for other males, as I doubt the worlds population of men would sit around and let women take all the thunder without a fight. Of course, maybe it has been done for others under the wraps...
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:58   Link #863
Asuras
Dictadere~!

No doubt men have tried to design a male-capable vessel, and unless they've all failed, it's likely they've been covered up by men and/or women. If it had been done before and worked, it'd be all over the place like drugs in America, and a male IS-user wouldn't be so extraordinary, which isn't the case.
Old 2011-01-12, 20:53   Link #864
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
No doubt men have tried to design a male-capable vessel, and unless they've all failed, it's likely they've been covered up by men and/or women. If it had been done before and worked, it'd be all over the place like drugs in America, and a male IS-user wouldn't be so extraordinary, which isn't the case.

the answers to most of these questions are over in the LN thread, and if not you can ask there. Novel readers can't properly discuss this topic without spoilers.......
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 21:06   Link #865
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
No it would POSSIBLY mean that someone (Not saying who) had an IS or IS Core made for him and only him...
i guess we'll understand better later but i dont think we should blow our minds asking why only women can pilot the IS. Pretty sure its gonna be explained later so lets stay with this in our minds "The IS only works for women". Thats it.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 23:21   Link #866
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-01-13, 00:11   Link #867
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'm just surprised the government hasn't already taken this boy into custody and done some research on him. I mean if he's the only man capable of piloting an IS, and its something in his genes, I could see them make him mass produce some children who are compatible with the IS :O (lawl - or teh cl0ne warz)
Old 2011-01-13, 00:12   Link #868
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Genetic cloning for the... Win?
Old 2011-01-13, 00:20   Link #869
Chaos2Frozen
:)

whos to say that they haven't already?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 00:24   Link #870
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Oh teh noes.

Hopefully not, we don't want several instances of harem going down on the planet; stuff like that starts world wars.
Old 2011-01-13, 00:25   Link #871
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Oh teh noes.

Hopefully not, we don't want several instances of harem going down on the planet; stuff like that starts world wars.
Im shureee he wouldn't mind lewl.

But honestly, I'm surprised this isn't bigger news since he the only guy who can pilot one of those machines. And is this really only slated for 12 episodes? I was hoping 24 for some good plot development
Old 2011-01-13, 00:33   Link #872
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Nearly everyone interested in a series wants a 24 episode season, it's just natural. However, if they were to do so, it may compromise their 'economy.' What if it doesn't become as popular as they'd hoped? That means they just spent crap-loads more money to add in the extra 12 episodes that didn't garner any more income to out-stand their spending.
Old 2011-01-13, 00:54   Link #873
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Nearly everyone interested in a series wants a 24 episode season, it's just natural. However, if they were to do so, it may compromise their 'economy.' What if it doesn't become as popular as they'd hoped? That means they just spent crap-loads more money to add in the extra 12 episodes that didn't garner any more income to out-stand their spending.
That is true, I guess it is safer to stick with 12 and expand if it is popular enough.

Oh well :\, me as a consumer just wants moarrr. I support by actually buying the blu-rays too
Old 2011-01-13, 00:55   Link #874
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I would buy them too, except I can't understand Japanese without subs... D:
Old 2011-01-13, 01:08   Link #875
Boduar

Hes a genetically created being with a falsified memory obviously.... (im guessing obviously).
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 01:52   Link #876
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
But, hey, people are pondering about the USA representative, but what about other representatives like: the Italian representative, or the representative from Russia.

Interesting, the choices aside from the Japanese representatives (duh! too obvious) that partake in this show. Since, the other countries had been in one way or another involved with Japan's history:

*snips*

Britain

France

The last two were a bit of a surprise, but after researching a little bit of history makes sense.

*snips*

It seems a little bit off that there are no Italian or Dutch representatives thrown into this show.
From my perspective, it looks like the author chose countries that are more heavily involved in modern wars or world politics. If that is the case, the only major missing countries are USA and Russia.

Italians and Dutch have not made much world news lately. The only ones involved in politics in that area is the Vatican, but they are considered their own separate sovereign state and not a part of Italy.

With this, I do expect to see Russia and the USA at some point, but probably not any other country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
How about Canadians?!
Canadians, in general, are not heavily involved in world politics or wars. When was the last time you heard Canada taking a major offensive in war except with the USA during colonial times?

Canada tends to try to be neutral in most cases, hence they blend into the world background and do not stand out. You don't see too many Swiss representatives, do you? In general, they are not heavily involved in world politics, so there is not much to elaborate from them. (I have a lot of Canadian friends, and they probably would crucify me for saying all this. Canadian National pride is really, really high)
Old 2011-01-13, 01:55   Link #877
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
From my perspective, it looks like the author chose countries that are more heavily involved in modern wars or world politics. If that is the case, the only major missing countries are USA and Russia.

Italians and Dutch have not made much world news lately. The only ones involved in politics in that area is the Vatican, but they are considered their own separate sovereign state and not a part of Italy.

With this, I do expect to see Russia and the USA at some point, but probably not any other country.

Canadians, in general, are not heavily involved in world politics or wars. When was the last time you heard Canada taking a major offensive in war except with the USA during colonial times?

Canada tends to try to be neutral in most cases, hence they blend into the world background and do not stand out. You don't see too many Swiss representatives, do you? In general, they are not heavily involved in world politics, so there is not much to elaborate from them. (I have a lot of Canadian friends, and they probably would crucify me for saying all this. Canadian National pride is really, really high)
And we canadians are still technically British Subjects.
Old 2011-01-13, 02:33   Link #878
zato_1one

Woot! This series has many hot girls. More importantly, NO LOLI! Yes, I'm in.

By the way, is British's food that bad? Sorry, if it was already discussed before.
Old 2011-01-13, 02:45   Link #879
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Woot! This series has many hot girls. More importantly, NO LOLI! Yes, I'm in.
Huh? I remember there's one loli.
Zakoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 02:57   Link #880
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Huh? I remember there's one loli.
Huh? Really? If it is then that means she was so insignificant that I didn't notice her.

By the way, why blond and curly hair character always has bitchy attitude?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen